AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2015-04-06, 08:59   Link #241
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

It looks like the rivalry between Coulson's SHIELD and Gonzales' SHIELD might lead to the Civil War film.
Old 2015-04-06, 15:14   Link #242
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
It looks like the rivalry between Coulson's SHIELD and Gonzales' SHIELD might lead to the Civil War film.
I doubt any of the Avengers is fool enough to go against their friend Coulson
Old 2015-04-07, 22:18   Link #243
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
The episode was pretty good. I kind of wish they could hurry along Skye's character arc to the point where she accepts and willingly uses her ability. We can keep pushing this "it's a curse!" thing along sure, or we can actually have some fun with it .

I do wonder what they are going to do with the Inhumans here. Is this collection of people in various places under its own control and completely distinct from what we are getting in the Inhumans movie? Honestly I have no clue since that's a franchise I really don't know much about.

Good move calling on Deathlok. I wasn't really sure who they were going to call for backup, but that was a solid choice. I guess they couldn't call anyone more important since that'd be too expensive.

And nice move with Fitz getting the cube and getting out of there. Simmons has had her bad moments the past few weeks, but at least she still knows what side she's on.

Hard not to laugh with the "real shield" and their speeches. The best way to create a united front is to conquer the other side. Everyone just gets along after an invasion. Plus seems like this Shield is so busy fighting itself it's ignored the world in general.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
I think it will probably just reflect what's going to happen more than anything else. With the rise of people with awesome abilities the lines are going to be drawn in both film and in the show itself. People like the "real real Shield" deciding powered people are to be controlled or locked up, and the other side that will respect their free will and rely on their help.
Old 2015-04-08, 01:31   Link #244
ReddyRedWolf

I always wondered what happened to Deathlok. Figure's Coulson recruited him.
With him and Skye Coulson has two heavy hitters.

So it is a super powered arms race, one leading to Age of Ultron and Civil War.

It's pretty apparent Real SHIELD would not trust the Avengers given they don't trust SHIELD's own powered agents. They wont trust Cap, Hulk, Thor and Tony even if they were former agent or allies.

Which brings us back that while they are keeping their existence secret Coulson and the Avengers has legitimacy in the eyes of the powers that be and the public.

While they are pussy footing Coulson is taking care of business getting rid of Hydra. Which shows how useless they are.

Gonzales wants May in so they can absorb SHIELD and sponge off their legitimacy.

Yeah well Coulson can just Talbot and allies in the Army and in the government and they would be in the same position as SHIELD at the beginning of the season. But Coulson isn't a jerk like that.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-14, 21:08   Link #245
Galaxian

Good episode, though I'm sad that they are never going to explain how Fitz is going to use that hand dryer...
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-14, 22:54   Link #246
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

This was a good episode. I liked how they finally gave some insight on May and how she gained her rep....damn that was some messed up stuff. I honestly did not see the kid going all "creepy evil" coming. Though maybe insane was a more accurate statement. Poor kid got that power when she shouldn't....and didn't know how to handle it. She just lost it and turned into "kid from the Ring" level of creepy. I mean damn....that kid was creepy as heck.

Poor May....her whole life got screwed to heck because of that kid. May's a good person and a strong one, but even she can't handle shooting a kid like that. Especially one that had flashes of sanity and was just scared. But there was just nothing she could do.

I really want to know how Hunter is going to help Fitz shake off his watchers....using a hand dryer. I also can't wait for Simmons to tell May they don't have the toolbox.

I don't know what Coulson is up to honestly. I doubt the "real real Shield" is on the right track. I really doubt he's making a training camp for super people. Of course I have no idea what he is doing.

And spikey girl's power is....dream vision? Ok how the heck does prophetic dreams tie to spikes all over her body?
Old 2015-04-14, 23:11   Link #247
Wandering Soul

Good episode. The flashbacks really served to expand on May's character and show how she became who she is. That stuff with the kid was real disturbing.

Now I am curious how that hand dryer is going to be used to get those guys off of Fitz's back.
Old 2015-04-15, 08:34   Link #248
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
And spikey girl's power is....dream vision? Ok how the heck does prophetic dreams tie to spikes all over her body?
It's basically encompassing everything about her character. She was called the "flower girl" for all the flower dresses she wore, and now she's covered in thorns. She was uber loyal to the CLAIRVOYANT, and now she herself is clairvoyant.

Also, were you guys really surprised about the kid? Not how it acted, but that the person May killed was a kid? As soon as they showed a kid in the background of last week's preview I knew that'd be who May would kill.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-15, 10:31   Link #249
james0246

So Colson and Marvel are finally creating their own X-men team. They can even continue to use the same basic symbol for the team (theta can be written as an x inside a circle). Smart move marvel...

This was a nicely structured episode; Very few episodes of the series have such a strong thematic throughline.

Last edited by james0246; 2015-04-15 at 11:09.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-15, 11:54   Link #250
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
It's basically encompassing everything about her character. She was called the "flower girl" for all the flower dresses she wore, and now she's covered in thorns. She was uber loyal to the CLAIRVOYANT, and now she herself is clairvoyant.

Also, were you guys really surprised about the kid? Not how it acted, but that the person May killed was a kid? As soon as they showed a kid in the background of last week's preview I knew that'd be who May would kill.
Yeah. I didn't see the preview and wasn't thinking too deeply on what was going to happen. I was thinking more that it was a shame those two were going to split up

For whatever reason I didn't think much about the hints about the kid or how things were going to turn out with her. Though certainly made sense and could see people seeing it coming.
Old 2015-04-15, 14:12   Link #251
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
So Colson and Marvel are finally creating their own X-men team. They can even continue to use the same basic symbol for the team (theta can be written as an x inside a circle). Smart move marvel...
That is smart, but they probably would need to be careful of trademark issues, even if they can circumvent other issues. They could probably get away with putting the X on top of a SHIELD logo or replacing the eagle within the SHIELD logo with an X, though.

That said, it'll likely be based off of Fury's Secret Warriors and will probably be that spin-off that was revealed/rumored in the past week or two. Based on the crew of that series, we'd likely be getting Skye plus characters similar to Gambit, Colossus, Jean Grey, Magik, and Nightcrawler.
Old 2015-04-15, 15:21   Link #252
james0246

^I was thinking it would be the Avengers Academy, but it would be cool if it was the Secret Warriors.
Old 2015-04-29, 09:38   Link #253
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

So we're connecting with Age of Ultron at last.
Also, Simmons has really changed, not only on her way of thinking, she's actually daring enough to take her choices right down to the last consequences, and I'm not sure how that will affect the dynamic of the team once the Bakshi business gets out.
Old 2015-04-29, 12:10   Link #254
james0246

What a superb action sequence for Skye. It was a little video gamey, and a little basic (at least compared to May's fight scenes...and don't get me started on Daredevil), but it was still very nicely done. Also of great pleasure was seeing the original gang back together again. They may not have had any particular chemistry together before, but with all the changes the characters have undergone this season, there is some real interesting chemistry there now.
Old 2015-04-29, 18:25   Link #255
Jagger

Guys does this show get any better after the first few episodes? I've seen 2 so far and it's been quite boring.
Jagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-29, 19:28   Link #256
GDB

It gets better, but the first like... half season are asininely slow.
Old 2015-04-30, 00:04   Link #257
monster

The Skye scene reminds me of playing Doom and I love it. And I still have hope that Ward and Agent 33 will end up on good terms with Coulson's team.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-30, 03:34   Link #258
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
The Skye scene reminds me of playing Doom and I love it. And I still have hope that Ward and Agent 33 will end up on good terms with Coulson's team.
This. After that heartfelt scene with Ward asking Coulson to take care of Kara at the end of the episode, it would be really stupid to see him suddenly back to his evildoings next time we see him.
I do fear that Kara may be doomed, though. She's not a main character, but she's stuck with the main cast of SHIELD, which is a prime setup for a kill-off. Her only hope is if she's sent to be an out-of-country agent like Mike, or she goes to the SHIELD spin-off series with Bobbi and Hunter.
Old 2015-04-30, 09:02   Link #259
sunset
Twilight Impersonator

Poor Bakshi... I was growing fond of him.

His compliance was rewarded with a hand grenade.
sunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-30, 10:03   Link #260
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I do fear that Kara may be doomed, though. She's not a main character, but she's stuck with the main cast of SHIELD, which is a prime setup for a kill-off. Her only hope is if she's sent to be an out-of-country agent like Mike, or she goes to the SHIELD spin-off series with Bobbi and Hunter.
I would still be satisfied if she (and Ward) at least get to redeem themselves in the eyes of Coulson and his team. Aside from that, I've gotten used to the idea that sometimes these kinds of characters still end up dying anyway, even if they turned good in the end.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
marvel cinematic universe