AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-08-09, 23:53   Link #21
Uzumaki_kitsune
Ookamiyasha(wolf demon)

Location: in this magical land where you can do whatever you want as long as you dont care
as it goes on it huantingly starts to look like the harkonnen rifle as used by seras
Old 2004-08-12, 14:25   Link #22
Nezumi
Shinigami

It wouldnt surprise me if Hirano (creator of the Hellsing Mnaga, full name Kouta Hirano) based Seras weapon on this. I havent read the original Hellsing Manga, but im dying to get my hands on it, there arent many stores in Sweden that sells Manga and Anime ya' know, especially not old Manga and Anime. If anyone can give me a Link to an online site that may have these for sale, plz post it...
Old 2004-08-12, 16:15   Link #23
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzumaki_kitsune
i found this while sufing the net i suggest you take a look and read this link
http://www.geocities.com/pizzatest/panzerfaust6.htm
Link doesn't work...
Old 2004-08-12, 21:19   Link #24
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
Link doesn't work...
It is just a link talking and showing the WW2 German Anti-Tank Rifles (not guns). Much higher caliber than standard rifles but lower caliber than the ATGs, they are however more portable. Since WW2 tanks have lesser armor than our modern tanks, these rifles proved quite effective in certain circumstances then.

Not really much of use now against modern tanks. You can just do a search for World War 2 Anti-tank rifles and get a bunch of sites to go through.
Old 2004-08-13, 08:57   Link #25
Nezumi
Shinigami

It is quite obvious that Hirano would use WW2 and WW1 weapons and such beacuse there was a prequel manga for Hellsing called "Dawn", it apeared in the Young King Ours special were Walter and Alucard dealt whit WWII. Quite strange but i would like to read it. By then way, when was the original Hellsing Manga released for the first time in Japan, and has it been translated to English yet?
Old 2004-08-20, 10:13   Link #26
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

I'm reading pieces of the manga here and there and it seems drastically different from the anime... while the anime doesn't have much of a plot, the manga's plot seems to be the-one-with-the-bigger-f**king-guns-wins-the-day... everyone in the manga seems to be totally insane, and I'd say Hirano may well be a madman himself... there's no right or wrong, no good or evil, no logic and no reason, just war, just bloodshed, just maim, kill and destroy, or something...
Old 2004-08-20, 10:26   Link #27
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

There is a plot, dreamless . Yes, it is drastically different from the anime since the anime decided to adapt the early stages of the manga and created a POS ending instead with an intention of also avoiding controvesies. The plot in Hellsing the manga can raise the heckles of certain politically sensitive elements. Heck, the vampires and fanatical religious orders already is touchy and now we have the 4th Reich in an undead form.

Besides this though there is still the subplot of Celes being a woman still unsure of whether she should fully accept her new identity.

All in all, Hellsing the manga is a good action read.
Old 2004-09-23, 09:33   Link #28
Inuzuka
now with 20% more ego!

Send a message via MSN to Inuzuka
Well,this may be a tad unrelated,but the extent of some of Hellsing's fan's devotion to the series really scares me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by some Hellsing fansite.
Fuk the Bible,Hellsing rules.
I personally haven't seen the Anime,and have only read until Volume.4 Chap.1,but i can already see why fans to this series are so fanatic about the series.
Hellsing reaks on conspiracy,and i love it.
The inclusion of the Nazi's in the series gives it really a deep feel.
(*Hellboy anyone?*)
Overall,Hellsing pwnz @$$(*Walter esp.*).Amen.
Old 2004-09-23, 11:31   Link #29
Archaic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yebyosh
It is still running in Japan in one of those monthlys (can't recall which one). Only 6 volumes have been compiled in tankoubons so far.
Should be Young King, from what I remember, but it can't have a chapter every month. I've seen a few issues of that from late last year and early this year, and none of them had a single Hellsing chapter.
Old 2004-09-23, 12:50   Link #30
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaic
Should be Young King, from what I remember, but it can't have a chapter every month. I've seen a few issues of that from late last year and early this year, and none of them had a single Hellsing chapter.
Looking at the Chinese scanlates I managed to obtain, it is from Young King Ours (usual monthly release on 30th of the month). However I think even though it is a monthly mangazine, Hellsing is like sporadically released through it.

I guess Kouta-san has a special deal going with the publisher on his manga to be able to release when he finishes a chapter (either that or his pay is constantly docked ).

Here's the link to Young King Ours website.
http://www.shonengahosha.co.jp/ours/index.html

If you go to the Back Issues, http://www.shonengahosha.co.jp/ours/bnc/index.html
You can see that Hellsing have some 'breaks' now and then...
Old 2004-10-24, 06:37   Link #31
mechazawa

Hi, everyone.
Did you find a CRUCIAL mistranslation in Hellsing manga Vol.4?
Most of you might believe there isn't any, but unfortunately, there is.

Vol.4, P189
"I love the RUSSKIE armoured divisions thrown into disorder."
"It ist a very very sad thing ven the villages they should haf protected to the death are overrun und the vomen und children are wiolated und killed."

"I love the English und American war machines being CRUSHED und ANNIHILATED."
"Their creeping about on the ground like vermin, chased by the JABO,* ist the height of humiliation."
*Note: Short for "Jagdbomber." Warplane for attacking England and America.

The correct translation would be as follows:

"I love being thrown into disorder by the RUSSKIE armoured divisions."
"It ist a very very sad thing ven the villages ve(="we") should haf protected to the death are overrun und the vomen und children are wiolated und killed."

"I love ourselves being CRUSHED und ANNIHILATED by the English und American war machines."
"Our creeping about on the ground like vermin, chased by the JABO,* ist the height of humiliation."
*Note: Short for "Jagdbomber." "fighter-bomber."

It may sound a bit weird, but that is truly what the Major has in his mind.
I don't know whether the translator made changes ?hon purpose?h or he "simply misunderstood?h the meaning of what the Major said. I'd like to know why that occurred, but I do care in either case. The fact is that the translator distorted the essence of HELLSING, even a little bit, which caused many foreign readers to misunderstand its context.

Please let me hear your opinions. Thank you.
Old 2004-10-27, 09:54   Link #32
angelica
angel of lust

umm thats off wow ...
Old 2004-10-28, 09:03   Link #33
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Somehow, although you may be right, I'm more inclined to go with Dark Horse's translation as it seems the more likely and in-character thing for him to say.
Old 2004-10-29, 08:49   Link #34
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechazawa
Hi, everyone.
Did you find a CRUCIAL mistranslation in Hellsing manga Vol.4?
Most of you might believe there isn't any, but unfortunately, there is.
Would it not be better if you had posted the original Japanese text as well, to show to and get back up from other people able to read Japanese... Just saying that you believe it is wrong without letting one plainly see the original wording is not as convincing, so as to speak.
Old 2004-10-29, 10:22   Link #35
mechazawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yebyosh
Would it not be better if you had posted the original Japanese text as well, to show to and get back up from other people able to read Japanese... Just saying that you believe it is wrong without letting one plainly see the original wording is not as convincing, so as to speak.
Oh, sorry. You're right.
Well, here is the copy of the original Japanese text.(Japanese font required)
Quote:
A ?u˜I?•‚Ì‹@?bŽt’c‚É–Å’ƒ‹ê’ƒ‚É‚³‚ê‚é‚Ì‚ª?D‚«‚¾?v
B ?u•KŽ€‚ÉŽç‚é‚Í‚¸‚¾‚Á‚½‘º?X‚ªæøçW‚³‚ê?—Žq‹Ÿ‚ª”Æ‚³‚ê ŽE‚³‚ê‚Ä‚¢‚*—l‚Í‚Æ‚Ä‚à‚Æ‚Ä‚à”ß‚µ‚¢‚à‚Ì‚¾?v

C ?u‰p•Ä‚Ì•¨—ʂɉŸ‚µ’ׂ³‚ê‚ÄŸr–Å‚³‚ê‚é‚Ì‚ª?D‚«‚¾?v
D ?u‰p•Ä?UŒ‚‹@‚É’Ç‚¢‰ñ‚³‚êŠQ’Ž‚Ì—l‚É’n‚ׂ½‚𔇂¢‰ñ‚é ‚Ì‚Í‹ü?J‚Ì‹É‚Ý‚¾?v

Note: If you want to confirm whether it's a real copy or not, go to AnimeNation(http://www.animenation.com/) - books - Import Manga, and buy "Hellsing Import Manga 4".
Look at the first ?u‚É?v(ni) in sentence A and that in sentence C.
If these ?u‚É?v(ni) were replaced by?u‚ª?v(ga), the English translation would be utterly correct. However, "ni," one of many Japanese particle, has the same use as an English preposition "by," when it is used in a sentence such as "X ni Y-sareru."(="(One is)Y-ed by X" in English)

Mmmm..., It's very hard to explain about the Japanese grammar. I'll be glad if you understand what I wrote above. If you don't, forgive my lack of words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
Somehow, although you may be right, I'm more inclined to go with Dark Horse's translation as it seems the more likely and in-character thing for him to say.
That's exactly what I feared. You are made to regard the Major as a normal, STEREOTYPICAL, BROMIDIC archenemy, who I think is not necessary at all in the world of Hellsing. I feel really sorry you don't know his true philosophy.

Last edited by mechazawa; 2004-10-29 at 11:47.
Old 2004-11-06, 20:43   Link #36
JERI

Hellsing manga is good for its slaughterfest (so far), the story still oscillates between suspensing and crumbling.

The coolest part was in vol. 3 where Alucard scared the shat out of those soldiers, prying open the elevator door with his guns and going "open sesame!"

THAT is how you make a vampire manga.
Old 2004-11-07, 14:24   Link #37
Dante
Ninja Poster

The Hellsing manga is awsome, it is the best Vampire manga in my opinion. Also, Dark Horse translated it very well.
Old 2005-12-23, 19:47   Link #38
Fafnir
I believe I can fly!

Just bought vol. 1 and 2 of Hellsing....

And it is awsome! The art is incredible, the action scenes are awsome, and I love the story! There aren't too many funny parts, but the parts that are funny are hilarious. Especially the author's comments and the little short at the end of the second volume("by a dog....").

I can't wait to get vol. 3!

The best part of all? No Bishis!(there are so many that they make me sick sometimes)
Old 2005-12-26, 17:51   Link #39
Kurapica

I know this is the thread for the manga, but any news on the anime? The other thread covering it got trashed during the crash.
Old 2006-01-24, 18:05   Link #40
El Burro

Hellsing Manga Censored?

I searched the forums first for the answer, but I came up empty handed. So I decided to ask away. Is the Hellsing manga being released in the US censored at all? I have a thing about buying censored mangas, so before I buy the manga I want to know about it.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, horror