AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2010-06-26, 21:48   Link #981
Milu

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
yesasia and amazon or ebay for me.

anyways....

Even without her megane-ness she is lovely.
Old 2010-06-26, 22:33   Link #982
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparvid View Post
I just realized that the concert DVD is out in only a few days.

Question for those with more experience than me: is there any particular site that usually has somewhat cheaper prices than average (including shipping)?
Uhm, I'm encoding a concert, so lagging trying to compare prices between HMV and CDJapan for this K-On! thing. CDJapan has SAL option while HMV only uses EMS. Pretty much the cheapest options if you want a few items. Quoting myself from a different thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananoha View Post
Actually, you might be able to search in English if you're too lazy to look up the runes. I generally do this with artists.

Or it looks like it'll take romanji. keion → 関連サーチ: けいおん
Yeah, YesAsia is horribly expensive. I was checking something out with a fellow Canadian.

HMV: 4DVDs w/multi-buy + shipping + custom fee = 263$
YesAsia: Same DVDs + free shipping + possibly no fee = 296$
And she's mentioned how it often takes quite a while for her order to arrive from YesAsia at times. Canadian customs (ry

The thing you have to keep in mind when ordering from these places online is the quantity and how they ship. Mind you, I don't really want to use SAL for my precious CDs and magazines.
  • Amazon's shipping only looks crazy if you're buying a small amount. Generally, at least 8 items are what you're gunning for so that the prices don't seem too insane. The awesome thing is that they don't base S&H off weight, so if you're getting heavier items [BD box sets, photobooks], something like at least 6 items seems to be okay.
  • HMV is generally the same price as Amazon and they usually have a bunch of random deals on at the same time. They only use EMS for International orders, so only use them if you're getting a few items. The nice thing with HMV is you have the option to check how much the real cost of S&H is before they actually ship it to you when you're ordering. If it turns out to be more expensive than say ordering the same stuff off Amazon, you can cancel the order right there.
  • CDJapan is the popular one I haven't used yet. I like how they tell you when First Press/Limited Edition is still available in case something you want has extra goods. They also have the option to use SAL, I believe. A friend in Malaysia has complained to me how her orders with magazines/posters sometimes look wrecked.... But my letter there also never arrived.
  • YesAsia has that free shipping over 40$ thing. Don't know much about them. Maybe if you're getting a BD or DVD that's over 40$? lol.
And for any poor Canadian soul out there, I don't think I've ever gotten a custom fee using SAL for other orders. Actually, I didn't get custom fee'd using EMS for something under 2k yen....

Feels awesome when I spend around 650$ on something with S&H and then get fee'd 120$ on top of that. ._.;
Yeah, about my giant order - was about 95$ for customs + FedEx fees. orz
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
Is the Japan auction agency the only way to get stuff from japan that dont ship to the US
Only use something like JAA for places that require the use of either a Japanese bank account or Japanese credit card. Or Yahoo Auctions since you need a Japanese credit card and a special account to bid over 4999 yen, iirc.

If you need a forwarding service, Tenso is pretty nice. Like Amazon marketplace stuff.

Best option is to make a friend in Japan, really. Or live there yourself, lol.

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Bananoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 22:39   Link #983
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Uhm, I'm encoding a concert, so lagging trying to compare prices between HMV and CDJapan for this K-On! thing. CDJapan has SAL option while HMV only uses EMS. Pretty much the cheapest options if you want a few items. Quoting myself from a different thread.Yeah, about my giant order - was about 95$ for customs + FedEx fees. orzOnly use something like JAA for places that require the use of either a Japanese bank account or Japanese credit card. Or Yahoo Auctions since you need a Japanese credit card and a special account to bid over 4999 yen, iirc.

If you need a forwarding service, Tenso is pretty nice. Like Amazon marketplace stuff.

Best option is to make a friend in Japan, really. Or live there yourself, lol.
You are not going to make them pay for your shipping fees are you?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 22:58   Link #984
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
You are not going to make them pay for your shipping fees are you?
Is this referring to having a friend in Japan?

Er, what I did with my friend is she got the goods + well she forgot the actual shipping fee, but I paypal'd the money to her. Need to actually attach my bank account there so I don't get the credit card fee....

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Old 2010-06-27, 00:50   Link #985
rockmanxpr

Azunyan is in the house!! Courtesy of Hobby Search
rockmanxpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-27, 01:55   Link #986
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Thanks, I do have a friend hes from Japan. Transfer student from japan, but i'd rather not ask him, to much work. Why is everything so expensive in Japan compared to here in the states lol How much do they get paid there, I get $100 for allowance every month to spend on what ever, so im jobless and run oout of money fast . haha if I used JAA I would be spending somewhere around $55.00 for a $30.00 t-shirt. But with this Tenso thing I would be save around $15.00. So Can you clear this up with me, i got some questions

Okay I want to buy this shirt ----> http://ishop.tbs.co.jp/tbs/org/anime...001/c_cd/23598

which is $33.23. I can't buy from that site because it requires you to live in Japan, so If I use this Tenso this is what would happen?

Serves Fee Shipping Fee T-shirt
5.46 + 5.46 (T-shirt is about 1.0Kg) + $33.23 = $44.15

do I pay the $26.76 EMS fee??
http://www.tenso.com/en/guide/fee/index.html

So what is my best bet JAA or Tenso??

P.S does Amazon JP ship to U.S and can you buy with USD money?

Last edited by Afternoon Tea; 2010-06-27 at 02:09.
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-27, 03:29   Link #987
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Quote:
How much do they get paid there,
"ranges from 618 Japanese yen to 739 yen per hour; set on a prefectural and industry basis"
Quote:
So what is my best bet JAA or Tenso??

P.S does Amazon JP ship to U.S and can you buy with USD money?
You will most likely have to use a Japanese bank account or credit card buying something from TBS. I've been too lazy to look beyond the first or second step of trying to buy an item.

And yes, Amazon JP can ship pretty much anywhere outside the States. Certain items are not allowed to be shipped directly from Amazon JP to an Int'l address, like figurines, video games, or musical instruments, and you would have to use a forwarding service like Tenso to get things like that.

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Old 2010-06-27, 09:29   Link #988
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
K-ON!'s imaginary character gets a huggable pillow. (NSFV link, the picture slightly)
Old 2010-06-27, 10:32   Link #989
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

The official K-on Dakimakura's

Mio and Yui

EDIT:

Character Sleeve collection

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10119454

Old 2010-06-27, 13:05   Link #990
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
You will most likely have to use a Japanese bank account or credit card buying something from TBS. I've been too lazy to look beyond the first or second step of trying to buy an item.
so for TBS I need a forwarding serves? like JAA or Tenso? will they work with TBS cus i dont want to make a Japanese Bank account :|

Last edited by Afternoon Tea; 2010-06-27 at 16:12.
Old 2010-06-27, 17:35   Link #991
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

You guys are making this way too hard. Work with a third party group like nippon-export.com for books and swag, with hlj.com or cdjapan.co.jp for figures, or with cdjapan.co.jp for CDs and DVDs.
They ship international, work in mostly English, and auto-convert USD to yen at ship-date. Most of them take paypal or credit/debit (just use your debit card like a VISA credit card).

If you don't have a credit/debit card, then set one up. You can even have a secured credit card by putting the money in the account and using the credit card to draw from it even if you have no job and terrible credit.
Old 2010-06-27, 18:07   Link #992
Qikz

Hm, there's something I'm confused about with Amiami.

http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=engli...e_display.html

It says on sale, but pre-order, does that mean they more than likely haven't recieved their shipment yet? I pre-ordered about a month ago and haven't recieved any emails. Just want to check I'm not missing out more than anything.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-27, 18:41   Link #993
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
You guys are making this way too hard. Work with a third party group like nippon-export.com for books and swag, with hlj.com or cdjapan.co.jp for figures, or with cdjapan.co.jp for CDs and DVDs.
They ship international, work in mostly English, and auto-convert USD to yen at ship-date. Most of them take paypal or credit/debit (just use your debit card like a VISA credit card).

