Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2017-03-20, 11:49   Link #7621
Asuka'
Nin Nin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
It's not so much where they came from but how they react to it.

From what I can see, Sariel is as much of a freak as Potimas, but in a very different way. While Potimas is only in it for himself, Sariel seems to be willing to sacrifice herself for anyone and everyone. Where Potimas treats most people like lab rats at best, Sariel seems to value everyone equally, whether they're human, demon, elf or monster.
Mu! That one gave me some idea.
I don't know if it was ever written in LN, but it is possible that those 3 were all oldest mythical beast as well like ariel.

Kuro a lizard/dragon/seiryuu
ariel a spider/taratect/genbu

sariel maybe a bird/angel/houou
potimas maybe a pig/orc/byakko.
Asuka' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-22, 21:44   Link #7622
Amuris

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
Just a little note for reference...
He doesn't seem to be suspicious in the least and I've not seen any indication that he ties this to the attack on D. It would be interesting to know what he thinks about D and whether he believes he killed her.
....?
I was under the impression that he wasn't aware of D in the first place. Did they ever show that he knew? It seemed like his attack was actually intended for Kuro.
Old 2017-03-22, 22:03   Link #7623
NicApple

It'll be a nice redemption for Potimas if in the midst of his pursuit for immortality using dragons as the base,

He gets acquainted with Gyurie, the dragon god and later on Sariel, the goddess of the all the people.
Then he gets attracted to Sariel and sees Gyurie as his competitor...
Then we have the history of the planets MA energy being drained away rapidly and the culprits all fled the planet, knowing its inevitable doom

And 'D', like a devil's whispering, maybe gives an offer to Sariel by providing a sustainable recycling system for the planet which could help prevent the destruction of the planet and save the people she love but in return, she has to integrate herself into the system 'D' made to facilitate the process of bestowing skills on all the inhabitents of the planet that she is in charge of.

But Potimas refuses to let Sariel sacrifice herself. He succeeds the technology of the culprits who caused the draining of the MA energy, hoping to destroy both the system and maybe the mastermind who caused Sariel to end up in her current state, hoping to free her from her shackles, without any regard to what the world would become(mad scientist in love)

Gyurie then opposes him as to fulfill Sariel's wishes to protect the planet and its people.

Hoping for all bad guys have a backstory like Ariel's not just an evil demon king....
And the worst person in the entire story is a justice-seeking self gratifying hero-baka
NicApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-23, 07:19   Link #7624
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuris View Post
....?
I was under the impression that he wasn't aware of D in the first place. Did they ever show that he knew? It seemed like his attack was actually intended for Kuro.
Dustin and Ariel know about D. Ariel says she only knows about D from Kuro. Dustin also knows about D but he might also only know about D through Kuro. I don't remember Potimas making a reference to D. It seems that the attack somehow targeted the System's top administrator - I'm guessing that the System has a link back to D, and that was used to direct the attack somehow. I was actually hoping to find out more info on all this with the more recent chapters.

From chapter 150:
Quote:
Ah, that's right. What did the Hero and the Demon King wanted to do until they do such a stupid thing?

『Probably, they want to defeat me』

Why?

『There seems to be a power that considers the Administrators to be an enemy. The previous Hero and Demon King might have been tempted by them』
Although she couched it in vague terms, D seems to know more than she's letting on at this point (surprise surprise).

Then in chapter 205 we have this:
Quote:
『In all probability, they consumed the energy aiming at me intentionally. They might know that the system will continue even if I die. If things go well, they might have thought of depriving my authority. But then, their greatest miscalculation is that the System Administrator was this me. Either they thought that they can seriously kill me by such an attack or they didn't know about me. It's probably the latter』

Aha. This person, she call the attack that used the energy more than half as such an attack. This seriously is not a joke.

「There's only one person who will do such a thing」
「Yeah」

It seems that the Demon King and Gyurigyuri know the criminal.

「Potimas!!!!」
I don't believe that D has confirmed who she believed was the "mastermind" behind the attack, just that the previous Demon King and Hero were the ones who put it into operation. I don't remember seeing some confirmation that Potimas was behind the attack, just that Kuro and Ariel believe only Potimas is capable of doing it. So it's not impossible that it'll turn out to be someone else as a late twist. If Ariel finds nothing about the attack in Potimas's records then that would be a good hint.

Who else could it be? Only one that springs to mind would be Kuro. Maybe he secretly hates D for creating the malicious System that trapped Sariel?
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-23, 07:47   Link #7625
kari-no-sugata II

Hmm. Further to the above, I seem to remember some conversation between Potimas and Oka-chan in LN4 that might imply that Potimas was behind the attack. I'll try to find it and make sense of it when I get the chance...
Old 2017-03-23, 11:06   Link #7626
Obstendro

In S21 The world truth
Oka talk about the previous hero and demon king:
Yes. We Elves, in order to put an end to this pointless fight, we have appealed to both the Humans and the Demons to stop the war. The previous Hero and the previous Demon King accepts that offer, and reconciled, And, we Elves made preparations to challenge the Administrators in secret. Both of the previous Hero and the previous Demon King are rare Dimension Magic users. It seems that they used the power, opened the dimension, and tried to fly to the ground where the Administrators are. However, it failed, and it connects to our world. We died because of the accidental explosion of the magic」
Obstendro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-23, 16:33   Link #7627
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obstendro View Post
In S21 The world truth
Oka talk about the previous hero and demon king:
Yes. We Elves, in order to put an end to this pointless fight, we have appealed to both the Humans and the Demons to stop the war. The previous Hero and the previous Demon King accepts that offer, and reconciled, And, we Elves made preparations to challenge the Administrators in secret. Both of the previous Hero and the previous Demon King are rare Dimension Magic users. It seems that they used the power, opened the dimension, and tried to fly to the ground where the Administrators are. However, it failed, and it connects to our world. We died because of the accidental explosion of the magic」
Ah thanks. That's what I was thinking of.

Actually, there isn't quite the same explanation from Oka-chan in the LN. D's explanation to Kumoko is pretty much identical though - and btw, when D talks about the previous Demon King and Hero being instigated, D is clearly referring to a group of people doing that.

So it's almost certainly those damn elves. Which takes us back to my previous question - I'm still not sure what Potimas thought about the attack on D and how that was connected to the reincarnators.
Old 2017-03-23, 17:58   Link #7628
EvilSociopath323

No new chapter... Well better having super short and irregular updates then none at all I guess. In the worst case the author could have just deleted the entire story from narou so I can't really complain. Still I think that the way the author releases is the worst. He/She should really take an example from for example mago-no-te-san who first writes a longer manuscript and then releases it in large chunks daily. It's rather regular + the length is satisfying + the author gets enough time to get feed-back from the readers.

Anyway, the past story could go like this:
The cult of the Goddess existed already at the start of the story.
The part of humanity that followed the Goddess became later in the system the 'human race'.
The part of humanity that didn't follow the Goddess became later the 'demon race'.
Potimas discovers MA energy and how to harvest it from souls.
Humanity starts using the technology, the future demon race most likely, maybe also the 'human race'.
Don't know how much Sariel would be in contact with humanity but I think she would be against harvesting the power of souls. So she would express herself against it. The Goddess followers then might decide to do as she wishes. But what about the demon race? They don't give a fuck about what Sariel wishes so they wouldn't stop using the technology. The cultist feel entitled to dictate what the demon race should/shouldn't do and start a war to enforce the Goddess' wishes. In the process in order to beat the future demon race they start using the very same technology the Goddess told them not to use and the both sides destroy the planet.
Or well, such a clichéd development is what I came up with.

It's at the very least likely that the planet got destroyed in a war and not through energy depletion since as far as I know the energy comes from harvesting the soul not the planet itself. Ariel even said during her fight with that robot that magical energy can only be stored within souls so this should stand true.

Last edited by EvilSociopath323; 2017-03-23 at 18:13.
EvilSociopath323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-24, 22:27   Link #7629
Asuka'
Nin Nin

Was reading this manga last night and think of kumoko, lol

Spoiler:
Old 2017-03-24, 23:29   Link #7630
kenga

which manga is that?
kenga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-26, 08:11   Link #7631
kari-no-sugata II

Dunno if we'll get a new chapter today. But if there's one next week I won't have time to translate it.

Anyway, a thought about the "demon race" and "elves". I guess we'll find out sooner or later if Potimas created them. If not, I'm guessing that they're evolutions within the System - if Potimas was able to evolve into an elf somehow then that would help explain how he started human but became an elf. Though obviously there's other examples.
Old 2017-03-26, 08:16   Link #7632
Breimn

Referring to the legend where if you reach max lvl as human something amazing happens?
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-26, 08:50   Link #7633
kari-no-sugata II

Yes, though maybe there's other ways for humans to achieve "evolution" - there is the "vampire" special evolution for example, so maybe there's others too.

I'm sure that early on there would have been people trying to explore the limits of the System. Maybe the LV100 evolutions for humans weren't that great or caused conflicts so they were discouraged and then became forgotten about. I can certainly imagine Potimas cheating his way to LV100.

It's also easy to imagine a group of more belligerent types pushing for LV100 and then evolving to "demons" who are a more power focused race.

If nobody has ever achieved LV100 as a human then I wonder if it's some joke evolution. I had this silly idea a while ago that maybe Shiro forces Ronant to become LV100 and evolve... and he evolves into "Hage-san" (the game avatar that D plays, and Shiro's type)... and Shiro gets a nose bleed
Old 2017-03-26, 09:56   Link #7634
Asuka'
Nin Nin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenga View Post
which manga is that?
Kyochuu Rettou
Old 2017-04-02, 05:28   Link #7635
tsunade666

Any news on new chapter? No new chapter?
Old 2017-04-02, 06:03   Link #7636
kari-no-sugata II

No idea about when next chapter might come out. Here's some random thoughts while we wait...

