AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-12, 07:21   Link #201
Galateasrbb

It means the yoma appears.Play it as following steps.
1.go to the farmer's home and talk with him.He want you to help him to get a bottle of wine.

2.Go to the drunkard'home and get the wine from the table.Go back and give it to the farmer.He will tell you
there're some secret entrance in the villagers house.

3.Go to the girl's house which is on the ringt of the farmer's house and talk with her.She want you to get a
teddy bear.There's house in the north of village and the teddy bear is on the bed.Get it and give it to the girl.
She'll tell you there a secret entrence in the raki's house which is behind the piano.

4.Go to raki's house and the entrance.Clare found nothing and the yomo has been out of the village.Go to the wild place on the south of the village and talk to a girl with pink skirt.
In fact she is yoma and the girl who was playing in here had been killed.Beat the yoma and it escaped to Raki's house.

5.Go back and fight.After yoma was killed.You can control Raki.Go to the house of the village head and talk.Then go to the mine in the east of the village and find Clare.

There're some puzzle and the speeches are all Chinese.Soryy for troublling.

Fight for Galatea!

Last edited by Galateasrbb; 2008-09-12 at 07:37.
Old 2008-09-12, 08:05   Link #202
speedy3020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galateasrbb View Post
It means the yoma appears.Play it as following steps.
1.go to the farmer's home and talk with him.He want you to help him to get a bottle of wine.

2.Go to the drunkard'home and get the wine from the table.Go back and give it to the farmer.He will tell you
there're some secret entrance in the villagers house.

3.Go to the girl's house which is on the ringt of the farmer's house and talk with her.She want you to get a
teddy bear.There's house in the north of village and the teddy bear is on the bed.Get it and give it to the girl.
She'll tell you there a secret entrence in the raki's house which is behind the piano.

4.Go to raki's house and the entrance.Clare found nothing and the yomo has been out of the village.Go to the wild place on the south of the village and talk to a girl with pink skirt.
In fact she is yoma and the girl who was playing in here had been killed.Beat the yoma and it escaped to Raki's house.

5.Go back and fight.After yoma was killed.You can control Raki.Go to the house of the village head and talk.Then go to the mine in the east of the village and find Clare.

There're some puzzle and the speeches are all Chinese.Soryy for troublling.
That helped a lot thanks. Able to continue on and im having a blast.

I've finished Claymore 2, which was a hoot.
A bit more dialogue and story heavy than the first game, so I didn't have as much fun with it as I am currently with the first (but that's my fault for not picking up a second language )

Everything from the character sprites, fighting sequences and scripts were very well done.
Nice work!!
Old 2008-09-12, 09:22   Link #203
Galateasrbb

Thanks for supporting!I'll improve the game in new version.

Fight for Galatea!
Old 2008-09-12, 10:01   Link #204
speedy3020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galateasrbb View Post
Thanks for supporting!I'll improve the game in new version.
The only minor issues I had whilst playing were the large maze like structure of getting from point A to B in an area. Specifically the area to the south of the first town and the first cave area you go through as Raki.
(though I think how you illustrated the bridge in that area was ingenious )

Also are you able to use Yoma's for the Yoma battles? Or are the wraiths/water creatures etc just placeholders?

Best of luck with the new version, look forward to it.
Old 2008-09-12, 10:43   Link #205
Galateasrbb

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy3020 View Post
The only minor issues I had whilst playing were the large maze like structure of getting from point A to B in an area. Specifically the area to the south of the first town and the first cave area you go through as Raki.
(though I think how you illustrated the bridge in that area was ingenious )

Also are you able to use Yoma's for the Yoma battles? Or are the wraiths/water creatures etc just placeholders?

Best of luck with the new version, look forward to it.
I'll think over your suggestion.Thanks again.

Fight for Galatea!
Old 2008-09-14, 10:32   Link #206
Number3Galatea
Claymore Addicted

What is up with you Ichigobankai? I need some news about the state of work with your RPG.
Plz don't tell me you gave up on it... I would be really disappointed...
Old 2008-09-19, 09:31   Link #207
Inga

Claymore Game

Hello everyone. I'm going to try to break this post into sections to make it easier to read.

Reason For My Post

At present I'm currently considering creating a RPG style game based around the Claymore theme. I'm not planning on using any RPG maker. I'm basically writing the entire game from scratch with the intention of using DirectX9.

The reason I'm planning on doing this is because I'm currently taking a game development course at my college, and our task is to write an interactive game of some sort by the end of the semester. The course extends to 3 other game programming/development courses that expand upon what the students have done in this course.

So ultimately, the goal of the program is to help students create a working game by the end of a two semester period (September to April).

Why Am I Choosing Claymore?

Well this should be pretty obvious. I've been a fan of Claymore ever since the first episode of the anime was subbed and released. Ever since then I've watched the entire series and have read each manga chapter the second the english version was released. I've also lurked in the animesuki forums frequently but I never created an account to post on.

Why are you posting this here?

A few reasons.

1. To let people know that I'm considering creating a Claymore based game.

2. To allow anyone with skills that I don't possess (which I'll list later) help with creating the game.

3. Eventually I may make the game an Open Source project once I complete my courses. I can't do that initially because all coding has to be done by myself for me to receive a passing grade. Once my courses are over, this restriction is removed.

4. There's a large Claymore fanbase here.

You mentioned you need help. With what?

To put things simply, I'm an amateur game programmer. This is my first game programming project ever. I've never written a full fledged game in my life. I've written internal web applications to install networking services on client machines for a company, but never anything as complex as creating a game.

Fortunately, during my time over the summer I taught myself how to create 3d environments, import 3d models and make them move across the screen. I also learned various techniques to game programming that are out of the scope of my current course, so I'm pretty confident that I can make this thing work.

With that said and out of the way, what I need help with are areas outside of programming. Here's a list of what I will probably need:

1. Artwork / 3d modeling - Yeah... I can't do any graphics. Whether it's a simple sprite, 3d model, or background, I either can't do it or just plan suck at it.

2. Music - I've never looked at creating music. Even if I knew how to use a music program I'd suck and making music. I know this for a fact.

3. Sounds - I can probably rip sounds from somewhere, but having someone that can create them would be nice. Not exactly necessary but would be an asset.

4. Story line - I have a story line in mind but it would be nice to have input. Two heads are better than one.

5. Testers - I like people that can break my code. If you can break my code (ie: Make the game crash or cause functionality that isn't intended) then I'd greatly appreciate the help in this area. I like to squash unintended bugs before they begin.

So you're definitely making a Claymore game?

Nah, not definitely. It all depends on how much help I receive. My biggest concern at this point in time is artwork. If I don't have any artwork, I can't make the game. I'll have to stick to something simpler for my project. I'm basically going out of bounds of the course simply because I have a drive to learn. I figured I'd learn best if I created a game around something I liked.

It also depends how interested people are about my project. I don't really want to code something that no one's going to enjoy. If there's a large interest, I might create a website, forums, and start up an IRC channel.

So you're just starting this from scratch?

Yes and no. I've been writing an RPG stylish game over the summer. At the time, I just didn't know what the theme would revolve around. I've got quite a few basics written (such as characters, hostile NPCs, a little bit of combat NPC AI, inventory, equipment, etc) as well as an extremely basic Direct3D environment.

Essentially at this point the game is unplayable. I can run parts of code to make NPCs attack player characters in a combat scene, but not much aside from that.

Why a RPG?

Let's be realistic here. This is my first game. I compared different game styles, and from what I see a RPG game is the easiest to write.

I might be ambitious, but I still take baby steps. I might write an action game later.

What platform are you writing for?

Windows initially. Doubt I'll expand to consoles. Then again who knows. I'll probably add in functionality for controllers/joysticks within a Windows environment though.

Final Notes

If you can't contribute in the art/music department, but know someone that might be interested please direct them to this thread. Any help I receive is greatly appreciated, and all contributors will receive full credit for their work, no matter how big or small it might be.

As far as the story line for this game goes, I'm planning on writing something out of "context" of the current story line. Basically, I don't really plan on writing a story based around Teresa simply because we all know how that ends up anyways. The story line I have planned runs along the lines of the war going on in the main continent before the Organization was even formed. Despite Isley being the "first generation" of Claymores created by the Org, I'm going to design it around the very first experiments that occurred on the main land.

