Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2007-10-19, 01:31   Link #21
s[H]sIkuA
Drill Drill Drill

Title: Shakugan no Shana
Grade: A-
Episodes Viewed: 2

A good start. Since I like the first season very much, the rating might be a bit bias here . Will watch it till the end, its Shana afterall. Thumbs up for Kawada Mami performance.
--------------------------------------

Title: Gundam 00

Again, I like this. It seems to have alot of potential and from such a good director that produced FMA, I can't wait for how this series will turn out in the end. Thumbs up for L'Arc'en'Ciel OP too.

Title: Myself; Yourself
Episodes Viewed: 3

Unexpectedly good IMHO. The series have alot of hidden story to be told and the OP/ED are great here as well. How I wish the OP concert will appear in the actual anime. Aoi's voice seems to be pretty annoying (I hate Chiyo for that matter too ) though, but I have heard worst.

Title: Night Wizard
Grade: D
Episodes Viewed: 1

Besides the "Cant-get-to-school" joke, I cant seem to like this anime (meh I like comedy) at all. I'll drop this.

Title: Rental Magica
Grade: C+

No comment. Will continue this for awhile to see how it turned out. Pretty boring.

Title: Minami-ke
Grade: A

Ok, to rate it as A would be too much after only 1 episode but I got a feeling this will be on par or better than Lucky Star. A very funny first episode and the character are lovable, especially Kana. She is just so fun. Will see how this turn out and will it live up to my expectation Comedy FTW

Title: CLANNAD

Everyone's highly anticipated KyoAni-Keys anime. The characters are interesting and everything seems to flow perfectly. The animation is top notch. I usually skip romance anime but this seems promising.

Title: eF' a tales of memories
Grade: B-

Another romance. So far so good.

Title: Kimikiss

Watch if for Gin-sama voice lol. Pretty interesting cast.

Title: Dragonaut
Grade: B+

The second episode fighting CG seems like wtf to me. Will continue watching to see how the story turn out to be though. At first I am interested with this because of the VAs though (The whole Haruhi main cast + Nana Mizuki)

Title: Goshuushou-sama Ninomiya-kun

Fanservice aside, the story seems weak. Will watch it for some laugh though
s[H]sIkuA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 06:09   Link #22
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Rating: B

The first episode starts off with a battle and for all we know, they are a magician rental company that people can rent out in case they have supernatural problems. The character designs aren't bad, and the story for now is pretty interesting. I have yet to watch episode 2, but I've heard that episode 2 has a lot of background story...so it should fill in questions that some might have after viewing episode 1.

Title: Clannad
Rating: A

Another Kyoto Animations series...and compared to Kanon, Clannad is pretty interesting so far in terms of story telling. The characters are very interesting and you get hooked on certain characters that have that "cool" or "cute" looking feature. Its about family, so I'm kind of expecting the story to have some heartbreaking points in future episodes. Nice animations and the BGM is nice to listen to. The Opening and ending theme songs are nicely done and are addictive to listen to.

Title: Shakugan no Shana II
Episodes Viewed: 1 (dropped)

The second season of Shana...although I just recently got into Shana, I dropped this show to watch the previous season and the movie. From the first episode though, I could tell it was a recap of the first season. Interesting twist to the ending of the first episode. Looks promising, but this series, for me, is dropped for now.
Ultima_Rasengan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 07:13   Link #23
Westlo
Lets be reality

Enjoying this and eager for it to kick into high gear, no chance of this being dropped.

Rating: C-

It's alright, just wish the ugly Dragon CG isn't featured to much over the next few episodes. Pretty safe from dropping unless it gets real awful quick.

Title: EF - A Tale of Memories
Rating: C+

Unlike a lot of others I'm not too bothered by the SHAFT "touches" that are throughout the show. Enjoyable enough so far.

Title: Goshushuu-sama Ninomiya-kun

This looks like shaping up to be at least for me the guilty pleasure title of the season or maybe even year. I'm following this series with no danger of dropping it atm.

Title: Hero Tales
Rating: C

I enjoyed the first episode and it looks like it had a bit of budget behind it for a shounen adaption. Will be following it and it's pretty safe from being dropped since i need a fix of typical shounen fare.

Title: Mobile Suit Gundam 00

Alright start and I'll be following this for sure.

Title: Prism Ark
Rating: D

Just wtf at the first ep, it was all over the place and not in a good way. Will watch the next episode but the chance of dropping this is very high.

Alright start, nice to see them get some things back in line with the novels, next to no chance of dropping this. JOINT is also the best intro of the season imo,

Only other show I'll probably end up watching this season is Ghost Hound and maybe Night Wizard... maybe.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 16:54   Link #24
Macnown

Rating: B+

Not much so far but some very moments and kawaii ED :P
I will stick to this untill the end since am expecting AIR and Kanon like drama

Am certainly liking the gundam designs but kind of miss the old designs.
Right now am just enjoying the sweet and smooth animation of the action.
I've only watched two gundam series but I know they're slow starters,
so I won't be dropping this unless its boring after 20 episodes hahaha

Title: Shagukan no Shana 2

I've only seen one but i found it quite boring.
I can hardly remember what happened season 1 so made thats why i didnt really enjoy the 1st episode. lol something that i do remember is the good old meron pan
Will stick to this for a while since i remember season 1 being quite good.

Title: Bamboo Blade

Its not bad, quite interesting to be watching a kendo anime and a weird girl as the main character (I think).
I think il continue with this series since its got some funny moments.
Though someone should punch that crying ping pong freak!!! seriously HOW! lol
(watch and you'll understand)
Macnown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 22:04   Link #25
Master Ran
The Invincible Dawn

only this one...

Episodes Viewed: 1-3

I do like the manga and the anime is pretty funny too but when they change the story in ep. 3(as with a lot of manga-turn-anime do), it kinda left a bitter aftertaste.
Gonna watch ep. 4, just to see if the changes worsen, and if it does, 'em gonna stick to manga and watch err... avatar the last Airbender instead
Master Ran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 22:06   Link #26
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

E.V.: 2
Des.: Not sure why everyone's clamming over this title, it's weaker than Kanon and most of all lame/boring (lower mark is because the blond kid is a jerk version of the side-kick from Kanon, plus some of this show feels really cheesy). Somehow, I think the denizens of AS are trying to conform their reviews to the pre-established Japanese opinion because it's cool to be Japanese, and by extension to agree with them. ._.

Title: Gundam00
Des.: Bishies, yuck. The Gundams look cool but there hasn't been enough fighting, and I don't care too much for the politics, ths Gundam seems a bit generic in terms of its outlook on war. Love the narrator, though. Biggest question going into it - "what is the true purpose of Celestial Being"?

Title: Ultimate Survivor Kaiji
Des.: As someone said before, the mystic, supernatural tone of Akagi is lost on the rather gritty Kaiji, but by the gods it is an original series and is quite shocking from what I've read. My gripe is that the better known Yu-Gi-Oh! borrowed concepts from Kaiji so some feel Kaiji is ripping off a series inspired by it, thus, the "wow" factor has been reduced. -_-

Title: S⁴
Rating: n/a
E.V.: 0
Des.: a.k.a. "Shakugan no Shana second season". Rating pending until something actually happens. ^^;

Last edited by Malintex_Terek; 2007-10-20 at 14:00. Reason: never mind, situation changed. New post pending.
Malintex_Terek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-20, 14:52   Link #27
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Just made a my impressions entry on our blog

Autumn series 2007 - Thoughts and impressions

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 08:43   Link #28
Geass
~Power of the King~

Rating: A+
Now, I don't exactly like the Gundam series, but this one is the best new anime of the season for me. The political explanation they gave was probably one of the most detailed I've ever seen, and for once the background and side characters (politicians) aren't nameless (well, they are for now), faceless men (they actually look like real people).

Not a lot of people seem to like this one, but I find it quite interesting. It's like Kaze no Stigma crossed with Ghost Hunt, both of which I found to be very enjoyable. The accuracy with the magic on the show is also excellent.

Title: Goshuushou-sama, Ninomiya-kun
Episodes Viewed: 12
Why am I watching this? Why am I watching this? I have no clue, I'm giving it a B because I don't know what else to say, it's utterly ridiculous, impossible to take seriously, and yet so bizarrely funny that you just have to keep watching. Why am I watching this?

Title: Shion no Ou
Rating: B-
This certainly isn't a show to teach you how to play shougi, since it throws you right in with no explanation. However, the mystery part of the show intrigues me enough for me to keep watching, at least for now.

Title:
Suteki Tantei Labyrinth
Well, this was certainly interesting. Someone said that this looked too "happy and cheerful" before the show started, that's obviously not the case. After seeing the second episode I still have no idea where this show is going, might as well wait a little longer and see.

More will be added as I see them.

Last edited by Geass; 2007-12-25 at 08:45.
Geass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 19:12   Link #29
Omfgbbqwtf

An OK anime for me. I will probably watch a couple more episodes before I decide whether I should stop watching. The egg-head dude is pretty thing that makes me laugh so far.

Title: Blue Drop
Rating: A-
Biased rating, but since I am such a huge yuri fan, I just can't rate this any lower than a B. I like the animation quality and the characters. Very interesting show and looking forward to discover the truth behind everything.

Title: Shana
I don't understand why people rate this anime so low. I personally think it is very enjoyable. The fights are pretty good and I like the way the story is progressing.

I don't know.... Clannad just makes me feel like I am watching Kanon all over again, except less interesting. The story is moving at a turtling speed, although Kanon is pretty slow in the beginning too, at least I still find it highly enjoyable. I won't drop the series though, just because I know KyoAni anime will never seize to disappoint me.

Title: Mianam-Ke
hm....the humors don't make me laugh, or at least much much, but for whatever reason, I just want to keep watching it. Kana is probably one of the most fun-to-watch character in the Fall Anime series. Highly enjoyable, and hope the humor will go up a level.

Title: Myself;Yourself
Average series but I like it. Aoi's voice is awsome! and Hoshino is just a wonderful character to watch. Up to this point, it is pretty obvious what Sana did in the past, though the cause of his actions is still unknown, so I will keep watching it to find out.

Title: KimiKiss
Rating: D-
sigh.....I just can't like this anime at all. I pretty much corectly predicted every single lines and events so far. So... cliche. I still have some hopes left.... but... close to none.

Pretty good, not as bad as Kimikiss. Still cliche and predicable, but... I think it has a lot of potential. It is an average romance anime. Won't hurt you if you don't watch it.
Omfgbbqwtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 22:38   Link #30
free_lancer
~Nobody Important~

I'm not good with ratings, so none from me, just my babble. I usually watch about five episodes of something before I pass final judgement. I'm also pretty behind on most series so far.

Bamboo Blade
Episodes: 1
A fairly decent start. A little dull here and there, especially since sports/moe aren't my favorite genres. I kinda like the silly looking guy and I laughed in a couple places. I'll check out another episode or two.

Ultimate Survivor: Kaiji
Episodes: 2
I liked Akagi but my enjoyment was slightly dampered by the fact that I have no clue how to play mahjong. Kaiji is a bit better since I actually know what's going on in the game but I really don't like Kaiji himself as the main character. He's basically a whiney, unlikeable hobo. I liked how he formed an alliance with the other guys at the end of episode 2 though so I'll keep going.

Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro
Episodes: 3
I've totally biased since I've been following the manga weekly since it started years ago. I was kind of hoping Madhouse would just animate the manga while fixing up the notoriously unpleasant art, but it seems they're taking things off in their own direction. I wouldn't care so much if their direction didn't... suck so bad. Seriously, poorly written filler on the second episode? However the animation/music is fine and I really like the voice acting. Not-so-hot start but I'll keep watching in the hope that it gets back on track and gets better.

Suteki Tantei Labyrinth
The first thing I noticed about this show is that the lighting effects are terrible. It looks like someone ran everything through bloom filters. Aside from that, it's mildly amusing. The detective kid's powers seem kinda DEM though, and in a bad way. He "felt the solution"? The big-boobed fighting women were kinda weird too. I'll keep going on this one, just to see how it turns out.

Blue Drop
God, Mari is a bitch. I coudn't stand her through this whole episode and it's never a good thing when you hate the main character. The glowing-eyes thing had me interested, but I don't know if I could take another episode.

Myself; Yourself
Episodes: 3
I can't figure out why I'm even watching this. I usually dislike harem/H-game adaptions and this is an incredibly average one. The animation also isn't that great and the characters are pretty flat stereotypes and yet... I still want to know what's going to happen next.

Mokke
I don't know what to think of this one. It's got some really nice music, that's for sure, but the animation is pretty bland and unimpressive. It's also got this moral-of-the-week thing going on. It sort of feels like a show animed at kids (even though it's a seinen manga adaption). I'll watch some more, but I'm not that impressed.

Dragonaut
Boobs. Annoying emo main character. Boobs. Terrible CG dragons. Screeching loli. Even bigger boobs. I can't get into this one.

Goshuushousama Ninomiya-kun
I laughed quite a few times through it. Ninomiya's sister is a really funny character. Unfortunately the pink-haired girl's "quivering moe" personality is really annoying and it looks like a blue-haired tsundere is coming. I'll check out a couple more episodes to see if the humor keeps up.

Ef ~ a tale of memories
Bleh, the story/character designs are pretty dull and standard. I actually like Shaft's ADHD style of animation though and the music is really nice so I'll probably watch at least part of it for that.

Rental Magica
There's nothing particularly BAD about this series. The problem is that there's nothing particularly GOOD about it either. The main character is a helpless nice-guy and the other girls at the company are giving me serious harem vibes. Episode 2's flashback was also pretty uninspiring. I like the cat guy though. I'll watch a few more episodes.

Prism Ark
Apparently this diverged a bunch from the game. I haven't played it, but I bet it would have been better if it hadn't. The first episode was all over the place and the second was filled with annoying "comedy". Oh, and tons of fanservice.

Minami-ke
I'm not much for slice-of-life series, but I actually found this one pretty funny. I'll keep watching.

Jyushin Enbu
Pretty generic shounen action series, complete with loud hot-blooded main character, large evil man with scars, and annoying cheerleader sister. NON-BLOOD RELATED SISTER REMEMBER THAT. I'll watch a few more episodes provided it has some decent fighting.

Moyashimon
I think I'm addicted to the ending song. Also, the old professor is my hero. Definately watching the next episode. I really like it so far, but I hope the premise can hold for twelve episodes.

Shion no Ou
Usually I dislike moe, but I really like the character designs. There's something about how Shion's eyes are drawn that kind of.. sucks me in. Anyway yeah, I don't know the first thing about shougi and this series kind of assumes you do. The game parts were boring as a result but I'm interested in the murder mystery and the crazy stalker dude. Also, I wonder what's up with the black-haired girl?

Still meaning to watch:
Night Wizard - Sounds kind of underwhealming from reviews
Gundam 00 - I keep meaning to watch it but then I get uninspired.
Shugo Chara - Magic girl fun
Kimikiss - It's a harem, but with multiple guys? Neat.
Kodomo no Jikan - I might wait for DVDs to avoid distracting censorship
Koharu Biyori - I'm morbidly curious
Ghost Hound - Waiting for subs

Not interested:
Clannad - Eh, just not my kind of thing. Maybe I'll marathon it later
DC 2 - Not my thing either
Shana 2 - Haven't seen the first season yet
Genshiken 2 - Haven't seen the first season yet
You're Under Arrest - Haven't seen the original
Maple Story -
free_lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-23, 06:39   Link #31
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

So far, it does not seem as strong as the last spring season, but who knows, that might change. The spring season did not seem that good either at the beginning.

Ultimate Survivor: Kaiji
So far, this is the most compelling show of the new season. The premise reminds me of Death Note in a way - a psychological game of deceit, only this time the main character is not a genius, but the ultimate loser in life and yet he shows signs in the show that he is not that dumb. I can't wait to see what kinds of games they are going to play and what strategies they are going to come up with. It's nice to see a show that makes your brain cells work as well.

Gundam 00
I'm a huge fan of Gundam! Even though I have not seen that many series, the ones I've seen have all been exceptional. So far this show is a breath of fresh air in the Gundam universe with its more realistic approach. I really like the idea of the "three great powers" - it's definitely something that can happen in the future. It seems like it's taking its time to develop the characters, since so far it's mostly concentrated on the action. That's not so bad actually, since the action scenes are superbly animated and have a good soundtrack to back them up. In conclusion, this show has a lot of potential and I can only hope it's well realized.

Shana 2
I wasn't a big fan of Shana when it first came out, but the second season actually renewed my interest in the first. This show has simply amazing visuals and great music and has a unique premise. I really like the air of suspense that can be felt, and the plot flows along quite nicely. The characters are very likable. Shana isn't as annoying and stuck up as she was in the first few episodes of the first season, and Yuuji isn't an angsty and wimpy teenager anymore. I'll definitely be following this to see how the story develops.

Dragonaut, "The Resonance"
I was interested in this show even before it came out, due to the nice character designs (well...those boobs are a little exaggerated though). This show probably had the most impressive first episode of all shows this season. Unfortunately the second and the third have not been that good. Nevertheless, this show has potential and I am going to follow it for a while to see where it is going, since it looks like there will be a lot of action and intrigue. I hope the story does not turn out to be generic though.

Myself; Yourself
I became interested in this show after seeing the promotional poster and I really liked Nanaka's character design. This show showed potential that it might be interesting, but now after three episodes I am quickly losing interest in it. The main character is just too generic and Aoi's voice is too annoying. I hope something interesting happens fast, otherwise I'm dropping it.

Prism Ark
It's hard to judge a show after just one episode, but still...here goes. This show give off very contradictory vibes. It seems like a very generic fantasy/RPG show and some of the battles and characters seem way too kiddy. The only thing that sparked my interest in that is the relationship between the two main characters - they are already an established couple. This is a refreshing change from all the other shows when such a relationship is constantly hinted on and never developed. Oh, well, I'm guessing I'll give it one or two more episodes before deciding whether to watch it or not, but at this point...chances are pretty slim.

Clannad
If there ever was a show that was just too overrated, this is it. I just don't get why so many people are obsessed with Key/Kyoani's shows. The plot is boring, it's moving at an extremely slow pace and there's nothing special. The main character is cool and interesting, but he is too much like the main guy from Kanon. The girls all follow the generic harem stereotypes. The comic relief character(Sunohara) is just dumb and a loser. It seems like most people enjoy the show just to see him getting his ass kicked by Tomoyo. I don't get what's so entertaining about that - it's a concept that has been painfully overused in anime, yet people seem to enjoy it. Anyway, I'll probably stick around with it for a few more episodes but mort likely I will have dropped it by episode 5 like I did with Kanon.

Rental Magica
Probably the biggest disappointment for the season. Maybe it's my fault for having high expectations. The shows opens up with an action chase scene which could not be any more cheesy or generic even if it tried. The characters are not even stereotypical - they are just bland. I was expecting the main character to be cool and mysterious when I found out Fukuyama Jun (Lelouche) was voicing him, but I was wrong there as well. He had like 5 seconds of coolness in the entire episode and spent the rest being a pathetic loser. Finally, the animation budget must have been pretty low.

In conclusion, so far it is a mediocre season, with three shows which stand out in my opinion. Nevertheless, I will probably drop most of the shows I mentioned in this review by the middle of the season and pick up some new ones. There might yet be some hidden gems in the stack.

Last edited by Darklord_bg; 2007-10-23 at 06:58.
Darklord_bg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-23, 14:05   Link #32
Rembr

An update after the initial 3 episode run.
Now that I've collected my thoughts and compared shows with others and weighed them against each other, I think I know what I'm going to watch this season.

Rating: Top tier
Episodes Viewed: 4
Sports anime or not, this is a very well-rounded and entertaining ride. It may not be anything special in terms of anything, it's still a must-see.

It has kept its pace and proved itself to be the best slice-of-life fix of the season.

Rating: Default watch
While people may overhype this, I don't get what's so terrible about this show, either. I suppose it's from people who can't stand the mainstream. There's a lot of power put into the execution, and even when the original content may not be the most inspiring of material (or maybe it is, I don't know), Kyoani once again delivers some high quality stuff. That alone should be worth recognition.

Title: Genshiken 2
It's Genshiken. Production value is even higher this time around. And there's Ogiue in full force. This rivals the best of the season.

Title: Shana 2
Rating: Default watch
While it got off to a rough start, and the scenario doesn't seem like the first season, Shana fans should be just fine with this.

Title: Sketch Book
Interesting anime experience. Admittedly this may not be everyone's cup of tea, but if you like your slice of life served very slow, this is beyond excellent.

Rating: Mediocre
At the moment this is just a lot of flashy anime elements combined together. There really isn't anything special, and nothing seems to be clicking. It's tolerable at best so far.

Title: Mokke
Rating: Second tier
The original material is an interesting one and there's something fresh to look forward to each week, but there seems to be something not flowing right to bump this into the top tier. Plus this may be a very hard thing for Americans to get into.

Title: Moyashimon
Rating: Upper tier
Speaking of interesting, this is by far the most interesting concept and presentation of them all. On top of that, the content is entertaining enough to warrant recommendation to everyone, seeing as this isn't a very mainstream show of the season. There's only been 2 episodes, though, so I'll just stick it in the upper tiers and decide fully after couple more episodes.

I only watch it for the nicovideo comments (which helps the viewing experience a LOT). I think the show's mediocre. However plenty of other people seem to like it, and so far it seems to be a decent school romance genre.

Ordinary fanservice pitch. The storyline is decent, characters are cute and fun and there are some explosive moments but it really haven't done anything for me.

Title: Night Wizard
After the first couple of scenarios, this is proving to be way too ordinary. In fact that's all the words I can find to say about this show.

Title: Prism Arc
This is like Night Wizard meets Ninomiya-kun. Ordinary fantasy + fanservice. You can see from the above two reviews that I don't really care for either, and I guess it doesn't change if they come to me mixed together.

Title: Neuro
As I said before, it's a fun monster-of-the-week show with decent characters. If you avoid the notion that this is supposed to be a detective show, it's a decent ride.

Title: Shugo Chara
It's a fun show, but too shoujo for me. But lovers of the genre should definitely take a look.
Rembr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-25, 03:02   Link #33
jedinat

Blue Drop (Watched: 3 episodes)
B....visuals and sound fairly nice, and the characters seem fairly lesbian all around. I'm happy.

Clannad (Watched: 3 episodes)
B+....great animation, nice humor, and interesting characters. I like this one so far.

Genshiken 2 (Watched: 2 episodes)
B....more of the same, which is good.

Ghost Hound (Watched: 1 episode)
B-....can't tell much from one episode, but it got me interested.

Mobile Suit Gundam 00 (Watched: 2 episodes)
C+....not sure. The animation is great and everything, but the characters themselves haven't emerged yet. And it's hard to tell who's in what mecha and keep track of all the treaties and abbreviations and locations (maybe I'm just lazy ><) but I'll see how it turns out.

Minami-ke (Watched: 2 episodes)
B-....I like their funky mouths. It's cute and looks like it'll be nice and light and funny.

Shakugan no Shana Second (Watched: 3 episodes)
C+....more Shana, but this time Yuugi maybe won't suck so much.

Shion no Ou (Watched: 2 episodes)
B+....greatly interested in this one. I enjoyed what of the manga that's been scanlated. Looks to be a nice quality anime so far.

Sketchbook: full color`s (Watched: 2 episodes)
C+....sort of has an Aria feel to it, but with a less interesting setting.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-26, 02:43   Link #34
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

So far, I like the atmosphere and how it is done, despite not much has happened yet. There's obviously something deep behind and some characters are really interesting. Musics are addicting and voice actors perfectly fitting.

The beginning was a bit slow, but I deem that as positive since it quite helped to set the link with season 1. Episode 3 was really interesting and I assume it will only get better now. The C+ is probably going to become a B soon.

Title: KimiKiss -pure rouge-
Rating: A+
High expectations on this, since Kasai Kenichi is the director (Honey & Clover, Nodame Cantabile). Not disappointed at all. In facts, probably my favourite show of the season. The characters are very interesting and the relationship so far shown in the heartwarming, emotionally involving way. I'm curious to see if we will see drama on this, or if it will proceed through light and serious comedy.

Title: Da Capo II
The first 2 episodes almost had me willing to drop this. But since I liked the previous Da Capo series, I continued and episode 3 was significantly better. It seems a low budget production, especially in the animation depart, if compared to previous seasons.

It started slowly, but then it captured me episode by episode. It has all the potentialities to be a winner in my book. I really like this show, from the fantastic OP to the wonderful Nanaka, and if the authors play their cards right (something they didn't quite accomplish in episode 4 imho), I'll certainly be happy.

Disappointment. The story is inconsistent and overall it doesn't seem to give reasons of interest to the viewer. I picked this up because Eclipse is subbing it (so far I've liked all of their released shows) and especially because of the seiyuu cast: Kugimiya Rie, Shizuka Itou, Ueda Kana, Takahashi Mikako, Fukuyama Jun and Suwabe Junichi. It's an all star team, but while that might satisfy my ears, it's definitely not enough.

I'm having some troubles in fully enjoying this ^^ . I mean, it seems just a less ecchi version of Girls Bravo. Some gags are funny, some others are trite and predictable. But tsundeReika shines in this show so I guess there's no risk I will drop it after all.

Title: ef - a tale of memories -
Quite like solving a puzzle. Well, if anything a "different" kind of show. It might seem a little confusing at first, but it's just a matter of thinking a bit about it. Also I've only seen 2 episodes so it seems really early to say more. I like the visuals and the musics.

A sort of Ichigo Mashimaro with lower budget, with a character (Kana) clearly comparable to Miu (IM). I was willing to give an higher grade, but after a very nice start, episode 2 was far less brilliant. Need more to give deeper opinions. So far I just know that I like the three sisters and their daily life.

Title: Shugo Chara
A very nice surprise comes from my mahou shoujo fix of the season. This show never ceases to amaze me. It is so cheesy and overloaded with cuteness that after having watched it, you'll find a strawberry lollipop bitter in comparison. The protagonist is wonderful, her seiyuu (Ito Kanae) great to catch the various glimpses of her "characters". Overall, the happenings are just plain cute and funny and the Shugo Charas are priceless.

I think I've listed them all, but I'm not sure. However I have 3/4 other shows scheduled: Sketchbook, Mokke, Ghost Hound and maybe Blue Drop. So a brief review may follow shortly.
Old 2007-10-26, 20:29   Link #35
X10A_Freedom

What my grades mean:
A = Very Good
B = Good
C = Fair
D = Poor
E = Very Poor

Rating: C+/B-
The art and animation of Gundam 00 far surpasses SEED. It somehow has a very "retro" feel to it. It's chugging along rather slowly at the moment without any clear direction. There is also a total lack of character development or knowing the background of anyone other than Setsuna(?) and combined with the huge cast is frustrating thus the C+/B- grade. The grade can change quickly if the result of this transitional/setup episodes are good.

Title: Shakugan no Shana 2
Firstly, the character art has changed slightly for the better. The girls look slightly older, more mature and has less of the loli look.

The flashback opener was cleverly done. It was a flashback, yet it was happening in the "present".

It was looking like a monster-of-the-week but this seems not to be the case. I would hope in the future there will be monster arcs lasting several episodes like in Season 1.

SnS2 is slow but really SnS1 was also slow so I find season 2 to be pretty much more of the same of season 1. A blend of slice-of-life combined with the occasional battle. If the Bal Masque doesn't make a move soon though, the grade will go crashing down.

Title: Kodomo no Jikan
Rating: Illegal.
Episodes Viewed: null.

I'm quite sure this series would contravene paedophilia law in a fair number of countries. Erased.

Last edited by X10A_Freedom; 2007-10-27 at 18:37. Reason: watched another series
X10A_Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-29, 08:03   Link #36
christinemarie
Crazy One

My own ranking
G - Hidden Gem, meaning although the anime quality is bad it's still shines as gold.
A - Easy to spot anime that already had high expectations from many.
B - Good quality anime that good enough to watch the whole season.
C - Anime that needs improvement upon the following episodes.

Rating: G
This anime have returned my younger memories where I love those kind of series that the main protagonist seems following diligently even in reality. The *L/Runa Edomae* clone in this series makes me really happy to get me more interested.

Title: Shana
Well no need to explain I just love watching this anime since back then though the story at the moment seems become more typical love-jealousy part.

Kyo-Ani, Tomoyo, and the second coming of Keitaro-kun and Ikke-kun.

Title: Minami-Ke
I already been infactuated by Kana and Chiaki's cute antics so why not get more hype with it.

Aoi's clumsiness (Seems rival my other favorite character this season aside from her), anyway she and Sana starts up this story, when would Nanaka's line longer than usual...a big sigh. The sound, story I like how it is although some are already predictable but we never know in the end.

Title: KimiKiss
No further explanations.

Along with Minami-ke, Myself ; Yourself, and Bamboo Blade this anime is promising indeed despite the fact of it's poor quality I still love it maybe Mikuru-clone have really makes me satisfied.

Title: ef - a tale of memories -
Well the puzzle thing reduced the excitement that I anticipate from other angle since this is the 2nd time, the 1st was with the anime Kiba had already done it back several months ago). Music is impressive.

Needs more development maybe moving to another arc of the manga would do the trick to at least reach B rating.

Title: Genshiken 2
GUNDAM opening, Genshiken, Comi-ket, the finale. I love it how they were sold out considering it's their first time well enough said cause I'm all the way with the anime anyway .

Watch, I keep on watching... more...hope there would be less CG-Dragon and instead all battle should be done with human-form instead. Go SOS "Seiyuu" Brigade.

Well my explanation for A rating I think that would satisfy and it's a Gundam Anime anyway.

Other anime rating would show up as I watch them more than twice.

Last edited by christinemarie; 2007-10-29 at 08:04. Reason: remove the letter t
christinemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-06, 21:53   Link #37
Screwtape
dies irae

Nothing stellar with this one. The presence of Houko Kuwashima brings it up from an otherwise C+ rating.

Episodes Viewed: 5
Characters are stereotypical and the plot isn't very gripping. Something about another world, blah, blah, blah. Direction is in an unfocused vignette/ensemble style that dragged on for an episode or two too long. Annoyed with Fuka and essentially anyone not named Tomoyo and Kyou. Kuwashima again brings it up from an otherwise C+ rating.

Grade: C-
Another ghost busting series with the multicultural angle a la Haunted Junction. 15 minutes of my life wasted, with the remaining 5 spent wondering why Montmorency isn't the main character in this series.

Title: Ghost Hound
Grade: B
Style is obviously reminiscent of Serial Experiments Lain, and the director shows his chops by painting an atmospheric, slightly eerie world. Unfortunately, nothing happens in this ep. Seems promising (I enjoyed Lain) but I'm not sure if the style is appropriate for the material.

Grade: C+
So far seems utterly pointless and boring. Season 1 wasn't exactly my cup of tea, but I found the story improved as it progressed. The backstory and fantasy settings were also fairly elaborate and enticing (actually, I found the background stuff much more interesting). Hoping it will pick up when Pheles shows up.
Screwtape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-08, 22:07   Link #38
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Shugo Chara!
Rating - A big fat "C"
Episodes Viewed - Just 3

I only got it cause it was done by Peach-Pit, but after watching the first 3 episode, forcing myself to watch the 3rd one, I became so over come with disappointment I didn't even finish the 3rd episode. The artwork is clean and cute, and her personality is easy to relate with but the presentation was just dull and boring, plus all the chibiness and cuteness was just too much for me.

Rating - C
Episodes Viewed - Didn't even finish the first 5 min of the 1st

I'm a sucker for romance, but the pace of the anime was just too slow for me. I might try it again once I run out of good animes to watch.

rating - B+
Episodes Viewed - The 5 that are out so far

Personally I liked it, good comedy, okish storyline and attractive artworks. Though I do sorta get tired of the same ol some ol "I hate this world" "what am I doing here" mumbo jumbo. Otherwise avoiding that part of the theme, I liked it.

Title: Shana 2
rating - average C+ (75)
Episode Viewed - 3 or 4

It was confusing at first since the first episode starting within a fight already. There wasn't anything too special or spectacular about it, but it's a good anime to watch while waiting for others to finish

Rating - B-
Episode Viewed - what ever is out so far, 4 or 5 I don't remember

To me it's just another one of those Maburaho like anime again w/o the magic. The art style is very attractive the overall presentation is very nice. There's not much storyline though, maybe but the typical childhood promise thingy going on there.

Title: Prism Arc
Rating - B
Episode Viewed - 1

Storyline wise, I don't know it or really care for it. I just love the battle scenes, which is quite amazing. Other than that's there's nothing too special about this anime for me.

Title: Da Capo II
Episodes: 5

This was the only DC series that I was even able to stand watching. The artwork can use some sharpening up too. It was rather slow at some point, but I didn't play the game, so I just wanna know the story, that's why I'm keeping an eye for the episodes as it comes out ^_^

Title: ef -a tale of memories
Rating - B
Episodes - what ever is out so far, 5ish or so.

I didn't play the game myself too, but I liked the original artwork, so I followed it. Though the storyline seemed to be recycled at times, and that chick with the bandages pissed me off at times, I still enjoyed it.

Rating - B
Episodes - 5

It was similar to Polyphonica, but the art style was much more refined and much better quality which is what attracted me to it. The "good guy" act the main character seem to be recycled sooooo many times, I just ignore it now. Other than that, I enjoy it.

Title: Hayate the Combat Butler
Rating - ?? I don't know any more. -1/100 every episode and ep 1 = a 90
Episodes - 31

It got more and more boring as each episode came out. I don't even know why I kept up. I guess i'm just bored now.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-29, 12:19   Link #39
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
So far, nothing particularly impressive. I can't numerically rate series so I won't do it.

Kimikiss pure rouge
Episodes watched: 3
Impression: Not very interested on it, the promotional artwork had managed to pique my interest but I'm quickly losing it. I'll keep it around though, since it's a short series. Currently stalled in favor of more interesting series.

Dragonaut ~ The Resonance
Episodes watched: 8
Impression: Almost completely opposite of what GONZO usually offers. Overall visual quality has been top notch, music has been awesome, voice actors are pretty good... but the storyline and characters are completely messed up. Clichéd attitudes, completely absurd character reactions, a plot that advances extremely fast but doesn't manage to go anywhere at all, extremely sucky writing... Basically, it had everything to be good (on the overall quality side), but it managed to shove it down the drain quite speedily. I don't usually completely drop a series, but this one definitely deserved it.

Ghost Hound
Episodes watched: 5
Impression: very good. Atmospheric, Lain-esque approach to animation (no wonder it's the same director ), plus its Masamune Shirow background, it's the obvious winner of my attention this season.

Blue Drop
Episodes watched: 5
Impression: It started off quite nice but I'm kind of losing interest on it... It's not bad, but it could use a bit more animation budget. Currently stalled in favor of other series.

Sketchbook ~ full color'S
Episodes watched: 6
Impression: TWO THUMBS UP! It mixes an AzuDai-styled cast of characters with ARIA-styled pure slice of life approach--an awesome combination in my book. Very interested in this series. Too bad it's only 13 episodes (let's hope we get more like with ARIA! After all, it's the same production studio).

Mobile Suit Gundam 00
Impression: It was a bit hit-and-miss at the beginning (I don't usually watch mecha shows), but I'm kind of starting to harvest a higher interest on it. Godly animation quality sure helps quite a bit.

Clannad
Impression: Not bad, but not impressive either. It's typical Key formula--it works and you know it's good, but it doesn't go beyond that. I'd really have Kyoani do something a bit more interesting than Key-styled harems, even though I don't hate those (in fact, I enjoyed Kanon 2006 quite a bit). Still, I'm interested enough on the show to watch the episodes as soon as they hit my hard drive.

Overall impression so far: Not the best. There's no ground-breaking show, and a dropped series doesn't add much to my impression of the season. My highest bids are placed on Ghost Hound and Sketchbook, but the first one doesn't seem too wow up until now, and the latter is of a genre not likely to be ground-breaking at all.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-02, 01:40   Link #40
kimchipride
Geass User

Episodes Viewed: 9

I liked all of KyoAni's works so this a default series to watch whether it be good or bad. Thankfully, it's a great series. The comedy is set and character development is coming out very nicely. Somehow, I think that this won't be as sad as Kanon.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Episodes Viewed: 8

The reason I watched Shana Season I was because Shana Season II was coming out in the fall. Too bad it's a disappointment so far. Although the quality of the series has been amped, I seem to have forgotten that this anime was supposed to be about torches.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Title: Hayate no Gotoku
Rating: D+
Episodes Viewed: 34

Sigh... Everyone probably agrees the beginning of the series is at least 10x better than the recent episodes. I really enjoyed Hayate no Gotoku in the beginning but it seemed to go downhill after halfway through the first half. (if that makes sense)
I'm basically forcing myself to watch this series. I laugh now and then but it doesn't make up everything else. I'll finish this series for sure but I won't recommend any of my friends to watch this series.

Episodes Viewed: 9

I never heard about this anime until I became an animetard and started watching an explosion of anime. (which, unfortunately is costing my grades T_T) I have to say that this a pretty good series. It's funny and there's drama at some points. Episode 8 was probably the best episode so far. I felt chills when the mailbox was opened and more of Nanaka's past was revealed which explains her bitchy nature when she first meets Sana.

Title: Minami Ke
Episodes Viewed: 8

This anime took me by surprise. A friend recommended it to me and after watching the first episode, Chiiaki's Geass made me watch this series. It's a slice of life that is almost as good as Lucky Star. It's funny with a unique style of animation. The protagonists (3 sisters) all have different characters and skills which contrasts from each other. I'll have fun with this anime!!! I always enjoy the Sensei! Ninomiya-kun scenes.

Title: Ef - Tale of Memories
Rating: F

I guess I really shouldn't be judging this anime by the first episode because there are 8 more as of now. However, this anime never really got on to me. The plot sounded interesting, but when I saw it in execution, I felt it didn't really work out.
I didn't like the animation and the characters... Sorry!