AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka - Double Seven Chapter (Volume 12) Rating
Perfect 10 5 17.86%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 5 17.86%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 32.14%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 17.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 7.14%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 7.14%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-04-02, 19:13   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Mahouka LN - Double Seven Chapter (Volume 12) Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Mahouka, Double Seven Chapter (Volume 12).

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the volume or arc if it has not yet been released.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-09, 22:41   Link #2
IceHism

Hmm, i had a question about the fight between Tatsuya and Tomitsuka.

I was wondering if my impression was correct or not.

Tatsuya hardly used any physical combat throughout the fight(a handicap?). All he did was launch oscillation magic on him/the floor to weaken his armor while dodging him completely, get hit once but didn't sustain any real injury because he relaxed his muscle, and then broke his structured psion armor(when tomitsuka used his marionette trump card) with gram dispersal and then beat him in 1 far strike. Is that it?

It reminds me of icicle destruction between Shizuku and Miyuki. Where nothing happens for a while and they seem evenly matched then one side just overwhelms the other when the one side actually decided they were gonna try. (heck, tomitsuka and Shizuku even have the same monologue where they acknowledge how powerful miyuki or Tatsuya is)
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-09, 22:56   Link #3
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post

Tatsuya hardly used any physical combat throughout the fight(a handicap?). All he did was launch oscillation magic on him/the floor to weaken his armor while dodging him completely, get hit once but didn't sustain any real injury because he relaxed his muscle, and then broke his structured psion armor(when tomitsuka used his marionette trump card) with gram dispersal and then beat him in 1 far strike. Is that it?

It reminds me of icicle destruction between Shizuku and Miyuki. Where nothing happens for a while and they seem evenly matched then one side just overwhelms the other when the one side actually decided they were gonna try. (heck, tomitsuka and Shizuku even have the same monologue where they acknowledge how powerful miyuki or Tatsuya is)
That was my impression as well but this was more difficult that against Shizuku. Only other magicians from the strongest clans or guys like Yakumo can give them a hard time.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-09, 23:00   Link #4
Rava

You missed the fact that Tatsuya's magical attacks were all being delivered by his limbs. So almost every magical attempt was being sent via punches.
Rava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-09, 23:08   Link #5
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
That was my impression as well but this was more difficult that against Shizuku. Only other magicians from the strongest clans or guys like Yakumo can give them a hard time.
Yes, there is no doubt. The different rules that apply to this duel and to icicle destruction also makes it harder to make a good comparison imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rava View Post
You missed the fact that Tatsuya's magical attacks were all being delivered by his limbs. So almost every magical attempt was being sent via punches.
I thought the oscillation waves came from his CAD and I don't think gram demolition requires Tatsuya to actually make any contact with Tomitsuka? It made some mention that Tomitsuka only got more relentless and started getting faster and that Tatsuya had to start counterattacking rather than just dodging though i'm not sure if that meant physical punches or anything of that sort.
Old 2014-04-10, 00:22   Link #6
Rava

Quote:
Yes, there is no doubt. The different rules that apply to this duel and to icicle destruction also makes it harder to make a good comparison imo.

I thought the oscillation waves came from his CAD and I don't think gram demolition requires Tatsuya to actually make any contact with Tomitsuka? It made some mention that Tomitsuka only got more relentless and started getting faster and that Tatsuya had to start counterattacking rather than just dodging though i'm not sure if that meant physical punches or anything of that sort.
Some did, but not all.

Quote:
The next blow was the real attack. Using his left palm, Tatsuya threw a palm strike at Tomitsuka. Takuma detected that some sort of magic was being held in his left hand.
Quote:
Once again, Tatsuya displayed a different attack. This time, Tomitsuka adopted a defensive stance. Using the right arm wrapped in Contact-Type Gram Demolition, he blocked Tatsuya’s left palm holding Oscillation-Type Magic. In the face of a myriad different attacks, Tomitsuka only used one shield to continuously defend himself.
Old 2014-04-16, 15:37   Link #7
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:

more or less, what he used was a combination of oscillation magic and non systematic magic. true he didn`t use any physical combat remember tamitsuka was also a martial artist and going in for a HTH brawl also presented the risk of him sustaining unnecessary injury.

Also he used gram demolition to break his acceleration speed also.

That oscillation combined with non-systematic magic was maent to weaken the psion structure and forcing it to expand outwards creating cracks. Then tomitsuka used the psions from the all most collapsed armor to create the marionette spell.
"The formless cloud of psions wrapped around Tomitsuka now had a form created by Tomitsuka’s own magic. "
the moment he used his magic Tatsuya used ES and after that he used gram dispersion and the armor was gone and tamitsuka was exposed and after that tatsuya used the far strike named “Penetrating Magic Shell” to send tomitsuka flying.
And finish.

also this si just to show how bad ass tatsuya is
Quote:
Tomitsuka’s Acceleration Magic had been nullified during the cast. Using the interrupted phenomenon as a stepping point, Tatsuya activated his own Acceleration Magic.
he basically used another guys spell to cast his own spell to increase the effects of his own spell. FCk me thats bad ass!!!!!!!
SoboSobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-16, 15:29   Link #8
LKK

Okay, I give up. Just finished v12 and for the life of me, I can't figure out what the title, Double Seven, has to do with the contents in the volume. What am I missing? Does anyone have any idea why the volume is named what it is?

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-16, 15:32   Link #9
millie10468

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Okay, I give up. Just finished v12 and for the life of me, I can't figure out what the title, Double Seven, has to do with the contents in the volume. What am I missing? Does anyone have any idea why the volume is named what it is?
The Saegusa and Shippou families, I would guess, have 7 in their names. I might be completely wrong though

But it might hit an iceberg...
millie10468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-16, 15:34   Link #10
IceHism

Quote:
Saegusa + shippou originate from the 7th lab institution. I think. Or it may not be about shippou and just the saegusa twins.
Old 2014-05-16, 16:53   Link #11
Rava

Quote:
Multiple meanings.

The Saegusa Twins. Two sets of 7s, so Double Seven.

Plus Saegusa + Shippou families, as people previously mentioned are from the 7th lab, although the Saegusa were originally from the, I think, 3rd lab?

And then there's the 7 v 7 aspect of it with the twins vs. Takuma.
Old 2014-05-16, 20:39   Link #12
LKK

I can see why I didn't make the connection between the Saegusas and the 7 in the title. The only family name & number relationship I can ever remember is Shiba/Yotsuba & 4. So Saegusa & 7 naturally escaped me. But the fact that I missed the lab 7 connection is a bit embarrassing. I probably shouldn't have read the book the nights I was sleepy. Thanks, everyone!

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-04, 04:55   Link #13
deathcoy

Couple of stuff thats been bugging me. Hope you guys can enlighten me. I don't mind spoilers from future volumes.

1. Does Kudou Retsu and Saegusa Kouichi know about the entirety of Tatsuya's true identity of being a Yotsuba son, a soldier in 101 BN and also his history of being experimented etc?

2. Can anyone explain how Kudou and Saegusa intend to use the media and Tatsuya being in 101 BN to suppress Yotsuba? I really cannot grasp the entire plot for this, the plans and the counters from opposing party.

3. Lt Fujibayashi is the granddaughter of Kudou, does she know and whats her reaction towards her grandfather Kudou's plan of trying to implicate/suppress Tatsuya and Yotsuba?

4. Does Major Kazama have any knowledge of the perpetrators(Kudou, Saegusa)? His course of action whether to help Tatsuya, inform Fujibayashi, confront his friend Kudou etc?

5. Angelina Shields, does she get any punishment etc for her father defecting to USNA and involvement in the spirit arc? Does Fujibayashi and Kudou take any form of action as they are all blood relatives?

Mayumi more of less knows of her father's plan so, nothing further there as far as i can see.
deathcoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-04, 05:28   Link #14
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcoy View Post
Couple of stuff thats been bugging me. Hope you guys can enlighten me. I don't mind spoilers from future volumes.

1. Does Kudou Retsu and Saegusa Kouichi know about the entirety of Tatsuya's true identity of being a Yotsuba son, a soldier in 101 BN and also his history of being experimented etc?

2. Can anyone explain how Kudou and Saegusa intend to use the media and Tatsuya being in 101 BN to suppress Yotsuba? I really cannot grasp the entire plot for this, the plans and the counters from opposing party.

3. Lt Fujibayashi is the granddaughter of Kudou, does she know and whats her reaction towards her grandfather Kudou's plan of trying to implicate/suppress Tatsuya and Yotsuba?

4. Does Major Kazama have any knowledge of the perpetrators(Kudou, Saegusa)? His course of action whether to help Tatsuya, inform Fujibayashi, confront his friend Kudou etc?

5. Angelina Shields, does she get any punishment etc for her father defecting to USNA and involvement in the spirit arc? Does Fujibayashi and Kudou take any form of action as they are all blood relatives?

Mayumi more of less knows of her father's plan so, nothing further there as far as i can see.
1.Kudou retsu is aware that Tatsuya is a yotsuba and member of the battalion. He may have been referring to the experiment when he said "he was the first success of this" but it is never stated whether he was referring to that for real. Koichi seems to be aware that Tatsuya is a member of the 101 because Nakura told him. He believes that the 101 is linked to the Yotsuba so he may connect the dots. So its likely possible but not confirmed if Koichi knows Tatsuya is a Yotsuba. He has no idea of the experiment.

2. I don't think its about Tatsuya being a 101 member. The goal is to allow the Humanists to gain more power in Japan so the society of magicians as a whole will be reduced. Because the Yotsuba individully have surpassed the ten master clans, this seems to be a possible way to bring them down a level. If you remember that Fumiya and Ayako were attacking humanists in the night, it seems that the Yotsuba are aware of the humanists. The humanists themselves are part of a bigger ploy used by the black sage to destroy the Yotsuba clan.

3. Yes Fujibayashi knows that Kudou has some dirty plans up his sleeve when she hacked the surveillance for him when Tatsuya went to meet the parasites. It is likely that she simply doesn't know how to respond to the situation I think as she has not done anything yet.

4. Kazama has been aware since volume 3. The existence of his battalion was to make a millitary force independent from the 10MC's influence. I don't think he informed Fujibayashi but i don't really see him helping Tatsuya. Its more like he is just using Tatsuya. But I don't see him handing him over to Kudou so easily

5. Lina is still the best magician that the USNA have. They will keep a tighter leash on her. I don't see how they would get punished though seeing as they are most likely important military and political assets. I don't think there is anything Fujibayashi or Retsu can do about this situation to begin with.