AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2013-09-04, 16:21   Link #341
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
How IB works is pretty clear to us now, it returns things to a natural state.
The better question would be, what is the current setting of the "basis of the world" that IB is resetting the things in to.

From the look of things, an Aeonic shift requires a rewrite on the settings of the "basis of the world", thus completely changing the definition on what is natural.
Yeah, that was one of the earliest theories as to what Aleister's Plan entails, and what role does IB and IT play in it.

Since the world has undergone several aeonic shifts already, from Isis to Osiris, and currently moving towards Horus, it was theorized that IB can be ''updated'', meaning a new reference point can be added or the current reference point changed, providing a new sort of basis to which supernatural is changed back to. It seems to be supported by the fact that, if IB couldn't be updated, the world would go all way back to Isis.

The Thing inside that IB (IT) was guessed to be the ''beast like guardian'' sealed inside to guard the ''reference point library'' which IB ''reads the data'' from.

So maybe Crowley wants to change the "value" to advance his plan so he will not be hindered by IB's power, because by changing the "base" reference point, it could be altered so that his ''Artificial Heaven'', or whatever distortion he is planning, becomes natural, thus un(?)negatable.
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 00:01   Link #342
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer View Post
in my delirium I always imagine Aogami saving Touma of some struggle, appearing out of nowhere and soon after joined forces to destroy the threat. something like this (not so much) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlG3hzCuNj0

Imagine more like this ...Aogami saves Touma ( and Lolis)vs a random Kihara & henchmen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glsUlacDN7Q
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 03:41   Link #343
zaeraal

OK people, the previous spoileres were FAKE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by js06
NT8 spoilers from the usual guy are here:
http://pastebin.com/aFpDicPd

Looks like the other spoilers were fake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by new spoilers
After meeting up with Mikoto, Touma and the others take the bus to District 23
While they wait, Lessar says she wants to buy a swimsuit at a duty-free store, so they go to the swimsuit shop
Lessar and Birdway want a swimsuit because they plan to hide out on a tropical island to escape an attack from the Anglicans after everything is over
Lessar drags Touma behind the dressing room and makes him choose between a black wired bikini and a white skeleton one piece
Touma tries to cleverly escape this dilemma, but Index, Mikoto, and Birdway overhear it

Ollerus predicts Sargasso's location from Marian's memo pad and informs the Anglicans
Elizard sends Knight Leader, Carissa, and Acqua to a trash gathering spot near an oil rig in the North Sea
Carissa and the others arrive in a mobile fortress, bomb the place, and go in. An old man calling himself Loki appears and says he had predicted there was a traitor among them, used a spell called Vķšópnir's Territory, and put fall information into Marian's memo pad
Carissa receives a report that the place is empty and the entire place blows up

Touma and the others run into Kumokawa Maria while looking for somewhere to eat
She and Touma discuss the events of Baggage City, the topic turns to Bersi, and Birdway receives word of Sargasso being located
They prepare to leave on the supersonic jet, but they receive word from Mark Space that Sargasso is actually in the center of Tokyo Bay
Birdway predicts the battle will take place across Tokyo and Maria comes with because Kagun will be there

As they fly above Tokyo, something like a dragon flies by and splits the plane in two with its wing. Touma and the others are thrown out at 300 meters up
Touma tries to land with a parachute he grabbed, but the dragon attacks again and he crash lands in a half-built building. The dragon lands on Tokyo Sky Tower
Mikoto grabs Index as they fall and uses magnetism to land on a train station. She begins jumping from building to building while holding Index
She sees AC fighters and Hręsvelgr fighting
Birdway, Lessar, and Maria land in Kabukicho, Gremlin destroys some roads, and they head for Sargasso threw the sewers
They are attacked by a human-shaped flame several times, but defeat it and move on
Shiina and Misuzu are in a fitness club in the city and they record a message saying they are fine on a disaster message service

A pregnant woman calling herself Freyja contacts Gremlin magicians and spiritual items on a bridge in Ichigaya
The flame people (Muspell) and the dragon thing (Nidhogg) are Freyja’s spells
Freyja begins moving to stop those who are destroying the Muspell the most
Touma leaves the half-built building, realizes he can use the subway tunnels to travel
After leaving the tunnel, Freyja appears before him
She uses a spiritual item called Brķsingamen to create horse and bird monsters which attack Touma
When Freyja says she has no skill in magic and is making is the child inside her use it instead, Touma gets angry

The Japanese government can’t function and the US can’t contact AC, so Roberto decides to interfere. Russia agrees and sends out fighters
As the Russian fighters fly across the Sea of Japan, a boy naming himself Jormungand appears and tries to destroy the fighters, but Stiyl stops him and begins fighting the boy
A girl calling herself Hel attacks the supply fleet crossing the Pacific, but Brunhild and Silvia stop her and they fight
A young man calling himself Fenrir destroyes a NORAD base in Alaska and ends up fighting Oriana who was sent to protect it
Kakine’s organs were created into a parallel processing device by einherjar Kagun. Kakine creates a body out of Dark Mater, regains a sense of self, and tries to take over Sargasso, but Othinus compresses him into the size of volleyball and uses him as a part for Gungnir
Ollerus sees the AC fighters that avoided Hręsvelgr approaching, realizes they cannot stop the creation of Gungnir and sends Mökkurkalfe after them

Touma negates Freyja’s monsters with IB, but she can create them too fast for him to keep up. She creates a giant boar that charges at him. He tries to negate it, but is blown away by the wind it creates
He almost falls off the train they are on, but grabs on and barely avoids falling. Freyja looks down to see where he is, but he throws his coat over her face
He uses that chance to climb up and tries to destroy her spiritual item, but an angry shout of “don’t touch my mother” followed by a blow to the solar plexus stops him
He realizes the fetus was the real Freyja the entire time

To save her mother’s life, Freyja had taken control of her body and the mother’s sense of self had thinned and eventually vanished. She says removing the fetus will kill the mother
Freyja calls in Nidhogg Vol.2 which had been hidden in the train the entire time
Touma almost falls from the train, but Mikoto saves him
He dropped his phone and the message from their mothers plays by coincidence. Hearing that, Touma decides to save Freyja and the mother and asks Index and Mikoto for help. They say to leave it to them

Mikoto destroys Nidhogg Vol.2 in a single blow. Freyja is shocked and tries to create more monsters, but Index interferes with Spell Intercept
Touma tells Index to analyze the Freyja’s magic and it turns out to be based on a charm for mothers to give birth to healthy children
Freyja asks for Othinus’s help, but instead of relying on a magic god’s power, Touma convinces her to use Index’s knowledge to rewrite the spell and return control to the mother
Freyja can no longer trust anyone because of the constant malice turned toward her, so she continues to attack, but Touma negates the attacks with IB and Index finishes the analysis and rewrites the spell. Freyja passes out

They eventually meet up with Birdway and the others who are travelling by rubber boat on a river
Nidhogg attacks them, but Kagun shows up and defeats it
Kagun helped them because a semiconductor program embedded in the back of his neck activated. Before his death, he set it up to activate in the off chance his corpse was controlled after death to make him do things he would not want to do
Lagun leaves and Maria follows him with the unconscious Freyja

Ollerus destroys the heart of Mökkurkalfe, blows up Mjolnir, destroys the area Marian is in, and confronts Othinus
After exchanging hundreds of millions of explosions, fires a fairy spell (spear of light) at Othinus, but Othinus had tricked him and Othinus was actually the one who had fired it at him
Ollerus is struck and Othinus laughs, but Fiamma appears behind her and fires a spear of light into her heart
The fairy spell takes all the infinite possibilities from a magic god and drags them down to the realm of a human
Despite no longer being able to use Gungnir, Othinus continues to smile. Ollerus is confused and Othinus says she merely needed to reach either 100% success or 100% failure and Ollerus had given her the latter
Ollerus and Fiamma attack her

Touma and the others head to Sargasso on the rubber boat
Mökkurkalfe opposes them, but it crumbles because Ollerus destroyed its heart
As they arrive on Sargasso, Othinus tosses Ollerus down before Touma. (He may or may not be dead)
Othinus tells Touma he didn’t make it in time. He asks if she completed Gungnir. She says Marian’s Gungnir construction plan failed, but she can make it on her own. Touma is left standing in a daze when he realizes Gremlin’s actions in Hawaii, Baggage City, and AC were ultimately meaningless
Othinus pierces the eye socket below her eyepatch and Gungnir appears. Once it fully appears, Othinus’s face returns to its original form. Kamijou is dumbfounded as he looks at it
Othinus announces she is no longer a mere magic god and that she will destroy the world
Kamijou returns to his senses, tries to stop Othinus, doesn’t make it in time, and then Gungnir destroys everything just as she announced. (A completely black two-page spread follows)
Damn, why the Dragon had to be a fake one, I want to see a real one..
And I think I liked the fake ones more.
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 04:11   Link #344
Marina2

Wow, all of those names from norse mythology...I should have expected it.

The ending sounds hopeless......
Old 2013-09-05, 04:13   Link #345
clannadkanon

Wow... Maria showed up! (But with Kagun here.... no chance for Touma huh)

And STIYL! he's still alive?? (And here I thought he'll be left behind for some more volumes)

And Touma being shocked to see the identity of Othinus. (What if it's Aogami wanting to cosplay as a little girl?!)

More characters from Norse showed up which is nice and Index got some action time too. (There's no spell spam from her though)

All in all, quite interesting!!
clannadkanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 04:17   Link #346
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by clannadkanon View Post
Wow... Maria showed up! (But with Kagun here.... no chance for Touma huh)

And STIYL! he's still alive?? (And here I thought he'll be left behind for some more volumes)

And Touma being shocked to see the identity of Othinus. (What if it's Aogami wanting to cosplay as a little girl?!)

More characters from Norse showed up which is nice and Index got some action time too. (There's no spell spam from her though)

All in all, quite interesting!!
Yes! Stiyl is back! And I thought he remain as Laura's lackey since then.

Say, will there be Thor vs Loki?
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 04:23   Link #347
clannadkanon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
Yes! Stiyl is back! And I thought he remain as Laura's lackey since then.

Say, will there be Thor vs Loki?
Well I would sure like to see that! But nothing was written there of that or maybe it's a surprise? It could even be put on the next volume perhaps.
Old 2013-09-05, 05:17   Link #348
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by new spoilers
He realizes the fetus was the real Freyja the entire time
Sounds like your normal Kamachi twist.

So Sargasso is in Tokyo Bay, what's the possibility of their hideout being a boat with a 24/7 supermarket in walking distance?
Old 2013-09-05, 05:43   Link #349
R.LocK
My turn

...Mind=Blown.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 05:52   Link #350
OverNOut
The Obsever

Wow, this unexpected news. The previous spoiler which cause quite a lot of discussion were fake, is this the first time this has happened?

The real spoiler is so much better than the fake one. Looks like Misaka wasn't left behind this time. Yay, Loki finally appears along with his children. Touma teams up with Misaka and Index (finally).

So many exciting things are happening. This volume is gonna be epic and maybe the best one so far plus that cliffhanger at the end there..... no words can be used for that.

Last edited by OverNOut; 2013-09-05 at 06:23.
OverNOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 05:54   Link #351
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Game Over. User Wins.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 06:05   Link #352
Baron-Zara

Holy Shit!!

What the hell is happening here?!

This really seems damn awesome!

All those characters reappearing like Acqua, Maria, Fiamma, Stiyl,....etc
This definitely seems to be epic.

Mikoto and Index working together? ^^

Also quite a lot of Norse names like Jormungand...etc Awesome!!

So Ollerus wasn't split into a million pieces? So seems he still has a chance to live ^^

Dat ending seems damn dark

I really wonder what will happen nxt!

I feel bad for Haimura-san XD...Illustrating this volume will be difficult as hell XD
But I really can't wait to see these illustrations
Old 2013-09-05, 06:11   Link #353
clannadkanon

Err, wait wait wait.

It says the last thing was a two page black out right? Does that mean Touma's vision or everything? Because if may just only be Touma's third death or something
Old 2013-09-05, 06:25   Link #354
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

I am...conflicted, to say the least.

The new spoilers introduce new material the old spoilers shoud have adressed (the return of Stiyl after many volumes, Kihara Kagun, Loki's introduction), but it also eliminated most of the interesting stuff of the old spoilers (the 9 days/9 nights synch, Othinus' explanation of the world's distortion, Aleister wanting to use GREMLIN to jumpstart his plan again, hints of a Kakine vs. Kakine battle). On one hand, I am happy to see the return of old characters such as Carissa, Knight Leader, Acqua (is he married yet?lol), Stiyl, Fiamma (finally), Kumokawa Maria, and the importance of Index this volume, but on the other, the old spoilers had a certain apocalyptic feel to them that just made me want to read as soon as possible. Now, I don't quite feel the same, besides the Downer Ending, and I'm completely lost as to what Othinus' plan was since the beginning.

Also, the previous spoilers made it seems like it would be a three novels arc, now it looks it could be solved in 2 volumes. Disappointment on this, too.

Like I said, nice to see Index making her comeback after getting relegated to the background since NT1. Also good to see Stiyl too, as well as Fiamma who we had no clue as to what he was up to in NT6. And no ''Touma abandons Mikoto'' routine this time, so are you happy now, Kamikoto fans?

The idea of a Magician fetus is...strange to say the least, wonder how Kamachi is going to pull it off. Btw, Loki, Nidhogg, Hel, Fenrir, Muspel, Hręsvelgr, and Jormungand? Sounds like Ragnarok to me...

But Tokyo Bay, seriously? Once again, I would really have preferred GREMLIN's base to be in the Bermuda Triangle.

In the end, I hope both spoilers are somewhat false, and that they actually merge so the volume contains both of it.

And yet again, Touma has no luck with planes, such misfortune

Quote:
It says the last thing was a two page black out right? Does that mean Touma's vision or everything? Because if may just only be Touma's third death or something
The two page blackout only screams ''BAD END'' to me, and is probably used for dramatic effect, not related to Touma's vision or a ''third death''.
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 06:45   Link #355
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Wow, to think I have almost missed this

This is definitely all kinds of epic, and certainly worthy as a follow up to WWIII.

If you think about it, it is technically a World War.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 07:30   Link #356
cleed

Quote:
(a completely black two-page spread follows)
holy shit!!!111
cleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 07:43   Link #357
cleed

Quote:
Err, wait wait wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
The two page blackout only screams ''BAD END'' to me, and is probably used for dramatic effect, not related to Touma's vision or a ''third death''.
I'm thinking of it being more of an anticlimactic setup for next volume. Something along The lines of Touma continuing with his everyday fukou da life and then some sort of flash back of how Accelerator came in at the end and saved them or something.
cleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 07:45   Link #358
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

I wonder why a Russian fighters were dispatched?

Speaking of which, it looks like there are mages trying to create another World War, but the Necessarius members prevent them. Probably they weren't satisfied with the outcome of WWIII. Are they affiliated with God's Right Seat (except Acqua, who has defected from it)?

I imagine Loki would be similar to the one from Marvel's Thor series. He could be the arc villain here.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 07:55   Link #359
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I wonder why a Russian fighters were dispatched?
Need a reason to bring in the hot female Russian pilot from WWIII

Quote:
I
I imagine Loki would be similar to the one from Marvel's Thor series. He could be the arc villain here.
Nah, this Loki doesn't seem to be as good as Kamachi's other Loki from that other Norse story he wrote. Feels more like a lackey through and through.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 07:58   Link #360
Flames

Wow if those are the real spoilers then things have gotten very serious. I'm happy to see side characters returning again. I do wonder though who the hell is Othinus identity that made Touma be shocked for a bit and why did Touma just waste his time talking when he could use that time to something to stop her.
Flames is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
complete magic god, end of the world, magic god, off-screen fights, othinus