AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-08-23, 18:41   Link #901
tuckersister

It's confirmed that Umuru will not be in the anime, which suck cause she looks like a good character to use in the anime. She create because of the lack of black card in the previous booster.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-06, 09:31   Link #902
kyuudere

Tokyo mx
10/3(金)より毎週金曜 25:05~ 予定

毎日放送
10/4(土)より毎週土曜 26:28~ 予定

テレビ愛知
10/5(日)より毎週日曜 26:05~ 予定

bs11
10/6(月)より毎週月曜 24:00~ 予定

at-x
10/6(月)より毎週月曜 23:00~ 予定
10月8日(水)11:00~
10月10日(金)29:00~
kyuudere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-17, 05:23   Link #903
tuckersister

I guess only two weeks away til the season 2 starts.
Old 2014-09-22, 21:56   Link #904
OkamiNoKaze

Will this be the thread for season 2?
Old 2014-09-24, 19:52   Link #905
tuckersister

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
Will this be the thread for season 2?
Of course, by the looks of it.
Old 2014-09-29, 13:29   Link #906
Dr. Casey

Special 1 (a short, five minute animation that comes along with one of the Blu-Rays) has been subbed. It's pretty funny. Piruluk's over the top bitchiness, the jokes about Ruuko being empty, a possible nod to the Rewrite Visual Novel (one of the main sidequests of the game is to make 100 friends), the 'dramatic' ending with the closing theme to the Wixoss anime playing. Lot of good stuff here. I'd definitely recommend watching it since we're in the dead zone between the summer and fall anime seasons now.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-01, 04:43   Link #907
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
Of course, by the looks of it.
Can we just rename the thread so it'll have both "infected" and "spread" WIXOSS?
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-02, 18:19   Link #908
tuckersister

I still think Ruko is a LRIG and not the "real" one. LRIG Ruko and the "real" Ruko fused together and became the Ruko in the anime. LRIG Ruko tried to save Ruko from her destined fate.
Old 2014-10-02, 19:43   Link #909
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Special 1 (a short, five minute animation that comes along with one of the Blu-Rays) has been subbed. It's pretty funny. Piruluk's over the top bitchiness, the jokes about Ruuko being empty, a possible nod to the Rewrite Visual Novel (one of the main sidequests of the game is to make 100 friends), the 'dramatic' ending with the closing theme to the Wixoss anime playing. Lot of good stuff here. I'd definitely recommend watching it since we're in the dead zone between the summer and fall anime seasons now.
I agree. It was good. Having the black bar over everybody's eyes was pretty funny.

I also liked how they poked fun at something that I myself found very odd - Ruuko's lack of a wish for almost the entire first season. It's good that the show can laugh at it's own oddities like that. It gives me more respect for it.
Old 2014-10-03, 18:51   Link #910
tuckersister

Spread's opening definitely points that Ruko is a LRIG. A really scary one. However, I think there is more to it than that.

I still think the current Ruko is a fusion of the real Ruko and her original LRIG (which is probably black).

Her original LRIG will probably return near the later part of the season when Ruko begins see the truth. Can't wait to what she really looks like.
Old 2014-12-09, 10:14   Link #911
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
I will freely admit that I avoided watching this show for the longest time because of the Madoka comparisons, but five episodes through season one--and it took about that long to get interesting in the first place--I'm not sure how much the comparison still holds. Both are dark interpretations of a genre, but that's it. Madoka explores some of the potential flaws in a magical girl system--such as power source, giving teenagers the task of saving the world, what they're fighting--while WIXOSS simply uses card games as metaphors to develop its characters (fuck if we ever learn the mechanics). WIXOSS is also much more honest about its mood to a fault, as in you already get the sense to expect something bad to happen (thank you, Hanayo and Midoriko, for clarifying that about Tama. Because I couldn't figure out that something is strange about her).

The pacing on Yuzuki's story is a little fast but still works when it absolutely needs to, while Hitoe is essentially WIXOSS' Mami in that both are solely there to show what happens when shit hits the fan, or more shit hitting the fan in WIXOSS' case. Leading girl Ruko is p much the normal girl, though even beyond the battles it seems Tama is reflective of her somehow. And of course there's Akira, and to give WIXOSS another point in its favor, it seems to have no problem giving us someone completely petty and shallow. That strawberry blonde can peep at my desires any day.

Incidentally, with the Madoka comparisons gone after the superficial similarities, I'd say WIXOSS is the subversion of the deconstruction genre.
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-14, 13:05   Link #912
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

I wonder why people thinks card game mean it's must be for kids? like, people think animation is for kid too but anime as a whole clearly isn't.

I play the card game, many of the card in this game have very heavy ecchi illustration, a few are borderline hentai, it's definitely NOT for kid.
Old 2018-10-14, 23:03   Link #913
Mars Terra

It's clear that the plot of Selector Infected is heavily inspired by the one in Madoka☆Magica, the whole premise revolving girls who have the opportunity to have their wish granted with the main character being unsure of how to spend her own wish, yet there is something darker going on then initially meets the eye. However, it's also clear that Selector Infected is much more straightforward about it's plot, leaving little about the characters left up for interpretation. I felt that we were told everything about these characters over time, where Madoka☆Magica was more ambiguous and I could find more out about the different characters if I read more into things and that it did a lot with it's small cast of characters within just a few hours. I'm not trying to say that WIXOSS' plot is terrible, far from it, but it's clear to me that there isn't much to take away from the first season.

Ruuko Kominato is your typical ditzy heroine with no ambitions of her own. I was initially annoyed by this, however, as the series went on there turned out to be more to her character.
Yuzuki Kurebayashi I was conflicted about at first. Afterall girls who are in love with their brother are done to death in anime, but although they do joke about it at first, her love was depicted in a much more sincere way than is the norm in anime.

Shy characters like Hitoe Uemura are the easiest to write, but the hardest to progress. Am I correct in assuming so? Anyways, in the very first episode of the show, it is established that battling uses up a lot of LRIGs' power and that they have to recover after only one battle. This is completely ignored when Hitoe battles with Yuzuki after she becomes a LRIG and fights 6 whole battles without so much as showing that she is getting tired, the reason I point out this oddity with Yuzuki in particular is LRIGs grow the more that they battle, and so one could argue that growing increases their endurance. But Yuzuki couldn't have even participate in battle until shortly before Iona's tournament, so it's hard to imagine that she grew enough to be able to handle this many fights in a row.

Akira Aoi was one of the more interesting characters. She acted cutesy and innocent around most people, but actually held a pretty disgusting personality within. I find this fascinating because it seems to be rare these days to find a female character that is a bad person and the anime regards her as such. My only complaint regarding Akira is that only one of her cheeks becomes defected when she loses her third match, rather than her entire face becoming hideous like it should given what her wish was.

The mechanics of the card game are never properly explained in the anime itself, in fact I only know what they are because I saw a two-part video that explained what the rules of the game are. Not that it matters since the anime doesn't even seem to follow the rules of the game, which is a shame since it would of been nice to have at least one battle where strategy is involved. As Kimidori pointed out, a lot of the cards feature what is essentially hentai on them. With LRIGS such as Hanayo and Midoriko wearing heavily suggestive clothing--and Tama, while her outfit might look normal at first glance, the front and back are actually separated from one another with only a couple of ribbons holding them together on either the left or right side--to name a few, which makes it difficult to believe that such a card game would be popular among a female demographic.

But back to the purpose of the story, it's that some wishes are unobtainable and trying to sacrifice everything to have them granted is silly. I feel as if it's something like that. But overall, Selector Infected Wish Across is a pretty good anime and I enjoyed my time with it.

Currently reading:: The Sirens of Titan.

Last edited by Mars Terra; 2018-10-15 at 19:23. Reason: grammatical errors
Mars Terra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
game, proxy battles