If you don't have a credit/debit card, then set one up. You can even have a secured credit card by putting the money in the account and using the credit card to draw from it even if you have no job and terrible credit.
yeah I know, im makeing it tooo hard for myself but the thing is i can't find a third party site that would sell the shirt that i want to get, if you know any please shoow me, the only place is TBS so far
Old 2010-06-27, 18:59   Link #994
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

I kind of decided to get the nendo set of the K-On! girls late, but does anyone think Ritsu has a chance at a second shipment later on? ._.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
OTL

The only time I've encountered the "must use a Japanese bank account/credit card" dealio is Yahoo Japan Auctions and they also have that "must have a special/paying account to make bids over 4999" which makes things incredibly annoying.

Though I'll most likely never use it now, thanks for the nippon-export thing. owo;
Quote:
so for TBS I need a forwarding serves? like JAA or Tenso? will they work with TBS cus i dont want to make a Japanese Bank account :|
Quote:
yeah I know, im makeing it tooo hard for myself :heh: but the thing is i can't find a third party site that would sell the shirt that i want to get, if you know any please shoow me, the only place is TBS so far
Vexx just mentioned trying to use Nippon Export.

I heard JAA is actually pretty decent for YJA stuff, but I'm not familiar with working with other parties to grab stuff for you due to Japanese bank account/credit card.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
It says on sale, but pre-order, does that mean they more than likely haven't recieved their shipment yet? I pre-ordered about a month ago and haven't recieved any emails. Just want to check I'm not missing out more than anything.
Getting mine through Hobby Search and didn't receive an e-mail saying the shipment is in and they're in the process of shipping either, so....

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Old 2010-06-27, 20:08   Link #995
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
I kind of decided to get the nendo set of the K-On! girls late, but does anyone think Ritsu has a chance at a second shipment later on? ._.OTL

The only time I've encountered the "must use a Japanese bank account/credit card" dealio is Yahoo Japan Auctions and they also have that "must have a special/paying account to make bids over 4999" which makes things incredibly annoying.

Though I'll most likely never use it now, thanks for the nippon-export thing. owo;Vexx just mentioned trying to use Nippon Export.

I heard JAA is actually pretty decent for YJA stuff, but I'm not familiar with working with other parties to grab stuff for you due to Japanese bank account/credit card.Getting mine through Hobby Search and didn't receive an e-mail saying the shipment is in and they're in the process of shipping either, so....

U ROCK! lol thanks for the anwers! I hope I get quick request feedback

Last edited by Afternoon Tea; 2010-06-27 at 20:28.
Old 2010-06-27, 21:41   Link #996
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I've had good luck with Nippon-export ... they've even scoured the alleys for a poster I wanted and they let me know they tracked it down to the local bus company (used in trains/busses) and they were unable to snare a copy. They were also able to snare early volumes of Working!! (manga) which are unavailable from most of the usual places.
Old 2010-06-28, 01:07   Link #997
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
EDIT:

Character Sleeve collection

<snip>
ENTHUSIASTIC AZUNYAN IS A MUST HAVE.

Wished she was this enthusiastic in.... *gets slapped*

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-28, 17:51   Link #998
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

EDIT:

Spoiler for VERY NSFW:

Last edited by kenjiharima; 2010-06-28 at 18:48.
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-28, 19:46   Link #999
Mckendrick
Jr Otaku

Quote:
Spoiler for VERY NSFW:

This...where...where can i obtain it....

I was on of the few and lucky to make the pilgrimage to San Fransisco for the Disappearance movie. Hit me up if you wish talk about it.
Mckendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-28, 20:26   Link #1000
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Stand back... I do believe Saintess will be bursting in a shower of blood that will cover the thread any moment now...

Its rather rather sweet and well-designed.