AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-03-27, 18:45   Link #3441
deadite

I always thought they would resolve the Sea Slug and Manaka and Tsumugu's convo but never expected it to be the same time?
deadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 18:49   Link #3442
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I really really hope you're right and that they're trying to mislead us with that preview. The girl could be Ojoshi instead of Miuna.
I also think they are misleading us. That girl could be Miuna, but I'm leaning toward being the Ojoshi during a flashback from Uroko (to close his character arc, that would make sense). So don't give up yet

And I really can't see Miuna truly be taken as sacrifice. It wouldn't make sense. She is the one together with Sayu who had less to do with the first ceremony, so it would be unfair, for her, for her father and for Akari and Hikari. If anything the sea-god should take someone who was actively involved with the first one. At this point Hikari or Tsumugu, or both. If we' follow a sort of geometry logic, Hikari would be the most likely. Both the girls who loved him got caught by the sea-god so, he could sacrifice himself. What would it accomplish? Nothing more than, well, if they can't be all happy in the Hikari/Miuna/Manaka triangle, better nobody will. But again, I don't even see what could it be the meaning of it, or of any sacrifice, as a closure of this story.

Anyways I still think/hope that the "rule" of leave for gain something will work out not physically speaking, but more in a coming-of-age sense, like having the characters move on finally, but I don't know who should move on at this point, except the sea-god himself.

About that, one thing for sure, this new ceremony was meaningful surely to prove how close the land people got to the sea dwellers. They set it up so quickly surely for time-saving reasons, but even because everyone worked on it with passion. Hikari told something about adults also having worked on it. We got even chanters this time on the boats. Everyone worked together.

On a side note, the pendant is descending and we have Miuna and Tsumugu that earned ena from Manaka and are now at the bottom of the sea, what will happen if/when she'll regain her feelings? I mean, if we consider these events like a sort of anomaly, once the anomaly will be resolved things could / should come back to the way they were. Or not.

And yea, props to Kaname

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.

Last edited by Arya; 2014-03-27 at 19:07.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 19:10   Link #3443
deadite

Yeah, I bet it's a red herring. Miuna will be saved from hibernation. I'm smelling the Hikari becomes one with the Sea God just around the corner.
Old 2014-03-27, 19:12   Link #3444
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by mweloo View Post
To be fair, they had the sense to not use a human sacrifice this time- they went along with the wooden doll, remember? And it's been implied that people have using wooden dolls for the Ofunehiki for years without anything happening. But from their perspective, there was little else they could have done... in terms of safety precautions or in terms of solving Manaka's problem and delaying the apocalypse. They could have not involved the girls at all... but then the Sea God would have been furious that they weren't doing the ceremony properly, and were disrespecting him. And they didn’t them seem to have any festivals or anything that involved the Land-dwellers appealing to the Sea God- because it wasn’t just for Manaka, but for the long-term fate of the surface as well. It was either they do that or they do nothing at all, and face the imminent apocalypse and have Manaka live, robbed of the ability to love. And the fact that Uroko seemed more sincere in his offer to participate this time around (I always detected a tone of underlying mockery in the first half) probably bolstered their confidence a bit. He is a scale of the Sea God, after all.
A lose-lose situation, really, which makes it even more tragic.
Most things can be explained if you put enough thought into. I just wished the story showed them actually thinking about it. As it stands, the whole possibility (and eventual inevitability) of it going wrong just felt like they ignored one massive elephant in the room.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 19:27   Link #3445
Zangor17

i never really got the feeling that Hikari would ever do anything like that. its probably gonna be something to do with the pendant and that Ojoshi that allows Miuna to avoid the fate shes in right now. either way i dont see too tragic of an ending.
Zangor17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 19:27   Link #3446
deadite

Tsumugu's words to Miuna.. weren't those Manaka's lines in PV2?
Old 2014-03-27, 23:48   Link #3447
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Well that went how most of us predicted. Lets get our bingo dabbers everyone!
1. Ofunehiki second round failed exactly like the first. CHECK
2. Miuna sacrifice. CHJECK

I enjoyed that Chisaki sort of confessed to Tsumugu, thanks to Kaname. That was a bit anti climatic how that scene played out, but it was cute none the less. But look at that, Kaname stepping it up there. I feel there must be some connection to Uroko and Miuna coming up, there has to be. I wonder how they will wrap this up. After this I'm not sure where they will go. I do not sense another time skip unless it is in the last 5 minutes.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-28, 05:26   Link #3448
kido22

hikari should have feelings of guilt for what happened to Miuna.
he will live happy, against a Miuna suffering.
kido22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-28, 08:27   Link #3449
EroKing

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Old 2014-03-28, 13:22   Link #3450
bastek66

We all knew this will happen.
There is still ojoshi-sama with pendant falling into graveyard, picture from preview doesn't have pillars and looks like far into future, but that also may mean that girl isn't Miuna but girl from stories.

Also Tsumugu is smooth operator.

Last edited by bastek66; 2014-03-28 at 13:34.
bastek66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-28, 15:01   Link #3451
mirahh

There's not much discussion going on right now, which I find odd since we're this close to the ending. Any predictions for the next episode? Do you think there will be another timeskip? The preview certainly hinted at it, and I suspect we're finally going to see Hikari, Kaname, and Manaka as adults.

Also, do you think Hikari and Manaka got together, or did their guilt prevent that from happening (because they will, without doubt, feel guilty about Miuna's sacrifice). Finally, do you think Miuna will be able to find happiness in the end?
mirahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-28, 17:26   Link #3452
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well nothing surprising in this episode. Maybe a bit that Tsumugu and Chisaki had a chat, but in a sense it's not completely resolved on that front. For good or bad Chisaki just won't let herself be happy unless everyone is happy. So the only way they are giving us a happy Chisaki is if they save the world .

