AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2007-01-06, 21:06   Link #41
anti-sasuke brigade

Gol D. Roger last words (Speculations)

I was rewatching OP a few night ago and saw something intresting

before Gol D. Roger was killed, someone in the crowd yell out these words
"hey pirate king"
"what did you do with your treasure?"
"its somewhere on the Grand Line, isnt it?"
and so on
then Gol D. Roger said
"my treasure?"
"if you want it, i'll let you have it"
"go look for it"
"i left all of it at that place!"

well here is my thought about this scene
could it be Gol D. Roger is just playing around with the people, i mean Gol D. Roger said "i left all of it at that place!" and then everyone jump to conclusion thinking Gol D. Roger referring it to the Grand Line cause someone in the crowd before his death yell out "its somewhere on the Grand Line, isnt it?" All we know Gol D. Roger could just leading everyone in a wild goose chase, where there is no such thing is One Piece nor its not in the Grand Line. and If there is, it doesnt have to be in the Grand Line cause we all assumeing that when Gol D. Roger said "i left all of it at ""that place""!" he means Grand Line.

my questions is, could One Piece be somewhere else other than the Grand Line and what is the treasure(all we know is, it is called One Piece and its Gol D. Roger's treasure. this mean it could be anything)?

please discuss

Last edited by anti-sasuke brigade; 2007-01-06 at 21:07. Reason: typos
anti-sasuke brigade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 00:32   Link #42
brandfireX
Jedi Trainer of ONE PIECE

well it could be the title of pirate king and no actual treasure but where esle is it he was the only person to reach raftel where could it be
brandfireX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 03:57   Link #43
iKumdo
Chodan

Send a message via AIM to iKumdo
Quote:
Originally Posted by anti-sasuke brigade View Post

"hey pirate king"
and so on
then Gol D. Roger said
"my treasure?"
"go look for it"

could it be Gol D. Roger is just playing around with the people, i mean Gol D. Roger said "i left all of it at that place!" and then everyone jump to conclusion thinking Gol D. Roger referring it to the Grand Line cause someone in the crowd before his death yell out "its somewhere on the Grand Line, isnt it?" All we know Gol D. Roger could just leading everyone in a wild goose chase, where there is no such thing is One Piece nor its not in the Grand Line. and If there is, it doesnt have to be in the Grand Line cause we all assumeing that when Gol D. Roger said "i left all of it at ""that place""!" he means Grand Line.

my questions is, could One Piece be somewhere else other than the Grand Line and what is the treasure(all we know is, it is called One Piece and its Gol D. Roger's treasure. this mean it could be anything)?

please discuss
It if wasn't at Raftel, I think people would've found a treasure that important. Then again, we don't even know what it actually is.
Old 2007-01-08, 12:04   Link #44
Climhazard
Funk Freed

I think it's pretty safe to say that 'One Piece' whatever it may be, is in/on Raftel.
Climhazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 16:29   Link #45
airsBlue

Send a message via MSN to airsBlue
it is hard to tell what One piece is at this point ... but i can say one thing .. one piece is everything u dream of, that's what i think one piece is

for luffy it will be the fame he will gain and power
zoro reputation and strength
nami money
sanji all blue
franky a place that can provide him with the ability to create more powerful ship
chopper he will find the ability to cure any disease
and Robin she will find the lost history or most of it..
airsBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 17:50   Link #46
brandfireX

what about ussop elbaf is a different island he is theonly one that is deaded
Old 2007-01-08, 21:37   Link #47
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by airsBlue View Post
it is hard to tell what One piece is at this point ... but i can say one thing .. one piece is everything u dream of, that's what i think one piece is

nami money
if i recall correctly, Nami's true dream is to make a map of the world... she can't do that sitting in one place on raftel.... she's gotta keep traveling

Quote:
Actually ussop dreamed of becoming a brave warrior... Elbaf isn't nessasary for that, it just would have helped him out and still would have liked to see...
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 03:10   Link #48
airsBlue

Quote:
if i recall correctly, Nami's true dream is to make a map of the world... she can't do that sitting in one place on raftel.... she's gotta keep traveling
yeah.. she had that dream too..
but think about it when they reach raftel she will be the only person in the world that will draw the map of raftel and even the route...
also now that u mention it, i think that''s in raftel a map of the world or the old world (the one from 800 years ago) exist in that place i think nami will like to add or use the old map to draw her own ...
and just another thing for nami to draw the world map ... she will need to draw the map of grandline which mean that she will have to sail through grandline again 4 more times !!

Quote:
first, elbaf is in the route to raftel and they will reach it with time ..
second, it is as Slayerx said
usoops dream is to become a brave warrior when they reach raftel usoops will have a nice bounty also he will have a lot of real stories ... and he will become known around the world.

Last edited by airsBlue; 2007-01-09 at 03:24.
Old 2007-01-09, 08:09   Link #49
Vree

Quote:
Originally Posted by anti-sasuke brigade View Post

"hey pirate king"
and so on
then Gol D. Roger said
"my treasure?"
"go look for it"

please discuss
I think you put your finger on something here.
In fact, reading like that, the phrase "if you want it, i'll let you have it" sounds like: "if you think that, I'll let you believe it"! Maybe he saw an oppurtunity here
He might not have known he would initiate a new pirate era, but he could have known what people can achieve if you appeal to their greed.

All this talk about Roger giving up himself is unlikely, I think. As Luffy and Garp show, a true D. would EXPECT his family members to be strong. And a pirate won't just give up his dreams that easily either. Now, I can picture a scenario where Roger might decide that he had achieved everything and is willing to give up his life for a noble purpose. But it has to be a very extreme situation then.

Oh, and the two giants had a line saying that they will wait for Usopp to return and go to Elbaf with them (adding that their lifespans are longer than any humans so how long they have to wait doesn't matter). So Elbaf can happen after even Raftel - when the characters on their way home a "world's best" Sogeking might have a little detour. Or something.
Vree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 12:32   Link #50
Climhazard
Funk Freed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vree View Post
Oh, and the two giants had a line saying that they will wait for Usopp to return and go to Elbaf with them (adding that their lifespans are longer than any humans so how long they have to wait doesn't matter). So Elbaf can happen after even Raftel - when the characters on their way home a "world's best" Sogeking might have a little detour. Or something.
Or his own spinoff series or movie
Old 2007-01-11, 02:04   Link #51
onepiecelover

I do believe that Gold Roger is in da Raphael island chillin with his homies waiting for a pirate that can hold a candle to him :P
onepiecelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-11, 09:31   Link #52
Climhazard
Funk Freed

Quote:
Originally Posted by onepiecelover View Post
I do believe that Gold Roger is in da Raphael island chillin with his homies waiting for a pirate that can hold a candle to him :P
Elton John?
Old 2007-01-12, 14:21   Link #53
onepiecelover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climhazard View Post
Elton John?
You lost me

But I thnk that there are two possibilities with roger, he could have sacrificied himself in order to promote a pirate age with pirates hacing a desire for one piece or he could havefaked his own death (completely possible, hes all poerfull ) and just waiting for a strong opponoent to appear but I tend to go to the later cuz there are hints that Gold Roger isnt really dead .
onepiecelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-13, 00:42   Link #54
brandfireX

he mioght be dead but is in teh furen triangle messing with "strong pirates" his ghost that is and he holds teh gateway to teh new world
Old 2007-01-13, 03:58   Link #55
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by onepiecelover View Post
But I thnk that there are two possibilities with roger, he could have sacrificied himself in order to promote a pirate age with pirates hacing a desire for one piece or he could havefaked his own death (completely possible, hes all poerfull ) and just waiting for a strong opponoent to appear but I tend to go to the later cuz there are hints that Gold Roger isnt really dead .
He's dead jim...
A few hundred poeple saw him executed before their very eyes... and even if he was evil enough to pull a captain kuro, then that would mean that he never smiled in the face of death which is one of his more impressive quailties, as smoker pointed out

There is indeed possibility in him sacrificing himself... however, if he was going to do that he could have waited till old age to do it... By waiting for old age, he could have continuied his adventures adding to his fame, basically spreading inspiration, and thus have an even greater impact in the creation of the pirate age...

Not to mention, Just putting his treasure up for grabs was what was needed to start the pirate era, his execution was rather unnessasary in starting... in fact, the execution may have hurt the pirate age a bit in that while many would go hunt for one piece, others might realize that becoming a pirate is a damn good way to get killed, i mean, if the pirate couldn't escape the marines, what chance do we have... Roger living the life of a criminal till his old age would have had a greater impact
Old 2007-01-13, 07:43   Link #56
Vree

I think people underestimate the power of written narrative when they except important deaths to be undone just like that, as they so often do. It's the fate of childhood heroes in fiction to die so that the young hero can take his own character development further and learn how to take their place. Kuro would pull a trick like that. Blackbeard might do something like that as well. But these are some of the most villainous characters! Could old Roger commit a cowardly act like that and still be the greatest pirate that ever lived, everyone's No.1. role model?

And I don't think Roger sit down one day and thought "hey, I want there to be more pirates in the world, let's make up a tale about One piece!", either; Roger's not a puppet master, not a politician. See, all these speculations fail to take into account that either of them destroy the very purpose of so many things that these people - Roger, Luffy - were fighting for. So should Roger return I expect it to be in flashbacks, and the things he has left behind.
Vree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-13, 11:19   Link #57
airsBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
He's dead jim...
A few hundred poeple saw him executed before their very eyes... and even if he was evil enough to pull a captain kuro, then that would mean that he never smiled in the face of death which is one of his more impressive quailties, as smoker pointed out

There is indeed possibility in him sacrificing himself... however, if he was going to do that he could have waited till old age to do it... By waiting for old age, he could have continuied his adventures adding to his fame, basically spreading inspiration, and thus have an even greater impact in the creation of the pirate age...

Not to mention, Just putting his treasure up for grabs was what was needed to start the pirate era, his execution was rather unnessasary in starting... in fact, the execution may have hurt the pirate age a bit in that while many would go hunt for one piece, others might realize that becoming a pirate is a damn good way to get killed, i mean, if the pirate couldn't escape the marines, what chance do we have... Roger living the life of a criminal till his old age would have had a greater impact
well i agree that roger is dead, but i still don't believe that he was cough by marines, i think he either surrendered or get him self cough ..

there are a few evidence that back up this idea:

Spoiler:
Old 2007-01-13, 13:31   Link #58
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by airsBlue View Post
well i agree that roger is dead, but i still don't believe that he was cough by marines, i think he either surrendered or get him self cough ..

there are a few evidence that back up this idea:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

like i said, Its a fair possibility and it's not farfetched... but i'm still sticking with him being captured
Old 2007-02-21, 19:50   Link #59
Motoss

Roger was the strongest man in the world until his death, when Whitebeard took over that title. Do you really believe the Marines could have captured him? The marines don't seem that strong at all to me.
Motoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 00:02   Link #60
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoss View Post
Roger was the strongest man in the world until his death, when Whitebeard took over that title. Do you really believe the Marines could have captured him? The marines don't seem that strong at all to me.
yes, yes they could. Strongest does not translate to invincible or unstoppable... Even if there is not one man in the marines who can surpass Roger in indivual power, it does not talk about more than one character. Your assumption assumes that it would be a one on one fight, however, when you have multiple ships firing at eachother, and many pirates fight with many marines, those odds may not at all remain. Roger could have easily found himself in a 2 on 1 fight against 2 of the marine's best fighters; the marines do have their share of badasses, such as the Ao kiji... or hell, the marines may have even ambushed Roger after he had a hard fight with whitebeard... or maybe Roger went through a few vice adrmils, who were strong enough to soften him up to where he fell to the level of the adrmil commanding the troops.
Spoiler for manga: