AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Soul Eater

Notices

View Poll Results: Soul Eater - Episode 40 Rating
Perfect 10 10 34.48%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 44.83%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 13.79%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 3.45%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 3.45%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-13, 07:43   Link #21
Regenfort
Mad scientist in training

Spoiler for scene:
Old 2009-01-13, 15:14   Link #22
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Yea..I think they could have done without the Asura thing...I hope this doesn't diverge too much into making Asura Arachne's pet >.>

But Medusa was truely stunning in this episode. So FUNNY and so MOE
Serious kudos to Houko Kuwashima ^^'

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2009-01-13, 21:15   Link #23
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
The new ED is badass.

Also.....damn...Medusa is like the MOST evil.....but she's so cute right now....it's not fair. Damn that manipulative little bitch....

About Ashura, I'be been thinking that he has two personalities. You can tell the difference, weather he's wearing the mask of not.

When he's wearing that mask over his eyes, he is the demon god. Pure insanity, acts only by instinct, is insecure, resolves everything with power, just like a disturbed child would. But when he shows his face, his different. He's Asura. His speach pattern changes, he seems more confident, and is not ruled by madness.
Old 2009-01-13, 21:38   Link #24
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
The new ED is badass.

Also.....damn...Medusa is like the MOST evil.....but she's so cute right now....it's not fair. Damn that manipulative little bitch....

About Ashura, I'be been thinking that he has two personalities. You can tell the difference, weather he's wearing the mask of not.

When he's wearing that mask over his eyes, he is the demon god. Pure insanity, acts only by instinct, is insecure, resolves everything with power, just like a disturbed child would. But when he shows his face, his different. He's Asura. His speach pattern changes, he seems more confident, and is not ruled by madness.
Yeah, I agree with you about Medusa, and I also noticed that about the Kishin. I think it's really weird, and further adds to his air of madness.

I'm still mad that Medusa took over that little girls body. Though I doubt it is possible, it would be nice if she could be released.

Edit: Oh, and I just saw the new ED on YouTube... it's otakugasmic.
Old 2009-01-13, 21:41   Link #25
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
I'm still mad that Medusa took over that little girls body. Though I doubt it is possible, it would be nice if she could be released.
Well....I used to think that she would be 100% released....but this show is getting darker...so all bets are off. If she could get her old body back, Meduse would most likely release the child. She never kills unless she gains from it.
Old 2009-01-13, 22:49   Link #26
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Yeah, I agree with you about Medusa, and I also noticed that about the Kishin. I think it's really weird, and further adds to his air of madness.

Edit: Oh, and I just saw the new ED on YouTube... it's otakugasmic.
Yeah the whole issue with the little girl's body has kept me negative on Medusa. While it should be possible to release the child the question of when or if that would happen is up in the air. She's a dangerous person that can do terrible things before you know it.
Old 2009-01-14, 05:25   Link #27
oompa loompa

just out of curiosity, is the kishin joining arachnophobia anime only?
Old 2009-01-14, 08:09   Link #28
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompa loompa View Post
just out of curiosity, is the kishin joining arachnophobia anime only?
Yeah.

Spoiler for manga:
Old 2009-01-14, 16:40   Link #29
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Hmm, I haven't had much of a chance to really see the last few episodes beyond some summaries and screencaps, but it is rather interesting in how they are clearly going in a different direction from the manga, yet still using some of the material. Good move, but it makes me want to hope more for some of the recent fights from the manga.

Looks darker in any case with the way they are going, though one can't say the manga is rainbows and sunshine either. I'm looking forward now to see where they go with all this since we have about 12 episodes left.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2009-01-14, 17:02   Link #30
crystalalien87
Louise Fanatic

i havent watched the epi but i saw the new end... when it shows maka/soul it looks like she actually has boobs and it looks like soul is coping a feel lol...
Spoiler for boob grab lol:

PS: kilik is the man son lol...
Old 2009-01-15, 14:20   Link #31
Girl_who_cried_gnome
lover of the g-pa hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalalien87 View Post
i havent watched the epi but i saw the new end... when it shows maka/soul it looks like she actually has boobs and it looks like soul is coping a feel lol...
Spoiler for boob grab lol:

PS: kilik is the man son lol...
LOL oh shi-- that expression, its a total "shes mine" face
what a lolipimp

anyways... who is that at 22:34? :O
Old 2009-01-16, 07:00   Link #32
Raikujin
finally had her fix

Steeeeeeein!

Medusa was pretty different in this ep. The whole Shinigami Chop thing was hilarious! And not to forget the puffy panties. Nice to see her in a different light, but she's still evil of course.

I kinda like this episode, but I'm not too fond of Ashura being this way. Don't know why.
Old 2009-01-16, 23:39   Link #33
carcanclaw
Kitty?

Spoiler for ArachnexKishin:

And on the topic of the new ending (which seems suspiciously more like an opening): I remember Fullmetal Alchemist had 4 openings, but only 2 were broadcast (in the dub, at least.) So is it possible that Soul Eater has 2 more openings that will only be on the DVDs?
Old 2009-01-17, 08:41   Link #34
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raikujin View Post
Steeeeeeein!

Medusa was pretty different in this ep. The whole Shinigami Chop thing was hilarious! And not to forget the puffy panties. Nice to see her in a different light, but she's still evil of course.
It's part of the whole "caught up in their pace" thing. There were actually some early interactions like this back when she was still pretending to be a nurse.
Old 2009-01-17, 11:31   Link #35
crystalalien87
Louise Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcanclaw View Post

And on the topic of the new ending (which seems suspiciously more like an opening): I remember Fullmetal Alchemist had 4 openings, but only 2 were broadcast (in the dub, at least.) So is it possible that Soul Eater has 2 more openings that will only be on the DVDs?
ummm no...
the reason why is because America is stupid... i never understood why they did that for FMA...but i realized after that show they never did that again... like when they aired Eureka 7 they showed all the opens and closings. japan isnt going to leave its viewers hanging like that so what you see is what you get...well from my experiences at least

and as for the episode it was great....Medusa is hands down the best villain i have seen...as yes the panties thing was great...im just curious how its gonna end...especially since we only have 10 episodes left....
Old 2009-01-17, 12:30   Link #36
~Kezia~
Scarlet Yukineko

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalalien87 View Post
and as for the episode it was great....Medusa is hands down the best villain i have seen...as yes the panties thing was great...im just curious how its gonna end...especially since we only have 10 episodes left....

i thought 13 were left
Old 2009-01-17, 12:40   Link #37
OutSmart
Comic Relief

11 eps left... its a 51 eps series right?

anyway

This episode was able to pick up the original mood of the series, it seems like soul eater is back on track and for its last eps some great things are waiting for us. The new ED already gave us a bit how epic this series may become.

I want a grand finalle, an epic fight, and epic twist, and epic ending.

This ep got 9/10 from me. I liked it a lot.
Old 2009-01-17, 18:53   Link #38
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Shit, does this mean i have to watch the anime now? i was pretty content with the manga so far, but it seems the anime´s got more roflcopters than it was supposed to have lal
Old 2009-01-18, 00:49   Link #39
Clarste
Human

Come to think of it, Medusa's gamble really doesn't make any sense at all in the anime. If all she wants them to do is fight, she could just tell them the location and not surrender in the first place (no risk). And if it's part of her plan, give them Brew too. The only thing she achieved was psychological (demoralizing them by being forced to release their enemy; also announcing that she's still alive). Which is kinda cool in its own way, but we'll have to see where they're going with that.

In other news, for some reason they changed the nameplate on her prison cell from the manga. In the manga it said "Medusa Gorgon" and in the anime it says "Witch Medousa."
Old 2009-01-18, 01:12   Link #40
~Kezia~
Scarlet Yukineko

well...with Chrona they would've known sooner or later of her revival and it was better for her to come on her own will to Shibusen rather than having them hunt her down till they kill her. It was rather smart the deal she made, because now they can't hurt her as the deal goes and it was a dificult desicion to make too since it was Medusa who released the Kishin in the first place but some risks must be made and thats what Shinigami thought.

As for the nameplate, i didn't noticed that untill know -_- but im sure thats a minor detail
Closed Thread