Notices

Old 2009-01-08, 14:52   Link #61
tigerwoods

Send a message via MSN to tigerwoods
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haohmaru View Post
Bleh. Don't like that at all.
To me it sounds good enough.
I'm not a fan of the original series, but it could be quite interesting watching some of the same scenes telling a different story.
Old 2009-01-15, 05:16   Link #62
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Got my Newtype today. Here's a high-resolution clean scan of the Newtype article:

duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 05:17   Link #63
Navel

Awesome. I wish I could read japanese runes now.
Navel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-23, 12:44   Link #64
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Finally, we have definitive information on the movie once and for all: http://journal.mycom.co.jp/news/2009...058/index.html

For the benefit of those that do not understand Japanese, I'll summarize the article instead of translating all of it, since it would take too long (sorry):

Story stuff:

- The movie is set in 2054 AD, and Holland is the captain of the Gekko-go, a ship leading the 303th Independant Combat Division fighting the war against the Image lifeforms

- Renton is the Nirvash pilot on board the Gekko-go, fighting in the military because he wants to find Eureka and get her back

- The love story between Renton and Eureka is a test of the bonds of love. They will have to face duty and emotions, truth and lies, the past and the future, life and death, reality and dreams, and Holland himself.

- The story will lead to the climax of the war against the Image, and show the entire world the birth of a new mythology.

Movie details:

- The theme of the movie is "rebirth" and the movie is considered a rebirth of the Eureka 7 themes, characters and designs.

- The footage in the movie will be a mix of "lots of brand new footage" as well as "footage adapted from the TV series footage", creating a brand new feature.

- The movie is NOT a re-edit movie, and there will be over 40% of brand new footage that is not based on any TV footage.

- The movie is 115 minutes long.

Staff details:

- Kyoda is not just the overall director of the project, but also the script editor. This means Dai Sato is not involved with this movie like he was in the TV series.

- Muraki is the special effects director specifically in charge of mecha battle scenes in the movie. One of his accomplishments in the movie is said to be a single continous aerial combat scene that lasts for 12.5 seconds.

- The rest of the info is pretty much a repeat of what we already know previously.
Old 2009-01-23, 13:32   Link #65
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Thanks a lot for the translation duckroll.

It's going to be interesting seeing what footage they'll adapte from the TV series. I'm guessing some of it will be from scenes aboard the Gekko, though then again it does depend on what characters they plan to use for this movie. Glad to hear it'll be 40% new material.

Shame there's no Dai Sato involved in the project, though i still have faith that this will be something we fans are going to enjoy.
Old 2009-01-24, 01:58   Link #66
Same_Shark

GA Graphic has a report about the movie! Has some previously seen pics in it too!
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 02:27   Link #67
aardvark

I had a feeling that Kyoda would be handling the movies script as well, I'm not surprised.

They way they say they are "adapting the TV footage" is really wierd. Im hoping what they are doing is similar to what they did on the Eva movie.

Last edited by aardvark; 2009-01-24 at 02:57.
aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 08:06   Link #68
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Hi-res poster:

Spoiler:

More weird artwork:

Spoiler:
Old 2009-01-26, 08:17   Link #69
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Glad to hear it'll be 40% new material.
I had my hopes on 100%...

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 22:57   Link #70
UnDeaD

No Dai Sato = ;_;
UnDeaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 10:42   Link #71
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
... well, the TV series was certainly excellent. The only problem is, I have bad experiences with remake movies. Though some people have said that the RahXephon movie was good, to me, it killed the TV series, despite some scenes (those who have seen it know what I'm talking about...)

Hopefully they won't do to this movie what they did to RahXephon... at least when it comes to how it ends and things are resolved

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 10:46   Link #72
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
... well, the TV series was certainly excellent. The only problem is, I have bad experiences with remake movies. Though some people have said that the RahXephon movie was good, to me, it killed the TV series, despite some scenes (those who have seen it know what I'm talking about...)

Hopefully they won't do to this movie what they did to RahXephon... at least when it comes to how it ends and things are resolved
If you spent some time to read this page, then you'd find out that it's not a remake movie, it's a new story.
Old 2009-01-27, 13:34   Link #73
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
I see... I was confused by the whole "using TV scenes" part

anyways, as long as this doesn't pull a RahXephon Movie type of thing, then it's all good (even if this is a different story... I still don't want a bad ending. That's what the manga's for, I hear)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 15:37   Link #74
blue skies
noch einmal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
That's what the manga's for, I hear
Depends on who you ask, I suppose, but the manga is fantastic imho. I didn't have a problem with the ending.

I don't see why anyone would be worried about a mediocre ending. I'm sure it'll be fine, since it's (mostly) new material and all. That artwork is freaking gorgeous, too. I'm still drooling over the hi-res poster.
blue skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-12, 03:01   Link #75
duckroll
綺羅星★!

The design for the tickets that go on sale this Saturday has been revealed. Looks decent, but tells us nothing about the movie. :/

Spoiler for Ticket artwork:

Hopefully the official site opens up this weekend, and we get a look at the trailer that's supposed to be running this Saturday in one of the cinemas that'll show E7.
Old 2009-02-12, 07:10   Link #76
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I like how the tickets are very Eureka Seven. That was probably what they were going for with them.

& yeah, hope the official site opens with the trailer this weekend. Or at least sometime soon.
Old 2009-02-14, 11:40   Link #77
duckroll
綺羅星★!

The official site's still not open, maybe it'll open next week. Anyway, the trailer has screened, but there's only a description of it so far. Seems like the bulk of the trailer is recycled footage, and the Image look just like Coralians. There's supposed to be a scene of Nirvash launching from the Gekko-go, but with its SOF colors from the Eureka flashback episode. Doesn't sound particularly amazing so far. :/

Oh and the theme song for the movie is going to be "Space Rock" by the band iLL.
Old 2009-02-15, 03:45   Link #78
Matt122005

Thanks for the info. Wish I could see the trailer though....

-Matt
Matt122005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-15, 17:18   Link #79
duckroll
綺羅星★!

We'll get to see the trailer eventually imo. Either they put it up when the full site opens for the movie (should be soon), or we will get a cam trailer on youtube next month when it's shown at Tokyo Anime Fair.

There are a two upcoming dates to watch out for:

28th Feb - The Yubari International Fantastic Film Festival at Hokkaido will hold a special Eureka Seven event at 5pm. They will be showing exclusive footage from the movie, as well as a memorial sequence of scenes from the TV series. We should get a bit more news from the movie after that event from fans that do attend it. ( http://yubarifanta.com/views.php?id=330 )

18th Mar - Tokyo Anime Fair 2009 will run from the 18th to the 21st of March. It's already confirmed on their website that the movie will have a presence there. At the Bandai Namco Group booth, they'll be showing a running trailer of the movie. Since it's running at their booth, we should at least get a cam recorded trailer by then.
Old 2009-02-15, 18:13   Link #80
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
We'll get to see the trailer eventually imo. Either they put it up when the full site opens for the movie (should be soon), or we will get a cam trailer on youtube next month when it's shown at Tokyo Anime Fair.

There are a two upcoming dates to watch out for:

28th Feb - The Yubari International Fantastic Film Festival at Hokkaido will hold a special Eureka Seven event at 5pm. They will be showing exclusive footage from the movie, as well as a memorial sequence of scenes from the TV series. We should get a bit more news from the movie after that event from fans that do attend it. ( http://yubarifanta.com/views.php?id=330 )

18th Mar - Tokyo Anime Fair 2009 will run from the 18th to the 21st of March. It's already confirmed on their website that the movie will have a presence there. At the Bandai Namco Group booth, they'll be showing a running trailer of the movie. Since it's running at their booth, we should at least get a cam recorded trailer by then.
Yikes - I'm going to be in Tokyo then, coincidentally! Anyone been to this before?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote