Notices

Old 2021-07-25, 14:56   Link #8821
Doriankaioh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
isn't he
Spoiler:

//
I honestly don't understand why you guys hate shun? I mean shun is the most sainted person in the series so far. Unlike kumoko who is a maniac killer only do everything for her own selfishness.
Doriankaioh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-25, 18:38   Link #8822
joako210293
goomoonryong666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doriankaioh View Post
I honestly don't understand why you guys hate shun? I mean shun is the most sainted person in the series so far. Unlike kumoko who is a maniac killer only do everything for her own selfishness.
Because he is an ignorant fool, i mean yes he is a nice person, but he is an idiot who think he is righteous and the others are unjustified evil. He didnt know and never tried to understood the whys of every action took by Wrath or Sophia, about the kind of awful lives they had. From moment cero he have a very dotting life, i mean he grow up as a prince, had at least 3 meals/day, had a childhood friend who at least could undestood him at his side, he did have a peaceful life until everything went shit because of Shiro.
Worst of all is that he already knows why the world is going to end and why Shiro and the other did what they did, but he is still against it because he consider it awful, even though he didnt come up with any solution of his own
joako210293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-25, 19:45   Link #8823
Doriankaioh

Quote:
Originally Posted by joako210293 View Post
Because he is an ignorant fool, i mean yes he is a nice person, but he is an idiot who think he is righteous and the others are unjustified evil. He didnt know and never tried to understood the whys of every action took by Wrath or Sophia, about the kind of awful lives they had. From moment cero he have a very dotting life, i mean he grow up as a prince, had at least 3 meals/day, had a childhood friend who at least could undestood him at his side, he did have a peaceful life until everything went shit because of Shiro.
Worst of all is that he already knows why the world is going to end and why Shiro and the other did what they did, but he is still against it because he consider it awful, even though he didnt come up with any solution of his own

Of course. sacrifice half of humanity to save the world is awful no matter how you look at it and by the way kumoko do it just to save sariel not to save humanity. One more thing. Didn't shun follow the Pope's plan? I think the Pope's plans the best so far.
Doriankaioh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-25, 21:13   Link #8824
heroeric

Quote:
Of course. sacrifice half of humanity to save the world is awful no matter how you look at it and by the way kumoko do it just to save sariel not to save humanity. One more thing. Didn't shun follow the Pope's plan? I think the Pope's plans the best so far.
But trying to stop it just because of that without another plan to fix it is basically like sacrificing the whole world just for your self-righteousness.

We don't really know what the Pope's plan actually is. From what we know so far it seems just to maintain the status quo but it's been pointed out that just that wouldn't work and the pope should be smart enough to realize this so it's likely there's more to the plan.
heroeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-25, 22:13   Link #8825
sierra117
Harem Seeker

Quote:
Pope’s plan caused just as much dead, but also will cause permanently damage to the souls
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
-Dantalian, Dungeon Defense-
sierra117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-26, 16:18   Link #8826
joako210293
goomoonryong666

Quote:
If i remember correctly The pope's plan is basicaly sacrifice the goddess ("again") or Gyuri (or both), to give their MA energy to the planet . The pope is in a way a broken person who is seriously compromise to save the largest number of humans even if he have to kill a lot of humans as well. he knows that the humans have a lot of sins in them and is in gran part their fault that their world goes to shit, but at this point after fighting for them for a long time he cant back away.

in a sense all parts are equally selfifh, Shiro wants to help Ariel not the Goddess, Ariel wants to freed the Goddess, the Gooddes want to help humanity (in my view she is kind of broken since she even wanted to save Potimas (because he is human) even though every thing he did), pope want to save humans, and Gyuri wants to acomplishe what the goddesse wants.
And Shun just goes with the flow with not knowing anything and ingnoring the selfishnes of his own actions, mascaraded it with righteous.
In my point of view every one are selfish and are neither righteous or wrong in their doing but they accepted their own faults, but Shun didnt, he keeps thinking tha he is righteous.
joako210293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-27, 13:29   Link #8827
tsunade666

The pope's plan won't be able to save the future. sacrificing the gods, for now, will fix the problem but its just a prolonging the problem. it would happen again in the future and this time, with no gods to help them.

unless they address the problem of the planet going bonkers and the souls can't reincarnate further to help fix the system, then they are doomed.
Old 2021-07-28, 07:07   Link #8828
cadu_

Quote:
Originally Posted by joako210293 View Post
If i remember correctly The pope's plan is basicaly sacrifice the goddess ("again") or Gyuri (or both), to give their MA energy to the planet . The pope is in a way a broken person who is seriously compromise to save the largest number of humans even if he have to kill a lot of humans as well. he knows that the humans have a lot of sins in them and is in gran part their fault that their world goes to shit, but at this point after fighting for them for a long time he cant back away.

in a sense all parts are equally selfifh, Shiro wants to help Ariel not the Goddess, Ariel wants to freed the Goddess, the Gooddes want to help humanity (in my view she is kind of broken since she even wanted to save Potimas (because he is human) even though every thing he did), pope want to save humans, and Gyuri wants to acomplishe what the goddesse wants.
And Shun just goes with the flow with not knowing anything and ingnoring the selfishnes of his own actions, mascaraded it with righteous.
In my point of view every one are selfish and are neither righteous or wrong in their doing but they accepted their own faults, but Shun didnt, he keeps thinking tha he is righteous.
This only solves the problem of lack in MA energy. You forgot the problem of the souls which can't be solved with the plan mentioned by the Pope.
Old 2021-12-13, 02:00   Link #8829
Huh...?

LN v16 is going to be the Finale, it seems
https://twitter.com/MangaMoguraRE/st...25701265338369

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-13, 16:36   Link #8830
Gerard07

The end is near ... well I hope the series has a good ending with characters like Shiro, Sophia and Oni-kun having a happy ending (I still hope they will revive Kyoya in some way), regarding Shun. .. with which I stop being so naive I am satisfied a little.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-13, 23:48   Link #8831
tsunade666

I haven't had any news on what's latest to happen. slow press is slow press, making me forget the story.
Old 2021-12-31, 10:31   Link #8832
kari-no-sugata II

Well, I suspected it would happen... with the LNs coming to an end the WN releases are restarting.

Chapter 589 is out in raw and looks like we're going to get a high rate of releases to the end. I'm currently on holiday so won't be able to start translating soon though...

Spoiler for if you want a mini summary:
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-03, 11:19   Link #8833
kari-no-sugata II

Translation for "Final Battle 13" is up.

Spoiler for some thoughts:
Old 2022-01-04, 13:44   Link #8834
Sparteh

Are there any major differences between the WN and LN versions of the story?
Sparteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-04, 14:25   Link #8835
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparteh View Post
Are there any major differences between the WN and LN versions of the story?
At a very very high level, it's the same story. One minor character is very different in the LN but most characters are basically the same.

At a low level though, from LN4 onwards it's quite different. Often entirely different (100% re-write and unique plot). Because of that there's definitely value in reading the LNs as well.

I would say that the LNs are a bit "tamer" - the WNs have a lot more dark humour. On the other hand, I would say that the LNs have smoother story and character progression for the most part.
Old 2022-01-16, 16:47   Link #8836
kari-no-sugata II

FYI translations of the WNs are up to date now... just got to wait for the author to start writing again. Two weeks and no updates after a nasty cliff. Sigh...
Old 2022-01-16, 17:14   Link #8837
tsunade666

thanks for the heads up but I will probably wait for the end here. if its nearing climax, I prefer reading it in one go.
Old 2022-01-16, 20:08   Link #8838
Gerard07

Reading the translated chapters, it turns out that Shun's cheat ability also works against Shiro?, I hope she returns the situation, I wouldn't like the ending to be like that.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-17, 10:30   Link #8839
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
thanks for the heads up but I will probably wait for the end here. if its nearing climax, I prefer reading it in one go.
For what it's worth the LN has already ended. I don't think the WN is going to have the same ending but either way it should be close to the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard07 View Post
Reading the translated chapters, it turns out that Shun's cheat ability also works against Shiro?, I hope she returns the situation, I wouldn't like the ending to be like that.
It's probably worth remembering that the System has broken the laws of physics and causality across an entire planet. For example, normal poisons are continuously eliminated and Shiro can't do anything about that without first breaking the entire System.

I've sometimes wondered if we might ever see Shiro fully understand all the magecraft in the System. That would be interesting...
Old 2022-01-17, 11:00   Link #8840
Estzero1

I was kinda surprised hearing Vol.16 is the final volume. So if the LN ending is considered the good ending and the web novel will be the bad ending, does it mean that either Shiraori will destroy the system or the gods will be sacrificed? Correct me if I'm wrong but that's the understanding I got from reading the wiki entry.

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, non-human mc, reincarnation