AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-12-10, 00:18   Link #241
Thor's Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
It's good that you remind us of that. But do watch ep7. She's certainly using her wiles on the surprisingly innocent Yamato, but her apartment tells a rather more positive story about her. Unless there is some subterfuge going on there, she is a hard-working, serious, and independent girl. I certainly want Mei to win, but I don't actually hate Megu.
This reply is really late, but I do hate Megumi. I think she's horrible in pretty much every way. The way she approached Yamato in episode 6 shows that she finds everybody else beneath her because of her popularity/attractiveness. In episode 7, after she continued to keep up her fake act, causing Yamato called her a nice girl, she made quite a smug look. In episode 8, she was clearly pissed that Yamato wouldn't go to the shoot, showing more of her intention to steal him away from Mei. Episode 9 had her go on about him doing something not becoming of a prince, suggesting that to her, regular people are peasants that are not worth his time. His time would be best spent modelling with a princess like herself. She gave Mei tons of death glares in that episode, and is now trying to eat up the time of all her friends as well as attempting to sabotage her relationship with rumors. I would not be at all surprised if she just rented out a cheap apartment so she could have a sobstory.
Thor's Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 02:03   Link #242
broken270
Defying gravity

Those "mood swings" are clear signs that her cheerful facade is starting to break down, and it would only be a matter of time before the physical and mental stress completely overtake her. Is Megumi really that jealous of Mei that she would go through the entire ordeal of giving her death stares, taking her friend's time away from her, and creating false accusations about her by spreading about it in school? It seemed like everything was going according to plan too up until the very end when Kai stopped the show and prevented the fire to grow any bigger. It seems like Megumi had a similar bad experience that made her become vary of interaction, thus the creation of this persona. Like PreSage mentioned, Megumi is like Mei, but weaker in terms of spirit. Maybe Megumi be jealous of that, not just how someone like Mei could have friends and a boyfriend, but also how independent and strong she is by herself, even if her friends are not around her. I am hoping for Mei to give Megumi a wake up call. They might even be friends, or is that too much to ask?
broken270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 02:49   Link #243
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
These two are giving me headaches.... Whats their problem? If they're feeling insecure regarding their present relationship, its better to break up or go to a hotel....

Seriously now, they need counseling and one whole day of "What do you feel about our relationship" discussion.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 08:47   Link #244
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by broken270 View Post
They might even be friends, or is that too much to ask?
Nah, it's impossible to pardon her like that!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 12:57   Link #245
Matts
An... Historian OOOH-

It's clear Megumi is another person with scars running deep, so I don't think an all out bad end is in sight for her. After the way Aiko's story played out, I can't get myself to hate her. I was much more frustrated with Yamato, after the article where Megumi made it clear she wanted to snatch him away from Mei, to believe her gossiping just like that made me facepalm.

I know he and Mei have a long way to go in terms of communication, but believing someone who has lied to him big time before and tried to backstab his girlfriend, not even making a secret about it... that was unrealistic, even from a shoujo series. At least Kai had the it in him to tell him off. The episode felt rushed, I don't know the manga, but it seemed like scenes were left out.
Old 2012-12-11, 14:45   Link #246
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Thank you Kai for punching Yamato in the face! He was needing that since ep 1. Seriously, I've never felt the need to slap the main male protagonist so many times as I do whenever I watch this series. This is a rare time when I actually prefer the female protagonist to go with the secondary male character - i.e. Kai may have been better for Mei. All Yamato has done so far was shove her into the limelight and Mei has to struggle to mature on her own. Even Kai had chosen to believe Mei over all the rumours, whereas Yamato was skeptical of his own girlfriend...especially when his girlfriend has such a shy and sincere personality as Mei. Obviously, all that time spent did not help Yamato understand her at all.

And Kai is right, Yamato just lets others resolve his problems for him. First it was Aiko and now Kai...seriously, he needs to use his head more and be more sensitive. I didn't feel Mei needed to apologize to Yamato at the end there; she didn't do anything and she didn't fail to understand him in this episode. He created his own suspicions based on useless gossip from a girl that he should already know is devious. I really wonder when Yamato can clean up his act and mature a bit. Mei is already trying hard to improve herself and their relation but Yamato has yet to show any such similar attempts. If Yamato remains this way, I will say that he doesn't deserve Mei.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 16:32   Link #247
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
Even Kai had chosen to believe Mei over all the rumours, whereas Yamato was skeptical of his own girlfriend
Why wouldn't Kai believe in Mei? He was the other person the rumor was about. It was a rumor about Kai and Mei. Kai knew the truth.

You seem to have forgotten that Kai told Yamato that he was attracted to Mei. Yamato had a reason for thinking that his girlfriend had been stolen just as the rumor said.

Furthermore, the rumor was pretty much true. Kai confessed to Mei. He offered to take her to this Land place, and gave her tickets which she accepted. Where the rumor was wrong was in saying that Mei's feelings for Kai were mutual and that they went to Land. (They hadn't gone by the time of the confrontation. Whether they would have gone or not is unknowable.)

