Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-10-05, 16:26   Link #2181
OmegaZEROCustom
The Alpha and the Omega

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak
Wouldn't be long now, I am going to depend on Hobby Link Japan to provide me with the most up-to-date package contents info

Although, as common with most Japanese practices, special edition 'accessories' are usually quite lackluster, so don't keep your hopes up

- Tak (I mean, the last I. Justice gave me nothing more than a stand...)

My guess? Transparant blue plastic pieces like the 1/144 has for the DRAGOON's to have a launch effect.
OmegaZEROCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-05, 16:50   Link #2182
DarkWarrior
Anaheim Electronics

Some people are saying that it could be the retconned Wings of Light on Strike Freedom. But I think 20 bucks is too expensive for several pieces of transparent plastic. I'm guessing something bigger.

And I really hope Bandai does something about the gold parts on Strike Freedom. Gold plating for example.. that could explain the high price. Anything but the fugly gold colored plastic they used on the previous Strike Freedom kits.
DarkWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-05, 16:59   Link #2183
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWarrior
Some people are saying that it could be the retconned Wings of Light on Strike Freedom. But I think 20 bucks is too expensive for several pieces of transparent plastic. I'm guessing something bigger.
Yeah, you tell that to the bastards at (BANDAI) Namco, who had me by the balls and forced me into a situation where I must purchase the collector's edition (willingly) of XENOSAGA II. For almost $250, I was under the impression that I had invested in something of unparalleled awesomeness (such as the first collector's edition), except what I received was the ugliest piece of made-in-Third World crap I have ever seen in my whole entire fragile life!~ What were they trying to do? Give me a heart attack!? I can't believe what they had done to KOS-MOS, ugh, the horror, THE HORROR. It was only then, did I truely comprehend the term: "hopelessness".

Before I get off on yet another tirade about the lack of KOS-MOS lovin', lets try to stay on topic by checking out this nifty DESTINY GUNDAM scratchbuilt... http://kirahoby.j-mx.com/x42s/gallery-2.html

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2006-10-05 at 17:54.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-05, 18:37   Link #2184
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Maybe for the limited edition is th elighting effects for the MG Strike Freedom like 1/60 ver? damn i think too hard already
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-05, 18:45   Link #2185
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

duotiga, just what IN THE NAME OF GODDESS are you trying to imply! I am horrified! Did you know, the 1/60 LIGHTING edition is amongst one of my most HATED Gundam kit productions? I cannot believe you even raised the subject matter to incite my sensitive ears... ugh, now I won't be able to sleep tonight, knowing that a nightmare looms...

- Tak (Lacus, Lacus über alles, über alles in der sterne, Wenn es stets zu Lied und Liben, Schwesterlich zusammenhält)

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-05, 19:51   Link #2186
sx3
0 Gundam

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWarrior
The HG Stargazer looks horrible. The proportions look off to me, and the added rings look tacky.

And I'm curious as to what the special option will be for Strike Freedom. For the extra 20 bucks, it better be something good.
ill agree the HG stargazer doesnt look as good as it should, i wish it were a HG or something =( oh well its still a sexy gundam tho lol
sx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-05, 20:37   Link #2187
Clem_Master_Janitor
Crazed Janitor with Mop

Question Looking for help getting some models into production...

I believe this is the most appropriate area to post this request for help.

I'm a Universal Century HG model lover and more of a fan of the kits than the show (which to me seems odd). I'm trying to find people interested in getting some conversion kits for the 1/144 HG GM, the 1/144 HG Gyan, and the 1/144 HG Gundam back into production. According to the site, they need at least ten orders before production with begin with a 4-5 month wait before the product will be shipped. You will need to find the base kits (GM, Gundam, & Gyan) first from some other site so you can convert them, but I'd look into buying those after confirmation that the conversion kits are being produced. Of course, if no one's interested, I'd love some information on whether these kits are worth the time and effort from this site or not. Never hurts to be too informed.

