AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chrno Crusade

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-03-21, 21:09   Link #21
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yebyosh
Ooo! Ooo! Somebody is trying to get into trouble with the feminists!
I meant no offends to feminists, but you see Satella's neck line is even lower than Janet Jackson's at times.
Old 2004-03-22, 03:46   Link #22
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver_nin
I the first part of this post some one sayed that Chrno has a nickname "Slayer of 100 of his own kind" but aion sayed in the series hey killed over 10 billion of his own kind
Ahh... I finally found the one who started it .

silver_nin, where did you find Aion saying Chrno killed 10 billion of his own kind? PM me the time & episode. I would like to confirm if its a subber mistake or another gaffe of the anime crew (so that at least the proper faction can be blamed for the gaffe ). Hyaku (hundred) & Hyakuoku (10 billion) can be told apart...

Never mind, I found it. Episode 10, 00:03:07 start. Aion started reminiscing about their past. However it seems that .... both your fansub and the anime crew got it wrong!!! Aion says "Ichioku" which means "a hundred million". That is certainly not 10 billion but it is also not 100.

I find it ridiculous for them to exaggerate it thus. Imagine 6 demons (the anime also seems to portray only these 6 as Sinners) fighting the whole demon world gung-ho like ("Bring it on!" "Yeah") with one of them slaying a hundred million. Then they have to run away from the "Pursuers"?! 6 vs millions with heavy losses to the other side and they run...

Anyway the picture you posted definitely states "Slayer of a 100 kin"

Last edited by Yebyosh; 2004-03-22 at 09:16.
Old 2004-03-22, 07:25   Link #23
ShadowLady
Darkness Prevails

Send a message via ICQ to ShadowLady Send a message via MSN to ShadowLady
Thumbs down

Spoiler:
Old 2004-03-23, 19:00   Link #24
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

well, since they have to end the anime in 26 episodes, while the manga is still going without any hint of ending, I'd no longer call the anime a "manga adaptation". It's more appropriate to call the anime an original story development borrowing some settings from the manga. Basically they have only two choices, to end it half-way suddenly and incomplete, aka Spiral, or to make their own complete new story. Chrno Crusade is taking the latter route, which is fine by me. And I think the recent two episodes very enjoyable, unlike the previous slow-paced fillers, and judging from the preview, the next episode will RULE. I really want to see the Church and the demons fight side by side against Aion
Old 2004-03-23, 19:09   Link #25
Ori

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
well, since they have to end the anime in 26 episodes, while the manga is still going without any hint of ending, I'd no longer call the anime a "manga adaptation". It's more appropriate to call the anime an original story development borrowing some settings from the manga. Basically they have only two choices, to end it half-way suddenly and incomplete, aka Spiral, or to make their own complete new story. Chrno Crusade is taking the latter route, which is fine by me. And I think the recent two episodes very enjoyable, unlike the previous slow-paced fillers, and judging from the preview, the next episode will RULE. I really want to see the Church and the demons fight side by side against Aion
Actually, if you are following the manga then you would know Chrno Crusade manga is likely to end soon. In fact most people expect it to end within five chapters.

The reason why I say the manga is ending soon is that:

Spoiler:
Old 2004-03-23, 19:13   Link #26
Colonel-

Send a message via AIM to Colonel-
WTF? I thought that'll happen in Volume 8, since Volume 7 ended at the side story and

Spoiler:

Last edited by Colonel-; 2004-03-24 at 02:11.
Old 2004-03-28, 01:44   Link #27
Lordns

Wow not only did I find out that chrno crusade isn't going to be subbed anymore... But now i find out that the villian is perverted -.-.
Old 2004-03-28, 16:48   Link #28
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

I kinda like the FMA Symbol of Alchemy appearing here in this episode :P
Old 2004-03-28, 20:04   Link #29
Togabito_Ion

Just because it's the 'symbol of alchemy', does it mean that it's FMA only. FMA has a lot of researched information on its magic circles and such, if I recall correctly. It is a circle known in alchemy, and Chrono Crusade does reach for a ton of references, including Biblical and Jungian references all at once. While WPP was still subbing, we did a lot of research on the names to figure them out and such.
Old 2004-03-28, 20:25   Link #30
Ori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel-
WTF? I thought that'll happen in Volume 8, since Volume 7 ended at the side story and

Spoiler:
I am talking about book 8.

Spoiler:
Old 2004-03-28, 20:48   Link #31
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ori
I am talking about book 8.

Spoiler:
Hmmm...

Spoiler:
Old 2004-03-28, 22:39   Link #32
Colonel-

Send a message via AIM to Colonel-
How the hell you guys read ahead? Book 8 is not even out yet? Any hookups on where i can read the acts in Volume 8?
Old 2004-03-29, 02:12   Link #33
Kaka
罪人クロノ

well chrno crusade's manga is currently running on the monthly magazine "dragon edge," so that's how people know what's going to be in vol.8
Old 2004-03-29, 07:56   Link #34
Togabito_Ion

The magazine is actually called 'Dragon Age'. And I believe vol 7 ends at Act 48.

As for the current point in the manga, I'm not sure exactly. In fact, I'm quite sure, from what I've heard from a friend, that it will end either this issue of Dragon Age or the next. We'll know for sure soon. I can keep track on Kadokawa's site, tho.

Nevertheless, vol 8 is pretty much going to be it, I'm sure. I'm fairly confident that that's going to be the last volume of the manga itself.
Old 2004-03-29, 12:32   Link #35
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowLady

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2004-03-29, 14:38   Link #36
Kaka
罪人クロノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Togabito_Ion
The magazine is actually called 'Dragon Age'. And I believe vol 7 ends at Act 48.
whoops ^^;;;
thx for correcting me~

Quote:
Nevertheless, vol 8 is pretty much going to be it, I'm sure. I'm fairly confident that that's going to be the last volume of the manga itself.
it should be, even at the end of vol.7 Moriyama said Anime and Manga is going to end about the same time, which is the spring of 2004............
Old 2004-04-05, 17:14   Link #37
polarbear

they really messed up aion's character in the anime, i prefer him in the manga.

anyone know if volume 7 of the manga is out yet?
Old 2004-04-08, 15:10   Link #38
Togabito_Ion

It's been out for awhile, actually. o.o I think it came out in January or so.
Old 2004-04-08, 19:43   Link #39
Kaka
罪人クロノ

Quote:
It's been out for awhile, actually. o.o I think it came out in January or so.
Dec.25, 2003
Old 2004-04-12, 18:53   Link #40
polarbear

noooooooo i thought the newest out was volume 6...been missing out
Closed Thread