AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-09-28, 23:14   Link #921
faervas

If you go back to the first episode they tell you it's Bummie who is the key. Something about "From the Sky Shall emerge a great King of Terror" Around about that time Bummie does what? Emerges from the sky. No big secret who was the key through out the story they were telling use all the information we needed to know. Bummie's come off as a worthless wuss real made me go Huh how are they going to make this all work?
faervas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 23:22   Link #922
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by faervas View Post
If you go back to the first episode they tell you it's Bummie who is the key. Something about "From the Sky Shall emerge a great King of Terror" Around about that time Bummie does what? Emerges from the sky. No big secret who was the key through out the story they were telling use all the information we needed to know. Bummie's come off as a worthless wuss real made me go Huh how are they going to make this all work?
That's why anime characters should watch more anime
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-29, 12:39   Link #923
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

The spoon that pierced the heavens.

I had to see how this anime ended despite not liking it. Oh well, better anime titles next season.
Old 2010-09-29, 14:12   Link #924
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genda View Post
Can't seem to figure out this father thing straight...

Spoiler for scene:

Sorry if my ideas are a little jumbled...

He merged with the restored timeline. The moment Junichiro left the bunker it was like he merged with the new timeline. The new and old 2012 Junichiros merged together. He got that sense of Deja Vu at the moment he would have stepped out of the bunker. The Junichiro of the saved timeline would only have vague memories of what happened.

Did you watch "The Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time?" It's a common element of time travel fiction, science fiction in general. Space time is like a piece of paper, you can't completely erase the past. There will be a ghost image. It's a theory that tries to explain the paranormal in esoteric terms. Deja Vu could be a vision of the previous iteration of a timeline... the ghost image or visions of a parallel world where events are not perfectly synchronized with our own.

Junichiro in the new 2012 experienced the ghost image of the timeline that was written over.

Fringe has a few episodes where this happens. One involves the death of one of the bald men and the other involves a time traveling scientist trying to prevent the death of his wife/girlfriend.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-01, 11:41   Link #925
klare

so thats how it end, an unsung hero take out all the much more advanced enemies (which we never even seen their faces) with spoon-binding skills

my way to sum up this show:
- first 2 eps of suspense and thriller
- many eps of X-File adventure in the middle
- 2 eps of Nanoha
- final eps of Saint Seiya (the super explosion of cosmo)

anyway, the process was fun and the chars are interesting
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 10:31   Link #926
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Finally watch last ep .

I enjoyed ep 1-9 until Rush events . Those 3 last episodes were dissapoint .

7/10 could have been better with more development . Timelapse / time travelling were confuse . Well , that was quite a good show with interesting characters + interactions .

So Maya became a shotacon
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 00:56   Link #927
OkamiNoKaze

Well saw the last episode, it was pretty good, it seems I guessed right about them getting the Key wrong last episode, however the circumstances were a bit of a twist. Poor Kozue, butt of a few jokes, the girl was in some way always out of it during all their adventures in which she was involved. Although kinda goofy, taking out the aliens with a spoon and some Telekinesis was pretty cool. It made me think of the "spoon" weapon from Final Fantasy 4, and it's one use instant max damage.
Old 2010-10-03, 21:06   Link #928
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Finally finished. Great series. Lot's of laughs and surprises as well. I give this series a 8/10. I wish the animation didn't skip out a little, but they did it with style (not eyes instead of crummy ones).

I prefer the concept that you can't change time myself. For example, you brake your leg before a big game which causes you to lose your scholarship which you believe messed up your life. So, you go back in time to prevent it, only to find out that you are the reason that you broke your leg.
Old 2010-10-04, 16:31   Link #929
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by faervas View Post
Didn't Maya point that out in the second episode? I couldn't sworn she was aware of the prophecy as well and that was one of her many accusations against him in the first episode.

So, finally finished it here as well and I really liked this show. I felt like it was stronger than Senko no Night Raid in both characterization and about the same in pacing (meaning, both needed more work there) but I found the overall plot more interesting than Senko's in the end. I'd love to have this one on DVD and I'd like to see more Anime no Chikara, just with more plotting out/better writing.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 17:18   Link #930
Edgewalker
Nani ?

Episodes 1-9 = Good
Episodes 10-12 = DERP. I would expect that shit from a poorly written fanfic created by some Tween Gaiaf#g from Gaia online. Not the original source.
Final ep = Passable

Mikaze being secretly evil was too obvious. But I guess they had to do something since otherwise it would have looked like LOL WE GUNNA MAKE A RANDUM CHARACTER BE TEH LORD OF ALL EVIL XD. Still they should have made Mikaze do a few good things and not just blatantly pull Bunmei away whenever he should have been doing something else. They also totally failed to develop the dark side of her character. No reason or motive is given for her actions other then "she's evil LOL". Very one dimensional. Did not impress.

Bunmei is worst male lead 2010.
Edgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 22:53   Link #931
An4rchy99
♥ Ophy~chan ♥

Quote:
Bunmei is worst male lead 2010
Was he that annoying?

Anyways the plot was terrible at the end... I haven't seen the manga for this... (is there one?) did they change the whole story at the end?
Old 2010-10-10, 22:59   Link #932
BarbecueSauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by An4rchy99 View Post
I haven't seen the manga for this... (is there one?) did they change the whole story at the end?
No manga since this is an original work.
BarbecueSauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 23:36   Link #933
Kakkou
Tch.

^Actually yes there is. Manga don't always come before an anime afterall, even original works tend to have adaptations into other media. =)
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-15, 05:25   Link #934
anyme

I think there is no key at the academy because the key is actually in the black mage and/or alien hand.
The academy is the gate for black mage to open hell's something and also use as a warp destination for alien (under the academy is hell , above is alien , where is Haruhi).

I don't think Bunmei is a key because in the end the young Bunmei is still alive and the world is not destroyed.
So Bunmei is like the door closer + lock. The world is secured.

ps. Or is that spoon is the key???
anyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-15, 08:53   Link #935
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Bunmei was the key. "Key" is only a metaphor, it can be anything and anyone.
Old 2010-10-15, 08:55   Link #936
Kafriel
Senior Guest

The whole key story is flawed: Maya took a pic of Mikaze x Bunmei and said she's the key, but later on they said that the act of Bunmei Jr. meeting his Abe Minoru self was in fact the key (kinda like the two masks thing they had done in the museum), so Maya's statement doesn't make sense. Then again, it does explain how he lost his powers and memory, but we have to assume by continuity that Bunmei spent the rest of his time with Maya, so the future never kidnapped him into becoming a time agent to save the past, thus erasing the "bad future" and the previous past...so it's like nothing ever happened except during the time within the dimensional rift
Overall it was average, maybe a bit above average, considering the show's focus was purely paranormal with the exception of episodes 1,2,11,12,13. The beginning and end were perhaps a bit too rough, but at least it feels complete.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 20:22   Link #937
Crisis
Rock on ^^

Man, just finished and am slightly confused.

-When adult Bunmei met his younger self, why didn't he run away the other direction? He instead goes and makes physical contact and aliens immediately come through the time-space rift!
-How the hell can destroying one alien cyborg with a spoon destroy the rest?
- In the future, it seems that Maya has married Bunmei. Does this mean that she sticks with the younger Bunmei until he reaches adulthood and then marries him ?

And, I wet my pants when Mikaze showed her evil self. I knew there was something wrong - no girl can be so nice and angelic but I thought she was taking advantage of him so that she and her shopkeeper colleagues could sell food in the school.

Cosplay at it's best Thread
Crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 20:29   Link #938
Crisis
Rock on ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Her body proportion isn't going to be the same, and that's what we wanna see.
Maya I believe is already at that grown-up age. Her assets won't bulge no more! In the future, her assets will instead dwindle away to nothingness!

Cosplay at it's best Thread
Crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 20:51   Link #939
fukarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
The whole key story is flawed: Maya took a pic of Mikaze x Bunmei and said she's the key, but later on they said that the act of Bunmei Jr. meeting his Abe Minoru self was in fact the key (kinda like the two masks thing they had done in the museum), so Maya's statement doesn't make sense. Then again, it does explain how he lost his powers and memory, but we have to assume by continuity that Bunmei spent the rest of his time with Maya, so the future never kidnapped him into becoming a time agent to save the past, thus erasing the "bad future" and the previous past...so it's like nothing ever happened except during the time within the dimensional rift
Overall it was average, maybe a bit above average, considering the show's focus was purely paranormal with the exception of episodes 1,2,11,12,13. The beginning and end were perhaps a bit too rough, but at least it feels complete.
All time travel story is flawed, whether the parallel universe version (DBZ) or future can be changed version (Back to the future and Occult Gakuin)

The act of Bunmei Jr meeting Sr is the key. The pic of Mikaze x Bunmei shows a bright future is because Maya is thinking about "destroying everything in the pic". Maya is proved wrong afterwards that Mikaze is not the key but she didn't know it at that time.
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-27, 22:29   Link #940
The Bloodlust Kid
Needs a better screenname

Send a message via AIM to The Bloodlust Kid
Just finished this series. Liked it, rather disappointed that it's so short. A while back, I requested an X-Files anime and this is the closest thing I was asking for.

Like everybody else, I was a bit iffy about the last few episodes. Especially the time traveling aspect.
The Bloodlust Kid is offline   Reply With Quote