Kits I'm interested in getting produced:

The 1/144 GM II http://www.hobbyfan.com/product_info...a3328446499e05

The 1/144 GM III http://www.hobbyfan.com/product_info...a3328446499e05

The 1/144 GM Sniper II http://www.hobbyfan.com/product_info...a3328446499e05

The 1/144 GM Cannon http://www.hobbyfan.com/product_info...a3328446499e05

The 1/144 Giren's Ambition Gyan http://www.hobbyfan.com/product_info...a3328446499e05

And a 1/144 Perfect Gundam http://www.hobbyfan.com/product_info...Conversion+set

That's all I know.
Thanks for your time and any help!
Clem_Master_Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-05, 20:55   Link #2188
Akyra

Damn, really tempted to buy the MG SF now. The 1/100 SF just looks weird. Only plus was the "special parts" and that stand for it.
Akyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-05, 21:02   Link #2189
McChar

are these bandai or garage kits?
McChar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-05, 21:45   Link #2190
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Send a message via MSN to M_Flores
What are the chances of the 'special parts' actually being additional stands to mount the dragoons in action? lol... I wouldn't mind that actually. Plus the wings of light plastic parts to go along with it would be nice too.
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-05, 22:11   Link #2191
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
Those are (most likely) garage conversion kits.
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-05, 22:22   Link #2192
MrNotalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga
RGM-79FP Gm Striker

I think they kinda mess up the naming.

This is a NEMO, yes it's GM class but it's a freaken NEMO. They should name this NEMO Striker or something.
MrNotalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 00:00   Link #2193
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
It's only green.
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 05:28   Link #2194
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

I'm a bit dissapointed. The GM Striker doesn't look as cool as I thought it would.

(Sheepishly goes off to pay off the bet he had with other Gundam fans)
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 06:37   Link #2195
Traks

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga
MG Strike Freedom is set to come out in December. It will be priced at 4800 yen.

Bandai will be releasing 2 version for the first batch. The Special Option Ver. will contain an original booklet, special option, and the MG kit. It will be priced at 7000 yen.

Frm Gunota
Looking at the bottom of the picture of the MG Strike Freedom, the SOVer. will have the original MG Freedom kit and option parts and decals to make the MG SF...... Looks like I'll have to wait for the second wave of kits...
Traks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 06:43   Link #2196
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traks
Looking at the bottom of the picture of the MG Strike Freedom, the SOVer. will have the original MG Freedom kit and option parts and decals to make the MG SF...... Looks like I'll have to wait for the second wave of kits...
The Freedom on the cover of the Limited Edition is just a implication of how the packaging will look like. It you bother to read the fine prints right at the bottom, they clearly state that the real thing will look quite different.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 06:54   Link #2197
Traks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2
The Freedom on the cover of the Limited Edition is just a implication of how the packaging will look like. It you bother to read the fine prints right at the bottom, they clearly state that the real thing will look quite different.
Thanks for the info Makube, With myself, not being able to read Japanese, I only had the picture to rely on. Now with that being said, I wonder what the option parts may be. For over, 7000y those parts better be gold plated

(**offtopic**.....BTW..... MakubeX2 wasn't it you who had the avy from Shaolin Soccer? That scene was hilarious)
Traks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 10:02   Link #2198
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

I just bought Crossbone Gundam Ver. Ka and there's some Ver Ka. kits below the box. Except Wing Gundam, all of the Ver. Kas don't look much different from the normal version. Anyone call tell me what's the differences?
LightningZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 10:16   Link #2199
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
http://www.geocities.jp/niken514/pramo/xbon2/pra.htm

MG Crossbone X1 in X2 colour scheme
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 10:16   Link #2200
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Those pictures are too small to Katoki's redesigns any justice.

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/katoki/index.htm

These are most, if not all of the redesigns, he did.
dodgethis_sg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy