AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2016-10-14, 10:48   Link #6621
Rasty

^^ Well not really strange considering that Sophia feels something between admiration and love for Shiro. She most likely also gave up on asking Shiro about anything as she has spent a considerable time with her.

I am guessing the next chapter to be Shiro POV on the same events.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkeus View Post
and Shiro reached the level above all on her own too.
This is unfair to compare. She had part of high level god attached to her soul, no way they can compete with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkeus View Post
Though if Wrath has Heresy Nullity now he might be able to contend with Ariel.
Not really, Shiro had the same skill and got totally trashed by the anihilation storm magic (don't remember the name, the one with snow that if you touch you are a gonner), surviving by rather heretic means.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-14, 11:13   Link #6622
Lenox

Think he means that with Heresy Nullity he would be able to use the Wrath skill, which boosts his stats to pretty much the second highest, without any negative repercussions.
Lenox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-14, 11:21   Link #6623
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
^^ Well not really strange considering that Sophia feels something between admiration and love for Shiro. She most likely also gave up on asking Shiro about anything as she has spent a considerable time with her.
Plus a decent amount of fear

I had hoped Sophia might become rather more pro-active with Shiro due to Wrath's example but it seems not.

Quote:
I am guessing the next chapter to be Shiro POV on the same events.
Hard to say. Feels like it'll continue after Sophia's chapter with some comments on her recent actions. But we could see it live as well. Maybe I'll get my Shiro/Sophia moments after all

Quote:
This is unfair to compare. She had part of high level god attached to her soul, no way they can compete with that.
This is something I'm not sure we can be certain about, unless I'm forgetting something. D does seem to be genuinely surprised that Shiro achieved what she did. Shiro's "core" soul is still that of a spider. From D's explanation the biggest boost that Shiro got was from Pride, which is apparently the most insane of the Ruler skills... with the worst possible side-effects and Shiro's real achievement was managing to cope with that.

Personally, I'm not sure how much Shiro was helped by having some fragments of D's soul - it might not actually be that much. We'd need to know more about the technical details of souls, I think. I do think it would have helped Shiro indirectly though - back in her Kumoko days she had absolutely no knowledge at the start and had to guess a lot. I suspect D's memories / attitude would have helped her instinctively pick the right path, to some degree.

Quote:
Not really, Shiro had the same skill and got totally trashed by the anihilation storm magic (don't remember the name, the one with snow that if you touch you are a gonner), surviving by rather heretic means.
Ariel used the strongest Abyss Magic on Shiro - Rebellion Hell. It's a "rain" of inverted black crosses that annihilate the region of the body that is hit.

The snow one you're thinking of is (possibly) the one Sophia used on Wrath.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-14, 12:08   Link #6624
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenox View Post
Think he means that with Heresy Nullity he would be able to use the Wrath skill, which boosts his stats to pretty much the second highest, without any negative repercussions.
Even with Heresy Immunity using Wrath wouldn't be without repercussions. Ruler skills are no joke. Even Shiro was somewhat affected by the low-tier Anger skill, and didn't dare to use her Rulers much.

All immunity would do was make it less likely to affect his thoughts in normal interactions. Actually using the skill is something else entirely.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-14, 17:10   Link #6625
Rasty

What were the side effects of pride again? It feels like fairly long time ago I read about her spider adventures.

I would guess the soul fragment could have helped her gain skills easier and become god in the end.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-14, 18:02   Link #6626
Yoburi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
What were the side effects of pride again? It feels like fairly long time ago I read about her spider adventures.

I would guess the soul fragment could have helped her gain skills easier and become god in the end.
I guess arrogance Kumo did try challeging dragons and kamikaze monkeys in the past.
Yoburi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-14, 18:17   Link #6627
NotteBoy97

Pride if I recall forces the soul into rampant growth until the soul is stretched too thin and breaks.
NotteBoy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-14, 18:55   Link #6628
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotteBoy97 View Post
Pride if I recall forces the soul into rampant growth until the soul is stretched too thin and breaks.
And she did that while also fragmenting her soul with Parallel Will. It's amazing that she survived.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-14, 23:24   Link #6629
gn_X00

her pride also means less carefulness. it's fatal for a weakling in the OP labyrinth tbh

in a way she did endure it with "guts" since she said about how her arrogance = bad situation
Old 2016-10-15, 03:22   Link #6630
EvilSociopath323

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoburi View Post
I guess arrogance Kumo did try challeging dragons and kamikaze monkeys in the past.
She fought the monkeys before she obtained pride. And she was rather careless from the start (how did she end up in the lower layer?). Since she abandoned her first my home she decided to face any dangers she might have a chance at winning, so I think her fighting dragons might very well be her own personality.

