AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-02-01, 05:07   Link #4341
theshade1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Connection View Post
Which is why we never said we want to see Erina chopped up into pieces.What we wanted was to get her humiliated for 5-10 chapters and during the mean time,have her understand that her past actions were wrong,a bit like what Index did with the Accelerator.
That's still a bit too much. It was only the one thing she did, which happened ages ago, which the MC doesn't hold against her. At best an admission of guilt and apology is enough. Even then, Souma would prolly wouldn't care, judging by his character and past actions.
theshade1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-01, 05:12   Link #4342
homohominilupus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starway View Post
Wow your making us look like some big bad villain who wants to rule/destroy the world,and not some people who can if they want to discuss a manga on discussion page how about instead of putting words in peoples mouths and making people out to be bully's you come up with something that has to do with the manga and not something that's just insulting people.
Oh,if insulted you like that then I'm sorry,I just like everyone else posted my opinion cos it looked that you people are going to far.
Again,if I insulted you then I'm terrebly sorry.
homohominilupus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-01, 05:14   Link #4343
Starway

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiDomo View Post
sorry i actually meant monk. a certain monk. for log horizon.

shino actually did have situations of humiliations pandering, them bullies man.

ah thats what you meant, sorry no that wasn't what i was talking about souma being overqualified for being expelled, he being expelled because he pissed off the examiner. if they are expelled for not being at school standards, then the school shouldn't be expelling them but shaping them up to standard, which is what a school suppose to be. but like i said, my point is mout because this school model is eat or be eaten. not only that they are crushing possible potentials as well.

i told you, i don't approve of erina behavior either but you don't piss off a person in charge of your test especially when that person can ruin you for life. that also, isn't fan boy-ism that is being realistic.

yeah, that too don't be a dick in general but guess what souma was a being a dick.

why are you shocked. I'm just being realistic. I'm not gonna hire a guy acting like a punk. it could mean the death of my business over the likeliness he is a prodigy in his talent. of course I'm exaggerating at death but it would be a couple step backwards and possible bankruptcy.

like i said i never approved of her behavior or actions. but you don't fken mess with a sleeping lion when you got the prize in your eyes. he clearly had her when she tasted his dish but pushed it too far and that what caused her to push him to fail. yes i would actually believe her if people didn't know or understand of the current school system and the difficulty level. of course people will get overwhelmed when going to a bigger pond that tends to destroy people. course she also underestimating souma but why wouldn't anyone? dude came there with literally no name. dwhat do you expect from a prestigious school? souma is clearly ousted as the under dog for story plot.
Nope sorry she said his food was bad and failed him on that and not on him being a dick and she pretty much said that she doesn't give a shit about passing anyone and she was being bitch way before he started being rude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshade1 View Post
That's still a bit too much. It was only the one thing she did, which happened ages ago, which the MC doesn't hold against her. At best an admission of guilt and apology is enough. Even then, Souma would prolly wouldn't care, judging by his character and past actions.
Except the destroying club by cutting their funding then forcing them into matches they can't win so she could get new bigger kitchens throwing away nikumi and trying to not let souma in to the tournament.
Old 2015-02-01, 05:17   Link #4344
DemiDomo
Rest in peace Monty.

Quote:
Nope sorry she said his food was bad and failed him on that and not on him being a dick and she pretty much said that she doesn't give a shit about passing anyone and she was being bitch way before he started being rude.
she clearly enjoyed his food but guess what "i can't say i didn't pass you for personal reasons, so let just say you fail because your food sucked"

yeah you don't be a obvious dick back to the already bitchy examiner. you should be a clever dick and not get caught.

seriously though, he would've passed, just because she started off at the mentality "I'm not gonna pass anyone" doesn't mean you can't change her opinion.

things aren't always rock solid.
DemiDomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-01, 05:19   Link #4345
Sarun

I think it is pretty nicely implied that Erina failed Soma not because he said that (after she did tasting) but because she couldn't accept that he could make something good or be a good chef despite her body reacted in that matter. Much of their later interaction and her developing dislike for his nature support that, IMO.

And what he said after her tasting was directly in response to her doubting whether he could get into school.

However, technically speaking it's accepted that Erina is among the best tasters in the world and any official reason can be invented for why Soma was failed by Erina (she or they could internalize or justify herself by just raising the standards of passing much higher than Soma could meet at the point). In the end, "the gramps" had good reaction after "examining" the food and passed Soma.

In one sense, it just showed that Soma had to overcome much prejudice and challenges that comes due to his background if he is to aim for the top of Tootsuki. So, would say that chapters 2 & 3 conflicts was needed. I only find it interesting that his big early 'antagonist' was someone that is very much his heroine if I go by usual storytelling.
Old 2015-02-01, 05:26   Link #4346
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Honestly how did the topic derailed this much? Erina wasn't even doing anything recently, hell she wasn't even in the discussions over the past few weeks. Most of you Erina's brashers are really just hating for the stake of hating. Yes she was being professional but that was just a comical introduction of Erina to Souma, so just get over with it.
Old 2015-02-01, 05:27   Link #4347
PerseusJax

Quote:
You must be the god of this series,Yūto Tsukuda.Sensei,what's the next chapter about?
Maybe he was going by the popularity poll results where she was the most popular character in the series outside of Souma himself. Sure that was 50 or so chapters ago but that was after the incident of her rejecting Souma's application and also her shutting down the research societies. That's the only official clue to who is in the minority. Then you can look at things like the number of favourites the characters have on their MAL profiles or mangafox forum polls where Erina is also the favourite and actually he doesn't have to be god of the series to probably be correct.
PerseusJax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-01, 05:27   Link #4348
DemiDomo
Rest in peace Monty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarun View Post
I think it is pretty nicely implied that Erina failed Soma not because he said that (after she did tasting) but because she couldn't accept that he could make something good or be a good chef despite her body reacted in that matter. Much of their later interaction and her developing dislike for his nature support that, IMO.

And what he said after her tasting was directly in response to her doubting whether he could get into school.

However, technically speaking it's accepted that Erina is among the best tasters in the world and any official reason can be invented for why Soma was failed by Erina (she or they could internalize or justify herself by just raising the standards of passing much higher than Soma could meet at the point). In the end, "the gramps" had good reaction after "examining" the food and passed Soma.

In one sense, it just showed that Soma had to overcome much prejudice and challenges that comes due to his background if he is to aim for the top of Tootsuki. So, would say that chapters 2 & 3 conflicts was needed. I only find it interesting that his big early 'antagonist' was someone that is very much his heroine if I go by usual storytelling.
now this is a solid argument. I tip my hair to you.
Old 2015-02-01, 05:27   Link #4349
Starway

Quote:
she clearly enjoyed his food but guess what "i can't say i didn't pass you for personal reasons, so let just say you fail because your food sucked"

yeah you don't be a obvious dick back to the already bitchy examiner. you should be a clever dick and not get caught.

seriously though, he would've passed, just because she started off at the mentality "I'm not gonna pass anyone" doesn't mean you can't change her opinion.

things aren't always rock solid.
First off I was being sarcastic on the nope sorry part second no you can't change her opinion it was the opening ceremony and she didn't even try to change her mind if not for the old man this manga would of ended on chapter 3.

Also off topic what is everyone favourite characters mine Alice and poor poor poor takumi I think.
Old 2015-02-01, 05:29   Link #4350
DemiDomo
Rest in peace Monty.

Quote:
First off I was being sarcastic on the nope sorry part second no you can't change her opinion it was the opening ceremony and she didn't even try to change her mind if not for the old man this manga would of ended on chapter 3.

Also off topic what is everyone favourite characters mine Alice and poor poor poor takumi I think.
ah sorry star, i was in battle mode, took everything as offense. no grains of salt was taken. Also, i believe he could've. but you know what story plot!

if alice is erina cousin? yes she is my favorite as well. quite a cute comical character.
Old 2015-02-01, 05:38   Link #4351
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
The MC wasn't the only person she messed around with.She went around and humiliated people by pouring food over their heads.She intimidated people into forfeiting the entrance exam.Screwed with the MC.Screwed with the club.Screwed with Nikumi.It's pretty clear that a lot of people in the school are victims of her god awful attitude.

As for why she failed the MC,several reasons:

1.She never PLANNED to pass anyone to begin with.Her monologue in chapter 4 pretty much sums up her thoughts.To admit someone outside of Tootsuki's Middle School indicates that Tootsuki's system is imperfect.She pretty much believes that top class chefs in Japan can only be produced by Tootsuki.To admit that someone can excel outside of Tootsuki's education system seems to be too much for her.This is why she straight up intimidated people into not taking the exam at her,as well as calling them garbage.

2.The supposed slight she felt from the MC.Soma didn't really make any smartass comments("apart from you don't know what I am making?") until she tried to leave without tasting his food and insulted him with comments like he "really is a chef from the base" or how he is a "second rate chef".

3.Finally,she doesn't approve of the fact that his food isn't 'upper class'.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-01, 05:42   Link #4352
Sarun

On a different track,

I think if Takumi is gonna beat Soma to get his knife back, the defeat should have actual consequences to Soma rather than a friendly contest IMO.
Old 2015-02-01, 05:42   Link #4353
theshade1

Quote:

Except the destroying club by cutting their funding then forcing them into matches they can't win so she could get new bigger kitchens throwing away nikumi and trying to not let souma in to the tournament.
U mean Chan RS? She didn't do anything unfair. What she did was well within the rules. They were going to lose their club anyway, the shokugeki was their chance to keep it. U can't say it's unfair cuz they were both under the same rules and she's just better. In sports, is it unfair if the better team destroys the worse one.

About Nikumi, I guess that's tru. But nikumi herself doesn't seem to feel strongly about it now. But yh, that wasn't a cool thing to do to friends/underlings.

Quote:
The MC wasn't the only person she messed around with.She went around and humiliated people by pouring food over their heads.She intimidated people into forfeiting the entrance exam.Screwed with the MC.Screwed with the club.Screwed with Nikumi.It's pretty clear that a lot of people in the school are victims of her god awful attitude.

As for why she failed the MC,several reasons:

1.She never PLANNED to pass anyone to begin with.Her monologue in chapter 4 pretty much sums up her thoughts.To admit someone outside of Tootsuki's Middle School indicates that Tootsuki's system is imperfect.She pretty much believes that top class chefs in Japan can only be produced by Tootsuki.To admit that someone can excel outside of Tootsuki's education system seems to be too much for her.This is why she straight up intimidated people into not taking the exam at her,as well as calling them garbage.

2.The supposed slight she felt from the MC.Soma didn't really make any smartass comments("apart from you don't know what I am making?") until she tried to leave without tasting his food and insulted him with comments like he "really is a chef from the base" or how he is a "second rate chef".

3.Finally,she doesn't approve of the fact that his food isn't 'upper class'.
It's technically the student's fault for getting intimidated. They obv weren't mentally prepared enough and confident enough.

The thing about Tootsuki is based on past experiences. So yh, Souma was pretty much an anomaly.

Well Tootsuki has standards of fine dining and cuisine, and initially Souma's dish looked pedestrian. Of course that was on purpose cuz there was a second step, but yh, like many others in this thread I also believe she would've passed him if he didn't make that insult at the end, cuz before that they were going back and forth and insulting each other and that comment at the end was unnecessary cuz Souma'd already "won", so to speak.
Old 2015-02-01, 05:44   Link #4354
DemiDomo
Rest in peace Monty.

