AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-04, 15:33   Link #401
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidou View Post
I wont be surprised if Vivio pull out Guy's Style unison with the ancient weapon looking at the number of references to SRW shown so far....
Little girl... Ancient weapon... LASTEXILE much?
Old 2007-08-04, 15:41   Link #402
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Ouch..I sort of hated that series ending
Old 2007-08-04, 16:56   Link #403
Frankenstein's Clare
This is mah flash sword.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
I'm thinking more Black Cat.

Though that'd fit better if Fate was the key to ultimate power. Her and Eve are the same damn character.
Old 2007-08-04, 20:14   Link #404
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidou View Post
I wont be surprised if Vivio pull out Guy's Style unison with the ancient weapon looking at the number of references to SRW shown so far....
A blonde loli as the core of an ancient weapon, you say?

Last edited by dodgethis_sg; 2007-08-04 at 21:43.
Old 2007-08-05, 17:28   Link #405
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

So my friend asks me. "What is a Linker Core exactly?"
What do you all say? XD He's going off the idea that it's a 'gateway' that allows one to use magic.
Old 2007-08-05, 21:32   Link #406
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

From A's DVD booklet #1

リンカーコア - Linker Core
As the name suggests, an organ in a mage's (knight's) body which works to gather and manifest magic power generated within themself.
The disposition of a mage thus depends on their Linker Core, and currently any analysis of a mage's abilities are done by examining the Linker Core.
Old 2007-08-05, 22:44   Link #407
krisslanza

Well. That makes it easy Thanks.
Old 2007-08-09, 11:57   Link #408
darkalpha

As I worked on my Nanoha fanfic idea, something occured to me: throughout series, its constantly stated that there are 'multiple worlds' and 'interdimensional travel' as well as TSAB being an interdimensional peacekeeping force.

Now, the question is, exactly what are these 'dimensional worlds'? Are they alternate timelines like the ones that Marvel and DC are so fond of? Seperate universes with their own rules & laws? Or are they layers of realities linked to each other through common nexus, much like Slayers & Lost Universe are? Perhaps they are just part of infinite realities as part of some scientific theory that I barely recall reading about (like how black holes could be gateway to another dimension or something) - something involving ballons of realities? Is it really just one universe?

Here's some examples I can think of involving the notion:

*In first season, Fate and Arf are shown capable of transferring between Earth and Preicia's dimensional fortress.
*In A's Vita and Signum have visited multiple worlds from Earth.
*And also, Amy and Chrono expressed disbelief in the notion that a single masked man could travel between two dimensional worlds in mere minutes - implying that the travel wasn't a simple task to achieve.
*Finally, TSAB is capable of real-time video and communication across multiple dimensional worlds.
*On many occasions, characters attempting transfers solo are shown doing so with relative ease and don't seem to be affected in any way by it.
*StrikerS, earth is designated as protected world no. 97.

Based on these examples, single universe is simply impossible - the nearest star to Earth is light-years away; I find it hard to believe that Nanoha and others could transfer that distance without being affected, let alone have energy required for near-instanteous transfer.

I'm inclined to rule out alternate timeline theory, on basis that Nanoha and others haven't encountered their alternate selves. Its possible, but I doubt TSAB would be so willing to interferre out of risk of interferring with past events that could affect their present.

Considering that Earth is a Protected World no. 97, the notion implies that there are distinctive and seperate worlds, as opposed to multiple instances of one world. it also would be more plausible. Given countless universes, it wouldn't be unfeasible that there would be habitable planet in same spot in space as Earth is, seperated by countless universes. That'd reduce amount of energy needed for transfers since you'd just be punching through dimensional walls instead of space, like stepping through a door.

Any thoughts on this topic?
Old 2007-08-09, 12:19   Link #409
krisslanza

Sorry if I misunderstand anything, I'm not the best at stuff like this.

But anyway, from my understanding you either have the idea that magical energy allows one to essentially travel beyond light speed. I of course find it unlikely given the TSAB ships, like the Asura, do not travel through space itself; they travel through the dimensions.

Plus when Wolkenritter were off on other planets, I believe in the background you can see a planet that looks a LOT like Earth, but it obviously can't since the only nearby planets would be Mars or Venus, and neither of those worlds look like that (Plus there was that jungle-like world)

I think it works like that each dimension is like a copy of every other dimension but is different from one another (Not multiple realties, since people would end up running into one another, but more like our Earth is in this dimension but in another dimension Earth is totally different) kinda deal...

$5 says I'm just confusing people or myself. *nods*
Old 2007-08-09, 13:31   Link #410
Jimmy C

There is a way. One hypotesis of modern cosmology is that our universe is one among many, possibly infinitely many. These are not alternate timelines or mere copies, but self-sufficient, independent universes, each with their own rules of physics and such. We wouldn't be able to visit any universe with rules that are even slightly different to ours. But with an infinite number of universes, even a "tiny" handful with rules indentical to ours that we can visit, can be a huge number in absolute terms. Provided we have the technology to open a gateway to those universes.
The "dimensional space" seen in MGLN would be the space "between" these universes. There's even the possibility of FTL travel with dimensional space. It's like this: Say you depart from point X in a normal universe to point Y in dimensional space. Without "moving" in dimensional space, is it possible to reenter the universe you left at point Z instead of point X? Where Z is light-years away from X. We haven't seen anything like this in MGLN yet, but wouldn't it be something if they did have this capability?
Old 2007-08-09, 18:16   Link #411
darkalpha

Hmm. I'm inclined to support the infinite universes, and that our world are just one of them, each with their own set of rules and such. However I DO believe that it's not easy for mages to travel to other worlds that are very far away from their point of origin on the other side of the dimensional world. That's likely where dimensional spaceships comes in - pick up the dimensional travellers from one universe, travel to another point within the dimensional plane, and then those travellers would then transfer from the ship to another world that's distant from their original point.

It sounds plausible, given that Asura, which can travel between dimensions had no weapons until A's, so I doubt ships for dimensional travel would've been intended for combat anyway.
Old 2007-08-10, 09:31   Link #412
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkalpha View Post
Hmm. I'm inclined to support the infinite universes, and that our world are just one of them, each with their own set of rules and such. However I DO believe that it's not easy for mages to travel to other worlds that are very far away from their point of origin on the other side of the dimensional world. That's likely where dimensional spaceships comes in - pick up the dimensional travellers from one universe, travel to another point within the dimensional plane, and then those travellers would then transfer from the ship to another world that's distant from their original point.

It sounds plausible, given that Asura, which can travel between dimensions had no weapons until A's, so I doubt ships for dimensional travel would've been intended for combat anyway.
I would just like to add that all of TSAB's dimensional hopping powers only allows them access to dimensions that are:

- Not parallel to the ones that they have encountered. That's why we don't have two Nanoha's or two Fate's, or 3000 Gingas, no matter how much we wish it so.

Technically, to me that means the TSAB only has flight access and control over dimensions of the same frame of reference as Midchilda, and therefore time across the entire multiverse from their POV flows at the same rate.
Old 2007-08-15, 12:55   Link #413
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

This translation in the General Discussion thread caught my eye:

Quote:
Originally Posted by selkirk View Post
More DVD #1 booklet translations
[B]魔力変換資質「電気」 - Mana Conversion Affinity [Electricity]
Among mages, there are rare cases where individuals possess an innate ability, called a [Mana Conversion Affinity], which allows them to naturally convert Mana directly into a physical energy. What normally requires regulation via Magic, these abilities allow conversion to occur spontaneously. It becomes simple to convert one's own Mana into energy, and when Mana is converted intentionally, this can even occur at high efficiency. An individual can only have one type of affinity. Among Riot 6 members, Fate and Erio have an [electricity]-type affinity, while Signum has a [flame]-type affinity.
From here, it seems that Mana isn't energy, rather its similar to the Fate Stay Night interpretation, but I still think of it as some kind of energy... Maybe its some kind of high energy substance gathered, refined and secreted by the Linker Core, like ATP is to mitochondria? What do you guys think?
Old 2007-08-15, 15:18   Link #414
lightl

here a question does mages like nanoha and caro have affinty type like fate and signum
Old 2007-08-15, 17:25   Link #415
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightl View Post
here a question does mages like nanoha and caro have affinty type like fate and signum
Probably not.
Old 2007-09-09, 19:30   Link #416
ShoShinjo
Nanoha fan... FROM HELL!!

Send a message via MSN to ShoShinjo
Hey there, I have a question of something I've wondering about.

The different Barrier Jacket types are exclusive to Intelligent Devices owners? Because we've seen it, the different Device Types aren't exclusive, both Mages and Knights have multi-form Devices:

Laevateinn's Schwertform, Schlangeform & Bogenform
Graf Eisen's Hammerform, Raketeform & Gigantform
Bardiche's Assault Form, Haken Form, Zanber Form & Riot Zanber Form
Raising Heart's Accel Form, Buster Form & Excelion Form

But talking about different types of Barrier Jackets (or Knight's Armors, for that matters):
Fate has Impulse Form & Sonic Form
Nanoha has Aggresive Mode & Exceed Mode
Everyone else has the same Barrier Jacket/Knight's Armor

It's a coincidence or the Device Type has something to do with the Barrier Jacker/Knight's Armor Type? Or it's just preference? Because Teana, Subaru and Ginga have Intelligent Devices too (Cross Mirage, Mach Caliber & Blitz Caliber, in that order) and they only have a single type of Barrier Jacket (maybe they need to increase their ranks before creating different types of Jackets).

Ah, something else, anyone knows the names of the forms of Erio's Strada? I know the Düsenform, the one with rockets that allows Erio to "fly" (although he can't control it too well), but the initial form and the form he used to cast Thunder Rage, which are their names, anyone knows? (guiding for the German traductor, they should be Stangeform for the normal spear and Donnerform for the electrical enhancer spear, but I'd like to know official names)
Old 2007-09-09, 19:36   Link #417
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

It's nothing canonical, Nanoha and Fate simply have different Barrier Jacket forms because they are main characters. Technically anyone with a device could have different Barrier Jacket forms.
Old 2007-09-09, 19:52   Link #418
ShoShinjo

I see... I thought of it, but I needed to ask xD

Some info on Strada's forms, anyone?
Old 2007-09-10, 04:36   Link #419
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

Speerform, Düsenform and Unwetterform.
Old 2007-09-10, 09:25   Link #420
ShoShinjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by selkirk View Post
Speerform, Düsenform and Unwetterform.
Thanks a lot for the info, I'll try to remember those (although I'm saving it on a notepad >>)
Closed Thread