AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-01-09, 04:20   Link #17261
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Ah yes, that one
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 04:24   Link #17262
Eratas123

So can you do it?
Old 2012-01-09, 04:29   Link #17263
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Should be simple enough. Which Tatenashi? present or future?
Old 2012-01-09, 04:32   Link #17264
Eratas123

Present No difference i. Personality, anyway
Old 2012-01-09, 04:48   Link #17265
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Fic rewrite is slow going. Like pulling teeth with Linyin---no anaesthesia...
----------------------------------

July 4

There was just enough evidence to make it stick, Haruko thought as she confirmed her information. Alone again in the apartment, she was finishing up her report on the recent incident.

The man whom [Ren] had cornered had been put under arrest on illegal firearms possession charges, a moderate offence under Japanese law. In the process, Kokuto had found their suspect had a previous history of stalking female students. Reports had been made previously, despite never reaching a conviction. By combining the two unrelated offences, things were easier for his prosecution.

She saved the report, and then paused to focus on an object on her desk.

It was the tracing chip [Ren] had given to her. As the man was now incarcerated, there was no point in leaving the device on. Haruko once again regarded it, the almost insignificant dot hiding under artificialscar tissue. Indeed, the bulk of the device was made of fake skin. The Johohonbu and other intelligence agencies worldwide would make fake hair, scars or even teeth to mask the tiny tracing chip underneath. A chip that was smaller than a grain of sand, yet contained gigabytes of processing and transmitting power.

IS technology goes into things like this too, Haruko mused. Not long ago, a tracking device half a centimetre long would only transmit for a week at most. Even then it was unreliable and stood out like a sore thumb, making long-term surveillance difficult. Thus even with the most sophisticated surveillance equipment possible, people on foot were still needed to track individuals under observation. It simply was not possible to make a smaller tracing device. Data quantization, a technology developed alongside the Infinite Stratos, was the solution. The advent of this technology made much smaller instruments practical, if restricted to intelligence agencies.

It wasn’t the device or its use that bothered Kokuto. Rather, it was [Ren]’s unwillingness to share information about the matter. Haruko had no idea if it was an investigation or an abuse of the organization’s resources. She could find no recorded orders for tracing chips from Johohonbu HQ, or if [Ren] was keeping track of her targets. Nothing at all could be found on the computer they shared, which did not surprise Kokuto in the least.

The door opened and closed, prompting the analyst to watch [Ren] enter the apartment. The girl seemed to betray no emotion at all as she entered wordlessly, tossing her baseball cap and jacket aside as she dropped onto her bed.

Haruko kept her awkward silence for a moment. There were plenty of questions she needed to ask, but she was sure none of them would be answered. At least, not with a straight face.

“I’ve ordered a bunk bed.” Kokuto blurted out, the words falling clumsily from her lips. “You can’t make me sleep on the floor forever, you know.”

[Ren] did not seem to care. “Do whatever you want. It’s HQ’s money.”

“I want the bottom bunk.” Haruko paused only a second to wait, for a response that never came. She continued to explain her reasons, regardless of whether her partner cared to know. “And a proper table, too. You can’t expect me to eat or read at this tiny desk.”

[Ren] still gave no response. Haruko could see he girl’s eyes were open, even though she lay on the bed as if sleeping. She wondered if [Ren] slept like a snake did, with her eyes open the whole time. The analyst then tried another angle of conversation.

“About that guy you cornered? They managed to get the firearms charge to stick.”

“Spit it out.” [Ren] impatiently replied, suddenly sitting bolt upright on the bed. The eyes fixed onto Kokuto like a viper ready to strike. “What are you REALLY asking me?”

And there we have it. Kokuto bit her tongue, mainly to keep from speaking her immediate thoughts aloud. There weren’t many questions to ask, but she decided on the one that bothered her the most. “Orimura Ichika. Why are you so fixated on him?”

[Ren] did not respond, other than looking away. A few seconds passed before Haruko realised that it was an affirmative response.

“You’ve met him before, haven’t you?”

“Aren’t you a genius.” [Ren] still did not look at her. For the first time since they’d met, Haruko found her partner trying to avoid her gaze. Like how a snake avoided the gaze of one superior to it. “There are things you don’t need to know.”

“I’m supposed to be your support. I can’t support you if you’re not level with me.”

[Ren] took her time in answering. “You’re treading dangerous ground.”

“Bite me.” To the best of Haruko’s knowledge, they were not to make personal contact with Orimura in any way. The whole point of the assignment was to protect that individual from threats most people were blissfully unaware of. “When did you first meet him?”

“Long before I joined the Johohonbu.” [Ren] responded, still avoiding Kokuto’s gaze.

