AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2018-07-20, 11:21   Link #6321
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

SSG Vegeta but no SSB Evolution. Are they going to discard the anime original transformations? Nice to see his Buu saga outfit back, by the way.

Given the power Broly displayed in that trailer, fusion doesn't seem that unlikely.
Old 2018-07-20, 13:33   Link #6322
DemonneoPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
Has anyone noticed in the trailers what might seem like a couple of instants using CG characters?
Yep, that one part in particular looked like a video game. The movie is not finished so i guess they rushed that scene for the trailer. Because everything else had the "classic" animation. It makes no sense to me to mix obvious cgi when the rest looks so good as it is and with action moments way harder to animate than the one with the cgi. At least i hope so
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-20, 19:25   Link #6323
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Wonder what is Frieza's purpose in the film. Did he go good for real after being revived?
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-20, 22:50   Link #6324
alex_drian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
SSG Vegeta but no SSB Evolution. Are they going to discard the anime original transformations? Nice to see his Buu saga outfit back, by the way.

Given the power Broly displayed in that trailer, fusion doesn't seem that unlikely.
You don't put all the meat in the grill as soon. Whatever thing will be used to defeat Broly is not here too, so maybe we can see it later. Or maybe it counts more like a technique than a form, because you know, SSB Kaio-ken is that. Well see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonneoPT View Post
Yep, that one part in particular looked like a video game. The movie is not finished so i guess they rushed that scene for the trailer. Because everything else had the "classic" animation. It makes no sense to me to mix obvious cgi when the rest looks so good as it is and with action moments way harder to animate than the one with the cgi. At least i hope so
In Toei I don't trust much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Wonder what is Frieza's purpose in the film. Did he go good for real after being revived?
1. This is related to the history of the Saiyan and Freezer and seems that he is indirectly involved in the situation of Broly.

2. Job
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-21, 12:36   Link #6325
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
It seems more likely Paragus is working under him (might have sweet talked him like he did with Vegeta in movie 8) and he is planning to use Broly to kill Goku and Vegeta. But of course Broly will escape control or Paragus will betray him and he'll get wrecked.
Old 2018-07-21, 12:59   Link #6326
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Old 2018-07-21, 23:34   Link #6327
The Green One

Quote:
Frieza realized that there is a big universe out there he can subjugate pretty easily and he doesn't have to keep coming back to fight Vegeta and Goku over and over again, especially since they seem content to ignore him if he ignores them.
Old 2018-07-22, 02:49   Link #6328
Idealist 99

I really really hate all this Broly pandering, its as if Toei is attach to this character with zero personality since they were the one introduced him instead off the manga.
I hate Broly and all his movie, it was just one hour of him shouting Kakarot and beating crap out of everybody until he is taken down by a joined attack. I seriously don't wanted the new movie to be like this.
The only reason I even want Broly back is for Goku to finally beat the crap out of him and super special "Saiyan transformation" fair and squire without any outside help. Broly is a character that Goku must beat with his own power. His existence makes all Goku's training and hard work pointless.
Old 2018-07-22, 03:06   Link #6329
azenable
President of TecoT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idealist 99 View Post
I really really hate all this Broly pandering, its as if Toei is attach to this character with zero personality since they were the one introduced him instead off the manga.
I hate Broly and all his movie, it was just one hour of him shouting Kakarot and beating crap out of everybody until he is taken down by a joined attack. I seriously don't wanted the new movie to be like this.
The only reason I even want Broly back is for Goku to finally beat the crap out of him and super special "Saiyan transformation" fair and squire without any outside help. Broly is a character that Goku must beat with his own power. His existence makes all Goku's training and hard work pointless.
No, its actually Toriyama's creation which he liked alot, its Tori butcher the story, so now his redoing it.
azenable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-22, 04:20   Link #6330
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_drian View Post

SSG Vegeta
You didn't mention Vegeta's last, most powerful transformation: Super Saiyan Coat.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-22, 13:32   Link #6331
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It seems more likely Paragus is working under him (might have sweet talked him like he did with Vegeta in movie 8) and he is planning to use Broly to kill Goku and Vegeta. But of course Broly will escape control or Paragus will betray him and he'll get wrecked.
I mean, I think SSGSS Gogeta would be pretty cool too but only if he destroys Broly almost instantly Otherwise it just wouldnt make sense given that even a stronger fusion like Potara, that was supposed to be permanent/1-hour, could only hold SSGSS for 5 minutes. Which is exactly the same time SSJ3 Gotenks and SSJ4 Gogeta could last.

So a hypothetical SSGSS Gogeta should barely last 30 seconds. Also, Vegeta hasnt practiced the dance so Veku could happen, again
Old 2018-07-22, 18:00   Link #6332
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Actually, SSB Gogeta could last 2 minutes and 30 seconds, since the fusion dance lasts half the time potara fusion does. In Dragon Ball time, that's a lot
Old 2018-07-22, 18:27   Link #6333
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I wonder if they made Goku forget Ultra Instinct so that he can relearn in the movie.
Old 2018-07-25, 06:53   Link #6334
Idealist 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by azenable View Post
No, its actually Toriyama's creation which he liked alot, its Tori butcher the story, so now his redoing it.
But Broly still sucks and now even more ridiculous since Goku has to go Blue just to fight his base form.
Goku and Vegeta had to go though immense training to reach their current level but then Broly appears and shouts "Ahhhh, I don't need training , I was born Legendary, I can become as strong as I want just by shouting"
Seriously, didn't Toriyama or Toei learned anything from the backlash of Goku vs Kale! I just hope UB Goku will not lose that overrated LSS.
Old 2018-07-25, 09:39   Link #6335
The Green One

So Broly is Saiyan Frieza.
Old 2018-07-25, 10:59   Link #6336
DemonneoPT

Quote:
But Broly still sucks and now even more ridiculous since Goku has to go Blue just to fight his base form.
Goku and Vegeta had to go though immense training to reach their current level but then Broly appears and shouts "Ahhhh, I don't need training , I was born Legendary, I can become as strong as I want just by shouting"
Seriously, didn't Toriyama or Toei learned anything from the backlash of Goku vs Kale! I just hope UB Goku will not lose that overrated LSS.
Nah, the backlash regarding Kale (and especially Caulifla) was because there was no backstory regarding them. They just popped up and puff we reach super saiyan 2 in no time. It was poorly handled. Instead of doing filler and pointless extending the same plot from the movies, they should have given the universe 6 sayans more screen time with their own arc story. Saiyans are by far the most interesting aspect of Dragon Ball and skipping directly to the tournament of power between the different universes without actually exploring some of it's universes first was a bad move imo. However, from what i could see from the Broly trailer, a lot of backstory will be presented. The saiyan race will be focused, the tails are finaly back , exploring the saiyan babies sent to conquer other worlds will be a possibility, aswell linking Frieza's reason to destroy Planet Vegeta to the legendary super saiyan myth. If they give me Oozaru back it will be the cherry on top of the cake.
Plus, being born with immense power can be as interesting (or even more) than seeing underdogs training hard and succeed. It will all depend of how it's presented. So far the trailer gives me hope, especially if Toryiama actually succeeds in connecting Broly (and probably Kale) to the future Super stories.
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-26, 01:35   Link #6337
alex_drian

Quote:
Is Fake SS.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-26, 03:29   Link #6338
AntonKutovoi

As far as I recall, “backlash” towards Kale and Caulifla was from the very loud minority and most people accepted them just fine.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-28, 03:49   Link #6339
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
In other words, nothing changed lol

People need to stop racking their brains with power levels in Super. They broke that shit in the beginning when Roshi was able to fight off Frieza's goons.

Quote:
Seriously, didn't Toriyama or Toei learned anything from the backlash of Goku vs Kale!
What backlash? If people didn't realize Goku was holding back the entire tournament till he fought Jiren, they're dumb. Go watch the fight again, Goku has no damage drawn on him when he fought Kale the first time.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-28, 10:38   Link #6340
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Getting upset about Power Levels is for the moronic power scaling community like LaughingStock and SethTheProgrammer.

You're basicly whining because its apparently IMPOSSIBLE for anyone to be stronger than Blue. *Cough Jiren*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post

What backlash? If people didn't realize Goku was holding back the entire tournament till he fought Jiren, they're dumb. Go watch the fight again, Goku has no damage drawn on him when he fought Kale the first time.

You know, the backlash that a woman can go up against Goku. It's impossible and they are only Mary Sues if they can. :eyeroll:

Since when did we start taking a known to be dumb fun anime seriously?

Tags
action, dragon ball z, shounen, super powers, tragedy