AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

View Poll Results: Clannad ~After Story~ - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 94 59.49%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 25.95%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 9.49%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 3.16%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.63%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.27%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-11, 17:57   Link #181
SamKajam

I watched this episode before and didn't think too much of it, but since that time, I've realized what a great person my father was. Coincidentally I ended up watching this episode again and the interaction between Tomoya and his father actually brought tears out of me, but only because it reminded me of my relationship with my dad.

Last edited by SamKajam; 2009-07-12 at 19:44.
Old 2009-07-11, 22:44   Link #182
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Signs of good story telling include multifaceted characters. It's impossible and undesirable for a show to go into every detail of each character's life so we often get characters displayed on a certain manner but like actual people there is more to what they seem to be. Tomoya's struggle with his dad has been a series long conflict with no easy answers. The series does nothing to hide the fact that Tomoya's dad is a broken, irresponsible, and pitiful man. But he wasn't a bad man, or at least he tried hard to be something else. Sometimes even when people fail, it really is the intention that matters. It's easy to judge people for what they do without really understanding the person. And as shown in Kotomi's story, sometimes time you have with the people around you is short and it can be too late to solve misunderstandings. So sometimes keeping in the bitterness is simply not worth it.

Internal struggle is a big part of Clannad. After all, when faced with events outside your control, the only thing you could really control is your own actions. Since the past is obviously outside of one's control, it's only right to work for the future. Tomoya's dad eventually lost this struggle, but if Tomoya succeeds then it wasn't all for nothing. This realization coming at a time when he has ignored his own daughter for so long as of extreme importance.

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2009-07-11 at 23:04.
Old 2010-05-13, 19:33   Link #183
OkamiNoKaze

Yay Fuuko is back,...and awake, that's awesome. They got back into their routines without even missing a beat it seems. The scene where Ushio falls asleep glomped on to the dango was very cute.
Old 2010-05-13, 21:21   Link #184
Aurine
<Honoka-mi>

Send a message via MSN to Aurine
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
Yay Fuuko is back,...and awake, that's awesome. They got back into their routines without even missing a beat it seems. The scene where Ushio falls asleep glomped on to the dango was very cute.
Fuuko's back, though she seems doesn't remember any memories with Tomoya or Nagisa > <