I am SO not liking where this is going. The ground at Kokuto’s feet felt like it was crumbling as fast as her career aspirations. “There’s more to it than that, right?”

“You don’t need to know.” [Ren] swivelled to lock eyes. Haruko did not flinch, despite the cold gaze that chilled her bones.

“I think I have a right to know.” Kokuto reiterated, oddly confident in her speech. “How far back did you know Orimura?”

Shut up.

Before Haruko could push further, [Ren] leapt off the bed and stalked off. She was out of the apartment in seconds, again leaving Kokuto hanging.

Congratulations. Haruko felt a migraine fast approaching. [Ren] tended to disappear for hours at a time without explanation. Quite often it was after Kokuto had already gone to sleep. Here’s hoping she doesn’t stab me to death when she gets home.

It was then she remembered the tracing chip on the desk.

Taking out her own mobile phone, Haruko began to smile as a plan formed in her head.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 05:11   Link #17266
HasuMasu
*Artist

Nice to see hawk pulled himself out of despair again.
Old 2012-01-09, 06:00   Link #17267
Eratas123

Looks like Old man Hawke came back while I was gone
Old 2012-01-09, 06:09   Link #17268
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Tatenashi: What are you doing?

Tatenashi's daughter: Hmm... nothing really.

Tatenashi: What is it?

Tatenashi's daughter: Um... it's kind of embarassing

Tatenashi: Oh really?

Tatenashi's daughter: Yeah, I'm properly replying to all of the love letters and gifts being sent to me.

Tatenashi: Oooh! My little girl finally has admirers! Let me see how many!

Tatenashi's daughter: *Shows the 55 text messages and sack of love letters, and another sack of gifts* this much.

Tatenashi: I remember the last time I had boys gushing over me.

Tatenashi's daughter: But I thought you were too busy training during your childhood?

Tatenashi: *snaps open a fan with the word "lady" on it* My charms are very powerful little one. Men flock to me even when I hide fufufufufu!

Tatenashi's daughter: Just as expected of mother.

Tatenashi: You must really take after you father though, you're going through the trouble of answering each and every one of those males personally.

Tatenashi's daughter: You could say that.

Tatenashi: I remember in the past where I would get the butlers to copy 1000 rejection letters. Writing them all by hand the first few times was trying.

Tatenashi's daughter: I don't think you should abuse the helpers like that mother. *looks disapprovingly* Still, it's such a waste to just deny them outright.

Tatenashi: Well if I didn't maybe I wouldn't have gotten together with your father. Maybe I would have settled for a nice young man who was not even half as dense as him.

Tatenashi's daughter: But you love him all the same right?

Tatenashi: Ofcourse~♥ By the way, that's pretty long for a rejection

Tatenashi's daughter: That's because it's not~♥

Tatenashi: *reads the letter just written* "I'm sorry, I can't go out with you because of this boy. He forced me to be his girlfriend and told me to meet him this sunday at Koyama amusement park. Please come and help me!" *reads another letter* "I want to say yes, but I have a stalker lately, he says he's been taking illicit photos of me. He told me to meet him in Koyama amusent park this sunday if I wanted them back. Please help me." *she rips the letters in two* How many did you write?

Tatenashi's daughter: Um... over two hundred?

Tatenashi: rewrite all of them, now!

Tatenashi's daughter: But-

Tatenashi: I said rewrite. *She takes the pile of "reply" letters* and I'm confiscating these. *Tatenashi walks away*

Tatenashi's daughter: That's no fun *scratches her head with the pen* Oh I know! "I want to be with you, but the truth is, I'm an a-l-i-e-n."

------------------

Hmmm not sure what I was aiming for here.
Old 2012-01-09, 06:26   Link #17269
Eratas123

@ Demi - Must.....resist.....urge to- Bwahahahahahahahaha! That's priceless! What was she planning to do when they all showed up By the way, you do know she's 12, right? O.o
Old 2012-01-09, 06:26   Link #17270
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Senpai - Aren't there scenes where he's not wearing it? It'd be impractical if he wore it to take a bath. Charlotte didn't have her necklace on her when she came out of the shower either.
No such luck, because there's no Ichika furo scene

Quote:
Side note - Feminist side assumed he was a pushover since he has no gear and looks frail. That had larger consequences
Pah, they must face Maya and Tate before anything, and that's if we don't count Karon and Laura later...

Quote:
Side note 2 - What else was he supposed to do? Maya and Tatenashi refused to give him meds when he asked and he can't leave ISQ by himself. He was stuck.
Indeed he was struck, if he don't tell the truth he's screwed.

Quote:
=Eratas123;3939453]
Side note 3 - Really? A lot of people thought the Houki end was a cop out and was hoping for either Laura or Charlotte to win.
Because I.S. matured with laura and Charles, less development is not put into Houki until it''s too late. Yes. (seriously, all three heroine introduced in the same freaking volume, then two, then one per heroine. Well Tate has 1.5 XD)

Quote:
Side note 4 - It's just for laughs. They even come back later and try to explore again, vut they can't find the entrance. They check all over and it loked like the cavern never existed......
LOL that wouldn't be fun

Also, GENERAL IS BACK! *Salute*
Old 2012-01-09, 06:29   Link #17271
demino_hellsin
That one guy

The Tatenashi gene was kicking in there I figured she's the type who likes to mess with people. Though hers are more prank-like than her mother's tease.

She never planned to show up anyway

I wrote this thinking she has a mean streak though she's naturally kind and will try her hardest to make up for hurting anyone seriously.

> : D

Most mature 12 year old you ever met!
Old 2012-01-09, 06:36   Link #17272
Eratas123

@ Demi - How did she get those letters? It seems odd that she got that while she's staying in an al female school.

@ Senpai - What? There's a scene where he takes a bath with Charlotte in the big tub. Was he still wearing it there?

Side note - This is early in the story and he was alone. Irish and the attacker both get owned since they're not that good.

Side note 2 - Would telling them his suit is causing him to take drugs really be a good idea?

Side note 3 - The problem is they promoted Charlotte and Laura then suddenly switch back to Houki. So it looks like an asspull.

Side note 4 - They're not sure what the hell just hapoened there. Ichika feels nervous about it, though.
Old 2012-01-09, 06:38   Link #17273
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ After introducing the main heroines, Izuru simply went back to Houki because she's the most plot-significant among them.
Old 2012-01-09, 06:39   Link #17274
Eratas123

@ Box - Was it too much to ask for more Houki ship tease to make the ending make more sense?
Old 2012-01-09, 06:40   Link #17275
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Senpai - What? There's a scene where he takes a bath with Charlotte in the big tub. Was he still wearing it there?
Nooope... I reember that clearly...

Quote:
Side note - This is early in the story and he was alone. Irish and the attacker both get owned since they're not that good.
Lol

Quote:
Side note 2 - Would telling them his suit is causing him to take drugs really be a good idea?
Like I said, either they'll try to ditch the suit, they force Irish to undergo treatment, or both.

Quote:
Side note 3 - The problem is they promoted Charlotte and Laura then suddenly switch back to Houki. So it looks like an asspull.
Hence I said maturing process, nobody questioned when it switch back to Houki in V7 because the delivery is decent.
Old 2012-01-09, 06:44   Link #17276
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
@ Box - Was it too much to ask for more Houki ship tease to make the ending make more sense?
I didn't see any problem with it.
Old 2012-01-09, 06:44   Link #17277
Eratas123

@ Senpai - So Ichika never removes that damn gauntlet?

Side note - Irish is probably the one who's gonna get in trouble. Double standards tk the max.

Side note 2 - Is Kanzashi supposed to be a main heroine or not?

@ Box - The problem is they dropped Laura and Charlotte so abruptly. It needed a bit more build up.
Old 2012-01-09, 06:48   Link #17278
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

I somehow got a "What if Inami were to be a villian and goes Stu Mode" vibe while watching Extreme Gundam's transformation scene...

00:04 - 00:18 - Extreme deploys Gundam form. (Minerva Kai goes Phase Shift into Proioxis)
00:19 - 00:21 - Extreme creates his armors out of thin air. (Proioxis deploys Out Shift and creates TWO Minerva drone replicas, asspull but hey, villians!)
Old 2012-01-09, 06:49   Link #17279
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Senpai - So Ichika never removes that damn gauntlet?
Well... let's ask box, did Ichika ever remove ByakuShiki?

Quote:
Side note - Irish is probably the one who's gonna get in trouble. Double standards tk the max.
Lol, even feminist have standard you know, she's fighting a little guy armed with a knife with an Uchigane.

Then again Laura getting out of the mess scott free

Quote:
Side note 2 - Is Kanzashi supposed to be a main heroine or not?
I don't know, honestly, but from Blitz' POV, her presence scream secondary characer... I don't know what he'a talking about.
Old 2012-01-09, 06:53   Link #17280
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Seems odd if he never removes it when he's taking a bath

Side note - She was trying to intimidate and scare him. He took her weapon waving as a threat and attacked her Of course, the fact that she tried to cleave him in half still makes her look bad.

Side note 2 - Tvtropes lists her as an official member and Tatenashi as not

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest