AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2018-07-21, 19:11   Link #1
AnimeFan188

Shazam! (Movie)

The First Shazam! Trailer Finally Lets the DC Universe Have Some Fun:

"After Batman v Superman, Suicide Squad, and Justice League, all of which exist in
the same universe, Shazam! looks like it’s going to be a breath of fresh air for the DC
Extended Universe. Very happy, very silly fresh air.

If you’re unfamiliar with the classic superhero and/or not been following io9's
coverage, Shazam the superhero is, in fact, a young boy named Billy Batson (played
by Asher Angel), who transforms into an adult superhero (Chuck’s Zachary Levi) when
he yells “Shazam!” As the trailer shows, Billy is totally down with his new powers—and
his new age."

See:

https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-first-sh...rse-1827669578
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-21, 22:02   Link #2
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Ok that looks dope. I can't wait to see this movie.
Old 2018-07-22, 10:59   Link #3
Dark Wing

Finally a DC movie that isn't overtly dark. With this and Aquaman I like the new direction of the Worlds of DC.
Old 2018-07-22, 12:12   Link #4
foxbox360
New Age Badass

yes and no Zack Snyder involved, I know it cold but his movies are dark.
Old 2018-07-22, 15:02   Link #5
GDB

This trailer is everything I wanted from Shazam. Really looking forward to this. First and only DC movie I've felt this way about.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-22, 20:28   Link #6
Wandering Soul

That trailer was pretty fun. I don't even have that deep a knowledge of the SHAZAM mythos, but I still feel like this film will do them justice.
Old 2018-07-22, 20:49   Link #7
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
So far so good. I'm also not very informed when it comes to Shazam, but have a good feeling from the trailer. It feels about as fun as a movie about a kid who gains powers from some mystical being and gets to transform into an adult superhero.

You can kind of visualize the character journey, but the trailer doesn't give more than it needs to.
Old 2018-07-22, 22:46   Link #8
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
So far so good. I'm also not very informed when it comes to Shazam, but have a good feeling from the trailer. It feels about as fun as a movie about a kid who gains powers from some mystical being and gets to transform into an adult superhero.

You can kind of visualize the character journey, but the trailer doesn't give more than it needs to.
well basically he is a "magical superman", to put into in a very simple way, almost everything super do he can aswell,

super strengts, super speed, super endurance/stamina(he even better than super man on that cuz, his power making don't get "tired or hungry or thirst or any basic desire" while supoer can get tired if the battle start to take too long, he also have a little trick which make him even "cheat tham superman", he can use his "shazam" speak to "instan heal all his injury, when he get too much injured in a battle he can use the shazam to go back to billy it automatically heal alls his wounds them he can say again "shazam" to go back being captain marvel/shazam back in full health.

his name "shazam" is a anagram for his power each letter represent one of his powers S for wisdom of Solomon, H for strengt of Hercules, A for stamina of Atlas, Z for magic power of Zeus, A for courage of Achilles, M for speed of mercury, but it was changed later in the new 52 and while his power are still bounded to that "peoples" they get some changes like he don't have anymore the "wisdom of solomon at last not how it was in the past cuz it allowed shazam to have full knowledge of his power and become smart as peoples like batman or superman.

here his new 52 powers version:
http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/William_Batson_(Prime_Earth)
quote]Powers
Divine Empowerment: Given powers by a dying Shazam, Billy Batson was granted the magic of Shazam which allowed him to transform and make use of powerful magical abilities.[3] It was later revealed that SHAZAM's power is contracted through the powers of various deities such as Solomon, Hercules, Atlas, Zeus, Achilles and Mercury.[4]

Transformation: By saying "Shazam", Billy Batson can transform into an adult version of himself with magical powers. He can fly, generate electricity, crush cars and deflect bullets off his skin. He has no inherent control of these abilities and must learn to use them.[3]

Superhuman Strength: The Wizard said Billy would have the strength of a demigod, thus making him as strong (at the very least) to demigods like Perseus, Heracles etcetera. Billy can lift cars with ease, crush guns, and knock over superhuman enemies with little effort. He punched Superman enough to hurt him when he went to Kahndaq.[3]

Superhuman Durability: The Wizard said he has the strength of a demigod which also means his durability is at the level of demigods as he has not shown any physical weakness. Bullets have no effect on Billy, knives conventional weaponry does nothing to his physical body as well. Only the most powerful of superhumans can topple him. He withstood a punch from an enraged Superman without any noticeable pain and injury afterwards.[3]

Superhuman Speed: When he granted Billy his powers, the Wizard told him that he will be able to travel like lightning itself which means that Shazam can fly through the sky at multi-mach speeds upper limits are still unknown though.

Superhuman Reflexes: Shazam's reflexes are heightened to superhuman levels. He has even reacted to the likes of Superman in battle.[3] [5]

Magic: When the Wizard granted him his powers, Shazam became the Keeper of Magic and the Living Lightning. He can control electricity and can use various spells and enchantments. During his fight with Black Adam, Shazam enchanted his foster family, giving them not only his but their own unique powers as well seemingly without any effort. He did not become weaker after he cast the spell like he did in past incarnations of the character.[3]

Electrokinesis: Shazam has the ability to control electricity in a multitude of ways:

Electro-Blast: He can discharge a powerful blast of electricity from his body and attack foes with it.

Power Distribution: As Shazam, Batson can share a portion of his magical powers with anyone akin to family that he so chooses, giving both similar and different powers of their own based on their personalities.

Teleportation: Showcased this when rushing to a battle from S.T.A.R. Labs to Metropolis.[6]

Flight: Billy can fly with no upper known limits. He's fought villains in the sky and been knocked out of the sky by the same villains with the grace of a falling brick.[3] He could no longer fly as a result of the change of gods that grant him his power but he eventually flew again.[7]

Immortality: In his enchanted form Billy is functionally unaging.

for his original powers here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Marvel_(DC_Comics)

his immortality have a weird limitation" while on his "captain marvel"(aka shazam) form he don't age any time however if him reverts back to his "human form" any age frozen in time will come back to him like, if him stay like 100 or 200 years in shazam form if him revert back to human, his body will almost instant age up to this age "pratically "kiling him" this was one of the ways he defeated black adam because black adam come from the "ancient egipt" them in the moment shazam made black adam say shazam it aged him until he become "nothing".

he also can use a trick for "self healing" whenever he take too much damage to the point of get too much enjured he can use the "shazam word" to go back to billy batson this make any damage he take in shazam form automatically heal, then he can say again shazam and goes back to shazam form full renewed

shazam is one of the few heroes which can "beat superman", specially due to the "magic nature of his powers" which is one of the superman weakness.

Last edited by Blueknight78; 2018-07-22 at 22:59.
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-22, 23:17   Link #9
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well Billy Batson is a kid, would be weird if he didn't act like one.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-22, 23:36   Link #10
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Well Billy Batson is a kid, would be weird if he didn't act like one.
that was the problem of the new 52 cuz the "wisdom of solomon was exactly for that, it gives him total knowledge over his powers and a "mature" personality, was almost like being 2 personalities in the body and the original billy from the golden age was more calm and "pure" which was the original reason he was choose because he was a pure children (no malice) which was changed in the new 52, where he actually "failed to be the "choosen one at first time" but he was able to convince the wizard shazam which the "pure children don't exist and it make the wizard accept him as the new shazam.
Old 2018-07-23, 15:51   Link #11
alex_drian

mmm, Maybe this is one of the suits of superheroes that requires a certain update because in modern times and the environment of the movie seems a bit lame? I don't know. Whatever, who is the villain? Black Adam? Maybe I'll just see this movie for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
shazam is one of the few heroes which can "beat superman", specially due to the "magic nature of his powers" which is one of the superman weakness.
Really? I have a memory of Superman melting the brain of Shazam.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-23, 19:35   Link #12
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_drian View Post
mmm, Maybe this is one of the suits of superheroes that requires a certain update because in modern times and the environment of the movie seems a bit lame? I don't know. Whatever, who is the villain? Black Adam? Maybe I'll just see this movie for him.

There is a difference between a character having the ability to beat another and never losing against them. It'd be like saying "well Batman beat Superman once so guess it means you can't say Superman could ever beat Batman."
Old 2018-07-29, 19:43   Link #13
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_drian View Post

it happened in the "injustice" which is not "canon" and even that he was caught on surprise by superman it not was a "fair fight", superman killed him before he could had tried to fight back.

In the cannon HQs, they have if i'm not wrong 3 fights, one superman won by making him says his name(almost like in the justice league serie) one shazam won by knocking off superman and the third was a sort of "draw" because on that time mary marvel had to transform to save some peoples and it reduced his powers(in his old version when the "shazam family" transform the powers it is divided among the members making them "more weak", in the new version this don't happen anymore and all have they own power levels without weakening the other).

Superman already told in comics which shazam is on par with him, specially because of his magic powers nature".

it's like flare knight told, sometimes one can beat the other but that is the point they where on the same level of power and another important thing on his powers is which his ZEUS attribute not only give him "magic" and lightning but it also increase even more his others powers, that is why his "Hercules" strengt is on par with superman cuz he have Hercules strengt enhance by zeus power the same goes for all others powers, like he have the speed of mercury enhanced by zeus power and bla bla bla.

Last edited by Blueknight78; 2018-07-29 at 19:54.
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-31, 20:53   Link #14
sunset
Twilight Impersonator

I like the lighter feel to it, let's hope this isn't Green Lantern 2.0.
sunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-23, 23:43   Link #15
Marina2

Great day for DC.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/shazam
Old 2019-03-24, 10:33   Link #16
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
DC paid critics like Marvel did?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-24, 11:45   Link #17
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
DC paid critics like Marvel did?
Rumor says that Marvel paid Critics to give Shazam bad review but the amount was not sufficient to convince them.
Old 2019-04-05, 13:56   Link #18
GDB

Just got back from seeing it. Loved the movie. Not at the top of the superhero movie list, but I'd place it somewhere solid in the top 10.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-10, 07:34   Link #19
jdennis007

It was a lot better then I expected it to be.
Old 2021-10-17, 00:58   Link #20
AnimeFan188

Shazam: Fury of the Gods goes bigger in first footage at DC Fandome

"2019 movie Shazam was a surprise treat. And the sequel Fury of the Gods will be even
bigger as the Shazam family take on mythologically evil Helen Mirren and Lucy Liu,
according to footage revealed by the film's star Zachary Levi revealed at DC Fandome.

The video included behind-the-scenes footage of the sequel, which will premiere June 2,
2023. It was shown Saturday during the livestream of this year's DC Fandome online
event, which offered teasers, news and first-look previews of DC's forthcoming movies,
TV shows, games and cartoons."

See:

https://www.cnet.com/news/shazam-fur...at-dc-fandome/
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote