AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 4 10.53%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 34.21%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 28.95%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 21.05%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 5.26%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-24, 09:35   Link #21
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, the popularity of CLAMP's canon is bigger than Blassreiter, and we all know that if the rest of XXXholics is going to be animated, Ohara-san would have some very amazing lines. As for VC... I don't know. Still a toss up.
Old 2009-05-24, 10:45   Link #22
DxJ
Two becomes one

Awesome

Awesome.... I didn't know Welkin had that sincereity to admit about the happiness of that girl. I thought he'd just get distracted by some bug and run to the wedding altar lol... I wonder who the glasses guy was lol, lucky dude (or dumb Welkin, but hey I'm rooting for Alicia, thanks to the game):

Looks like next week we're getting the DLC animated! Looking forward to the "lecherous pig"-slap scene . Johann is like my favourite character.
Old 2009-05-24, 10:47   Link #23
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Well, the popularity of CLAMP's canon is bigger than Blassreiter, and we all know that if the rest of XXXholics is going to be animated, Ohara-san would have some very amazing lines. As for VC... I don't know. Still a toss up.
Oh I forgot she voiced another Beatrice in Blassreiter, the Beatrice I'm referring to is Beatrice The Golden Witch from Umineko. I'm fairly confident this will be her career defining role... and a challenging role to undertake as well...
Old 2009-05-24, 11:12   Link #24
Ottocycle

While the seiyuu lovers are looking at Ohara, I think Inoue was awesome this week.

She makes the optimism shine through, and her voiced reaction to good ol' Welkin near the end of the ep is near-classic.

"Haah!!?"
Old 2009-05-24, 11:45   Link #25
ShinkuChou
The Crimson ButterFly

Send a message via Yahoo to ShinkuChou
Now this episode made me excited cause i know the battle with maxamillion and his huge invcinable mostraty tank fight is about to happen lol and that has made me so excited while playing the game that tank was soooooooo hard to beat but i amanged to do it VC is defently an awsome game and anime its a super win.
Old 2009-05-24, 12:06   Link #26
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinkuChou View Post
Now this episode made me excited cause i know the battle with maxamillion and his huge invcinable mostraty tank fight is about to happen lol and that has made me so excited while playing the game that tank was soooooooo hard to beat but i amanged to do it VC is defently an awsome game and anime its a super win.
Erm, sorry to burst your bubble though it doesn't look like it's going to happen.

Even though it was anime original, the flashbacks show us the type of strong character Welkin is, and i have to applause that coming from material not found in the game. Makes me all the more excited regarding what else we shall see from this adaptation --- starting with next episode.

& i must say, i'm loving the new piece of music used for the scene when Faldio and Welkin were getting ready for the wedding. Fitted perfectly with the scene.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2009-05-24 at 12:51.
Old 2009-05-24, 13:22   Link #27
xellos2099

I find it funny that even the demon general respect Welkin's ability then the people in his very own army. Which is just like Legend of Galactic Hero where Young is often dissed by his commander in the beginning but his enemy fear and respect his ability.
Old 2009-05-24, 14:45   Link #28
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

wow what incredible luck them 3 have to survive that fall in relatively unscathed, especially Welkin.

Alicia's face when Welkin asks about the lizard thingys is haha

and YAY! Selvaria ep next, can't wait!!!
Old 2009-05-24, 15:27   Link #29
Runty

Took me a bit to watch the raw, but it was worth it for the developments.
Spoiler for Episode 8:
In all, I thought this episode was quite good, but not epic. Lots of stuff to apply for Alicia/Welkin shipping.
Spoiler for Next episode:
Old 2009-05-24, 19:06   Link #30
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
While the seiyuu lovers are looking at Ohara, I think Inoue was awesome this week.

She makes the optimism shine through, and her voiced reaction to good ol' Welkin near the end of the ep is near-classic.

"Haah!!?"
Listening to her in Skip Beat is a joy, although her mood swings over there are much bigger than Alicia's.
Old 2009-05-24, 23:17   Link #31
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

This episode revived my interest in this show. There was a good amount of character development for Welkin and Selvaria was of course awesome. There were just some all around good moments (as well as good music) in the episode.

Next week looks promising as we'll see more Selvaria since it appears to be an Impereal focused episode from the previews.
Old 2009-05-25, 03:15   Link #32
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Listening to her in Skip Beat is a joy, although her mood swings over there are much bigger than Alicia's.
Personally, Kyoko is my favorite Inoue role. It's her first role where she finally shows what she can do as a voice actress, and wow, she can do a lot.
Old 2009-05-25, 05:17   Link #33
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, Kyoko is a character which allows for multiple voices. I'm reminded of her co-star's (Konishi Katsuyuki's) role as Komui in DGM. Another character with multiple facets. This seems to be lacking in VC so far.
Old 2009-05-25, 18:08   Link #34
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Budget conservation episode.
Old 2009-05-26, 03:13   Link #35
cloner4000

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamstar View Post
selvaria pretty much ruined my suspension of belief in this episode. I could tolerate the ancient temple, the frogs, everyone surviving the collapsing rubble etc but the whole selvaria blocking the bullet with her sword then walk off...no. Hopefully there is a reasonable explanation that can make sense of it, but i doubt it.
Really..in the game she can deflect a tank shell flying straight at her and using her lance to blow up tanks..really deflecting a bullet is nothing. Even if she's not glowing the fact is her ability is enhance as she is a valkyur.

In game and DLC..her regular form is also a lot stronger than everyone else and Alicia's Valkyria ability activate without her turning blue for her potentials.
Old 2009-05-26, 03:16   Link #36
cloner4000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Yeah looks like it'll be Johann. So my dream of seeing the DLC animated is a go.
really? that'll be very interesting to finally see his face..afterall you rarely ever see a Imperial's face
Old 2009-05-26, 03:22   Link #37
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloner4000 View Post
really? that'll be very interesting to finally see his face..afterall you rarely ever see a Imperial's face
Yeah, though i'm not surprised we don't see his face in the DLC. Yet another nice surprise the adaptation has done for we game players.
Old 2009-05-26, 20:52   Link #38
hamstar
just passing by

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloner4000 View Post
Really..in the game she can deflect a tank shell flying straight at her and using her lance to blow up tanks..really deflecting a bullet is nothing. Even if she's not glowing the fact is her ability is enhance as she is a valkyur.

In game and DLC..her regular form is also a lot stronger than everyone else and Alicia's Valkyria ability activate without her turning blue for her potentials.
okay but what is the explanation of this that makes sense of it all?

Is she some sort of alien like superman? is she perhaps equipped with some ancient technology that allows her to do this?
Old 2009-05-26, 20:54   Link #39
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamstar View Post
okay but what is the explanation of this that makes sense of it all?

Is she some sort of alien like superman? is she perhaps equipped with some ancient technology that allows her to do this?
She eats spinach...
Old 2009-05-26, 22:34   Link #40
kalbron

Blood of the Valkyrur.

You know the people of legend that easily took over an entire continent?

What seems to be their power is massive control over ragnite, so they can personally draw energy from it without needing engines or machines.

Basically think of it as being able to take a barrel of oil and then use the energy within the hydrocarbon covalent bonds to give yourself super-strength and the ability to fire flames from your hand. :P
Closed Thread