AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2011-10-30, 21:47   Link #121
HasuMasu
*Artist

There's not a lot of hope to see Sasuke getting his ass kicked anymore though, well, it was fun while it lasted...
Old 2011-10-30, 23:03   Link #122
uchihacrimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
There's not a lot of hope to see Sasuke getting his ass kicked anymore though, well, it was fun while it lasted...
Sadly, I agree, it's only the start of his power boost. What a hax.
uchihacrimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-31, 09:50   Link #123
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Why wouldn't be?
Now one thing is certain, Sasuke will fail, which means he will be beaten. Naruto said they will both die, that obviously can't happen, so they'll both live. But since Naruto will win and Sasuke now wants to kill Naruto and all his friends, that can mean only one thing, Sasuke will be trashed by the story, not necessarily by Naruto alone, it is likely Naruto will get help since he has real friends who are willing to risk their life for him, while Sasuke has only fake friends, who will abandon him if they think it's a great risk to save him. But Sasuke will not only fail in battle but also in life, since he will sooner or later realize that his new friend Tobi not only lied to him but is also willing to give him to the mad scientist Kabuto for experimenting on him.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-31, 10:43   Link #124
mrShady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Why wouldn't be?
Now one thing is certain, Sasuke will fail, which means he will be beaten. Naruto said they will both die, that obviously can't happen, so they'll both live. But since Naruto will win and Sasuke now wants to kill Naruto and all his friends, that can mean only one thing, Sasuke will be trashed by the story, not necessarily by Naruto alone, it is likely Naruto will get help since he has real friends who are willing to risk their life for him, while Sasuke has only fake friends, who will abandon him if they think it's a great risk to save him. But Sasuke will not only fail in battle but also in life, since he will sooner or later realize that his new friend Tobi not only lied to him but is also willing to give him to the mad scientist Kabuto for experimenting on him.
I don't think Sasuke considers Tobi his friend. He's probably using him to get what he wants (power) and expects to be backstabbed any time.
It's also not certain Tobi is going to give up Sasuke just because Kabuto wants to, however he did say after the war which infers that Tobi wants to use Sasuke in the current war. He'll probably drop him like a rock when he has what he wants.

But yeah one way or the other Sasuke will be defeated because this anime/manga can't/won't end in a bad way, there's no discussing that fact.
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-31, 14:34   Link #125
Lendial

sasukes motivations got really convoluted after killing itachi. before he was avenging his family and clan now hes just out to kill leaf elders just because there isnt anything else to aim for.
Old 2011-10-31, 15:22   Link #126
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post
I don't think Sasuke considers Tobi his friend. He's probably using him to get what he wants (power) and expects to be backstabbed any time.
It's also not certain Tobi is going to give up Sasuke just because Kabuto wants to, however he did say after the war which infers that Tobi wants to use Sasuke in the current war. He'll probably drop him like a rock when he has what he wants.
What i meant was that if Naruto and Sasuke are about the same power, then the difference will be made by Naruto having friends and allies who are ready to die for him, while on the other hand Sasuke doesn't have any real friends who would risk their life for him. Here my assumption is that Itachi's words about how to become hokage will be a central theme. It has been made clear that Naruto is not as smart as Itachi or Kabuto or Tobi, therefore he needs help, and he will get it from many people, even random not yet known people like the rubber guy was who saved the Naruto clone at least twice and gave him important information. This is also good for side characters, they can be in the spotlight one after the other as Naruto advances. But no matter how it happens, for Sasuke to join the good guys again, there will have to be a long journey, so that it's beliveable, i really hope Kishimoto will not rush this conversion. A good example how to do it in the proper way (in my opinion of course) is the conversion of Vegita, it was a very long journey for him to the times when he was willing to sacrifice his life (against that Buu monster). Sure in case of Sasuke it doesn't have to be that long, since he was a good guy a few years ago. But how that happens is in my opinion one of the most interesting parts in this story, most of the other parts of the story is just the usual "the good guy beats the bad guys while leveling up", Naruto is just leveling up while new and more powerful enemies like zombie-madara appear, it's just as expected (the only thing we didn't know who it will be, but we know that the next one is always stronger than the previous).
Old 2011-10-31, 22:48   Link #127
HasuMasu
*Artist

Assuming they don't die in the end like Naruto said?
Old 2011-10-31, 23:34   Link #128
james0246

Quote:
Assuming they don't die in the end like Naruto said?
They'll die, but in their deaths a greater power will emerge: Hanabi. I've said it many times now, but Hanabi is the only hope for the future of the Narutoverse...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-31, 23:52   Link #129
HasuMasu
*Artist

Hanabi is the only hope for those who feel guilty about being attracted to Neji's girly looks.
Old 2011-11-01, 02:15   Link #130
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

We have Hinata for that.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-01, 02:24   Link #131
HasuMasu
*Artist

Hanabi looks much more like Neji.
Old 2011-11-01, 07:43   Link #132
james0246

Chapter 562 Discussion thread has been opened. Please move all relevant/Hanabi discussions to the new thread.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-01, 09:49   Link #133
mrShady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
What i meant was that if Naruto and Sasuke are about the same power, then the difference will be made by Naruto having friends and allies who are ready to die for him, while on the other hand Sasuke doesn't have any real friends who would risk their life for him. Here my assumption is that Itachi's words about how to become hokage will be a central theme. It has been made clear that Naruto is not as smart as Itachi or Kabuto or Tobi, therefore he needs help, and he will get it from many people, even random not yet known people like the rubber guy was who saved the Naruto clone at least twice and gave him important information. This is also good for side characters, they can be in the spotlight one after the other as Naruto advances. But no matter how it happens, for Sasuke to join the good guys again, there will have to be a long journey, so that it's beliveable, i really hope Kishimoto will not rush this conversion. A good example how to do it in the proper way (in my opinion of course) is the conversion of Vegita, it was a very long journey for him to the times when he was willing to sacrifice his life (against that Buu monster). Sure in case of Sasuke it doesn't have to be that long, since he was a good guy a few years ago. But how that happens is in my opinion one of the most interesting parts in this story, most of the other parts of the story is just the usual "the good guy beats the bad guys while leveling up", Naruto is just leveling up while new and more powerful enemies like zombie-madara appear, it's just as expected (the only thing we didn't know who it will be, but we know that the next one is always stronger than the previous).
I'm a bit on the fence about what's going to happen to Sasuke in the end. But your right about the friends thing. Though the way you type it down makes it sound even lamer then how it'll happen:P.
Old 2011-11-01, 11:09   Link #134
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post
I'm a bit on the fence about what's going to happen to Sasuke in the end. But your right about the friends thing. Though the way you type it down makes it sound even lamer then how it'll happen:P.
Of course it's lame, if i were to type down the plot of Romeo and Juliet from Shakespeare it would sound terribly lame
It all depends on the artist, the same thing might look very cool, or it will look lame, i bet Kishimoto will do a good job here.
Old 2011-11-01, 11:21   Link #135
mrShady

Hmmm he might. Depends on the outside influence. We'll see.
Old 2011-11-01, 17:20   Link #136
dondog

this is about tobi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvlFhUNE_2E
this is true about tobi
dondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-01, 17:28   Link #137
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dondog View Post
Pretty sure that belongs in the 'Who is Tobi' thread. That said, ehh. It could be, I guess. Part of me is still raging over Tobi not being the real Madara, too, though.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion