AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2014-04-04, 06:18   Link #81
DarkHollowIchigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruits Basket Fan View Post
Dude, having an Oedipus complex does not mean he wants to really bang his mom!

It is an expression that he is very much a momma's boy and wants a girl to be like his mother (subconciously at least, which may explain why he puts up with Sakura's temper).

Kushina told a baby Naruto to find someone like that (maybe his mind picked it up?) LOL

For you, you may not have to worry since Sakura unfortunately shares some of those qualities.

Kishi seems to like Oedipus complexes since his manga Mario had the main hero fall in love with a woman who reminded him of his mother.
This is your own conclusion, completely bullocks to me
Old 2014-04-04, 07:24   Link #82
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-Speaking of how Kaguya had the Byakugan; despite chakra not existing until she ate the Chakra Chakra no Mi you could argue that she had her eyes in a dormant state and eating the fruit simply awakened them. I mean, we have not seen any evidence of her activating them (veins popping visual clue) so perhaps, she couldn't make use of it until she had eaten the fruit.
Old 2014-04-04, 11:14   Link #83
Fruits Basket Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHollowIchigo View Post
This is your own conclusion, completely bullocks to me
Blame Kishi, he wrote Naruto like that.

His manga Mario even is a victim of Oedipus complex (he died in the end for it, though).
Fruits Basket Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-04, 12:16   Link #84
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminion Lancer View Post
-Speaking of how Kaguya had the Byakugan; despite chakra not existing until she ate the Chakra Chakra no Mi you could argue that she had her eyes in a dormant state and eating the fruit simply awakened them. I mean, we have not seen any evidence of her activating them (veins popping visual clue) so perhaps, she couldn't make use of it until she had eaten the fruit.
She could very well be from Hyuuga-land, where her race, clan or whatever are born with the byakugan. From what I remember, the byakugan can see chakra networks and thus prolly doesn’t need chakra to activate. Her eyes are blank just like every other hyuuga we’ve seen. This is just a thought though.

I think whats more likely, as the sage as explained, is the singular chakra of the fruit is actually a combination of all charkra: the sharigan/rinnegan, byakugan, five nature types, and possible all conceivable kekkai and totei (sp) genkai.

So when she bit the fruit she acquired all these abilities which would explain how she is the most powerful. As her bloodline/lineage thinned through the ages, descendants only activated genes with specific chakra types with obvious special exceptions and bloodlines.
Old 2014-04-04, 15:32   Link #85
Haloid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruits Basket Fan View Post
@milan: It is called irony. Authors use that at times to show that certain characters mimic some aspects of parents even if they do not remember.

Read chapter 631 when he referred to her as more and less his girlfriend. He was also jealous in the next chapter when Sakura noticed Sasuke first when both saved her.

That shows he is still very much interested.
Its not so much if he's interested as much it is if she is interested. He's been friend zoned. She's shown on multiple occasions that she doesn't like him like that. The mere fact that he likes her doesn't mean she is required to reciprocate his feelings. Personally, the pairings in this series are so terrible that if Kishimoto is intelligent he will leave pairings alone in this manga and just let fans speculate.
Haloid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-04, 21:09   Link #86
CatRules
Shipper

Someone had pointed out interesting comparison.

Spoiler for Kaguya:
Old 2014-04-05, 14:49   Link #87
Alchemist007
*Author

This was a nice chapter!
Old 2014-04-05, 18:52   Link #88
Fruits Basket Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haloid View Post
Its not so much if he's interested as much it is if she is interested. He's been friend zoned. She's shown on multiple occasions that she doesn't like him like that. The mere fact that he likes her doesn't mean she is required to reciprocate his feelings. Personally, the pairings in this series are so terrible that if Kishimoto is intelligent he will leave pairings alone in this manga and just let fans speculate.
Notice I never once said Sakura loves Naruto nor said it is canon!

I said that naruto does not love Hinata because he loves Sakura still despite the kage summit Arc.

I started this topic because. a post in this thread implied that NH will have a kid despite Naruto not feeling the same way.
Fruits Basket Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-06, 20:32   Link #89
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
The Oedipus complex is just a way to refer to individuals who are instinctively prone to seeking out opposite sex partners who share similar traits to their opposite sex parent--regardless of whether they grew up knowing that parent or not.
actually it's a child's desire to get in the way between their parents in favor of their opposite-sexed parent's attention. when girls vie for the love of their fathers, it's called an electra complex. both terms were coined by freud
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 11:24   Link #90
oompa loompa

Oh my god another timeskip incoming.. how many hundreds of ramen inspired shippuuden episodes are to follow now i wonder?
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 12:21   Link #91
ranchan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompa loompa View Post
Oh my god another timeskip incoming.. how many hundreds of ramen inspired shippuuden episodes are to follow now i wonder?
Don''t know if I'd mind another Time Skip.
I'd like to see if Kishi can save the story after this war

Probably not
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion