AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-04-10, 00:45   Link #81
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by karuroso View Post
Why this seriers has "Dance" on the title? did i missed something ? D=
It's kind of a pun, I think...well, Dan is a group, and su is just an addition at the end, so Dan-su = Dance. I guess it's kinda like this.
Old 2011-04-10, 02:32   Link #82
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Lacrosse? It looked more like a field hockey stick to me.

This is a lacrosse stick. Himeko's stick looked more like this hockey stick.
Yeah it's a field hockey stick. I guess Quarkboy might have been a bit confused with a regular hockey stick.
Old 2011-04-10, 04:06   Link #83
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
It's kind of a pun, I think...well, Dan is a group, and su is just an addition at the end, so Dan-su = Dance. I guess it's kinda like this.
Pretty much this. Sket dan desu (we're the Sket dan) -> Sket dan su -> Sket dance. I've always wondered what the title meant until this episode. For a long time, I thought this series had some actual dance in it
Old 2011-04-10, 04:07   Link #84
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Lacrosse? It looked more like a field hockey stick to me.

This is a lacrosse stick. Himeko's stick looked more like this hockey stick.
Sorry right. Fieldhockey. I knew that.

Still have nagisa on my brain I guess.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 20:08   Link #85
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

I felt like the anime director completely lacked the "style" the original manga had.
Bleach anime (especially the second OP) did a good job with doing Kubo Tite's style justice, but that's exactly what I felt this one was lacking.

And the usages of "tame" (stretch out a scene for dramatic effect) was totally off, I wish they get a better director.
And the gags weren't performed well... for the lack of equivalent English word, ギャグにキレがない。

That being said, it was still enjoyable, but I feel a lot could be improved on this anime rendition.

Oh, and on a personal note.... I'm disappointed with the treatment of Momoka and Reiko as random side mob characters in the ending!
I love Captain and Roman, but both Momoka and Reiko are just as important side characters as these two!
They get single-shots, and even the obscure-Chinese-games teacher and Visual-kei-obsessed freak get their own spots, but Momoka and Reiko are thrown in the mob bunch? Sacrilege!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
Well I didn't think it was that funny and the way they're setting this up, it feels episodic but I like the characters and the energy. I'll watch another episode I guess. Maybe it gets better.
You should probably stick around for the "serious" episodes.
This series is usually nonsensical comedy and just general silliness, but when it gets to the "serious" episodes.... you'll need to be ready with a tissue box.
A BIG tissue box.

It's very hard-hitting, depressing, and heart-wrenching.
I'll admit, I bawled my eyes out in some of those arcs.
I really, REALLY hope the anime does justice to those episodes. If they do it right, it'll be among the best anime episodes you will see in all of 2011.

Last edited by aohige; 2011-04-11 at 20:32.
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-12, 02:02   Link #86
numb3rs

pondering wether or not to watch it.
seems eerily similar to Ookami-san To Sinchin No Namaka-Tachi from the summary...
Old 2011-04-12, 02:26   Link #87
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
I felt like the anime director completely lacked the "style" the original manga had.
Bleach anime (especially the second OP) did a good job with doing Kubo Tite's style justice, but that's exactly what I felt this one was lacking.

And the usages of "tame" (stretch out a scene for dramatic effect) was totally off, I wish they get a better director.
And the gags weren't performed well... for the lack of equivalent English word, ギャグにキレがない。
Watching the episode again, and yeah we have a major problem which is the director who isn't translating the humour all that well. He's done comedy before, though Sket Dance is a whole different ball park.

I still think it'll take a few episodes until the director knows what he's doing.

Quote:
Oh, and on a personal note.... I'm disappointed with the treatment of Momoka and Reiko as random side mob characters in the ending!
I love Captain and Roman, but both Momoka and Reiko are just as important side characters as these two!
Momoko especially. She's one of my favourite characters in the series.
Old 2011-04-12, 03:50   Link #88
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I still think it'll take a few episodes until the director knows what he's doing.
Well considering it took the manga more than a few chapters to find its feet than no problem right

Quote:
They get single-shots, and even the obscure-Chinese-games teacher and Visual-kei-obsessed freak get their own spots, but Momoka and Reiko are thrown in the mob bunch? Sacrilege!
Momoka > Roman > Captain > Reiko.

