AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-11-17, 23:43   Link #8561
GDB

So apparently, you can't truly "power level" a follower. I had a level 99 mission that I could get up to a 98% chance of victory with just two followers, so decided to power level a third since I didn't have anyone level 97-99 that I wanted to level that badly (other than one of the ones already on the mission). Threw in a level 94, and I don't think he ended up getting any experience since he was too low a level.

Damnit Blizzard, let me power level my followers!

Also, now that resources are flowing in from Lumber Mill + Trading Post, everything feels much better. Not sure when I'll feel comfortable enough with it to swap one out for the Inn to get more followers and quests, but for now at least it's doing its job nicely.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-18, 03:44   Link #8562
Mentar
Banned

This is a nasty little thing which is easily overlooked:

If the followers are sent on a mission with 3+ levels to low, they only get 10% of the experience now after the hotfix. If you send them on a mission with 1-2 levels to low, you will only get half of the experience!

What you really need to avoid is sending 2-3 of your top followers on hi-probability missions and neglecting the rest - then you end up with too many hi-level missions that most of your guys can't take, or only take with half XP. When in doubt, it's better to send people on missions of their own level, even if it means dropping to 50-something percent success rate. Because then, they will still get the full listed base XP, even if they fail. And if they don't, you'll profit twice.

I usually only max out probabilities of the really important ones (base materials, rare drops etc.) and treat the follower XP missions as "nice to haves". And the pointless low-cash missions should ALWAYS be done by followers of the exactly same level, regardless of whether or not they have matching abilities. I mean, seriously - who cares about 37,5 gold?

Last edited by Mentar; 2014-11-18 at 05:17. Reason: Level 3+ too low now awards 10% instead of 0.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-18, 09:24   Link #8563
GDB

Yeah, I thought he didn't get any experience, but he got some. Just not what I expected. It was a 4k exp mission, he needed about 500 to level, and didn't level, so my gut reaction was that he didn't gain any.

And it's not like only 2-3 of my followers are high level. I got about 6 at level 100, another 2-3 in the 98-99 range, and then a slew in the 93-97 range. Problem is, the ones in the 95-97 range are all green with crappy skills so they don't get missions they can complete often, and even if they did the ones I have at higher (and lower) levels have the same abilities and more.

Though looking at my followers, I have a distinct lack of a good Mortal Strike absorber.
Old 2014-11-18, 18:10   Link #8564
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Nice, 5 days free game time because of the issues over launch.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/11/18/72...wing-expansion
Old 2014-11-18, 20:00   Link #8565
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Yeah, I thought he didn't get any experience, but he got some. Just not what I expected. It was a 4k exp mission, he needed about 500 to level, and didn't level, so my gut reaction was that he didn't gain any.

And it's not like only 2-3 of my followers are high level. I got about 6 at level 100, another 2-3 in the 98-99 range, and then a slew in the 93-97 range. Problem is, the ones in the 95-97 range are all green with crappy skills so they don't get missions they can complete often, and even if they did the ones I have at higher (and lower) levels have the same abilities and more.

Though looking at my followers, I have a distinct lack of a good Mortal Strike absorber.
Once the inn gets to Level 2, you get to recruit people through there and to make requests for skills/traits that you want in recruits. Also certain legendary characters may offer themselves straight up in epic quality and Level 100, like Millhouse Manastorm.
Old 2014-11-18, 20:02   Link #8566
GDB

Problem is, I need the ~180 or so resources per day from Trading Post/Lumber Mill. Maybe by next Monday I'll have enough resources to switch over.

*edit*

Man, wowhead said follower missions stick around for about a week before disappearing, but I'm not finding that to be the case at all. It looks closer to 48 hours and then they're gone. I've lost out on a 615 player weapon mission, a 15k bonus exp mission, and a "random follower armor/weapon token" mission because of that. Now I'm trying to power level 1-2 followers so I can do these 615 trinket and neck missions. I know the trinket mission will likely disappear tomorrow (but not positive when), and I got until Thursday for the necklace, but still. May have to push through the trinket mission tonight to ensure I get a chance in case it'd disappear before I wake up.

*edit 2*

Got the trinket mission up to a 75% chance with a 100 and two 99s, so I'm tossing the dice and rolling with the odds being better there than still having the mission when I wake up if I don't go for it now. Hopefully it succeeds. Really need a trinket. Healing without spirit is utter shit.

Last edited by GDB; 2014-11-18 at 23:34.
Old 2014-11-19, 02:45   Link #8567
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Everyone is leveling so fast. I'm still a level 94 blood DK (boosted up from 64)...

Last edited by yezhanquan; 2014-11-19 at 02:56.
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-19, 03:11   Link #8568
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

*shrug* I got to 100 in just under a day. (Yep, I bit the bullet. Too many positive surprises to ignore) Around the same time it took me to do 85-90 in Pandaria. Mainly because I started a few days late which meant the early zones were very quiet/no PvP. Early parts of Spires of Arak were the only slow parts for me (late 97-early 99) then the rest of the zone carried me to 100. Starting Nagrand tonight in the hope gear upgrade chances from questing there might get me over the line for 610 ilvl to do heroics. When there's no blue gear for 100 at all on the AH and the cheapest epic is 80k, not worth blowing money just to get into a heroic a day sooner.

My town hall is Level 2 along with the Inn, Enchanter and Tailor buildings. Should have enough resources for level 3 Town Hall tonight.
Old 2014-11-19, 09:33   Link #8569
GDB

Suggestion: get the War Mill/Dwarven Bunker before hitting Nagrand. Doubles your upgrade chance.

*edit*

Holy crap, the tooltip was wrong on my trinket mission. It said 75%, but when I checked it just now it said 62%. Luckily I still won, but I thought something was fishy when the percentage was different depending on what order I placed my followers (same followers). That's a huge oversight on Blizzard's part.

Last edited by GDB; 2014-11-19 at 10:03.
Old 2014-11-19, 15:25   Link #8570
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I've seen people level pretty quickly. I'm plodding along at level 96 and just getting to the Spires. It might be that I like to look around a lot. Or I didn't have much rested XP going in to this. Or I was working for the four days after launch and only did stuff late at night/early in the morning the last two days, plust launch day. (The one weekend run was broken because the garrisons were offline).
Old 2014-11-19, 17:37   Link #8571
Mentar
Banned

I don't know how things are for you, but on EU-Khaz'goroth, the garrisons have turned unusable again, for the whole evening. Yesterday, we already had 2-3 hours of outage, so the problem is getting worse.

Is it the same for you?
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-19, 18:37   Link #8572
Mr Hat and Clogs

Had one or two crashes since the maint on the weekend but that's about it. Most common thing we get is the 'Character Not Found' error but that even seems to be dropping off.
Old 2014-11-19, 20:53   Link #8573
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I had one crash in the garrison not long after startup, then no problems. Though I was out of the garrison most of the night running around to the West.
Old 2014-11-19, 21:37   Link #8574
GDB

I was having crashes every 5-10 minutes this morning in my garrison, but since about noon it's been fine.
Old 2014-11-19, 22:57   Link #8575
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

So just finished the first part of the legendary chain and got my Timeless Solium Band. So far gearing seems less annoying taking out the currency, and the garrison gives so much benefits its ridiculous.
Old 2014-11-20, 01:01   Link #8576
Mr Hat and Clogs

Guess can take this with a grain of salt, but the game is back over 10 million subscribers again - up from 7 or so million at the end of MoP.

http://blizzard.gamespress.com/WORLD...RLORDS-OF-DRAE
Old 2014-11-20, 01:48   Link #8577
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Yeah it's pretty much confirmed so no grains needed But whether or not it would stay that way for the rest of the year...eh?

But it would start to slowly drop after 3 months.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-20, 02:10   Link #8578
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I can tell right now, Blizzard wants to make this as short as Cataclysm. They want to keep new content spewing out like Riot does, so my gut is telling me they will go up to Tier 17-18 before the next expansion.
Old 2014-11-20, 05:03   Link #8579
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I got to Nagrand near the end of my playing today. It is about the same of it was in Outland. The music is the same, which is nice because that was one of the things that was conforting in TBC Nagrand. The skyline isnt't as Nether-y, but its not suppose to be in the Nether. I think I overlooked what we knew as Halaa.
Old 2014-11-20, 07:35   Link #8580
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Yeah it's pretty much confirmed so no grains needed But whether or not it would stay that way for the rest of the year...eh?

But it would start to slowly drop after 3 months.
If Garrisons are done well, the crowd should stay for a bit longer. That, and first content patch.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows