AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-09, 04:46   Link #1241
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Why? Why shorten a four character nickname to a two character one?
Old 2009-09-09, 04:53   Link #1242
Solachinx
is a myth

When writing rough drafts for scripts and stories: it makes it easier for me to use shorthand as much as possible because I type really slowly to make sure I have no spelling mistakes or gramatical errors.
Old 2009-09-09, 04:58   Link #1243
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well if you keep Itsuki as "I" and Kyon as "K", you can shorten it to one character.
Old 2009-09-09, 05:36   Link #1244
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solachinx View Post
When writing rough drafts for scripts and stories: it makes it easier for me to use shorthand as much as possible because I type really slowly to make sure I have no spelling mistakes or gramatical errors.
Then who cares what you shorten it to. Use K, K1, U or U1 if you so wish.

Please remember the purpose of this thread. From the opening post...
Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
the purpose of this thread is to ask questions that can actually be answered as facts from the anime, novel or manga.
You are asking for personal recommendations and suggestions so this isn't the place to post.
Old 2009-09-09, 20:56   Link #1245
guanin
Jiii~

Am I allowed to ask about where one can read an ebook of the novels?
Old 2009-09-12, 02:52   Link #1246
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by guanin View Post
Am I allowed to ask about where one can read an ebook of the novels?
Thank you for bothering to read my post above yours
Quote:
Please remember the purpose of this thread. From the opening post...
Quote:
the purpose of this thread is to ask questions that can actually be answered as facts from the anime, novel or manga.
If you wish to ask questions about Haruhi Suzumiya merchandise then please use the Merchandise of Haruhi Suzumiya thread.

Also take note that both the novels and manga have been licensed so you may not post links to scans or discuss any such scan groups.

Hachette Books - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Novels
Yen Press - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Manga
Old 2009-09-12, 15:02   Link #1247
EGFontanilla
Charming General Person

What's the biggest KyonXHaruhi fluff in the series (novels, anime, manga, etc.) you've ever come across? I haven't read the novels yet but the biggest indication I found that Haruhi likes Kyon (even if it is a side series) was in Haruhi-chan when Kyon told Itsuki he loved him. x)
Old 2009-09-12, 15:12   Link #1248
Tornadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGFontanilla View Post
What's the biggest KyonXHaruhi fluff in the series (novels, anime, manga, etc.) you've ever come across? I haven't read the novels yet but the biggest indication I found that Haruhi likes Kyon (even if it is a side series) was in Haruhi-chan when Kyon told Itsuki he loved him. x)
There are plenty of Indicators. It would take a while for me to note them down but here are a few

Spoiler:

Those are just some of the main ones. There are loads besides that.
Old 2009-09-12, 20:44   Link #1249
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality

Send a message via MSN to dragon4dudes
Spoiler:

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. Douglas Adams
Where facts are few, experts are many. Donald R. Gannon

void foo() {foo();} // Can you guess what this line of code does?
Old 2009-09-12, 20:56   Link #1250
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornadium View Post
There are plenty of Indicators. It would take a while for me to note them down but here are a few

Spoiler:

Those are just some of the main ones. There are loads besides that.

No offense, Tornadium, but you're making some of these out to be way more than what they are, imo... not to mention leaving some important context out. For example...

Spoiler:

And...

Spoiler:

All told, this really isn't much for a canon romance. It really needs a lot more bells and whistles, imo, if this is going to be the romance that the Haruhi novels go with. Personally, I'm still not sold on it. It's way too subtle almost across the entire board, in my view.
Old 2009-09-12, 21:09   Link #1251
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Spoiler:
I have to disagree with you here
Spoiler:

I don't think is really subtle. Not for Haruhi, anyway. She had many momments that shows how she cares/likes Kyon. Hist feelings are more debatable, tough.

All told, this really isn't much for a canon romance. It really needs a lot more bells and whistles, imo, if this is going to be the romance that the Haruhi novels go with. Personally, I'm still not sold on it. It's way too subtle almost across the entire board, in my view.[/QUOTE]
Old 2009-09-12, 21:19   Link #1252
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
I have to disagree with you here
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:

I don't think is really subtle. Not for Haruhi, anyway. She had many momments that shows how she cares/likes Kyon. Hist feelings are more debatable, tough.
I'd actually flip that. I'm more sold on Kyon romantically liking Haruhi than I am on Haruhi romantically liking Kyon... it's just that Kyon strikes me as somewhat indecisive between the three female SOS Brigade members. Remember, Kyon's the one who initiated the kiss (in the dream), and who remains aware of it having been real. Kyon's the one who has actually commented on the other person's physical attractiveness. I don't think that we even know what Haruhi thinks of Kyon's physical appearance, do we?

I'm open to being corrected on that, though.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2009-09-12 at 21:31.
Old 2009-09-12, 21:44   Link #1253
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Spoiler:
I don't disagree with you here. Just pointing that Tornadium is not totally wrong.

Quote:
Spoiler:
[spoier]Of course you just don't do that. That is why I said is not a good way. But I really don't think it cancel the last three days. She was pretty concerned with him and becomes flushed when noticed he was ok and saw sleeping/being concerned. Then she try to hide it in a compleate unreasonable non-girlfriendish way. She was really trying to have Kyon don't geting the wrongright idea. This might kill the moment for Kyon, but is still shows how concerned she was. Also, notice she only aplies this penaltys to Kyon, never to other people, even when they are late (like Mikuru in Sighs, or everybody else in Dissociation).

Quote:
I'd actually flip that. I'm more sold on Kyon romantically liking Haruhi than I am on Haruhi romantically liking Kyon... it's just that Kyon strikes me as somewhat indecisive between the three female SOS Brigade members. Remember, Kyon's the one who initiated the kiss (in the dream), and who remains aware of it having been real. Kyon's the one who has actually commented on the other person's physical attractiveness. I don't think that we even know what Haruhi thinks of Kyon's physical appearance, do we?

I'm open to being corrected on that, though.
You are weird.

Joke (It might be me who is weird right?). Anyway, Kyon was who initiated the kiss, but was Haruhi who wanted to be kissed. And she did tryed to please Kyon latter wearing the ponytail. And I really belive Haruhi is more interested by Kyons personality then by his appearance. It is impossible know if she finds him atractive, anyway, unless she explicitly say him so. She did however, asked Miuru to take a photo of him sleeping in the Lone Island.

I am also open to be corrected, naturally. Sorry if I am a bit insistent.

Last edited by Heatth; 2009-09-12 at 21:54.
Old 2009-09-12, 21:52   Link #1254
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:

You are weird.

Joke (It might be me who is weird right?).
No, I accept that I'm 'weird' here, in that I reject the conventional wisdom surrounding some of the character relationships in this franchise. Like I said, I'm just not sold on a lot of it.
Old 2009-09-12, 23:00   Link #1255
worldruined
power tends to corrupt

Send a message via AIM to worldruined
Quote:
Spoiler:
Just wanted to fix that for you.

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2009-09-13, 00:04   Link #1256
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldruined View Post
Spoiler for question:
It COULD be, but we don't know for sure because of Kyon being an unreliable narrator.

But, you also have to factor in that because Haruhi is the Brigade Leader, (imho) she can't show any real favoritism to her subordinates... thus the elaborate games and other stuff.
Old 2009-09-13, 01:07   Link #1257
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Plus the fact that she'd be completely going back on what she said to Kyon all the way back in Melancholy.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-09-13, 05:27   Link #1258
Tornadium

Quote:
No offense, Tornadium, but you're making some of these out to be way more than what they are, imo... not to mention leaving some important context out. For example...
Again it's my interpretation. That's what i (and quite a lot of the fanbase over the years) think in terms of their relationship. Take it as you will, I just think those are some of a LONG list of things.

That is sort of the entire point of an ongoing series. There is absolutely NOTHING Concrete for any character relationships. The points i made were discussed on other boards and everyone basically agreed. (When you know the /a/ board of 4chan actually agrees on somthing well that's quite suprising.)

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
All told, this really isn't much for a canon romance. It really needs a lot more bells and whistles, imo, if this is going to be the romance that the Haruhi novels go with. Personally, I'm still not sold on it. It's way too subtle almost across the entire board, in my view.
Right now i'll agree with you, There is absolutely not enough canon romance for any relationship in Haruhi at this point.

Spoiler:

There simply needs to be more.

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Quote:

[spoier]Of course you just don't do that. That is why I said is not a good way. But I really don't think it cancel the last three days. She was pretty concerned with him and becomes flushed when noticed he was ok and saw sleeping/being concerned. Then she try to hide it in a compleate unreasonable non-girlfriendish way. She was really trying to have Kyon don't geting the wrongright idea. This might kill the moment for Kyon, but is still shows how concerned she was. Also, notice she only aplies this penaltys to Kyon, never to other people, even when they are late (like Mikuru in Sighs, or everybody else in Dissociation).
[/spoiler]
Spoiler:

Quote:

Joke (It might be me who is weird right?). Anyway, Kyon was who initiated the kiss, but was Haruhi who wanted to be kissed. And she did tryed to please Kyon latter wearing the ponytail. And I really belive Haruhi is more interested by Kyons personality then by his appearance. It is impossible know if she finds him atractive, anyway, unless she explicitly say him so. She did however, asked Miuru to take a photo of him sleeping in the Lone Island.
Pretty much, It's impossible to fully know what Haruhi thinks of Kyon but her feelings are hinted at the entire way through the novels/anime. I guess we won't know until the end.

Quote:

[spoiler]
He was desperate to find Haruhi, Yuki, Mikuru, and Koizumi. He was relieved to find each. Once he realized that this wasn't his world, he wanted to get his world back. Like I wrote, he wanted to get his friends back as he knows them. It wasn't all about Haruhi, though. It really wasn't. Saying so does a real disservice to how Kyon shows real caring for Yuki, Mikuru, and Koizumi as well.
[spoiler]
Spoiler:

Quote:
Plus the fact that she'd be completely going back on what she said to Kyon all the way back in Melancholy.
I assume you mean the part where she says Romantic emotions are just a passing phase?

She also says even she gets in the mood for those kinds of things. The weird thing about that is after she says that she recreates the mother fucking universe out of Jealousy of Mikuru and Kyon.

She has romantic emotions, no hiding it.
Old 2009-09-13, 06:15   Link #1259
Triple_R
*Author

Tornadium - That's a very good, well-reasoned reply.

In the interest of full disclosure, I'm going to say that at this time I'm a KyonYuki shipper. So... I'm not entirely unbiased here. Like many other KyonYuki shippers, though, I'll admit that my preference goes against the current for this anime franchise, particularly its fandom. I don't expect to "win" this any more than I expected my Ryoga/Akane preference in the Ranma 1/2 anime to emerge victorious.

All I'll say is that a lot of the Kyon/Haruhi relationship moments strike me as possibly being close platonic friendship moments. They tend to be viewed through a romantic lens, but... friendship alone can explain most of them, I think. Just my opinion.

Anyway... I'm going to let the shipping debate go for now, because this really isn't the thread for it, lol.
Old 2009-09-13, 06:34   Link #1260
freakonboard

I agree that Haruhi obviously likes Kyon, but the tsundere element in her personality makes her act the way she is.

Man, Kyon is the first and only person whom Haruhi subconsciously choosed to stay with in the new world in Melancholy 6 after all.
Closed Thread