Quote:
On a different track,

I think if Takumi is gonna beat Soma to get his knife back, the defeat should have actual consequences to Soma rather than a friendly contest IMO.
i agree with this but this is a match concerning takumi's pride rather than the knife or soma having real consequences in this match.

i feel this is more of build up for their next match, where he claims "this time i will win and get my knife back!" during an actual competition.
Old 2015-02-01, 05:44   Link #4355
Starway

Quote:
ah sorry star, i was in battle mode, took everything as offense. no grains of salt was taken. Also, i believe he could've. but you know what story plot!

if alice is erina cousin? yes she is my favorite as well. quite a cute comical character.
No problem quite frankly if she was nicer during the event and he was still being rude then as long as she said something like look your cooking good but your way to rude this is a school the the elite and professional so sorry you fail,but what she did was scare the chefs away then showed than she didn't even what to do the test then was very rude to him insulted his cooking refused to eat his food until he goaded her into doing it then failed him in spite of the fact she like his cooking.

Quote:
U mean Chan RS? She didn't do anything unfair. What she did was well within the rules. They were going to lose their club anyway, the shokugeki was their chance to keep it. U can't say it's unfair cuz they were both under the same rules and she's just better. In sports, is it unfair if the better team destroys the worse one.

About Nikumi, I guess that's tru. But nikumi herself doesn't seem to feel strongly about it now. But yh, that wasn't a cool thing to do to friends/underlings.
Um did you even read chapter 9 and 10 the only reason they were going to lose their clubs was cuz she forcibly gets approval to cut there funding then forcing several conditions on the club so they have no choice but to fight in a battle they can't win then she destroys their buildings so she can get more bigger kitchen not to mention the first club we saw her destroy has been their since the academy founding and she just goes and destroy it with a smile on her so she can get a kitchen.

Last edited by Starway; 2015-02-01 at 05:58.
Starway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-01, 05:47   Link #4356
itisjustme

Quote:
On a different track,

If he's going to lose I want him to lose decisively, not dish was just as good but speciality yada yada or losing against two star chefs he has no business winning against.

The way it's going now SnS is turning into cooking Nanoha where battles are just a befriending excuse.
itisjustme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-01, 05:51   Link #4357
theshade1

Would Takumi still be considered a proper rival, now that the other 2 have shown up- Ryo and Hayama?
Old 2015-02-01, 05:56   Link #4358
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Would Takumi still be considered a proper rival, now that the other 2 have shown up- Ryo and Hayama?
Friendly rivalry? Yes. But for the serious stuffs? No. Takumi will need a lot of trainings to catch up to Souma if he want his blade back. Even then I think Souma will just held back and let Takumi win.
Old 2015-02-01, 05:59   Link #4359
Sarun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Friendly rivalry? Yes. But for the serious stuffs? No. Takumi will need a lot of trainings to catch up to Souma if he want his blade back. Even then I think Souma will just held back and let Takumi win.
That's why I said their contest (in which Takumi wants to get back his knife) should have real consequences for Soma rather than Soma acting cute (though I believe it is almost out of character with Soma to not go hard) with Takumi.
Old 2015-02-01, 05:59   Link #4360
DemiDomo
Rest in peace Monty.

Quote:
No problem quite frankly if she was nicer during the event and he was still being rude then as long as she said something like look your cooking good but your way to rude this is a school the the elite and professional so sorry you fail,but what she did was scare the chefs away then showed than she didn't even what to do the test then was very rude to him insulted his cooking refused to eat his food until he goaded her into doing it then failed him in spite of the fact she like his cooking.
yes, she intimidated away the students. souma was warned by the students of her behavior but still took up the challenge. but u gotta admit the student themselves were the ones to run away from fear first. actually souma was the first one to throw a punch against erina -.-

But seriously, where are people getting the idea erina never intended to pass anyone in to the school. i keep reading chapter 1-4 but it just the students not living up to her standards and fearing their future crumbling.

anyway i guess u can tell me in pm or something because i don't wanna keep derailing the thread and disappointed sarun senpai.

Tags
cooking, echii, food porn, foodgasm, licensed, school, shounen