In my opinion, all four were at fault. The situation was handled badly on everyone's part. Kai shouldn't have put Mei on the spot like that. Mei shouldn't have accepted his tickets. Yamato should have asked for the truth before going off like he did. And fourth, Megumi shouldn't have been spreading malicious gossip about Mei.

Quote:
And Kai is right, Yamato just lets others resolve his problems for him. First it was Aiko and now Kai...seriously, he needs to use his head more and be more sensitive.
I completely agree with you here.

Quote:
I didn't feel Mei needed to apologize to Yamato at the end there
Although I feel Mei does share some of the blame, I didn't feel that she should have to apologize for her actions. However, I knew she would as that seems to be a cultural thing. It seems like both sides need to apologize in order for balance to be restored to the relationship.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous

Last edited by LKK; 2012-12-11 at 16:33. Reason: added comment about them going to Land
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 21:19   Link #248
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Why wouldn't Kai believe in Mei? He was the other person the rumor was about. It was a rumor about Kai and Mei. Kai knew the truth.

You seem to have forgotten that Kai told Yamato that he was attracted to Mei. Yamato had a reason for thinking that his girlfriend had been stolen just as the rumor said.

Furthermore, the rumor was pretty much true. Kai confessed to Mei. He offered to take her to this Land place, and gave her tickets which she accepted. Where the rumor was wrong was in saying that Mei's feelings for Kai were mutual and that they went to Land. (They hadn't gone by the time of the confrontation. Whether they would have gone or not is unknowable.)

In my opinion, all four were at fault. The situation was handled badly on everyone's part. Kai shouldn't have put Mei on the spot like that. Mei shouldn't have accepted his tickets. Yamato should have asked for the truth before going off like he did. And fourth, Megumi shouldn't have been spreading malicious gossip about Mei.
I do agree that all four had some fault but Mei's and Kai's faults were so minor that I think it's negligible (I had understood it that Mei accepted only the tickets (to go with Yamato) but not Kai's offer to go with him). Mei's major fault is standing up for herself, just as Kai pointed out to her.

Yamato had already started to doubt Mei well before the rumours, ever since the scene where he talked with Megumi. Even though he said Mei isn't like that, you could clearly see he didn't really believe his own words. I haven't forgotten about Kai's confession to Yamato that he likes Mei, and I can certainly understand that would make Yamato uneasy, but, instead of questioning Mei's loyalty well before anything happens, he should have made it clear to Kai then that Mei is his girlfriend. He didn't do that until Kai punched him.

Mei's lack of assertiveness to show how much she loves Yamato may leave him in doubt of her feelings but I think she showed enough of what she should say through her actions in earlier episodes (or even when she reached out to Yamato and waited to walk home with him, yet he still doubted her later on). I'm not saying Yamato doesn't have the right or reason to doubt her sincerity but how easily and how quick he started to doubt her irked me (...but then it may be the fault of the series shoving so much within the expanse of an episode that made me misunderstood the time span in which the sequences of events occurred).

EDIT: After looking at the manga, yup, the anime left out a lot of things that TOTALLY changed the overall scenario and the character's actions. =_= I think I may need to read the manga after watching each episode to really understand the whole thing. For example, the whole ticket exchange thing with Kai...it's not quite how the anime portrays it. And the anime totally screwed Yamato's character over in this scenario. The manga just redeemed him in my eyes. Dang, you anime!

Quote:
Although I feel Mei does share some of the blame, I didn't feel that she should have to apologize for her actions. However, I knew she would as that seems to be a cultural thing. It seems like both sides need to apologize in order for balance to be restored to the relationship.
Do they really do that over in Japan? That both parties apologize whether it's their fault or not? That's interesting and may be a good thing.

[/TH][/TR][/table]

Last edited by PreSage; 2012-12-11 at 21:42.
Old 2012-12-11, 21:35   Link #249
LKK

Quote:
Do they really do that over in Japan? That both parties apologize whether it's their fault or not? That's interesting and may be a good thing.
I don't know for 100% sure, but reading Peter Payne's blog (an American who's lived in Japan for 20+ years who writes about living in Japan), I get the impression that apologizing is part of the glue that holds the social fabric together there. I know apologizing is done at times we wouldn't. One example he gave: After someone does a favor for you, you don't thank them. You apologize for making them go out of their way.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 22:49   Link #250
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
I don't know for 100% sure, but reading Peter Payne's blog (an American who's lived in Japan for 20+ years who writes about living in Japan), I get the impression that apologizing is part of the glue that holds the social fabric together there. I know apologizing is done at times we wouldn't. One example he gave: After someone does a favor for you, you don't thank them. You apologize for making them go out of their way.
Hmm, well, I suppose it really does depend. I mean, if someone went out of their way to do me a favour, I would say something like: "Thank you and I'm sorry for having to ask you to do this for me...or sorry for using up your time...etc." That's not unheard of over here. But it really does depend on the situation.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2012-12-13, 08:59   Link #251
Matts
An... Historian OOOH-

