AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2009-07-14, 12:45   Link #101
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

I wouldn't call this Harem.

More Layfon is just being his badass self and the girls just flock to his mad skillz.
Old 2009-07-20, 20:13   Link #102
blewin

I thought Harem is one guy character surrounded by main and side characters who are all (majority anyway) females. I'd classify CSR as Harem but not in terms of fanservice Harem (which is GOOD! I can't stand Harum just for the sake of fanservice).

Anyway, Chapter 3 is up.

Spoiler for Chapter 3:

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 00:53   Link #103
Johnny
Working the bags...

Thanks for the new chapter...Like the part with the his past training as well...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 02:58   Link #104
tsunade666

Thanks for the translations. And Nina really did consider layfon and respect him. Its just in the anime, to me nina is only avoiding layfon and trying to get stronger herself, more like jealousy. The translation of the novel really helps.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 04:29   Link #105
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

man good job blewin. Also this chapter gives more insight on how heaven's bladers work. It's a very dog eat dog world for them even when they get into the heaven's blade..
Old 2009-07-22, 11:18   Link #106
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

This is really how the anime should of been done.

Already in 2 Volumes of the LN we missed so much...God damn money grubbers.

Maybe we'll get an OVA that will actually follow the correct story...Like Hellsing.
Old 2009-07-22, 14:34   Link #107
tsunade666

I doubt it. Them following the novel. They starting trashing it already. They will not follow it that easily.
Old 2009-07-24, 01:34   Link #108
blewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Thanks for the translations. And Nina really did consider layfon and respect him. Its just in the anime, to me nina is only avoiding layfon and trying to get stronger herself, more like jealousy. The translation of the novel really helps.
Jealousy, exactly! I'm glad the LN Nina shows a stronger personality than mere jealousy. The novels really make you sympathise with her, what with her not being a genius, feeling frustrated and trying sooo hard to Layfon's standard (see more in next chapter).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums
This is really how the anime should of been done.
The problem with novel adaptation is always "internal thoughts". Most of the novels aren't written with a heavy dialogue focus. A lot of feelings are shown through the character's inner thoughts. um.... which remains me of Crest of the star, a novel adaption that sticks close to the novel style - and drags down the anime pace. It's not bad, but watching that anime can get tedious, bogged down by too much inner rumbling. I wonder whether Layfon's appearance would remain as badass in the anime would be if the anime shows his internal thoughts every single second.

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2009-07-24, 03:58   Link #109
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
No...he would've become another Shinji Ikari. So someone with strong internal problem+ badass talent. But the thing really problematic in the anime's they added a way too many things without consideration to keep the original characters' image. For example Felli became a gag character, Layfon has dual personality and Nina's somewhat random with her actions. They added and excluded serious things. To an extend where for example Nina's somewhat admirable and likable character changed into an impatient emotional rollercoaster.
Anyways I forgot to comment the last chapters: They're quite good.
Spoiler for vol 2 ch 4:
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-25, 05:04   Link #110
tsunade666

I'm enjoying more as the translation keeps coming up. As for felli being stero type is not bad for me. But layfon having a dual personality like some kind of super hero or villain is kinda annoying. The anime's money hunger without explanation and layfon sudden change of mood all of a sudden like its natural from killing to fighting and getting series and not child like. His kinda childish in the novel.
Old 2009-07-28, 20:12   Link #111
blewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
No...he would've become another Shinji Ikari. So someone with strong internal problem+ badass talent. But the thing really problematic in the anime's they added a way too many things without consideration to keep the original characters' image. For example Felli became a gag character, Layfon has dual personality and Nina's somewhat random with her actions. They added and excluded serious things. To an extend where for example Nina's somewhat admirable and likable character changed into an impatient emotional rollercoaster.
Anyways I forgot to comment the last chapters: They're quite good.
Spoiler for vol 2 ch 4:
They ought to give Nina some internal monologue in the anime. That'd have worked in Nina's favour.

Chapter 4 is up.

Spoiler for Vol 2 Ch 4:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
His kinda childish in the novel.
yeah, I agree with ya. Not childish in terms of fighting filth monsters and the state of the world, but pretty naive and simple when it comes to himself and interacting with people.

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2009-07-29, 01:13   Link #112
Johnny
Working the bags...

Thanks for the new chapter blewin...

I like the extra insight we get from the trio, and their dealings with Layfon. Understandable in the anime as they were side characters, but sometimes side characters are more enjoyable then the main characters...
Old 2009-07-29, 04:18   Link #113
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

For example: Jeremiah "cybernetic loyal orange" Gottwald
As a memorable side character.

Back to topic. It was a rather enjoyable chapter but I somehow missed the Layfon lecture part. I guess it's in the next one.
Spoiler for vol2 ch4 revelations:
Old 2009-07-29, 08:12   Link #114
holyman282

MAN the novel is so good.... Layfon seems so much more aware of the circumstances and his explanation of a heaven's blader is very defined.

Also just to point out blewin you made a mistake in the spelling, as Nina doesn't say restorable but it's restoration.
Old 2009-07-29, 15:41   Link #115
giorno

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
For example: Jeremiah "cybernetic loyal orange" Gottwald
As a memorable side character.
you know, the majority of fans watched R2 only for that side character...he was actually the true main character

and what's cybernetic loyal orange, call him with his proper name, "orenji"
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-08, 17:15   Link #116
Johnny
Working the bags...

Thanks for the new chapter blewin. The Felli naming session was too funny, outshined the anime by a longshot...
Old 2009-08-08, 21:26   Link #117
satomianzaki

thanks blewin...
satomianzaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-08, 21:29   Link #118
holyman282

Wow amazing simply amazing... chapter 5 was so emotional the internal dialogues performed by the characters are so well done and gives so much insight....

My favourite part would have to be Nina thinking to herself as she faced the filth monster wondering if Layfon always had to face this alone... REally really touching...
Old 2009-08-09, 05:10   Link #119
blewin

yeah, love the Felli naming session too. Trust Layfon to come up with something so original that hits the nail right on the spot.

agree. Nina definitely earns more points in the novels. She now thinks from Layfon's perspective, as opposed to when she first heard of his reason behind the underground matches and she hated him for it.

I sympathise with Nina for being so normal and average (you could say everyone in team 17 is a genius.. Layfon obviously, Felli with her psychokinesis, Harley's awesome techno skill, Sharnid's sniping skill). Nina seems to represent the more average type that tries hard to reach the high standard but not getting there and is fully aware that she'd need a super-long period of time to reach it (or might not even reach it). I'm liking Nina more and more.

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2009-08-09, 05:49   Link #120
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

That's why TV shows hardly enough to show the emotions the books show. And because of the production costs the action scenes are better too in the novels. Man...just imagining ep 7 with the exact way Layfon fought in the light novels...
Spoiler for vol2 ch5:

And in case if justinstrife looks on the topic: Nina isn't inconsiderate and that busy in the novels(at least for now). You may end up liking her.
Well my favourite list in the novels:
-Nina(natural, as she's the current heroine in the last two volumes)
-Layfon(maybe he's weak willed, but his detailed emotions and thoughts makes up for that)
-Felli(kind, but abusive and mysterious girl...her physical abuses are "replaced with" mental abuses)
-Sharnid(Sometimes I wish we could see his inner thoughts too...even if it's mainly focuses on different girls from school...or maybe because of that:P)

Anyways, I think this topic is the only one that keeps the regios forums alive. I think it'll stay like that, sorrily.

P.S.:How long is the epilogue? The previous one wasn't too long, but contained some pretty gold moments. So my hopes are high for the current one!

Tags
fantasy, shounen