So my standpoint is that her pride skill was a cheat. Her large affinity with other ruler skills was a cheat too. And she did not suffer any considerable consequences from them. The first time her personality was warped in a significant way was when she tried to absorb Ariel and her minions.
EvilSociopath323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-15, 03:35   Link #6631
kari-no-sugata II

To quote from D's special lesson 1 (will there ever be any others?):
Quote:
D「Even Gods would be surprised to see a spider performing magic like it’s a habit. 」
Mei 「That may be because your soul is mixed in」
D 「That may be so, but it’s just a fragment that blended with her」
Mei「Is that so?」
D 「That is so. It’s true that it was blended, but the influence is only small. Kumo’s soul is as big as anyone else’s, increasing a suitable amount of skills learned, even she herself knows it.」
Mei 「Then, are you saying that it’s the talent of the person herself?」
D 「You can say it is, but I think otherwise.」
Mei 「What is with that vague answer?」
D 「It’s true that her aptitude with skills is high, but when it comes to being out of the norm, her Pride Skill had a great influence」
Mei 「Oh, if I remember correctly, it’s the skill that makes growth easier」
D 「If you heard the explanation of the effect. It may seem to be inferior to other sins or virtue skills, but in reality, it’s the most outrageous skill. That skill pushes the soul to it’s limit.」
Mei 「What is that? If that happens, normally wouldn’t the soul would scream and disappear?」
D 「It will. The rapid growth will distort you, the pride skill will eat you up completely and it’s not funny. But, Kumo did it without any difficulties. With Pride and her own talent, she made an exceptional leap」
Mei「It’s your soul’s influence after all?」
D 「I would say no, but it did a little.」
I checked the raw for this a bit. D's last line is sort-of saying "while it would be wrong to say the influence is zero, the actual amount is so tiny that it's pretty much zero".

I'm not sure how much we can trust D on this but, hopefully somewhat.

PS Time to get on with translating

(After a week of getting 4 hours sleep a night I ended up going to bed really early and sleeping for 11 hours... Didn't want to copy Felmina-chan...)
Old 2016-10-15, 07:02   Link #6632
Breimn

So, game incoming for this and death march?
(Ty to anon from 4ch)
http://i.4cdn.org/a/1476526228668.jpg
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-15, 08:02   Link #6633
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Death match as RPG what? can't wait to play as pochi and tama. Kumo seems going to be puzzle game, but I'm kinda scared that it will end up as browser game with gacha instead with pazudora gameplay.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-15, 10:28   Link #6634
kari-no-sugata II

Translation is up for "Blood 34 – Not so much war, as terrorism"

Maybe Sophia is being fattened up so that she matches her image on the LN4 cover?

Last edited by kari-no-sugata II; 2016-10-17 at 08:16.
Old 2016-10-15, 22:47   Link #6635
mufarasu

New chapter of the manga just came out. I assume everyone here follows it too along with the novel. If you don't well you should.

I gotta say I love it because Kumo's fucking reactions are illustrated so well that I'm laughing at every page. This latest chapter was really going above and beyond my expectations with the manga.
mufarasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-16, 00:31   Link #6636
K2Grey

I can understand how the manga is monthly, it must take them all that time to come up with expressions and poses for Kumo.

I once thought nothing could top the HERESY MAGIC! pose but this new BIOHAZARD pose is pretty amazing.
K2Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-16, 01:03   Link #6637
gn_X00

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
Translation is up for "Blood 34 – Not so much as war, as terrorism"

Maybe Sophia is being fattened up so that she matches her image on the LN4 cover?
i'm kinda surprised she doesn't have overeating yet before this considering how much Shiro and Maou go on eating tour
Old 2016-10-16, 02:55   Link #6638
Yoburi

Shiro was crying while working too? And while this happends the demon king is lazing off.
Yoburi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-16, 03:16   Link #6639
Breimn

Shecwas probably crying for her stolen food. Remember when maou got her that fruit she likes and the demon other generals stole it?
It is not like Shiro actually works herself , she leaves it all to her clones.
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-16, 08:48   Link #6640
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by K2Grey View Post
I can understand how the manga is monthly, it must take them all that time to come up with expressions and poses for Kumo.
It's closer to bi-monthly. There's a new generally a new chapter every 2-3 weeks.

Quote:
I once thought nothing could top the HERESY MAGIC! pose but this new BIOHAZARD pose is pretty amazing.
I'm glad someone else likes it! I was pissing myself with laughter when I saw it in the raw release

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimn View Post
Shecwas probably crying for her stolen food. Remember when maou got her that fruit she likes and the demon other generals stole it?
It is not like Shiro actually works herself , she leaves it all to her clones.
For desk-work, I'm pretty sure Shiro actually does it herself - it certainly was the case when the 10th Army was first formed and seems to still be the case now based on her supposed reaction. Maybe only a matter of time until she develops a clone that can do desk-work?

Tags
fantasy, non-human mc, reincarnation