Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-03-27, 11:34   Link #1081
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
But, she was easily the most likable character in the series, if you ask me... and the series didn't really have that many (likable characters, that is).
I disagree. I liked every character in that series except for Kazuya and Mika. And I didn't even hate Mika later on. Psycho people are interesting XD
Old 2007-03-27, 11:53   Link #1082
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
I disagree. I liked every character in that series except for Kazuya and Mika. And I didn't even hate Mika later on. Psycho people are interesting XD
well kazuya is likable in a twisted way tho im sure someone out there loves his orgasmic grunts ^-^ me on the other hand i would like him to just die

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-27, 13:15   Link #1083
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
well kazuya is likable in a twisted way tho im sure someone out there loves his orgasmic grunts ^-^ me on the other hand i would like him to just die
Why would you want such a great man to die? A man who is at the limits of his GARness. <3
Old 2007-03-27, 16:13   Link #1084
Chiibi

I just found him so damn annoying...XD
Old 2007-03-27, 18:27   Link #1085
Aurelia aurita
???

I thought he was so amusing, and cool because he kicked Kyoshiro's behind so easily. (Still despises Kyoshiro.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
We need lots and lots of avatars and gifs for Setsuna from the last episode.

And I do give both my thanks and congratulations to Ayako for their work in subbing Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora.
Haha, funny that you should say that. I was in the process of making one when I read that. I just finished making this one:

I need to fix some of the first frames though. I made one with the full resolution of the same scene, but it ended up being about 9.7MB. This file size of this one is much better, but still too big for an avatar, which I'd been hoping to use.
She looked so pretty and sparkly at the end.
Aurelia aurita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-27, 22:24   Link #1086
dojikyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
*shrug* hey if a shounen show with a shoujo-flavored romance isn't your thing...

But you HAVE to admit the animation was way better.
I don't know about that. The fight against the steel angels, the bland vines, etc were just as bad as the uppercut from KnM.

As for the overall quality of the two series. Meh. I purchased KnM, in hopes it would lead to the licensing of a series which isn't about lesbians but is often presumed to be so (Marimite). I see no need to purchase this series.

To buy either KGNE or Shuffle in hopes that Canvas2 will get licensed? Hmmm.

Back to Kyoshiro. I probably would have liked the series better if it didn't reuse so much the character designs and plots from past Kaishaku works. Reusing your character designs is one thing but reusing the plot as well is pretty bad. The opening theme didn't seem to match the pictures accompanying it.
dojikyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-27, 22:35   Link #1087
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Densetsu Tsubasa View Post
I thought he was so amusing, and cool because he kicked Kyoshiro's behind so easily. (Still despises Kyoshiro.)

Haha, funny that you should say that. I was in the process of making one when I read that. I just finished making this one:

I need to fix some of the first frames though. I made one with the full resolution of the same scene, but it ended up being about 9.7MB. This file size of this one is much better, but still too big for an avatar, which I'd been hoping to use.
She looked so pretty and sparkly at the end.

Moe. Now to make my day I just need another avatar of short-haired Setsuna.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 09:26   Link #1088
Chiibi

Quote:
Argh why do you STILL hate him so much? He redeemed himself, stopped his wrongdoings and now treats Setsuna with full respect. What's left to hate?
Old 2007-03-29, 10:04   Link #1089
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
It's all a matter of personal preferences, really. Some characters are hated just because it's a generally widespread opinion while some characters are hated because they did something wrong to the character some viewers like. Hey, what's new?
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 15:25   Link #1090
Rall)eon117X
Lightning Alchemist

I just finished watching the last episode of KtTnS. I loved it! Even though it didn't have much action, it was really nice. Sad that Kuu had to leave halfway through, but to see her at the end meeting with Kyoshiro in the real meeting of her dreams was all worth it. Seeing her clueless for the first 5 seconds after seeing him with long hair while she was a little girl was a bonus too! :P.

Im happy Setsuna decided to not resent Kuu anymore and seemed to be okay. Im happy she didnt remain with short hair after she cut it off near the end too. But is still feel really sorry for her. She never really got anything out of all of this. But it was a nice happy ending, a welcome experience after I've been watching too many tragic anime lately.
Rall)eon117X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 15:34   Link #1091
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Eh, you could say she got some new friends. Does not seem like the absolute angels will do anything bad anymore.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 15:54   Link #1092
Aurelia aurita
???

Can't explain what is it exactly, but I want to punch his bishie face in every time I see him.

...Maybe his pedophilic tendencies? At least Chikane and Himeko were the same age when they reincarnated. I don't see how you and other people like Kuu and Kyoshiro so much, but I'm not going to harp on you guys for it; it's a personal taste.

Fixed up my animation a little:

And Guido, there's a picture of her with short hair on the official website:
http://www.kyoshiro-sora.net/chara/image/setsuna_03.gif
Old 2007-03-29, 20:45   Link #1093
Tsuki-Miko-14
aRed moon look evil to me

Location: do u like to know where ............well im in hell ,are you happy now
Send a message via AIM to Tsuki-Miko-14
ah i cant choose setsuna look both cute with long and short hair .
time to time i thing kuu and kyoshiro look cute togther
but im more in to the kuu and setsuna
Tsuki-Miko-14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 14:01   Link #1094
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

New Megami Scan

Spoiler for work unsafe. Group bathing:
Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 18:37   Link #1095
Aurelia aurita
???

I miss watching Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora on Fridays.
Old 2007-03-30, 18:49   Link #1096
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Densetsu Tsubasa View Post
I miss watching Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora on Fridays.
Oh? You miss the feeling of wanting to bash Kyoshiro's face in?

Just kidding. You could always rewatch it, or turn your attention to other animes. There are plenty coming out this April, after all.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 19:09   Link #1097
Honey_and_Cleaver

The three trios in this anime, Kyoushiro,Setsuna and Kuu. Setsuna who sticks around Kyoushiro like a fool and Kuu useless and pethatic. Kyoushiro the stupidest among all. This anime is has too many fools. Kazuya was way doing the evil thing over(prefered Tsubasa -Nii san in KnM). This anime is not serious at all. Almost Kaishaku did it to satisfy all the fans who was drilling them about Knm.

Well this anime is about love sick fools. It provided some degree of entertainment, i guess the real entertainment was during the explaination and the arrival of the asshole Kazuya. Before that it was all characters trying to behave pethatic and symphathatic,kissing each other like a slut.

Honestly,the reason why i was watching this anime was because of Kaon and Himeko. But then, they dont really look like how they were in Knm. Kaon looks more soften, her hair is not as dark, i feel the seiyuu isnt doing her best. Himeko, behaving like a replica of Kuu,her hair, not as bright as before. Himeko was bright and her character was cheerful. Kaon was meant to be illuminous, dark, and graceful.

The anime is way too colourfull, but the colour are not dense, the shading feels lesser, and no dept into it.

If i knew the anime was this pethatic, they shouldnt included Chikane and Himeko. They should really just leave them at KnM. It just spoiled the characters.

I dont know how to rank this anime, it varies on peoples taste. This is just my opinion. The ranking goes to the viewers.
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 20:08   Link #1098
Ashlotte
Clockwork

^

Wow harsh for such a silly fun series.

Ah but anyway just marathoned this today out of boredom and need to clean my HD up abit and honestly...It wasnt half bad. It kinda confused me at the start with whether it was shoujo or not, but I guess that didnt really matter in the end. Would have been nice to have seen abit more fighting since those scenes where animated beautifully.

Frankly I watched mostly out of pure "whats gonna happen next" not really because of any interest in kuuxkyoshiro. If I had to pick a pair I enjoyed most it would be sojiro and his little kitten...They just made a really adorable pair and I kinda wished at the end they got more attention. I guess ive seen too many love triangles and yuri for the other pairings to really grab me heh.

But in the end...Really enjoyable bit of animated fluff and I might have to check out the series that you all seem to mention that precedes it.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-31, 01:01   Link #1099
Tsuki-Miko-14
aRed moon look evil to me

Location: do u like to know where ............well im in hell ,are you happy now
Send a message via AIM to Tsuki-Miko-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maids! Maids! Maids! View Post
Spoiler for work unsafe. Group bathing:
i just dont get it why they offical pic of setsuna and kuu but less pic or kyoshiro and kuu togther..........at the end kuu got kyoshiro but not setsuna ....man this is confused
Tsuki-Miko-14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-01, 15:29   Link #1100
Aurelia aurita
???

Tsuki Miko: Megame mostly focuses on anime girls...and of course Kuu and Setsuna are so much more fun to draw than Kuu and Kyoshiro.

So...There's going to be a drama CD released on April 25, the same day as the first DVD. I wonder if the DVD episodes are going to be 16:9 , compared to the broadcast episodes which were in 4:3 (including the black bars on the top and bottom).

I actually preferred the episodes where those black bars were kept in, since the subs didn't block the animation.

Tags
action, fantasy, kaishaku, romance, shounen