AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2017-08-10, 12:32   Link #3001
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
Question: how the fuck is Lelouch going to come back WITHOUT a body.

For example: a tyrant as hated as Mousillini in OUR world gets his corpse hung in public to be beaten and desercrated until there isn't even a corpse left.

And the sheer global volume of hatred the world feels towards Lelouch, to say nothing of how loathed he is in Tokyo....

....after Suzaku made a shish-kebab out of Lelouch? Notice the angry mob that immediately charges towards HIS corpse? The Camera was tasteful enough to cut away before we get to see poor Nunnally-chan beg for the said angry mob to STOP playing "wishbone" with her demon-king big brother....

So, without a corpse, nothing short of a "Wish Lelouch Back with the Dragonballs" miracle can give his soul a vessel.

So how IS Lelouch coming back this time?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't CC's body get crushed after fighting Jeremiah in S1.
If that is correct, then clearly the Geass-immortals can sustain considerable damage and still come back.
Old 2017-08-10, 12:51   Link #3002
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Any and all damage.

The only way for him to be perm damaged is a scar probably, from before getting a Code.
As he died so he'll probably have a scar where the sword got thrust into him.
Similar to C.C. when she gained the Code and that wound/Scar on/near her breast.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-10, 19:15   Link #3003
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Wait, Lelouch GOT his immortality?
But that would mean he no longer has his Geas, righ?

Then again, since Code Geas is first and foremost about politics and espionage anyway, unless the titular superpower/curse is given to another character, the title will be more of an artifact, much like how Dragonball isn't REALLY about said wish granting orbs anymore.
Old 2017-08-10, 19:24   Link #3004
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

I'm just saying is all.
If that were the case, to the poster that was above me Yui.

Though technically yeah Lelouch would lose the use of his Geass if he got his Code, from CC.
As we know that the Contractor who gives the Code to the person they gave their Geass would switch to a Code. But what we don't know if it's the same with Another Contractor who has not given a Geass to a user and that user takes their Code.

So people theorize with the Title of the Series that person would have Code Geass, having both the Immortality and other aspects the Code gives while also having their original Geass.

As for Dragon Ball, they still make wishes but plot and story is being told, which I'm not complaining as it gives more chances to use said Dragon Balls. Like the Super Dragon Balls that might get used again soon.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Old 2017-08-15, 22:55   Link #3005
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
I'm just saying is all.
If that were the case, to the poster that was above me Yui.

Though technically yeah Lelouch would lose the use of his Geass if he got his Code, from CC.
As we know that the Contractor who gives the Code to the person they gave their Geass would switch to a Code. But what we don't know if it's the same with Another Contractor who has not given a Geass to a user and that user takes their Code.

So people theorize with the Title of the Series that person would have Code Geass, having both the Immortality and other aspects the Code gives while also having their original Geass.

As for Dragon Ball, they still make wishes but plot and story is being told, which I'm not complaining as it gives more chances to use said Dragon Balls. Like the Super Dragon Balls that might get used again soon.
Lelouch has Charles' Code.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-17, 16:22   Link #3006
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
Lelouch has Charles' Code.
Assumed. It isn't fact as of this moment. Tho, it is the most plausible and obvious outcome regarding Lelouch's revival/survival.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-27, 13:38   Link #3007
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

A bit offstopic but

http://www.animemaru.com/netflix-thr...s-demands-met/

“We have acquired the license, hired a shitty director, and begun casting C-list actors,” the official statement read in part. “You have one month to raise $250 million dollars or Code Geass: The Rebellion Chronicles, a Netflix Original, will be available streaming on all platforms.”
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-28, 23:03   Link #3008
The 48th Ronin

Netflix is officially worse than ISIS.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-31, 05:18   Link #3009
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
A bit offstopic but

http://www.animemaru.com/netflix-thr...s-demands-met/

“We have acquired the license, hired a shitty director, and begun casting C-list actors,” the official statement read in part. “You have one month to raise $250 million dollars or Code Geass: The Rebellion Chronicles, a Netflix Original, will be available streaming on all platforms.”
Careful, I've seen people out there who are completely unaware of the fact that Anime Maru is basically the anime news version of The Onion.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-15, 10:37   Link #3010
darkdhaos

New promotional art and a new trailer were added on the movies site, the trailer seems to include some new scenes:

http://www.geass.jp/L-geass/

By the way it seems that Tamaki's new seiyū (the original seiyū of Tamaki, Tanaka Kazunari passed away the 10th of October of 2016) seems to be Nobuyuki Hiyama(Viral in Gurren Lagann, Shishio Guy in Gaogaigar, Hirano Kouta in Highschool of the Dead).

Last edited by darkdhaos; 2017-09-15 at 10:48. Reason: correcting
darkdhaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-15, 19:15   Link #3011
kipzizz
Nobody Taught Us To Quit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdhaos View Post
New promotional art and a new trailer were added on the movies site, the trailer seems to include some new scenes:

http://www.geass.jp/L-geass/

By the way it seems that Tamaki's new seiyū (the original seiyū of Tamaki, Tanaka Kazunari passed away the 10th of October of 2016) seems to be Nobuyuki Hiyama(Viral in Gurren Lagann, Shishio Guy in Gaogaigar, Hirano Kouta in Highschool of the Dead).
I'm here for the Lancelot-Guren fights, and the pizza. Serve it sunrise, serve it well.

愛するって 心から 心へと 残していくことだと 思う。
kipzizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-16, 05:27   Link #3012
ibby

I had a quick look through the first code geass movie 1 pv trailer, the new scenes I may or may not have picked up, that where skimmed through the pv trailer, was Kallen wearing a red chinese dress, and lelouch playing darts. I may be right or wrong, as I haven't re-watched this series in quite some time. It will be interesting to see, if I right or wrong, when this movie gets a physical release, so I can see if I'm right or wrong.
ibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-16, 05:34   Link #3013
konart

Yep, Kallen in chinese dress is a new one, obviously is about them stealing the truck with 'gas bomb' in the very beginning.
Old 2017-09-18, 03:38   Link #3014
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Yep, Kallen in chinese dress is a new one, obviously is about them stealing the truck with 'gas bomb' in the very beginning.
You sure? In the background you see the Chinese Gun-ru knightmare and the walls are also obviously Chinese style.
Old 2017-09-18, 12:18   Link #3015
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin View Post
You sure? In the background you see the Chinese Gun-ru knightmare and the walls are also obviously Chinese style.
Yeah, someone pointed this out on reddit to me too. Plus the two guys are not the same as in ep1 (sorry, forgot their names).

Oh well...
Old 2017-09-19, 08:36   Link #3016
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

The new PV. I dunno why but the whole PV looks like something out of Lupin

Quote:
By the way it seems that Tamaki's new seiyū (the original seiyū of Tamaki, Tanaka Kazunari passed away the 10th of October of 2016
Really sad news

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2017-09-19 at 09:32.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-19, 12:11   Link #3017
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post

The new PV.
Unless I'm missing something - this is the same PV that was posted 4 days ago.
Old 2017-09-19, 14:57   Link #3018
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

It warms my heart to see that they didn't try to "modernize" the art in any way, instead opting to keep it the same apart from just remastering it.

Secondly, I love the fact that the mecha weren't CGI. Don't get me wrong, I liked the CG mecha fights in AtE, but I'd prefer the original series and its sequel keep it traditional. A little CG here or there won't hurt, but I'm against it going fully CG.

I also look forward to all of the new scenes and I hope they aren't placed in there pointlessly to fill space, but actually serve a bit of a purpose for leading up to the sequel or at least fleshing out major developments that didn't get the focus they deserved in the original series.

Lastly, despite them revealing the release dates for the 2nd and 3rd movies as well, I'm still a bit skeptical and somewhere in the back of my mind, I'm half-expecting delays...
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-19, 16:34   Link #3019
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Man I'm just so excited for the new series. Lelouch of the Resurrection! We don't know what it all entails but damn Lelouch is coming back after he burned a lot of people! Bet he isn't looking forward to all that explainations! lol

I wonder if they're explore if Lelouch cares about peoples opinion of him, that he's like the most hated guy in existence IIRC. lol So much things and I don't know if they'll explore it. O.o

Old 2017-09-22, 10:36   Link #3020
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Unless I'm missing something - this is the same PV that was posted 4 days ago.
4 days is new and unless there was another PV put up in that time period why would anyone think it wasn't?

Tags
drama, mecha