AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2014-04-03, 02:54   Link #61
Jehuty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihaxlikenoob View Post
The reincarnation thing deal with Madara being present along with Sasuke is wierd.

Everyone remember Xenogears? How Grahf who is a part of Lacan is actually a past life of the protagonist Fei? I think the situation with Madara and Sasuke might be something like that.

Madara and Sasuke may have split into their own separate entities, but maybe are still inexorably linked somehow; because they still have Indra's chakra.
<3 Xenogears. Favorite game of all time.

It's interesting that you bring up Grahf. He found Zohar so he was able to continue on. A source of great power.

Madara found Rinnegan, and with it the Gedo Mazo (Gear!) which allowed him to live on. Rinnegan is pretty much Zohar in that they are supposed to represent a higher existence.

The parallels between the two are uncanny.
Old 2014-04-03, 03:55   Link #62
Chosen_Hero

Read the chapter... so I think Kishimoto watched the matrix a little too much or he's been taking lessons from Aquarion EVOL in how to do asspulls, thank god I don't have to spend money to read this trainwreck.
Old 2014-04-03, 06:53   Link #63
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruits Basket Fan View Post
Why using Wikipedia which has been known to edit?

It is generally understood that when one is under Oedipus complex, it means the person is a momma's boy or wishes to be with someone who reminds him of his mother.

If Naruto wanted to bang his mother for real, it would be called incest.
Naruto doesn't have Oedipus complex. Since he liked/loved Sakura for years before meeting his mother for the first time.

And he also wasn't/isn't attracted to Kushina in "that" way.
Old 2014-04-03, 07:45   Link #64
JustRob

So Neo Naruto must stop the Agents Madara from using the Matrix Infinite Tsukuyomi to put everyone in an artificial world, and if that happens the Power Plant Tsukuyomi Tree will be powered by humans.
Old 2014-04-03, 10:28   Link #65
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunarskylar View Post
Something i'm surprised hasn't been brought up is the whole Sun and Moon motif going on here, and what's that supposed to represent.

rikudo's staff has both sides that madara showed, and obito showed, and clearly one side is supposed to represent the sun (obito's) while madara has the moon. Now the moon gets its energy from the sun, which would make the sun the strong element or the stronger half, and the moon would be the one that relies on others? Kinda like whole motif of Indra's lineage wanting power, but Ashura relies on others for strength (although then Madara shouldn't have the moon staff but meh who knows)

This is interesting to me because Sasuke is getting the staff that could be seen to rely on people, while naruto is getting the side that is power based. And so they'll have the best of both worlds, because it's all about unity?

I feel like it goes back to the priest who was a follower of the rikudo, who had the heart on one hand and accept on the other, and I'm sure there's alot more cultural references that could explain this better
I thought about it and considered bringing it up but figured no one cared
We have to keep in mind that this sun/moon stuff is more closer to yin/yang. A balance. Im less inclined to agree that the sun is suppose to be more powerful in this scenario. I mentioned a few threads ago Madara's initial interpretation of the stone tablet was spot on and the actual meaning that was intended. Cooperation is the real answer. The sage messed when he chose ashura. He should have selected both. He actually alluded to that. As far as your meaning of the staff, I think you might have it reversed. The sun side is naruto/ashura side and the moon side is the sasuke indra side which is why madara has the moon version. Whats interesting but only retrospectively is that obito has the sun side of the staff which lines up with him never having resolve to go about this thing the way he was doing it.
Just my thoughts. Not saying im right.

Also madara is looking less deserving of title final villain. Guy is working him over pretty good. I think it is likely that the power of Kaguya is gonna have to reenter the manga. That could mean madara is due for another upgrade, some version of kaguya will make an appearance, or that fruit blossoms and orochimaru takes a bite (lol this story of a tree, a woman, and a fruit seems to be missing a serpent) either way…....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
Ps. This is likely the coincidental time in history where the tree sprouts another one of those fruits. Which makes madara raditz and stronger saiyans are on the way. (Just let me dream
.....this dream might just come true
Old 2014-04-03, 10:29   Link #66
Fruits Basket Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
Naruto doesn't have Oedipus complex. Since he liked/loved Sakura for years before meeting his mother for the first time.

And he also wasn't/isn't attracted to Kushina in "that" way.
Well, duh.

But it proves my point he went gaagaa over her beauty because she is his mom and has a mommy complex.

That is why I said subconsciously because there are men (Kishi) who believe or unconsciously seek out women which remind them of their mothers (they like scary women, apparently).

Last edited by Fruits Basket Fan; 2014-04-03 at 10:32. Reason: Men sc
Fruits Basket Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-03, 10:50   Link #67
HasuMasu
*Artist

Isn't it that subconsciously people go for people who somewhat resemble their mom or dad, and if your mom or dad had you late you would more likely be open to older men or women.
http://www.livescience.com/1611-women-prefer-men-dad.html
Rather than an exception I'd have thought this was the rule.

Last edited by HasuMasu; 2014-04-03 at 11:01.
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-03, 12:02   Link #68
Kumagawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Recessive gene, it's like how people can have children who are albino or with downs without anyone within recent family history having any of the traits.

Anyway it looks like Kishi didn't Retcon sharigan's origin afterall, that it being an offspring of the Byakugan being true. So this means the Byakugan is also the parent eye of the Rinnengan. Since it was Byakugan > Rinnengan > Sharingan.
? The sage of six paths mother had both Byakugan and Sharingan while the Sage had the Rinnegan.
Kumagawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-03, 12:14   Link #69
milan kyuubi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Well, duh.

But it proves my point he went gaagaa over her beauty because she is his mom and has a mommy complex.

That is why I said subconsciously because there are men (Kishi) who believe or unconsciously seek out women which remind them of their mothers (they like scary women, apparently).
Naruto complementing on Kushina is not an act of Oedipus complex!

1. Naruto wasn't sexually attracted to Kushina.
2. Naruto likes/loved Sakura years before meeting his mom.

Naruto does not have an Oedipus complex.

And there is no evidence that Kishi was going for Oedipus complex (as you said in the last part of your post). Please provide a link for this?
Old 2014-04-03, 12:44   Link #70
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumagawa View Post
? The sage of six paths mother had both Byakugan and Sharingan while the Sage had the Rinnegan.
She had Byakugan which also possessed the strengths of the sharigan + byakugan, you can tell just from looking at her, she has pure white eyes.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-03, 12:47   Link #71
milan kyuubi
*Graphic Designer

Based on my observation. Neither the rinnegan nor sharingan originated from byakugan.

Kaguya had byakugan before eating the fruit. But she gain the third eye (on her forehead) after eating the fruit. Does gaining the Juubi eye on her forehead (rinnegan and sharingan). So both the rinnegan and sharingan originated from shinju/juubi.
Old 2014-04-03, 12:52   Link #72
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Based on my observation. Neither the rinnegan nor sharingan originated from byakugan.

Kaguya had byakugan before eating the fruit. But she gain the third eye (on her forehead) after eating the fruit. Does gaining the Juubi eye on her forehead (rinnegan and sharingan). So both the rinnegan and sharingan originated from shinju/juubi.
That wouldn't make sense for her to have the Byakugan before eating the fruit, considering Chakra didn't even exist until she ate the fruit.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-03, 12:58   Link #73
milan kyuubi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
That wouldn't make sense for her to have the Byakugan before eating the fruit, considering Chakra didn't even exist until she ate the fruit.
We saw Kaguya before she ate the fruit. She didn't have the third (juubi eye) then. But it looked like she already had byakugan before eating fruit. Since her eyes didn't change after eating it.
And for all we know Kaguya might be special. Meaning maybe she had chakra before everyone else. Her origins are clearly a mystery. As Kishi had Hogo avoiding the answer of where she came from.
Old 2014-04-03, 13:15   Link #74
Fruits Basket Fan

Quote:
Naruto complementing on Kushina is not an act of Oedipus complex!

1. Naruto wasn't sexually attracted to Kushina.
2. Naruto likes/loved Sakura years before meeting his mom.

Naruto does not have an Oedipus complex.

And there is no evidence that Kishi was going for Oedipus complex (as you said in the last part of your post). Please provide a link for this?
Dude, having an Oedipus complex does not mean he wants to really bang his mom!

It is an expression that he is very much a momma's boy and wants a girl to be like his mother (subconciously at least, which may explain why he puts up with Sakura's temper).

Kushina told a baby Naruto to find someone like that (maybe his mind picked it up?) LOL

For you, you may not have to worry since Sakura unfortunately shares some of those qualities.

Kishi seems to like Oedipus complexes since his manga Mario had the main hero fall in love with a woman who reminded him of his mother.
Old 2014-04-03, 13:26   Link #75
milan kyuubi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
It is an expression that he is very much a momma's boy and wants a girl to be like his mother (subconciously at least, which may explain why he puts up with Sakura's temper).
But how can he want a girl like his own mother. When he didn't even know his mother? And he already loved Sakura before meeting his mom.
Old 2014-04-03, 14:37   Link #76
JustRob

How do we even know Naruto likes Sakura in that way anymore? In part 1, it seemed more like he was just infatuated with her. I mean he already liked her before he even knew her that well. During part 2, with regards to Sakura, he has only expressed interest in bringing Sasuke back "for her".
Old 2014-04-03, 15:54   Link #77
Artful Dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
How do we even know Naruto likes Sakura in that way anymore? In part 1, it seemed more like he was just infatuated with her.
It wouldn't matter whether he is or isn't, Sakura totally friend-zoned him lol. I feel sorry for anyone sad enough to still be shipping this, seriously.
Artful Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-03, 17:04   Link #78
Fruits Basket Fan

@milan: It is called irony. Authors use that at times to show that certain characters mimic some aspects of parents even if they do not remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
How do we even know Naruto likes Sakura in that way anymore? In part 1, it seemed more like he was just infatuated with her. I mean he already liked her before he even knew her that well. During part 2, with regards to Sakura, he has only expressed interest in bringing Sasuke back "for her".
Read chapter 631 when he referred to her as more and less his girlfriend. He was also jealous in the next chapter when Sakura noticed Sasuke first when both saved her.

That shows he is still very much interested.

Last edited by Fruits Basket Fan; 2014-04-03 at 17:16.
Old 2014-04-03, 17:14   Link #79
sayde

Quote:
But how can he want a girl like his own mother. When he didn't even know his mother? And he already loved Sakura before meeting his mom.
Pretty sure Oedipus didn't know his mother was his mother at the time he slept with her. She didn't know either come to think of it. Though they both didn't react too well to the news once they found out.

The Oedipus complex is just a way to refer to individuals who are instinctively prone to seeking out opposite sex partners who share similar traits to their opposite sex parent--regardless of whether they grew up knowing that parent or not.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-03, 18:05   Link #80
janipani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artful Dodger View Post
It wouldn't matter whether he is or isn't, Sakura totally friend-zoned him lol. I feel sorry for anyone sad enough to still be shipping this, seriously.
Judging from how Naruto treats Hinata even after rejecting Sakura's pity pussy, I'm pretty sure Naruto has eaten red pills and become a MGHOW. Good for him!

-Best anime was made in 80s-
janipani is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion