AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2006-06-28, 07:49   Link #21
MonkeyD.Luffy
Kaizoku'O

Send a message via AIM to MonkeyD.Luffy Send a message via Yahoo to MonkeyD.Luffy
why the hell would he just turn himself in though, you ppl need to give reasons, if not it just makes Gol D. Roger just plain sad...
MonkeyD.Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-28, 10:19   Link #22
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Here's what I came up with after reading the posts here, pure speculation and theory:
Spoiler:

Rather long, but I've already shortened it actually lol
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/

Last edited by C.A.; 2006-06-28 at 22:23.
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-28, 14:47   Link #23
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Interesting theory C.A

ALthough, honestly, i think its very pointless to speculate about how Roger was captured. We still barely know very little about the man. We only get small scraps of information about him in every Arc. We saw his execution, at Drum kingdom we find out his name was Gol.D.Roger, Sky Piea we find out he has the poneglyp and can apparently read the language.

Too much about him we do not know. Knowing Oda, it'll be something we could never think of. After-all no one expected Kaku to have a Giraffe fruit did we?
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-28, 16:50   Link #24
MonkeyD.Luffy
Kaizoku'O

Send a message via AIM to MonkeyD.Luffy Send a message via Yahoo to MonkeyD.Luffy
..........i believe shanks does kill, and plunder for the fun of it.....he is a pirate after all. i mean what the hell do you think he does on his free time? he just doesn't seem that bad to us but from what we see there is a side to him that plunders and murders....fun or not if its planned its the same thing...
Old 2006-06-28, 17:14   Link #25
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyD.Luffy
..........i believe shanks does kill, and plunder for the fun of it.....he is a pirate after all. i mean what the hell do you think he does on his free time? he just doesn't seem that bad to us but from what we see there is a side to him that plunders and murders....fun or not if its planned its the same thing...
That's definitely not Shanks lol

He told Buggy that killing and stuff is not his way, he just wants to sail the seas, enjoy the freedom and adventures.

We haven't even seen him draw his sword at anyone, not the bandits, not the seaking, he doesn't even like to kill those who threatens him.

If he doesn't kill the bad guys and instead kills everything else for fun, I can't see in anyway how Luffy idolizes him so much and thinks he's a great person.

And its very clear what he does in his free time: occupy the local bar, if not set up a camp on a deserted island and party lol

Old 2006-06-28, 20:18   Link #26
MonkeyD.Luffy
Kaizoku'O

thats just what you want to believe. when i say shanks i mean his crew, i didn't say he kills everything else for fun i said he has planned raids and plunders, where killing has to have taken place. and even zoro has killed ppl, so all these crews are not innocent in the killing sense. (except ussop's but he is gay)

just because shanks hasn't shown killing ppl doesn't mean he hasn't, even luffy has killed ppl, (we assume crocodile, ex marine capt., im sure some of the marines died from his fights, and blah blah blah.)

point is every pirate crew has been implyed that they have killed some ppl and stole and all that other pirate stuff.

but it doesn't mean they are bad, its been shown that shanks, and gol d. roger weren't bad pirates just like luffy's crew. even foxy's crew wasn't THAT bad.....(that can be up for debate. lol)
Old 2006-06-28, 21:41   Link #27
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Oh lol, I thought you meant kill and plunder for fun, I thought you meant both acts lol

Old 2006-06-28, 21:59   Link #28
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyD.Luffy
thats just what you want to believe. when i say shanks i mean his crew, i didn't say he kills everything else for fun i said he has planned raids and plunders, where killing has to have taken place. and even zoro has killed ppl, so all these crews are not innocent in the killing sense. (except ussop's but he is gay)
LOL Funny but the part about killing is true though I guess.
Quote:
just because shanks hasn't shown killing ppl doesn't mean he hasn't, even luffy has killed ppl, (we assume crocodile, ex marine capt., im sure some of the marines died from his fights, and blah blah blah.)
None that can really be counted. Believe it or not Crocodile is still quite alive, enough to appear in a manga mini.

Anyway, the theory C.A. gives seems to make sense. Though I could never get up the effort to type that much.
neodrag38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-28, 22:15   Link #29
zetra
The Z

Any body know where is enel now??
zetra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-28, 22:20   Link #30
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetra
Any body know where is enel now??
Not sure why you're asking this in Gol. D Roger's thread lol but:
Spoiler:

Old 2006-06-28, 22:32   Link #31
zetra
The Z

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I don't know, is Roger still alive??
Old 2006-06-28, 22:39   Link #32
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetra
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I don't know, is Roger still alive??
He was executed infront of thousands of people, I'm sure they will all tell you he's dead lol

Old 2006-06-28, 22:40   Link #33
zetra
The Z

I forgot that!!!!!!
Old 2006-06-29, 02:20   Link #34
MonkeyD.Luffy
Kaizoku'O

hopefully enel is DEAD!!! idk why he was even kept alive......last they show is him flying to the moon, he should die in the atmosphere or lack of oxygen. lol

who knows...
Old 2006-07-03, 09:19   Link #35
airsBlue

Send a message via MSN to airsBlue
did the marine capture roger or did u just give in to them ... u are talking about the man how was able to go to raftel wher no one other than him self could niether the marines ... so if it is hard to go to raftiel then why even after roger was executed no one else got to their for 20 years !!? even whitebeard or the marine .... like they are all waiting for someone to open the road to raftiel for them.

*spoiler read after ep 50 *
also i know one other thing .. not all of roger pirate members got captured .. i think only the weak ones not the main ones ... the reason, if u remeber when luffy enter grand line he, u remeber the old man he meet he said that he watched this place for 50 years but he during that time ( a little over 20 years he joined a pirate crew ), and after that he talked like he knows roger very well. i beleive he was a member of roger pirate at that time also Doc. Koreha ...
the other member i think he was a member of roger's crew is dragon the fact that he was visiting the place where roger died and he said part of his will confirm that .. i think.

* spoilers ep 225 or highter don't know *
but i believe roger is still alive or luffy is his grandson if that so then that's will explain luffy talks with Adminaral Aoi koji. about how capturing luffy grandfather was truble some ... or something like that ( wait for K-F release which after a year i think

Last edited by airsBlue; 2006-07-03 at 09:32.
airsBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-03, 09:31   Link #36
Illuyankas
I need another drink.

Ener would only get so high before passing out from lack of oxygen. With Ener unconscious, his ship will fall and hit whatever's below him, unless he wakes up in time. It should hit ocean, but it might hit land...
Illuyankas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-03, 19:02   Link #37
SandalHat

i think he turned himself in.. I think that he figured that he accomplished everything he ever wanted.. Why not go at the top of the game..

And he probally knew some crazy secret that he went to the grave with..

I wonder if poneglpyhs have something to do with the will of D
SandalHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-03, 22:41   Link #38
Hiking_Bear

I think it had something to do with "Inherited Will" from the intro. Since Gol D Roger was the pirate King, he probably was too strong for the government to take down, so they threatened his family - the family line of D. To save them he had to turn himself in to be executed.

The will of D, is the will inherited from Gol D Roger, because he saved them. One of the D-line is destined to become the next Pirate King. Perhaps Dragon is linked to Gol D Roger in some way (a former crewmate maybe) and that is why he saved Luffy from getting his head chopped off at Roguetown. He had to make sure that the will of D survived.

Also, I think that is why Shanks and Whitebeard are meeting over the issue of Portgas D Ace tracking down Marshall D Teach. They are both part of the D family and so they're not supposed to fight each other. This seems to be known to Shanks and Whitebeard, but not to the government because the 5 elder stars don't know what the meeting is about.

** And this is a side note that I mentioned before, but "Old Roger" was a phrase that used to mean "devil" back in the actual pirating age. So, I tihnk D might stand for Devil, as in devil fruit.
Hiking_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-03, 22:45   Link #39
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Just to add, Dragon starts with D too.

Old 2006-07-05, 03:43   Link #40
airsBlue

Send a message via MSN to airsBlue
there is a point that i still don't understand, Raftel is the island at the end of the grand line and roger was the only person to confirm it existance .. when luffy entered the grand line at first and crocus explained to him about the grand line there was drawing of the grand line .. that all line will gather at and island before raftel, is that place the pirate summit which ace mentioned ??

but what i really want to know ... the orgnization that's known now as WG exist more than 800 years before roger came and they couldn't reach raftel, whitebeard which said to be the only pirate that fought equally with roger even after more than 20 years since roger dead couldn't reach raftel ... the marines and WB should have surviver or prisoner of roger men which saw what roger and how he entered raftel ?? if they are this strong why the heck they couldn't able to reach it ?

also another point they mentioned the whitebeard was the only man who fought equally with roger but i think that's was a long before roger became the pirate king which mean roger should got stronger than WB by that time ... so they probably decided to fight to see whose stronger, the marine heard that they gathered power 3 admiral, more than 10 vice admiral, a lot of fleets, and they created the shichibukai for the first time and they ambushed roger .. roger and his crew fought they probably killed 1 or two admiral, a few vice-admiral, and a few shichibukai.. but their number where great as last resort to let his nakama and friend escape ( like WB, or maybe Robin's mother, or baby luffy or to protect something ) roger surrender or played decoy to let them escape that's how he got captured ... because when he was about to get excuted they ask him if he want anything he asked if they can free his hands and promise not to flee because he is tired of runing away ..
airsBlue is offline   Reply With Quote