To be blunt, the story line is not going to be something created by Yagi, and might even be shown as completely wrong if he does write about anything related to the "pre-Organization" events. I have a few ideas for the story (a general direction) but nothing concrete. I'd be up for any interesting ideas anyone might have.

Contacting Me

You can either leave a message here, PM me, or e-mail me at slunel@gmail.com .

I look forward to reading your responses and I hope there's a strong interest in my project. Hope to hear from you all soon
Old 2008-09-20, 02:39   Link #208
zato_1one

I appreciate your effort and hope that you will success creating your game. But sadly I think that I can't help you much. This place is indeed has large Claymore fan base. But it's still just an anime/manga community so I don't think there are many 3D modelers in here. But this place has many great artists. If you choose 2D then I think there are many people who can draw 2D sprite for you (in case that they want to work with you).

I think that I've seen someone post the link to Japanese site which has 3D model from Claymore in image thread. I can't remember URL but the site is all Japanese and I don't know if the author will allow people to use his/her work.

You said that you want to use time line before the org is formed. In this case, I think that you can just use model pack for medieval time. I've seen many of them in internet. You can search them from either torrent or game programming sites. (torrent is easier, IMO) But I want to suggest that you should use same time line as in manga (when the org has already operated). Or create your own fanfic but uses some characters in manga.

Why? It's simple because it can't be called Claymore if it doesn't have girl with big sword. And I'm sure that 3D modelers, who are Claymore fan, are willing to create 3D model for Teresa, Clare, Miria, Galatea, Riful, Irene etc. rather than some random guys who they don't know. I think that even if you create your game by using manga plot. People still want to try and play your game. Because even if we've already known what will happen, it's still a lot of fun to play as or talk with your favorite character. IMO
Old 2008-09-20, 04:18   Link #209
Yosei
Death by writing

What Zato said, not many of us are artists or graphic designers... I am personally a frequent fanfic writer, and I would be happy to collaborate with you on the stories. My talent for drawing and character models does little beyond stick figures, but if you would like someone to offer tweaks and ideas (if needed) on your current story, I'm up for it.

A couple of months ago I wrote a fanfic which saw the Claymores fighting the leaders who commissioned the experimentation of Yomas and Awakened Beings. The "final boss" sort of character was a formidable man who was behind not just the Organization, but the leader in the war against the Descendants of the Dragons. So it was a basic "conspiracy" template that I used, unfortunately, I doubt there would have been as much interest had it not involved our beloved Claymores. So that's something to keep in mind.

Buddhism and spirituality: Buddhist Door

Fanfiction: Transformers 00
Galaxy Fantasy
Old 2008-09-20, 09:13   Link #210
Inga

Thanks for the responses.

Using 2D sprites is something that has crossed my mind. I was just throwing out the whole 3D thing to see if anyone would bite. Starting off with 2D won't prevent me from upgrading to 3D later. In fact, it's quite plausible to use 2D sprites in a 3D environment.

At this point in time I'm currently completing the manager interfaces for the game. What that means is, I'm writing methods for how in game objects interact with the screen. So I suppose at this point I'm going to write it in such a way that both 2D sprites and 3D models can be used for the same "object" (ie: Character).

Also, I agree with your comments on the story line. I just wanted to avoid creating another game that follows the same story that the other fan made games are based off of. I'm up for any good ideas people want to come up with. I came to these forums because of the strong fan base. The hardest part for me at the moment is deciding what direction I want to take.

At some point I might attempt to write a scripting language (although that's waaaay down the road). A scripting language will do basically something like what RPG Maker does.
Old 2008-09-20, 17:28   Link #211
notactuallytom

Whenever I visit the page, after like 2 seconds some random thing pops up in chinese and it closes the window. Is it possible to dl this for mac?
Old 2008-09-21, 05:40   Link #212
Galateasrbb

All games made by RPGMaker are only Windows compatible.

Fight for Galatea!
Old 2008-09-21, 08:28   Link #213
Jonova
JoJo

Hello Inga:

I am a Computer Engineer/Programmer myself, and I am very happy to see a fellow game developer joins the community, welcome =).

I know from myself that we programming people likes to start everything from scratch for the sake of learning, we like to do things the hard way otherwise it is not fun. However, what I have learned from my recent experience proves otherwise.

One of the core idea of extremeprogramming(which is getting increasingly popular within the industy as we speak) is "do thing the easy way": if you can use existing code that has been proven to work, then use it. It will give you more time to work on the more important part of your project, and in the end give you a product with better quality. You did mention your course requires you to do all the coding, but even if you used something like a open sourced game engine, there is still a large amount of coding to be done. Also you mentioned your course is a game development course rather than a programming course, game developers are quite different from programers, if I was in a game development course I wouldn't want to spend a whole alot of time wrting the engine and debugging it.

Anyways, that's just my little 2cents. That being said, I'd love to help out on your project, probably on testing.

PS: two open-sourced game engine I have personally worked with if you ever consider this route:

The Blender game engine: Blender is an open-sourced graphic processing software(like Maya but open sourced) and it comes with an game engine. I did my final year project on this software(writing code for it), they have a very active community, alot coders/artists, very well documented API, very easy to get help.

GameStudio and its A7 engine: This is what I am currently using to make my own little Claymore action game, it is quite easy to use, very powerful engine, only problem is it is not open-sourced so you might have a problem with your course.
Old 2008-09-21, 10:29   Link #214
Inga

Hey Jonova, I should probably explain the "course" better.

By course I didn't mean one class. It's broken up into several different classes and you can focus on one element. While I am doing development, one of my classes I'm taking is a pure programming class.

I already asked my prof if I could use existing code in my project. As far as using an engine is concerned, it's unacceptable.

I entirely agree with using existing code. Problem I'm having at the moment is I'm not sure how I want to design my rendering manager and game environment. I've scrapped parts of my code at least 10 times now and have been reworking things. If I run something and it's not "fluent" I usually don't like it. Can't stand a clunky UI :P
Old 2008-09-24, 11:33   Link #215
Galateasrbb

I'd uploaded a test video of the 1st seson.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fnx3L2BcwSs

Some pics about the 2nd seson:

Fight for Galatea!
Old 2008-09-24, 16:26   Link #216
hell88
Banned

Location: Canada, but sometimes in La La-Land hanging out with Midori-chan89
Can't wait to play some more of the second season.
Old 2008-09-24, 16:43   Link #217
Jonova
JoJo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inga View Post
I entirely agree with using existing code. Problem I'm having at the moment is I'm not sure how I want to design my rendering manager and game environment. I've scrapped parts of my code at least 10 times now and have been reworking things. If I run something and it's not "fluent" I usually don't like it. Can't stand a clunky UI :P
If you have to write your own engine, my suggestion is keep it simple. If you are only using 2d sprites right now, then don't bother with 3D model support, trying to do too much thing at once will only mess your code up.

Also it might not be such a bad idea to take an look at some open-sourced engines and see how they handled whatever you are having problem with.

And yea, I agree UI are very important .
Old 2008-09-24, 17:09   Link #218
Inga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonova View Post
If you have to write your own engine, my suggestion is keep it simple. If you are only using 2d sprites right now, then don't bother with 3D model support, trying to do too much thing at once will only mess your code up.

Also it might not be such a bad idea to take an look at some open-sourced engines and see how they handled whatever you are having problem with.

And yea, I agree UI are very important .
Yep, I've only got 2d sprite support and a 3d camera at the moment. When I add 3d model support it will be encapsulated so it won't interfere with the existing code :P

Also been checking out what people have written before me, so already on top of that.

In the process of incorporating some of my Interface classes with the DirectX environment.
Old 2008-09-24, 21:39   Link #219
Jonova
JoJo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inga View Post
Yep, I've only got 2d sprite support and a 3d camera at the moment. When I add 3d model support it will be encapsulated so it won't interfere with the existing code :P

Also been checking out what people have written before me, so already on top of that.

In the process of incorporating some of my Interface classes with the DirectX environment.
DirectX is usually.... a disaster XD, but I guess sometimes there is no other way, gl lol.
Old 2008-09-25, 11:44   Link #220
Inga

Well, I could use DirectDraw but Microsoft likes to stop supporting things after a certain period of time :P
Closed Thread