AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-03, 14:06   Link #41
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Or, if Crocodile, being the witty, wily, nonchalant genius he is, decides to just...open up the floor by turning it into sand. Then, using the sand that should, no doubt, be surrounding Magellan in that instant, just suck him dry as a prune.

A prune from a highly poisonous berry, of course. LOL...stale joke.

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Old 2009-06-03, 14:06   Link #42
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

My guess is that...Since he knows a lot about it (enough to comment over Luffy's haki and using his own) Jinbei may teach Luffy how to infuse haki to his fists.Time is short but its a will thing and Luffy is improving it unknowingly at each eposide.I see no other way to drop that monster down.
Old 2009-06-03, 14:27   Link #43
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I knew someone was going to bring this up . If anything though, I'd say that from a distance Crocodile has a slight advantage since he could dematerialize and reappear anywhere he wants. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Crocodile could suck in Magellan's liquid poison with the palm of his hand, just like he did with the water Luffy shot at him.
..In which case, you still have Magellan's fast acting poison gas to deal with. Added to that, I expect that any frontal sand attacks could simply be dissolved, leaving only absorption attacks, which could actually harm Crocodile if he absorbs any of the poison.

That being said, what is to stop Crocodile from simply running away? Ivankov is not there to prevent him from doing anything bad, so I actually expect Crocodile to betray Luffy sometime soon…

In the end, fast and brutal, or iron-clad defense seems to be the only way to go to defeat Magellan. Luffy in Gear 2 with some Wax boxing gloves, could just be the solution needed to defeat Magellan (added to that, Luffy in Gear 2 with an Adrenaline shot, should make his metabolic rate truly awesome, so it is possible that he will be able to burn through Magellan's poison faster than he can be injured from said poisons).
Old 2009-06-03, 14:59   Link #44
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Added to that, I expect that any frontal sand attacks could simply be dissolved, leaving only absorption attacks, which could actually harm Crocodile if he absorbs any of the poison.
How would Crocodile's frontal sand attacks be dissolved/liquefied? Just by coming into contact with the liquid poison on Magellan's body? I don't think there is enough liquid on his body to completely nullify Crocodile's attacks.

This situation would be somewhat analogous to Gear 2 Luffy vs. Aokiji. In Gear 2, Luffy's body generates a significant amount of heat, as shown both when his skin complexion changes and steam comes out. However, this would not be enough to break through/weaken Aokiji's Ice Logia defenses, I feel.

Quote:
That being said, what is to stop Crocodile from simply running away? Ivankov is not there to prevent him from doing anything bad, so I actually expect Crocodile to betray Luffy sometime soon…
Agreed. This sounds very plausible at this point. Ivankov is no longer there to keep him in check, and since Luffy is Magellan's primary target, he can use the opportunity to escape when they begin to fight. Their duel will be his diversion to get away.
Old 2009-06-03, 15:59   Link #45
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
How would Crocodile's frontal sand attacks be dissolved/liquefied? Just by coming into contact with the liquid poison on Magellan's body? I don't think there is enough liquid on his body to completely nullify Crocodile's attacks.
I never said that Crocodile's attack would be liquified just by coming in contact with Magallan's body. Rather, any attack from Crocodile I could see being liquified by any attack from Magellan.
Old 2009-06-03, 16:51   Link #46
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
I never said that Crocodile's attack would be liquified just by coming in contact with Magallan's body. Rather, any attack from Crocodile I could see being liquified by any attack from Magellan.
In that case, yes I agree with you. Technically though, Crocodile's sand attacks could also render Magellan's liquid poison attacks useless because the sand can absorb all of the liquid poison and become essentially mud (kind of like a soaked sponge). In other words, the effectiveness for both abilities in long range battle would be canceled out.
Old 2009-06-03, 16:56   Link #47
marvelB

Heh, I chuckled at Iva's heavy makeup defense. Anyway, it looks like the okama king's "defeat" may have taken place offscreen after all. It still sucks that both him and Inazuma are going to be MIA for a while, but..... oh well. Hopefully they'll make a big comeback within the next few chapters.....

As far as tge rest of the pics go, I loved Buggy and Mr. 3's reaction to their up-close encounter with Crocodile. Also, the fact that Magellan requested a ship seems to imply that he's going to chase Luffy out to sea..... if so, this will most definitely be Jinbei's time to shine. I'm still expecting Luffy to be the one to take out the warden in the end, though..... preferably in his Candle Champion armor.

Also, I'm extremely certain that in due time (whether it takes 3 or 30 chapters), we'll see Blackbeard's crew down in level 6, with no sign of being poisoned whatsoever, ready to unleash some more monsters from the depths of hell.......
Old 2009-06-03, 19:33   Link #48
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post

Also, I'm extremely certain that in due time (whether it takes 3 or 30 chapters), we'll see Blackbeard's crew down in level 6, with no sign of being poisoned whatsoever, ready to unleash some more monsters from the depths of hell.......
Your probably right about Blackbeard.

He joins Whitebeard for the Devil fruit, and he joins the Shichibukai for the chance to recruit some more crew.
Old 2009-06-03, 23:03   Link #49
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

What is the point of the Shichibukai group? Yes they make deals with WG, perform duty for them and maintain the balance between the The Three Great Power. But what good is it if they are untrustworthy and unreliable. When the coming war starts does the WG expect them to really hold up on there words? The Shichibukai are more likely to turn on the WG then fight with them. Bartholomew Kuma save the staw hat crew from destruction and defied Admiral Kizaru when he asks questions at the island. Marshal D. Teach does what ever he wants regardless of if he looses Shichibukai Status or keeps it. Crocodile was given chance to have his Shichibukai status but declined it. Boa Hancock helped Luffy get into impel Down. Gecko Moria ass got kicked by the straw hat crew. Jinbei was revoked because he didn't want to fight White Beard. The Shichibukai are like wild cards. If white beard dies there will be huge power vacuum in the world. White Beard, WG, any of the Shichibukai members, four great pirates, or black beard could have possible advantage. Why does the world government keep such a risk group like these with them knowing they could turn on them? They should get more admirals with logia powers to replace the Shichibukai groups.
Old 2009-06-04, 02:15   Link #50
marvelB

^Well, Jinbei's status hasn't been revoked, yet. It's definitely teetering on the edge of being revoked, but for the moment it's still intact......

Anyway, it was ultimately the government's decision to form the Shichibukai. We already know that the marines distrusted them from the beginning (Sengoku's reaction to Doflamingo messing around with the marines in that meeting comes to mind). I suppose the government figured that the best way to battle piracy was to think like a pirate, and what better way to do that than using some of those very pirates at their disposal? It's really not a bad idea in theory since the Shichibukai, as pirates themselves, have better knowledge of what dirty deeds are going on across the seas than the marines do. They also have the advantage of being less conspicuous amongst other criminals than a marine officer would. But most importantly, having powerful pirates on the side of the government would maintain the world's balance, as was pointed out so many times throughout the series. Remember how Crocodile was regarded as a hero in Alabasta? Seeing once-notorious criminals fighting for the side of justice would bring a ray of hope to the innocent folks who're suffering from piracy......

Yes, so far we've seen most of the Shichibukai betray the government in some way, but the way I see it, the government's still determined to keep them in power for the reasons I already elaborated on above. And if any of them DO end up getting their status pulled, they'll just get replaced. There's plenty of pirates for the government to choose from (personally, I still think the supernovas would make the best candidates ).....
Old 2009-06-04, 08:01   Link #51
syler321

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
They should get more admirals with logia powers to replace the Shichibukai groups.

maybe after all the shichibukai wil lbetray the goverment they will...

blackbeard already did,kuma is defintly a double agent or something like that,hes got his own intrests,and so does all the other shichibukai...

maybe after the WB arc the WG will simply bring more logia users for admirals or vice admirals,and the shichibukai will keep doing what they do only as pirates who dosent have a the WG protection to do what ever they want and the admirals will look for them...
Old 2009-06-04, 09:30   Link #52
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Yes, so far we've seen most of the Shichibukai betray the government in some way, but the way I see it, the government's still determined to keep them in power for the reasons I already elaborated on above. And if any of them DO end up getting their status pulled, they'll just get replaced. There's plenty of pirates for the government to choose from (personally, I still think the supernovas would make the best candidates ).....
I agree, I see it just as collateral, even if the Sichibukai acts all rogue and stuff, the WG still have them on their side, which at the end its all that really matter.

We have seen Marines act with the same viciousness (maybe not so much, but still) like Axe morgan that had an entire town in terror, or the corrupt Marine that was bribed by the Arlong crew. Or the whole Omaha incident, Even if they are the law, the Marines have also dirty cloths as much as those Sichibukai have, So the logic goes like this “If a group of my subordinates act in an uncontrolled way and I don’t really mind it, what’s the damage on hiring more people like that which help can overlap the problem they can cause me?”
Old 2009-06-04, 23:55   Link #53
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

well from looks of it Magallen did have trouble with Iva but no where near as much as I initially thought. Old Mags is truly badass but seems Mr 3 could put up a better fight than anyone else so far, thats what really interests me right now.

Thats what I like about DFs some seem rather meh and others are whoa but some of the meh can totally own the whoa, its a great system really
Old 2009-06-05, 04:07   Link #54
Prestige

I try to be as critical and observe chapters with criticism but these are just way too good...

There is no signs of slowing down but instead everything is just escalating in scale.

Magellan is unstoppable force of destruction oblitirating everything in his path...I hope Ivankov and Inazuma are ok, magellans poison is sure potent and getting contaminated of that high levels are fatal, lets hope Ivankov have some tricks on sleeve, they are great charecters both and I hope we will see them in future too.

Mr.3 stealed much of the show in end of the chapter, his candle wall was nice and logical counter to Magellans poison, or not perhaps counter but good way to slow him down if its even possible.

Magellan hinted something about ships outside, Jinbei was worried and told they could pose much bigger problem than Magellan... amazing art in this chapter too.
Old 2009-06-05, 04:10   Link #55
james0246

Now that the full chapter has been released, I have to say I love how the Demon Guards woke up and then were promptly defeated within one panel. It was hilarious. Not to mention the Manticore brief (pun intended) reappearance. And, of course, the stray prisoner commenting on the perverts coming up from Level 2 (that prisoner sure had some good eyes to tell apart the perverts and the regular prisoners...).

All in all, great action, great pace, and great comedy.

As for Magellan's comments concerning the ships, I assume that Magellan ordered them to be sunk so that, in a worst case scenario that he is defeated, the prisoners will not be able to escape the prison. That is true dedication, and it is pretty hard core...if it is true .
Old 2009-06-05, 04:33   Link #56
d' airscapez
stranded in new york

great chapter :P

Last edited by d' airscapez; 2009-06-05 at 05:14.
Old 2009-06-05, 05:09   Link #57
ChaosPaladin
Bringer of Order & Chaos

the storytelling in this chapter is really good!! it is fast paced and even though it is fast, it is peppered through out with really funny jokes. i really luv the part where the demon guards appear, owning the prisoners in one sec and then beaten up in another. the reaction of buggy and 3 are super hilarious. especially the panel where they are punctured by the speech balloon when luffy say they are alright
Old 2009-06-05, 05:10   Link #58
Vree

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
What is the point of the Shichibukai group? Yes they make deals with WG, perform duty for them and maintain the balance between the The Three Great Power. But what good is it if they are untrustworthy and unreliable. When the coming war starts does the WG expect them to really hold up on there words? The Shichibukai are more likely to turn on the WG then fight with them. Bartholomew Kuma save the staw hat crew from destruction and defied Admiral Kizaru when he asks questions at the island. Marshal D. Teach does what ever he wants regardless of if he looses Shichibukai Status or keeps it. Crocodile was given chance to have his Shichibukai status but declined it. Boa Hancock helped Luffy get into impel Down. Gecko Moria ass got kicked by the straw hat crew. Jinbei was revoked because he didn't want to fight White Beard. The Shichibukai are like wild cards. If white beard dies there will be huge power vacuum in the world. White Beard, WG, any of the Shichibukai members, four great pirates, or black beard could have possible advantage. Why does the world government keep such a risk group like these with them knowing they could turn on them? They should get more admirals with logia powers to replace the Shichibukai groups.

The same reason why they let Gaoler Shiryuu out even though he's a known criminal.

And yes, I agree.
Old 2009-06-05, 07:50   Link #59
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Ok my guess is all the ship will be sunk, Mag will be defeated, and SH "ride" Jinbei or his ship (underwater seaman crews come to save their boss for e.g.) to the execution ground to save Ace, where he realise that him being there is not necessary cause Ace will be saved by WB or Dragon
Old 2009-06-05, 09:18   Link #60
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

By the way, while I was reading the okama kenpo vs poison scenes I reminded of Sanji.Could it be that Sanji may learn some new kicks from okama kenpo now that he...she has fallen into the horde? Otherwise why making such a straight character like sanji a transvestite? Mellorine will never be the same after this incident!
Closed Thread