I'm sure somehow they'll get Miuna out of there. No way they go back up to the surface and just say "oh well." Hikari isn't going to yet again let a girl who loves him sacrifice herself. Just head back up and come down with some torpedoes or something, that'll take care of any sea god barrier . Or it might blow up Miuna....maybe we can save that option for last .

After all as things stand nothing is really resolved. Just swapped one girl for another. And really it's just the same kind of situation as they've always had. The girl sent down there is in love with someone else and eventually the sea god will have to just send her back, so why bother?

As to how they resolve the one-sided situation for Miuna....who knows. Maybe she ends up with Uroko or something. The scale of the shoulder of the sea god deserves a bit of happiness I guess .

Considering what happened last time wouldn't it have been a good idea to have some kind of preparation for heavy waves and people going overboard? Not like this chaos didn't happen last time.
Old 2014-03-28, 19:06   Link #3453
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirahh View Post
There's not much discussion going on right now, which I find odd since we're this close to the ending. Any predictions for the next episode? Do you think there will be another timeskip? The preview certainly hinted at it, and I suspect we're finally going to see Hikari, Kaname, and Manaka as adults.

Also, do you think Hikari and Manaka got together, or did their guilt prevent that from happening (because they will, without doubt, feel guilty about Miuna's sacrifice). Finally, do you think Miuna will be able to find happiness in the end?
The pairings that was the last discussion material has settled the couples. No need to discuss much besides the end of the show.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-28, 21:47   Link #3454
Miraluka
Banned

^Totally.

Meanwhile in the internet....

Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-28, 22:48   Link #3455
Fruits Basket Fan

I had the feeling this was going to happen....but not like this!

Poor Miuna.....and I do not like HikarixMiuna.

Kind of made me happy he said he loves Manaka in front of her face!

Quote:

Manaka and Hikari's feelings pre dated this episode.

They may both be brooding over Miuna and be blaming themselves (Hikari feeling bad that she fell for him while Manaka feeling awful for Miuna taking her place) for what happened and after it is all said and done: their feelings for each other will reach out to each other and find comfort.

That is assuming they do not save Miuna from hibernating.

Her name means beautiful sea in kanji and thus she may have come to represent it, unfortunately. Plus, the preview.

Although if they do save her, either she gladly accepts HikarixManaka and or goes out with that other guy (he may have gotten over it since he has not shown concern in this episode).
Fruits Basket Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-28, 22:48   Link #3456
TimeSkip

Replacing Manaka with either Miuna or the doll should only return things back to how they were while Manaka was the sacrifice.

Like Uroko said, it was at equilibrium meaning not getting worse. The sea should still be frozen and the sea people should still hibernate.

But the show is ending, so I don't expect anymore twists.
TimeSkip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-28, 22:58   Link #3457
Fruits Basket Fan

I think this was the real sacrifice since Miuna is fully accepting this fate despite loving Hikari (probably because she knows her love is unrequited).

Plus, there was a more grand reaction from the sea when Miuna was taken (illuminated sea where even Uroko was amazed) and how Hikari could not break the barrier where he did for Manaka (because Manaka would not accept this fate because she wanted to be with Hikari and even reacted to his voice by trying to wake herself up).
Old 2014-03-28, 23:20   Link #3458
TimeSkip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruits Basket Fan View Post
I think this was the real sacrifice since Miuna is fully accepting this fate despite loving Hikari (probably because she knows her love is unrequited).

Plus, there was a more grand reaction from the sea when Miuna was taken (illuminated sea where even Uroko was amazed) and how Hikari could not break the barrier where he did for Manaka (because Manaka would not accept this fate because she wanted to be with Hikari and even reacted to his voice by trying to wake herself up).
Even if she knows her love is unrequited, it doesn't mean she stops loving Hikari. She is no different than the the first sacrifice or Manaka.

Plus, there is no way Miuna is fully accepting this fate, and deep down she would regret leaving her family, her friends, and her future behind. If she doesn't care about all those and just wants to be down in this cold and dark pit, I'll call it bs.

As for the doll, the stone keeps screaming "I love hii-kun". It's no different than real Manaka. So both Miuna and the doll cannot be a real sacrifice.

Last edited by TimeSkip; 2014-03-28 at 23:31.
TimeSkip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-28, 23:43   Link #3459
Fruits Basket Fan

I did say it was acceptance that was the difference.

Uroko hinted that Manaka lost her ena as a price for not accepting being the sacrifice.

Whereas Miuna knows her love is unrequited and it means Manaka does not have to go through this and make Hikari sad. She accepted this because of her love for Hikari if it means Manaka will not be separated from him and partly after finding out how Manaka feels for Hikari.

Love makes people do and accept stupid things, sadly.

And the necklace is coming down which was meant to fool the Sea God that Manaka has returned and now that the bait (Miuna) is in the trap and thus the feelings (necklace) is near the area, it may have succeded into fooling him sadly.

At least for the time being.
Old 2014-03-29, 02:08   Link #3460
Legendzerox

Quote:

Well I hope the preview to the last episode was just a part of that old story and they rescue Miuna. I don't even care if Miuna gets Hikari, I just want her outta there so she can grow up and be happy with her friends. I swear to god if there is a time skip, its gonna really break the series for me. Not a 1/10 break, more likie 8/10.
Legendzerox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, harem, love polygon, mari okada, p.a. works, romance, seinen