AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2007-04-18, 09:07   Link #301
seiyuro_hiko

Not sure if i should ask it here .... well:

I've been searching for a while where the hell could i buy a dvd with Tadanari Okamoto puppet animations ...

Not sure about the title, altough i found this:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/anim...llet/about.php

Plus there's some of his shorts ripped floating around emule ... dvdrip quality so there should be a dvd out there ^_^ ...

I was lucky enough to get my hands on a couple of kihachiro Kawamoto dvd's recently ( fuyu no hi & a short films compilation ); there was some Kawamoto dvdrips from the same ripper that shared those Okamoto shorts on emule so ...

Oh, if anyone knows if Kawamoto's "Book of Dead" DVD is out, please let me know as well...

thanks in advance for your time ;-)
seiyuro_hiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-25, 08:32   Link #302
SpyHat

Help To Find Ainme

Dear All,

I am new member here. I need your help guys. I have been looking for the following anime for the past 3 months. Till now, I did not mange to get any one of them. If anyone could refer me to site where I can purchase them on DVD or if I could download them on any bit torrent sites I will really be grateful. Please note, the audio should be Japanese with English subtitle.

• AstroGanga
• UFO Robo Grendizer
• Ie Naki Ko
• Swiss Family Robinson
• A Little Princess Sara
• Ganbare Genki
• Ika no Kabamaru
• Andes Shonen Pepero no Boken
• Miracle Giants Domu-kun

Your feedback is highly appreciated

Regards,
SpyHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-28, 05:58   Link #303
andr1us

Hi, whi knows how long does it takes to get backordered titles from DVDPacific. I preordered Black Lagoon vol.1 Limited Edition on February. Usually they send me preordered titles two weeks before release date. But now my order status is "On Order". Thanks for any reply
andr1us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-28, 06:13   Link #304
xris
Just call me Ojisan

I've had this happen a few times over the last couple of years and I don't think there is a set time it takes. If a title goes out of stock DVDPacific place a further order with their distributor (or maybe direct with Geneon) and it rather depends how long it takes for the distributor to deliver the additional stock.

Since you placed the order in February then you should have been at the front of the queue so it's a bit unusual. It would seem to imply that they (DVDPacific) didn't receive thier full quota of DVDs from Geneon.

The other odd thing to note is that Black Lagoon: Volume 1 (standard edition) is also marked as "On Order", this might again imply DVDPacific didn't receive the full order.

There have been a couple of times I didn't receive a pre-order, in both cases it was with the Limited Edition of Negima but in both cases I think it was because I placed my order too late (i.e. very close to the release date).
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-28, 12:10   Link #305
hobbes_fan
You could say.....

I am now after two very old and extremely rare anime OVA's

*Macross Flashback 2012 (It's unlicensed I think according to ANN but haven't been able to find ether a r2 DVD )

*Gekigangar 3 (licensed) late 90's but seems to be out of print.

Any help is appreciated, otherwise I'm SOL
hobbes_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-30, 17:12   Link #306
Angelhairpasta

Send a message via Yahoo to Angelhairpasta
Where to buy?

I really want to buy the Tokyo Mew mew dvds but so far I've only seen dvd's that have no english subs on them. (I need subs.)

I'm trying to avaid buying the english cut vertion mew mew power.
Angelhairpasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-30, 17:29   Link #307
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelhairpasta View Post
I really want to buy the Tokyo Mew mew dvds but so far I've only seen dvd's that have no english subs on them. (I need subs.)

I'm trying to avaid buying the english cut vertion mew mew power.
As far as I'm aware, the only Tokyo Mew Mew DVDs with English subtitles would be bootlegs. If you want to give your money away to crooks, fair enough but please be aware that they would be illegal poor quality copies.

Please read the first post of this thread on how to spot bootlegs.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-30, 18:37   Link #308
Angelhairpasta

Send a message via Yahoo to Angelhairpasta
Thanks for the advice. ^^ I don't know if I'll do it though.
Angelhairpasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-03, 19:01   Link #309
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

After scouring Anime North dealers two years in a row for Nadesico to no avail, I think I'm going to have to use the net to get it.

Basically, I want the Nadesico box set. I don't really care how its packaged, whether its the 3 dvds or the 6 dvds (both versions are legal and not bootleg right?), as long as it comes with a box that holds all the dvd volumes together.

Oh yeah, preferably new, and from trusted sources (and of course, can ship to Canada). I'm looking over at amazon.com's marketplace right now (the only reputable hit from google), but I'm looking towards other options before dropping my money on anyone.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-04, 16:26   Link #310
Robotnik
Not a member

re: Nadesico set

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Basically, I want the Nadesico box set. I don't really care how its packaged, whether its the 3 dvds or the 6 dvds (both versions are legal and not bootleg right?), as long as it comes with a box that holds all the dvd volumes together.
3-disc sets for a 26-episode show tend not to be legit. To add to the confusion, the Nadesico "essential anime" editions have 2 discs per volume, so the old edition vols 1-6 singles = vols 1-3 "essential anime" edition.

Good luck finding them.
Robotnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-06, 20:39   Link #311
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Yeah, I was surprised at how low the price was for the 3 disc versions. I thought they were legit though, since amazon.com lists Nadesico as having 3 discs and these people have good rep (though I do know, rep can be 'faked'). But upon hearing what you have said, I did my research and indeed, even the complete chronicles comes in 6 DVDs. I guess when they mention alternate box art, I should've ran to the hills. XD

I still have some time before purchasing the box set off amazon marketplace, since I intend to purchase a PS3 before my bro goes off with the family PS2 in an exchange program. So if anyone knows a more reputable store than amazon marketplace that's selling the box set, I'm all ears.

Old 2007-06-06, 22:09   Link #312
hobbes_fan
You could say.....

This is the Australian licensor of anime I'm sure they ship O/S, but yeah this is how much we pay here (knock off 10%). I have this and guarantee its legit.

http://www.madman.com.au/actions/cat...28&method=view

licensor details
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...ny.php?id=4403
Old 2007-06-07, 13:58   Link #313
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Ooh, thanks hobbes. Unfortunately, I don't have access to any region free dvd players as of now (whose bright idea was to implement that anyways?). Which is quite unfortunate, as I think that box art is 100x better than ADV's.

Yeah I'm very sorry, I should have said R1. My bad. ^^;

Just wondering, did your case come in 3 dvd case holders, or did each have their holders?

Old 2007-06-07, 22:08   Link #314
hobbes_fan
You could say.....

it's exactly as you see there, 6 dvd cases in the box. (It's actually an ADV boxset repackaged) If you ever come across the Gekigangar 3 OVA let me know. I've been looking for it for almost a year now. Most dvd players have a code you can input (see your manufacturer to cancel the region setting). I'd also keep an eye out as it was an extremely popular series in Japan and the West and it celebrated it's 10 year anniversary recently, so there may be a re-release soon (Speculation on my behalf but I find popular series tend to celebrates these milestones with boxset release etc etc )

Last edited by hobbes_fan; 2007-06-08 at 03:41.
Old 2007-06-13, 22:50   Link #315
Tenken

Send a message via AIM to Tenken
Where to buy Macross Box Set?

I recently started renting the Macross DVD's from Blockbuster and I am really enjoying the series. So I went ahead and purchased the box set, or so I thought, and got "Robotech: The Macross Saga" which apparently is a patch work of three different Macross Series. But the biggest thing, is that it's in english and there is no japanese soundtrack. The ones I was renting from Blockbuster did have the japanese soundtrack. My problem now is I can't find the Macross Box Set (with japanese sound and english subtitles) anywhere! Can someone please point me in the right direction?
Tenken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 23:51   Link #316
hobbes_fan
You could say.....

there's two versions running around. Robotech.com, animecornerstore.com has both. there's the animeigo version, which is cheaper and in Japanese Audio + subs. There's the newer ADV boxset which has a dub + subs + extra features not on the animeigo version which I have. The extra features I enjoyed, particularly if you're a Macross nut like me. Mari Ijima (Minmay's VA in the dub and sub) commentary is well worth the price difference to me.
Any Macross boxset should have Super Dimension Fortress Macross (or SDF Macross) instead of Robotech: Macross Saga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenken View Post
"Robotech: The Macross Saga" which apparently is a patch work of three different Macross Series.
Incorrect

Macross (rewritten for RT) is the first installment of Robotech the following two parts Robotech: Masters and Robotech: Next generation are not part of Macross in any way. They are 2 other series known as Genesis Climber Mospeada and Souther Cross Cavalry.

The true Macross Franchise consists of (in plot line order)

Macross Zero, SDF Macross, Macross: Do you Remember Love, Macross Flashback 2012, Macross 7, Macross Pluss and Macross II

Last edited by hobbes_fan; 2007-06-14 at 00:04.
Old 2007-06-14, 00:10   Link #317
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

And macross 7 is the best of them all!!!

You missed one though hobbes-fan, after macross 7 is macross dynamite, the one with the singing whales

I really wish someone would licensed macross 7, i have all the OST's for that awsome series
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-14, 02:25   Link #318
hobbes_fan
You could say.....

Oh yeah Macross 7 dynamite and Macross 7 encore. Goddamn I just can't stand Basara. Mylene, Max and Millia make it tolerable though.

NOTE: The following are unlicensed Macross Zero, Macross 7 and its spinoffs, Do you Remember Love (well a bit iffy on this one It was dubbed a longtime ago which I've never seen but have only ever seen the R2 Japanese release) Edit: I think I have seen this and I think it had some woeful singing by Reba West much worse thsn what was in RT.

Oh and I've been waiting for close to 10 years to see Macross licensed in ts entirety. I'll probably be dead before that happens.

And there's a new Macross series to be announced in a few months

Last edited by hobbes_fan; 2007-06-14 at 02:41.
Old 2007-06-14, 19:56   Link #319
Tenken

Send a message via AIM to Tenken
I figured there had to be a thread like this. Thanks for explaining everything to me, much appreciated.

hobbes_fan, still have some questions though. What the heck is Genesis Climber Mospeada and Souther Cross Cavalry and why did I think Robotech was a patchwork of three different series?

I'm confused, you say Macross Zero was before (plot wise) SDF Macross? Is SDF Macross the one I'm trying to buy?
Tenken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-14, 21:25   Link #320
hobbes_fan
You could say.....

Robotech and Macross explained

Robotech Title - non-Robotech title

Robotech: Macross Saga - SDF Macross
Robotech: The Masters - Southern Cross Cavalry
Robotech: the new generation - Genesis Climber: Mospeada

Basically what happenned in the 80's was, Harmony Gold (licensors of Macross) needed and 85 episode series for weekday afternoon screening. US networks would only run and 85 episode series (17 weeks). Macross was very popular in screening and the merchandise/toys were extremely popular. so they added the two other series, re-wrote the dialog and re-wrote the plot to make all the series fit together.

Basically you're correct in saying that its a patchwork of 3 different series, but the other 2 series were never intended to be part of the SDF Macross franchise. They are anime series in their own right. They only are part of Robotech. Southern Cross and Mospeada were used to make the RT franchise because a) they were also made by the same studio b) they all featured transforming mecha.

Macross zero = prequel to SDF Macross (despite being the newest one). Roy is the only character in 0

so it goes in order of plot timeline

Macross Zero
SDF Macross
Macross: Do you remember the love
Macross Flashback 2012: (THis is basically a musc video of all Minamy's songs)
Macross 7 (and spinoffs)
Macross Plus
Macross II

but they were released in this order

SDF Macross
Macross: Do you remember Love?
Macross Flashback 2012
Macross II
Macross Plus
Macross 7+spinoffs
MAcross 0

SDF Macross is the oldest series, but Macross 0's plot is set before this time.

The main differrence between Robotech and SDF Macross is
* how they explain and use "protoculture"
* the love story between Hikaru Ichijo (RT Name: Rick Hunter), Lynn Minmay, Misa Hayase (RT Name: Lisa Hayes) is handled a fair bit better in Macross (Oh and the songs are so much better).
* The fate of the battleship Macross at the end
*SDF MAcross has a better flowing story

Does that clear it up and make sense? I own both series and they're both worth watching.

Tags
anime dvd suggestions, anime movies, help finding an anime, manga, purchase, streaming anime