AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-10-14, 10:30   Link #341
whitecloud

by the way....i just realized...why astartes sound really familiar...it is from war hammer 40K, that remind me of astartes organ, one of which is if i dont mistaken allowed learn by eating....
Old 2013-10-14, 10:41   Link #342
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Maybe she only thought about it after the first episode? Once she saw that he wouldn't be all that hostile, she may believe that playing the romance card is much more cost efficient (and less deadly, to an extent).

Of course, this is all just mere hypothesis. I still think that her 14 year old hormones are all over the place for a sexy smexy albino vampire.

Cheers

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Arturia Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-15, 04:17   Link #343
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

what is it with loli teachers? I've been seeing them all over, is it a new fad?

also, the second episode was decent, I think i'm going to pick this up, really reminds me of index.

yukina is obviously oblivious, and she's not trying to seduct anybody. Her background was partially explained, and growing up in a forest with hermits won't necessarily include teaching her about city things.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-15, 07:06   Link #344
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

So not growing up in a city makes here oblivious? I don't see your line of reasoning here.

Besides, she was wearing a school uniform when she was called in front of Simba's disciples, I can assume that she went to school, and she won't be all that unknowing to romance, as any 14 year old would.

Cheers

Old 2013-10-15, 08:57   Link #345
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
So not growing up in a city makes here oblivious? I don't see your line of reasoning here.
Yep I don't see it either after reading what I posted, sorry about that

the episode makes it clear that her background is not normal (whatever that is) due to her being an orphan and growing up in a forest, sure she went to school, but was it a normal school? I don't think so.

the episode establishes her as a "sword shaman", wielding a level 7 something something spear that is supposed to be a legendary weapon. That kind of thing can't be used overnight, it takes years of practice to use it (I assume) so that means she spent years of her life learning how to use it.

she had also learned all the subjects taught up until high school, don't tell me that's normal for a middle school student.

the loli teacher said that people from the lion king org were essentially bred to be attack mages, what that in mind, do you think they would've led the life of a normal 14 year old, especially one who could wield a legendary blade/spear? I don't think so.

her surprise about the hardware store, about misidentifying ordinary items as weapons, learning about detergents as chemical weapons in that school of hers all point towards not having "common sense" about stuff that city people don't even notice, so it is not a stretch to conclude that she is also oblivious about social rules that normal people already know, which we interpret as "playing the romance card".

TL;DR

sure, she got embarrassed when somebody saw her panties during ep1, but that's because she didn't know that the one she was looking for was the same guy, in ep2 when she was soaking wet and went next door, she was already bound by her "duty" to observe the 4th president or whatever so she asked where he was going. her attire at least for me was completely done in a rush and was not to seduce anyone.
Old 2013-10-15, 09:05   Link #346
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

First of all, 4th president is worthy of a subtitle here.

Second, It's not a legendary weapon. It's just a strong one, very strong one.

Third, Sure, she was taught stuff. What about it?

Fourth, Common sense has nothing to do with hormones, does it?

Fifth, Being an orphan has nothing to do with being mentored in a school for mages. We don't know anything about that school, but since she talks ok, and isn't any kind of... freak so to say, we can assume that she knows her way around. Sure she may be a bit awkward around a few things like shops and stuff, but it's nothing that serious.

TL;DR: She was just taught to be a mage and a warrior to wield a weapon. That weapon happens to be a pretty rare/powerful one. She's not extremely proficient from what I can see (she did get hit during the fight, and would have died). Hormones have nothing to do with education, and she does have a normal education for most of the time.

Cheers

Old 2013-10-15, 09:30   Link #347
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

I don't know if this would turn into a romance series, but for now the fights are ok, we'll see
Old 2013-10-15, 11:10   Link #348
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Really? I believe romance has been more hinted at than not. It's probably going to become an important part of the plot development of both characters.

Cheers

Old 2013-10-15, 11:26   Link #349
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturia Polaris View Post

TL;DR: She was just taught to be a mage and a warrior to wield a weapon. That weapon happens to be a pretty rare/powerful one. She's not extremely proficient from what I can see (she did get hit during the fight, and would have died). Hormones have nothing to do with education, and she does have a normal education for most of the time.

Cheers
She studied up to the end of high school. The girl is actually pretty smart. The girl is basically an observer/sword shaman first and girl second. Kind of like a person in the military.

I don't think she could have done much anyway after the familiar grew a second hand and came at her with it. The fight basically required the MC to intervene.
Old 2013-10-15, 11:32   Link #350
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Of course, there are plot reasons, and yes we know that she's smart, which even further proves my other point about her not being oblivious.

I do agree however that basing her.. proficiency on that fight against an unknown enemy is unfair, but honestly we don't have much more to go on. If a fight against a "tough" enemy has her lose like that (the other 2 dweebs from episode 1 were way out of her league) then she's nothing special.

Cheers

Old 2013-10-15, 11:42   Link #351
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Of course, there are plot reasons, and yes we know that she's smart, which even further proves my other point about her not being oblivious.

I do agree however that basing her.. proficiency on that fight against an unknown enemy is unfair, but honestly we don't have much more to go on. If a fight against a "tough" enemy has her lose like that (the other 2 dweebs from episode 1 were way out of her league) then she's nothing special.

Cheers
I think that episode 2's opponents just surprised her with no way to back out. She was protecting the downed vampire.

And since she's one of the MCs, she's prob very special.
Old 2013-10-15, 12:20   Link #352
whitecloud

Well....the weapon given by simba maybe strong, but its not like its a Relic weapon or something since the priest recognize it which mean its just made or contain a similar magic enhancement as other of its kind
Old 2013-10-15, 12:58   Link #353
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:

Cheers
Being smart doesn't doesn't mean you won't be oblivious to certain social norms or expectations. We have geniuses throughout history who were horrible inept socially or in other avenue's of life.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-15, 15:04   Link #354
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

It doesn't. But she wasn't all that awkward during the first moments of her interaction was she?

Sure she may have been clumsy following Akatsuki, but nothing besides that.

Cheers

Old 2013-10-15, 21:10   Link #355
Frontier

I thought this was an enjoyable episode.

I find Kojou's and Yukina's interactions to be pretty cute, and it's not often that there's major focus on a Senpai/Kohai relationship. And as much as Kojou's endearing himself to Yukina, I find myself liking him more and more as a protagonist. I think he's got a real matureness about him that you don't often find in High School anime protagonists, with some snark for good measure.

The fact that Nagisa calls Kojou by his name and with an honorific leads me to believe they're not blood related. I wonder if her living with him is in any way related to his time with Avrora and his Fourth Progenitor status?

So I guess Natsuki is another addition to the growing list of loli-sensei's in anime . She seems like an interesting character, and definitely a role a bit out of the norm for Hisako Kanemoto.

Considering how seriously Yukina takes her duty to watch over Kojou, I could buy her bearing the embarrassment of going in public with wet clothes just so she could keep an eye on him. The guys who flipped her skirt, however, were not part of her mission .

The opening has Kojou release some sort of lightning attack, and the end of this episode had him appearing to release it... could that be the titular "Right hand of the Saint?"
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-16, 00:05   Link #356
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
Well....the weapon given by simba maybe strong, but its not like its a Relic weapon or something since the priest recognize it which mean its just made or contain a similar magic enhancement as other of its kind
It is Relic weapon just based on the fact they think it can kill a progenitor. The priest only IDed the type not its name and also was shocked he ran into one. Also wouldn't Relic class weapons be more famous there for easier to identify? So your statement that it can't be one because the priest knew what it was makes little sense.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-16, 01:08   Link #357
whitecloud

What i mean is if its a relic weapon is would have a specific name like excalibur, curtana or the like and the priest would identify it as such rather than the type which is schezewalde?...which mean it is more of a mass produced weapon even though it is quite rare, maybe because of the material, or the dificulty of making it...(the girl from the OP seem to be holding a bow, whcih seem also the same kind of weapon as well)
Old 2013-10-16, 05:32   Link #358
chauken

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
What i mean is if its a relic weapon is would have a specific name like excalibur, curtana or the like and the priest would identify it as such rather than the type which is schezewalde?...which mean it is more of a mass produced weapon even though it is quite rare, maybe because of the material, or the dificulty of making it...(the girl from the OP seem to be holding a bow, whcih seem also the same kind of weapon as well)
It's not a mass produced weapon. The Anime left the rarity and strength of the schneewaltzer out, but when yukina has gotten the weapon the LN described the weapon.

Spoiler for weapon description in the prologue of the first LN:
chauken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-16, 06:09   Link #359
Tenzen12

That also seems rule out possibility of Yukina used as mere alarm, of course there is always chance Lion King (was it?) organisation is willing throw super rare item or two, but it would be pretty stupid.

I do think they did picked her based on her age in hope she will make contact with him, but that so she can observe him closer. And assumed in case of emergency her sense of duty will win over potencial sympathy.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-16, 06:49   Link #360
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

So simba tells yukina the 4th progenitor can destroy the world and they send her in with a "rare weapon"? He singlehandedly has thr power of an army and they only send one agent with a semi rare weapon?

She's not meant to kill him and she knows it. Her most powerful weapon was deflected with bare hands by the 4th. Simba knows she won't be able to do anything, even with a weapon supposedly rare.

Cheers

Tags
supernatural, vampires