Surprised at the lack of focus Momoka got in the OP... I'm pretty damn sure she's been in the manga more than Captain and Reiko... I have to admit I was a bit annoyed at that...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-12, 04:01   Link #89
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Well considering it took the manga more than a few chapters to find its feet than no problem right
Seeing as though i brought that up a page back, yes.

Quote:
Surprised at the lack of focus Momoka got in the OP... I'm pretty damn sure she's been in the manga more than Captain and Reiko... I have to admit I was a bit annoyed at that...
Momoko and Reiko have about the same screentime.

Looking at the OP's for Gintama, then i must say we're pretty lucky to even see some of these characters in the first OP. It just makes me think that the director plans to move chapters around and introduce everyone straight away, which is fine with me because i want to see my favourite arc animated if possible.
Old 2011-04-12, 07:26   Link #90
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring

Not bad, originally thought this was about some dancing group. Partially like Ookami i think
FlavorOfLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-12, 13:21   Link #91
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Here's hoping Momoka has more of a presence in the ED, but still, I share your sentiments.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-12, 23:26   Link #92
blewin

I quite enjoyed the first episode. Never guessed the transfer student was the culprit.
Looking forwad to more.

was a bit worried about Bossen acting like Victorica in Gossick... but he's better, I reckon.

Hilarious that the girl's the only one fighting. lol.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-13, 10:53   Link #93
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
A certain character will not be happy @ these comments saying this lacks supernatural elements lol.
FYI, I'm a Switch fan, so I think you can figure out my response
Quote:
You should probably stick around for the "serious" episodes.
This series is usually nonsensical comedy and just general silliness, but when it gets to the "serious" episodes.... you'll need to be ready with a tissue box.
A BIG tissue box.
Several BIG tissue boxes.

Seriously.
Quote:
Roman > Captain > Momoka > Reiko.

Fixed

That being said it's somewhat strange how they've been sort of misplaced (? lol) in the opening, but I suppose it has to do with how much ''impact'' they had or rather how popular they were.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
was a bit worried about Bossen acting like Victorica in Gossick... but he's better, I reckon.
Oh my god LOLOLOLOL

I just had this wonderful vision.
Old 2011-04-14, 08:28   Link #94
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for episode 2:
Old 2011-04-14, 09:07   Link #95
Wakan Tanka

Yelling all the time is no fun, it's so frigging annoying. I have to admit that the second part was good and got me laughing.
Old 2011-04-14, 09:32   Link #96
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
That being said it's somewhat strange how they've been sort of misplaced (? lol) in the opening, but I suppose it has to do with how much ''impact'' they had or rather how popular they were.
Hmm in the first character poll in chapter 68 (which having read again is brilliant lol) the order of popularity for those 4 is Roman (5th) > Momoka (8th) > Captain (13th) > Reiko (tied 15th). Daisy was 11th.

Second popularity poll in chapter 164 has Saaya 6th (Haven't seen her yet, I guess I need to catch up!) and she nearly doubles the votes of Captain who is 7th. Momoka is a few votes behind her in 8th and than quite a bit behind them is is Daisy (9th) and Roman (10th). Reiko is down to 32nd place...

I hope this goes for like 50-100 episodes....
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 09:41   Link #97
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Well, personally I liked it better than the previous episode.

Spoiler for ep 2:
Old 2011-04-14, 12:09   Link #98
Johnny
Working the bags...

Second part was better and them making fun of the teacher was hilarious...

Yelling is nothing out of the ordinary for the characters, so no problem for me...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 12:27   Link #99
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Spoiler for 2:
Old 2011-04-14, 12:30   Link #100
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Yabasu, yasbasu.
Spoiler for Episode 2:

Could i have an avatar made of Himeko licking the lollypop from the ED please? :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-kun View Post
Gotta thank Shiroth for the recommendation.
You're welcome. I just want as many people as possible to experience Sket Dance.

Tags
comedy, shounen