Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-23, 20:19   Link #241
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahak View Post
Because there are things you can't get from bullying the Greater Japanese Empire.

Happiness seems to be one of them for Kyouka, Pyramids don't hug people. And I can't help but think there is more to her demanding a wedding per episode so far than her desire for fireworks and cake. Ouka's unwillingness to see there marriage as more than a fake for the mission does seem to sadden her a bit.

Ouka's willingness to say no to her makes it all the more important to her to sway his opinion. As far as we can tell he's the only person she knows who tries to relate to her as an equal.
Think you have a good insight on it. Plenty of people like a challenge, what they can't have, those willing to stand up to them. Ouka is certainly going to look at things his way and will clash at times with how Kyouka looks at things. Though of course when he does praise her or compliment her its because that's how he feels. Not because he thinks that's what she wants to hear.

After the first episode wasn't sure how those two would interact. But does seem like it will work out somehow. Sometimes Ouka will win out and sometimes/many times Kyouka will have some fun.
Old 2008-04-23, 22:32   Link #242
Tragic
Stuck in Shitstorm
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Tragic
It does seem like Ouka is starting to get used to life with the "family" at least. As FlareKnight said also, he only does compliment her because that's how he feels. He's not exactly the person to just shoot lies off to get her off his back. He's an honest person, which I like about him. XP
Old 2008-04-23, 22:48   Link #243
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

This spring has been a major treat for me . There are lot of animes out on my favorite genre and this is one of them . I like supernatural and this anime satisfies my taste . Also the comedy element is an added bonus .
Old 2008-04-26, 07:06   Link #244
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

I've seen upto episode 2 series . . and man I love it xD I wish to see a subbed episode 3 soon xD

This is one of the most entertaining shows this season. I freakin' love the main characters. Especially Ouka, Kyouya, Yuuka, Ginka, and Chika xD Kyaaa!
Old 2008-04-26, 08:41   Link #245
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

I just bought Vol 1 today and I don't know if the anime will cover this but...

Spoiler for Ouka:

Also they left out a lot of stuff that happened before episode 2

Edit: There's 9 main story books and 3 "extra" books.

Last edited by Sterling01; 2008-04-26 at 08:54.
Old 2008-04-26, 14:32   Link #246
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
Also they left out a lot of stuff that happened before episode 2

Edit: There's 9 main story books and 3 "extra" books.
Yeah, knew that. Was watching on Niconico and there was a commenter who kept on complaining about how they weren't following the novels and spewing out other related stuff too...

Spoiler for ep3:

Spoiler for ep3 AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH! Moment:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2008-04-26 at 15:34. Reason: Forgot about Gekka...
Old 2008-04-26, 14:40   Link #247
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

From what I've seen of the latter Novels...

Spoiler for Yuuka:
Old 2008-04-26, 14:43   Link #248
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep3 AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH! Moment:
Crap.....I'm weak against stuff like that. I blame Aikido for it.
Old 2008-04-26, 16:38   Link #249
Mentar
Banned

Whoah... talk about surprising.

Spoiler:
Old 2008-04-26, 17:15   Link #250
DmonHiro

OK.....it wasn't as hard to watch as I thought. Some scene took some cringing.....especially the flashbacks.....they were painful to watch. Ginka was AWESOME this episode with his "Just an ally of justice" and "Despite how I look, I'm pretty string". And he IS pretty strong....almost everyone is. Hyouka had to hold back during the final confruntation so he would not kill anyone. Ouka once again proved he can fight. Kyouka is way stronger then anyone though she was, as she kicked the most ass. Even Ouka was wondering where that incredible power was coming from. Also...they blew up the mansion.

SO.....except the ass-kicking at the end, and a couple of coments by Kyouka, there was not much comedy this time, even less then last episode. We explore Senkos past. She was indeed the last Solitary Doll, and she eventually broke. She did on to Yuuka as was did onto her. She had an encounter with Ginka when she was little, when Ginka promised he would save her, but he did not. That was the moment she truly broke. Meeting Ginka again reminded her of that pormise and along with the interference of "somone" (you should know who) she was "fixed). After they attack the Oni mansion for some payback, Kyouka gets her into the family by using her ability to controll minds to make the lab think she is also a child of Enka. Senko begs Yuuka for forgiveness....and Yuuka, of course, forgives her.

Interesting things this episode:
- as I thought, Senko was not really evil as much as broken
- Ginka was AWESOME in guy-mode, speaking and acting like a yakuza
- don't piss of this family unless you have and army or two
- Gekka is way more then meets the eye. She seems to have an ability simmilar to Kyouka's
- The Destroyer still has good candidates: Yuuka (Dark side), Kyouka (to powerfull), Gekka (big mystery), Ouka (amnesia, and my money is on him). I don't think the others could be The Destroyer, but this show is full of surprises.
Old 2008-04-26, 17:22   Link #251
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

does Senko remind anyone else of Sugintou? If she was voice by Tanaka Rie, it would be perfect.
Old 2008-04-26, 17:43   Link #252
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Oh yeah, the primary broadcast had a Teika ED this week

Old 2008-04-27, 05:15   Link #253
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
YESSS, Teika's END is the best
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
does Senko remind anyone else of Sugintou? If she was voice by Tanaka Rie, it would be perfect.
Nail head + hammer = hit.

I've just found my favorite character for this series

ep 3
Spoiler:

~Off to change avies~~

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-04-27, 08:56   Link #254
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Finished watching Ep 3: haven't understood everything due to my poor comprehension of japanese but:

Spoiler for spoiler!:
Old 2008-04-27, 09:59   Link #255
Sin Ansem
With this I'm Invincible!

Send a message via AIM to Sin Ansem Send a message via MSN to Sin Ansem
Spoiler for ep 3:

I Am Negima!?, and SO CAN YOU!
Part the First
Part the Second
Abandon Sanity, all ye who read here
Old 2008-04-27, 10:35   Link #256
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin Ansem View Post
Spoiler for ep 3:
Spoiler for 3:

In any case while she had a well let's just say rough start, I think I'm going to like Chika over all. Especially with Kyouka as her mother now. Also maybe it's just me, but some ways it almost feels like this series could be used as analogy for adoption.
Old 2008-04-27, 10:47   Link #257
Seiryuu

Looking at some of these opinions, I've just got to put in my two cents.
Spoiler for if you don't already know about Senko:
Old 2008-04-27, 12:16   Link #258
DmonHiro

Like I keep saying, Senko was never really EVIL. She was brought up in pain, and mostly only knew how to give others pain. The ones who are to blame are the ones who started the tradition of the "Solitary Doll", and the ones who enforced it. At least one of Senko's parents could have been against it, but weren't. THAT is unforgivable, and those "parents" should have their asses handed to them by the Enka familiy. Chika will probably fit right in, since she's just as messed up as everyone else in the family. I doubt the Oni family will try anything, but if they do, you can be sure they will recive Kyouka-sama's Divine Retribution.

BTW, anyone know how many episodes this show will hava? AniDB says 13.......but AniDB also said that Bleach had 52 episodes, so.........
Old 2008-04-27, 12:33   Link #259
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
BTW, anyone know how many episodes this show will hava? AniDB says 13.......but AniDB also said that Bleach had 52 episodes, so.........
26 or 24 episodes
Old 2008-04-27, 12:37   Link #260
DmonHiro

really.......just curious...but how do you know? Who do people get info like that?
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, kemonomimi, loli, shounen