Quote:
EDIT: After looking at the manga, yup, the anime left out a lot of things that TOTALLY changed the overall scenario and the character's actions. =_= I think I may need to read the manga after watching each episode to really understand the whole thing. For example, the whole ticket exchange thing with Kai...it's not quite how the anime portrays it. And the anime totally screwed Yamato's character over in this scenario. The manga just redeemed him in my eyes. Dang, you anime!
So it wasn't me, the episode really was rushed. I'll go check out the manga after the series has finished airing, thanks for looking this up!
Old 2012-12-15, 16:54   Link #252
ookamigirl

Mei and Yamato were totally sweet together.
Looks like Kai read Megumi pretty well.
Megumi was losing to Mei in every way and just couldn't understand why exactly.
Guess her make believe life is crumbling around her pretty fast.
Yamato-Mei date in the amusement park was fun to watch.
Nagi kinda ruined the alone date part, but it was still nice.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 19:35   Link #253
Bern-san

Never been a fan of Megu-tan and despite you can understand more and more her way of thinking (which is quite a lot like Mei but with a different approach) I just want to get over Megu problem already. Kai's interaction with Yamato and Mei was cut but we got his scenes with Megu

Well, the whole episode was worth it for Yamato's brother appearance a shame we won't get his story because it's one of the bes.
Old 2012-12-15, 22:05   Link #254
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.11
well look like megumi really hit crash & burn meltdown give kai asking megumi ruin mei's life then trying to steal mei's female pals then got busted, other students left her cause her model, etc to point reading text message they don't like megumi.

all that combine rough past from being bullied to trying makeover to being model all pressure cue megumi has fallen down.

while mei & yamato goes the Land place for date all good til here yamato's sister & brother well still all fine til a call yamato got megumi is not well.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-17, 05:40   Link #255
Salva
Princess since baptism.

Now that was pretty good episode. Mostly cause we got to see more of Megumi and a little bit of Kai. I wasn't a fan of his from the very beginning but when main couple started to piss me off I switched to be more interested in Megumi and Kai. I'd gladly see them as a couple, they understand each other. Or at leas Kai understands Megumi like no other. I kinda expected him to come and talk to her. I guess it's too soon for that though. Or we will get angel-doll-Mei solve everything.

I can't belive how they could make such bad anime on a good manga. It's not the best but anime brings out absolutely the worst of the story. I'm pissed the most about Mei, in manga she was a strong girl with a character. In anime from the ery beginning it's a doll. I can't see why people are attracted to her. Heck, I didn't have such problems with Kuromuna (Kimi ni todoke)!!! I honestly think Mei is much much worse. Also I can't stand Yamato in anime as well. There's something wrong about him, his affection and how he's Mr.Perfect. I just don't buy it at all. I'm more interested in how Megumi's situation will be solved. Strange cause I was always the person that's rooting for main couple first. In here I just can't stand them. Probably rewatching Toradora and watching Tonari and Chunibyoo at the same time doesn't help.
Old 2012-12-17, 09:46   Link #256
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Spoiler for Episode 11:
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 13:44   Link #257
ookamigirl

Episode 12

Spoiler for plot:

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 15:01   Link #258
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

All my dislike towards Megumi dissipates after this episode. I am so glad that she could look beyond people's expectations and just be herself. It's never an easy thing to do. Part of us will always try to please people, and it's difficult when that contradicts with our true nature. Megumi may lose a few "friends" in the process of changing to be a better person but at least she now knows she has got one true friend who will always be with her. I say, it's better to have few friends than to have dozens of fake friends.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-23, 06:36   Link #259
Dawnstorm

There's the scene at the festival, when Mei says she wishes she was wearing a yukata, and Yamato says she's cute whatever she wears. Yamato's voice and tone... I had to think of Io from Acchi Kocchi. The scene became unintentionally funny, and I now have a visceral understanding of what Acchi Kocchi was parodying.

I've long had the feeling that Sukitte Ii Na Yo is taking itself too seriously, so I was biased. But still, I chuckled.
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-23, 07:12   Link #260
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.12

yamato tell mei keep on his sister to check on megumi cause she nearing crash & burn meltdown give female checking on megumi & yamato give wake up saying yet megumi there those who don't care about me.

but female person does care for megumi since know each from their kids years & after some realize open the door yet megumi seen the light now realize just be yourself & megumi did that while give sorry to asami & get hair makeover.

with kai see the new pic of megumi all better & now festival time all well give mei went without a yukata but mei's mom give her yukata with run all back in get yamato & cue the kiss.

alll better now with with megumi texting to her mom, yamato's sister going to school, & whole gang all together (only 1ep left).
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, friendship, romantic comedy, shoujo