In 274, there's the bit saying "Darkness and Death. The attributes that Evil God D rules over."

The word used for "rules" here is different to the one used for the Ruler skills - maybe I should have translated it as "governs" but maybe it's better to leave as "rules" because there might be a subtle (indirect) link between the two concepts.

We sometimes see Shiro talking about attributes and they generally seem to be something you're born with but maybe they can be strengthened or developed as well. It's hard to speculate how the "universe" works in this story, but D ruling over Darkness and Death almost certainly means that for those attributes she is the strongest in the universe. I've no idea if D always ruled over those attributes but it's almost certainly related to how she's in charge of the "netherworld".

There's nothing particularly original about the above, but here's a new thought: maybe D created the concept of Ruler skills within this world using the concept of how she (and other gods) rules over certain attributes. Obviously there are differences (Darkness and Death are very different concepts to Pride and Sloth for example) but they could still be related concepts.

On a completely different note, here's a fun analogy I came up with (only considering Kumoko/Shiro's chapters and with speculation of contents of LNs that haven't been released yet):
LN1: Baby - can't do much except cry and survive
LN2: Young child - growth period, first glimpses of the wider world
LN3: Child - continued growth, finding out that Santa Claws doesn't exist but evil does
LN4: Teenager - rebellious phase, trying to leave the nest
LN5: Young adult - setting out on your own
LN6: Becoming an adult - responsibilities and taking sides ? (assuming Kumoko's apotheosis occurs at the end of this LN)
LN7: Adult - it's not all it's cracked up to be, eyes are fully open to the reality of the world at last but have to shut your eyes to some things else it's just too painful
LN8: Working adult - earning a living, the dark arts of society (assuming Shiro starts living at Balto's place)
LN9: Parent - rebellious daughters, passing on worldly knowledge to the next generation (ie dealing with Sophia and Wrath)
LN10: Local manager - making deals with other organisations, having many subordinates (meetings with Dustin, becoming 10th Army commander)
LN11: Regional manager - taking on whole areas, internal politics (human-demon great war, overthrowing the Kingdom)
LN12: CEO - hostile takeovers (elf village war)
LN13: Death - the final countdown
Old 2017-04-02, 07:19   Link #7637
Tcol

Not noticed manga has new chap few days ago, and we have meme for mind blowing lol.
Tcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 07:39   Link #7638
kari-no-sugata II

Pro tip: use the thread subscription feature (eg in the Thread Tools menu on the top right of this page) to subscribe to threads you're interested in and then use that as a landing page when checking for updates. Eg the manga thread subscription link is this:
https://forums.animesuki.com/subscri...ption&t=146935

Then click the "Add Subscription" button. You can then see when your subscribed threads were last updated here:
https://forums.animesuki.com/subscri...ewsubscription

It's a great way to save time and reduce chance of missing things you find interesting. I'm subscribed to about 30 threads

I've been posting to the manga thread every time a new manga chapter comes out. I've been hoping for more discussion over there but it hasn't really taken off yet.
Old 2017-04-15, 13:58   Link #7639
Breimn

Light novel licensed
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...e-more/.114879
Quote:
All licensed titles:

LN:
- Saga of Tanya the Evil (Yōjo Senki)
- Regarding Reincarnation as Slime (Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken)
- So I'm a Spider, So What? (Kumo Desu ga, Nani ga?)

Manga:
- Saga of Tanya the Evil (Yōjo Senki)
- Acca 13 (ACCA 13-Ku Kansatsu-Ka)
- One Week Friends
- A Polar Bear in Love (Koisuru Shirokuma)
- Sword Art Online Alternative Gun Gale Online
- Sword Art Online Calibur
- The Monster Tamer Girls (Kaijū no Shiiku Iin)
- Terrified Teacher at Ghoul School (Yōkai Gakkō no Sensei Hajimemashita!)
- Though You May Burn to Ash (Tatoe Hai ni Natte mo)
- Val x Love (Ikusa x Koi)
- As Miss Beelzebub Likes (Beelzebub-jō no Okinimesu Mama.)
- Graineliers
- Laid-Back Camp Δ (Yurucamp Δ)
- Angel Slaughter (Satsuriku no Tenshi)

Last edited by Breimn; 2017-04-15 at 14:16.
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-15, 21:05   Link #7640
AB079
Banned

Sad news to see that the LN is being licensed, have to wait for years to get the volumes translated but at the same time is good considering now we can buy a kind of decent translation.

Hopefully they don't ruin it like they did with Mahouka deleting all the honorifics and stuff.
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, non-human mc, reincarnation