AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Tate no Yuusha/Shield Hero

Notices

Old 2019-02-01, 10:38   Link #721
maximilianjenus
[E]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifis View Post
I kind of like the focus on just a main pair but if he should collect more gals and it starts to feel like some sort of harem, I'll run away like a little girl.
If it makes you happier, he has colelcted 0 harem girls yet, as he sees raphtalia as a daughter and not as a romantic interest.

It's a funny thing that because when I read the novel it was my first modern isekai, so I was not expecting genre harem shenanigans because I was nto familair with the genre, I ahd nto even watched SAO back then; So i got this view where I saw their relationshipa s aprent daughter; naofumi being a college aged adult and not a high school boy also helped.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-01, 16:27   Link #722
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Hard to say if he's really absolutely trusting of her. Yes, she calmed him down and convinced him to trust her, but that little voice of doubt isn't killed so easily. There'll always be the risk that when something happens he'll second-guess her intent, wonder if she, like Mein, has just been playing him and will betray him for her own benefit. And even if it just flips through his mind for a second, the momentary hesitation could be fatal on the battlefield. It could be that he doesn't need her to have it anymore, but there is something to gain: it'd be a way for her to demonstrate her faith in him and determination to prove her loyalty.

Also, as I understand this is a one-cour. There are two cours in a year, each around 26 weeks/episodes; most anime are half-cours.
Spoiler for synopsis for next episode and a bit of an explanation:

Also episode 5 preview:
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Demi.; 2019-02-01 at 16:40.
Demi. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-01, 21:14   Link #723
Galaxian

Aaw, the preview spoiled one of the best moments.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-01, 23:55   Link #724
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
If it makes you happier, he has colelcted 0 harem girls yet, as he sees raphtalia as a daughter and not as a romantic interest.

It's a funny thing that because when I read the novel it was my first modern isekai, so I was not expecting genre harem shenanigans because I was nto familair with the genre, I ahd nto even watched SAO back then; So i got this view where I saw their relationshipa s aprent daughter; naofumi being a college aged adult and not a high school boy also helped.
Well, I hope it turns romantic since she looks grown up now but I don't want to see triangle and more.
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-01, 23:57   Link #725
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Spoiler for synopsis for next episode and a bit of an explanation:

Also episode 5 preview:
YouTube
I think I'm going to like this bird .
Old 2019-02-02, 03:05   Link #726
eisai_haramasukoi

Woah, Shieldbro has a subforum. Hope Slime gets one, soon

Anyway, I'm getting suspicions now of why the Shield Hero is hated by many in the kingdom. It probably has to do with that "Cursed Series" thing. Looks like bad news to me.
eisai_haramasukoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-02, 03:45   Link #727
scififan

Quote:
Well, I hope it turns romantic since she looks grown up now but I don't want to see triangle and more.
If you are looking for harem story, the spear hero would be your answer. It appears girls are head over hill for him, due to his good look. Unlike School Day's Makoto, the spear hero has the naive attitude toward his female fans. With his good intention, he is been manipulated to fight the shield hero. Their battle is symbolic. Since it is the battle between spear and shield, it is making the reference to "Irresistible force paradox", or "shield and spear paradox".
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-02, 05:41   Link #728
Edgewalker
Nani ?

Decided to watch this anime because I heard it made baizuos butthurt.

Wow. So that's all it takes to upset some people? Never miss a good opportunity to show how much of a freethinker you are by parroting virtues that are within the overton window I guess.

At least it's a good show.
Edgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-02, 14:06   Link #729
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post
If you are looking for harem story, the spear hero would be your answer. It appears girls are head over hill for him, due to his good look. Unlike School Day's Makoto, the spear hero has the naive attitude toward his female fans. With his good intention, he is been manipulated to fight the shield hero. Their battle is symbolic. Since it is the battle between spear and shield, it is making the reference to "Irresistible force paradox", or "shield and spear paradox".
I like the 2 people party concept. It's more focused and intimate. And I certainly don't mind if the other heroes main 2d jerks but I know eventually they will have their moments and background stories.
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-02, 22:56   Link #730
scififan

Quote:
I like the 2 people party concept. It's more focused and intimate. And I certainly don't mind if the other heroes main 2d jerks but I know eventually they will have their moments and background stories.
Two people party can only do limited stuff. In the game world, the two people parties' objective is usually hit and run. Three or more people parties ensures more safety of the party. In this world setting, shield yusha needs to fight to level up, but the system disable his fighting ability. So, he recruited the racoon girl to be his sword. If he has other party members, they can help him to level up , and they can shoulder the burden of constant attacking. This world doesn't work like Fire Emblem most of the time, where two team mates become lovers. This world work more like Wizardry OVA(the traditional RPG), except most party members are bishoujo instead of ojisan.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-06, 21:01   Link #731
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Seems like Shield Hero is oblivious to any attraction towards her. But it's getting obvious that Raphthalia is developing feelings for Naofumi.

Some people are complaining elsewhere about Filo's voice being too high but I think it suits her just fine.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-06, 23:02   Link #732
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
Seems like Shield Hero is oblivious to any attraction towards her. But it's getting obvious that Raphthalia is developing feelings for Naofumi.
It didn't slip my notice that Naofumi blushed a bit around her during the latest episode...
Quote:
Some people are complaining elsewhere about Filo's voice being too high but I think it suits her just fine.
I'm not a source-reader or anything, so I'm not sure how her voice is described in the books, but I thought Rina Hidaka was very fitting from what I've heard. She does some adorable Chocobo noises .
Old 2019-02-06, 23:10   Link #733
Twi

She voiced Last Order in Index (along with a number of other lolis over the years), which is why the moment I heard her say she was hungry and I remembered that it was also airing this season, I thought they might be the same.
Old 2019-02-07, 00:05   Link #734
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I honestly pictured her voice a little higher, like maybe Mariya Ise perhaps. And I actually pictured Raphtalia having a higher voice like Rina Hidaka or Ogura Yui. But this works well. And while Rina Hidaka may have a high-pitched voice, she's capable of a broad range and some fierce battle cries. After all, she also voiced Yuniko from Accel World. Anyone who can pull off both extremes of that personality is fine in my book.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-07, 00:33   Link #735
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
I honestly pictured her voice a little higher, like maybe Mariya Ise perhaps. And I actually pictured Raphtalia having a higher voice like Rina Hidaka or Ogura Yui. But this works well. And while Rina Hidaka may have a high-pitched voice, she's capable of a broad range and some fierce battle cries. After all, she also voiced Yuniko from Accel World. Anyone who can pull off both extremes of that personality is fine in my book.
Not to mention Ririchiyo from Inu x Boku SS .
Old 2019-02-08, 06:32   Link #736
Dharma

YouTube
No way Naofumi is lolicon, right? Right?!
Old 2019-02-08, 10:57   Link #737
maximilianjenus
[E]

firo no otousan
Old 2019-02-08, 14:25   Link #738
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharma View Post
YouTube
No way Naofumi is lolicon, right? Right?!
Huh, was not expecting Raphtalia to know what a lolicon is .

I wonder if Filo can talk normally in her bird form ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
firo no otousan
I had a good laugh at that .
Old 2019-02-08, 14:37   Link #739
maximilianjenus
[E]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I was not expencting her not knowing what a lolicon is, after all naofumi kept on caling everybody who said she was pretty a lolicon and she was bound to ask someone.
Old 2019-02-08, 15:03   Link #740
Dharma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
If previous PVs any indication that line will not appear in the anime, it was recorded specifically for PV and made a bit 4'th wall breaking intentionally

Tags
isekai, traumatized protagonist