AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2009-11-09, 15:30   Link #941
PhantomProductions

Quote:
Originally Posted by K!R4 View Post
if youre an impatient person, you should not learn afx.... because experienced afx kara makers took alot of time learning afx. i bet most of afx users in here have used the net to search for tutorials of afx and learned all of them by themselves. if youre asking for anyone to teach you step by step how to use afx and make kara, good luck finding one. anyway, if you really want to learn afx, just google it and start scratching the surface of the afx. and then after youve become comfortable to what you can do in afx, try pichu's script to ease and minimize workload doin karaoke afx. ive the same views in regard to aegisub when makin karaoke... you need to know first how aegisub works and some lua language to get a good feel makin karas. its like learning bmx or skateboard, you cant just say to yourself "fck i wanna do that sick trick" wo learning how to ride one.
That did not help me at all. Right now the only AFX thing I want to learn is karaokeing. My fansub group won't care about anything else. I've timed for over a year and have been k-timing since a month ago. The tutorials I've found don't work (or at least AFX won't cooperate). When I asked this question you responded to I'd wasted 3 hours of my day trying to figure it out and got nothing out of it, aside from a pain in the butt. I had other things to do for those 3 hours. I am a college student and don't have time to spend weeks on end putzing with one program. So excuse me for seeming a little impatient.
PhantomProductions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 17:00   Link #942
Noct

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomProductions View Post
That did not help me at all. Right now the only AFX thing I want to learn is karaokeing.
Like K!R4 said, that's not possibe. I can understand you want to do the fun part only, but like almost everything in life, you have to work first.

Quote:
The tutorials I've found don't work (or at least AFX won't cooperate).
http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/
http://library.creativecow.net/tutor...beaftereffects
http://www.youtube.com/ <- search for after effect tutorials

Quote:
I am a college student and don't have time to spend weeks on end putzing with one program.
Sadly, you will have to. And if you don't want to invest time into learning the program, you should stop now and save yourself a lot of trouble.
Noct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 17:44   Link #943
nekobouya
Fan-subbing/karaoke n00b

ok nm got it to work after my brain had some time to work on it *has been up for over 24 hours at this point >_<* and relized that that is not what i was trying to do ;_; what i wanted was for the way to color then color again for each time it repeated >_< i'm starting to think that it might be afx >_<
nekobouya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 18:25   Link #944
Plorkyeran

Quote:
I am a college student and don't have time to spend weeks on end putzing with one program. So excuse me for seeming a little impatient.
Then you don't have time to learn how to make karaoke in AFX.
Plorkyeran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 19:02   Link #945
crash-kun
AFX nub
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plorkyeran View Post
Then you don't have time to learn how to make karaoke in AFX.
So true, so true.

Quote:
I am a college student and don't have time to spend weeks on end putzing with one program. So excuse me for seeming a little impatient.
I would link my tutorials but they are outdated (well except one) and probably wouldn't help seeing as you don't know how to use AFX in the first place. pichu made a tutorial too but he took it off youtube. Not sure why, I thought it was good...

I thought K!R4's post was right on the mark though, thats how we all learned, and most of us have better things to do than teach everyone else, half of us are college kids too.

PS: being rude doesn't make people want to help you.
crash-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 20:57   Link #946
jfs
Aegisub dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekobouya View Post
@jfs
thanks that's exactly what i was looking for except the #'s show up as text >_< here is the code can you tell me what i did wrong?

Dialogue: 0,0:03:03.48,0:03:10.08,Default,,0000,0000,0000,,{ \k37}Ge{\k25}ta{\k42}way{\k58}#{\k50}#{\k49}#{\k51 }#{\k47}#{\k51}#

*edit* here is my Aegisub version and r
Aegisub 2.1.7 (built from SVN revision 3131). */edit*
The furigana and multi-highlight syntaxes are not features of ASS subtitles, but of Aegisub's karaskel code, and only take any meaning when you process the text with a karaoke effect script that uses karaskel. Using kara-templater is the easiest way to do it.
You have to make an effect script or some effect templates and apply it, and make sure the original timed karaoke is not part of what gets rendered, for the multi-highlight syntax to take effect and the #'s to not be shown.

Aegisub developer [ Forum | Manual | Feature requests | Bug reports | IRC ]
Don't ask for: More VSFilter changes (I won't), karaoke effects, help in PM's
jfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 10:28   Link #947
LelouchVII
Hagane no Renkinjutsushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekobouya View Post
ok nm got it to work after my brain had some time to work on it *has been up for over 24 hours at this point >_<* and relized that that is not what i was trying to do ;_; what i wanted was for the way to color then color again for each time it repeated >_< i'm starting to think that it might be afx >_<
U mean for each repeat the highlight color changed?If so u can make some random colors appear with a randomizer each time the syl is highlighted.haven't tried this with multi-highlight,but if it reruns the script applying effects on extra lines that are the second,third,etc.. highlight of one syl, this should work.
LelouchVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 02:38   Link #948
nekobouya
Fan-subbing/karaoke n00b

@lelouchVII

ohhh thats a good idea i didn't even think of it i'll take a look and see if that does it ^^
Old 2009-11-12, 07:44   Link #949
LelouchVII
Hagane no Renkinjutsushi

I got some code ready, that I used for some kara I did. If u can't make any that is
Old 2009-11-12, 09:17   Link #950
nekobouya
Fan-subbing/karaoke n00b

@LelouchVII
well i played around with it and got it to kinda work lol the only one that actually changes color is the last way >_< and i can't seam to get it to color the right way ether (it colors reverse of every thing else >_<)
Old 2009-11-13, 07:37   Link #951
LelouchVII
Hagane no Renkinjutsushi

What are u using?
Old 2009-11-15, 19:54   Link #952
JPU364

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfs View Post
"Particles" in ASS are really nothing but single (or multiple) pixel drawings placed and animated. Here's a small snippet from one of my karas that makes the syllables "explode". It's not very accurate but it works fine:

Code:
	local numdebris = math.floor(syl.width * syl.height / 10)
	for i = 1, numdebris do
		local dx = math.sqrt(math.random(syl.width*syl.width)) - syl.width/2
		local dy = math.sqrt(math.random(syl.height*syl.height)) - syl.height/2
		local sx = line.centerleft + syl.center + dx
		local sy = 40 + dy
		local speed = math.random() * 3 + 2
		local ex = line.centerleft + syl.center + dx*speed
		local ey = 40 + dy*speed

local l = copy_line(line)
		l.start_time = l.start_time + syl.start_time/10
		l.end_time = l.start_time + math.random(20,40)

local color = line.styleref.color1
		if math.random() > 0.9 then
			color = line.styleref.color3
		end

l.text = string.format("{\\move(%d,%d,%d,%d)\\t(\\1a&HFF&)\\bord0\\1c&H%s&\\p2}m 0 -3  l  3 0  0 3  -3 0", sx, sy, ex, ey, color)

table.insert(result, l)
	end
How do I add that to Aegisub?
JPU364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 23:02   Link #953
zhurai-tsuki
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPU364 View Post
How do I add that to Aegisub?
auto4 lua scripts.

put that code into it/etc >.>..
zhurai-tsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 02:38   Link #954
jfs
Aegisub dev

Actually that code is for Auto3, you can tell by the table.insert(result,l) line among other things.

If you don't know what to do with this, you have much more serious problems to work with. You have to crawl before you can compete in sprint in the Olympics.

Aegisub developer [ Forum | Manual | Feature requests | Bug reports | IRC ]
Don't ask for: More VSFilter changes (I won't), karaoke effects, help in PM's
jfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 08:53   Link #955
PhantomProductions

Thank you! That was more along the lines of what I was looking for.
PhantomProductions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 09:02   Link #956
pichu
*Fansubber

Well, you will most likely not learn anything if you keep on wasting your time here. I started writing JavaScript for AE even before knowing the application completely. After I understood the hierarchy, I started dwelling on the application itself. If you don't have the time, then stop fansubbing. I started fansubbing when I was pursuing a PhD because of my boredom at school. And now I don't see a reason to continue since there are too many stuff to do yet so little time. Being at school is what drives any of us to fansub; unless you're happy there, that's all I'm hinting you at.
pichu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 14:50   Link #957
Kudo Shinichi
Tante-San

Question

Pls Help. Can Anyone tell me how to make text vertical in aegisub.?
Kudo Shinichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 20:37   Link #958
fireshark
CRF Believer
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to fireshark
Rotate and use @ before the font name.
fireshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 04:10   Link #959
Kudo Shinichi
Tante-San

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireshark View Post
Rotate and use @ before the font name.
can you pls show me a sample.?
Kudo Shinichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 18:48   Link #960
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Code:
{\frz-90\fn@SomeFontName}Vertical text here
note: this only works with fonts that actually have an @-variant (i.e. most japanese/chinese fonts)
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fansubbing, karaoke, software