AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

Old 2007-06-02, 11:23   Link #881
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
(Actually the wife-unit, who is apparently boneless, can stand that way but she refuses let me take a picture of her doing it).
I can also stand that way, and... your wife is not helping the matter!!

JediKnight: truth be told, when I first looked at the pic, I also thought that was a butt-line.

I never thought to put anything other than bean paste, choco, and choco-banana in taiyaki (I can't make them myself, though). I imagine you should try making something new and neat, and if you invite your worst enemy, save a hot-pepper-paste taiyaki for him or her (I have a tub of that in my fridge)... I can't even imagine biting into a sucker like that.

I'm shameless. Kyukuku [*runs off to do something particularly non-cool atm*]

Last edited by Risaa; 2007-06-02 at 12:31.
Risaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 12:04   Link #882
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

To get us back on track, how about a vector by yore:

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 14:57   Link #883
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

This is a satirical "artistic" nude of Konata by NtyPe, a doujin illustrator not known for H content. He appears to be just having a little fun with the character and the form.
Spoiler for satirical nudity. Naughty bits covered:

Too small to thumbnail on ImageShack:
Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 15:04   Link #884
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I like this Piggy Kagami thing they've got going on. Did that start as a result of her claiming she gained weight and was eating too much? Either way she's starting to remind me of Boota from Tengen-Toppa. I want a Piggy Kagami plushy with attached sweat drop that says press here and when you do it makes the Ide noise just like in the show.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 15:28   Link #885
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
lol...so kagami is now boota O.o

pardon any reposts >.<

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS

Last edited by Deathkillz; 2007-06-02 at 16:10. Reason: gah posted...
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 20:34   Link #886
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Hmm... some of those fanarts really dropped the ball when it comes to drawing Kagami's eyes. The top of her eyes have a very distinctive "\ /" pattern, and by rounding it so much, they have given her Tsukasa's eyes instead.

To put it simply, they need to retain the angular design of Kagami's eyes, and not the "standard" round anime eyes.

Cheers.
Old 2007-06-02, 21:55   Link #887
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Hmm... some of those fanarts really dropped the ball when it comes to drawing Kagami's eyes. The top of her eyes have a very distinctive "\ /" pattern, and by rounding it so much, they have given her Tsukasa's eyes instead.

To put it simply, they need to retain the angular design of Kagami's eyes, and not the "standard" round anime eyes.

Cheers.
Aye, her eyelashes are really dark and arched in a cat-like manner. The eye itself is almost a plump box with flattened bottom as well.
Old 2007-06-02, 22:57   Link #888
pariah164
Stand By, Ready, Set Up

Send a message via AIM to pariah164 Send a message via MSN to pariah164 Send a message via Yahoo to pariah164
I am having coloring issues on the Kagami art. >_< I cannot get the hair color right to save. My. Life. ARRRRG.
pariah164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 23:24   Link #889
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Are you coloring by hand or compy? I assume you're doing it by hand or else you could just copy Kagami's hair color from some other pic... For coloring by hand, it'd be easiest to use colored pencils, or if you have the money, Copic markers (also the neko ones... what're they called) are awesome.

Last edited by Risaa; 2007-06-03 at 13:50. Reason: Typo fixed :)
Old 2007-06-02, 23:59   Link #890
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Aye... I stopped even attempting to color by hand years ago....
Of course that means that my inking conspires to leave one pixel clear so the color splurts out all over the page...
Old 2007-06-03, 01:08   Link #891
JediNight
キズランダム

Vexx: I wasn't intending that you had to *exactly* hold the position ^_^; But if you have one of the little posing figurines that's also really good. I find simpler the better in these cases.

I poked around with Poser6, but it was waaaay too complicated, or I was never able to find a simplified model or something. I just wanted a simple model that let you pose the major joints only. But it had joints for like every joint in your fingers and toes, etc. that was like 10x more than I wanted lol.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-03, 01:11   Link #892
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

lol, I thought I was the only one with the one-pixel gap problem. I'm certain it has to be my scanner just not scanning every black pixel though... I've tried really hard to completely ink - the traditional way - all the way, leaving no gaps (I have a pretty crappy scanner... it was cheap, cut me some slack ). I've since then given up inking by pen and ink. The tutorial I found on how to ink in Photoshop isn't doing it for me either... I've been spending at least a couple hours trying to manually fill in gaps for each one (I've quit hassling with that, too).

Two scans from the May issue of Comptique mag. Photobucket links for those Imageshack despises.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...a/LSscan02.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...a/LSscan01.jpg

Dang two-page spreads... at least this one wasn't bad.
Old 2007-06-03, 01:26   Link #893
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risaa View Post
lol, I thought I was the only one with the one-pixel gap problem. I'm certain it has to be my scanner just not scanning every black pixel though... I've tried really hard to completely ink - the traditional way - all the way, leaving no gaps (I have a pretty crappy scanner... it was cheap, cut me some slack ). I've since then given up inking by pen and ink. The tutorial I found on how to ink in Photoshop isn't doing it for me either... I've been spending at least a couple hours trying to manually fill in gaps for each one (I've quit hassling with that, too).

Two scans from the May issue of Comptique mag. Photobucket links for those Imageshack despises.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...a/LSscan02.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...a/LSscan01.jpg

Dang two-page spreads... at least this one wasn't bad.
Interesting...Yui's family name means "sincerity/honesty" in kanji, despite how she totally discredited herself as we saw.

It's probably just the scan, but I don't see an arrow between Konata and Kagami.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-03, 01:51   Link #894
JediNight
キズランダム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risaa View Post
The tutorial I found on how to ink in Photoshop isn't doing it for me either... I've been spending at least a couple hours trying to manually fill in gaps for each one (I've quit hassling with that, too).
Are you talking about the little color gap between the outline and the colors for the different layers? What version of Photoshop are you using? CS2 completely changed how you use layers compared to earlier versions like 6.0.

CS2 you need the Outline layer as the Top layer, and all your color layers go under it. Those layers should also have Preserve Transparency checkboxed in the Layer window. The colors should fill all the way then.

Alternatively, if you have an older version like 6.0, you want the outline on the bottom with the other layers on top set to Multiply.
Old 2007-06-03, 01:56   Link #895
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

I use CS2... and apparently those grey blocks black with varying degrees of transparency blocks just kind of disappear when I make it so that the pic is only black and white (I select all color in the scan and change it to white... on a separate layer, of course). So if I have a thin black line, it is mostly made up of black with varying degrees of transparency blocks and most of the line is then wiped out and I have to go back and add pixel by pixel.

I'm sorry, I'm not Photoshop-savvy at all... this was tough for me to explain.
Old 2007-06-03, 02:10   Link #896
JediNight
キズランダム

I think I know what your talking about. The trick to fixing that as it was explained to me in a tutorial was to preserve transparency on the outline layer and run black large pen over all the outline and it should re-add a pixel around it all. I think that was it. Otherwise I think it might have been selecting only the black with the Selective Color command or whatever and again run a large pen over all of it.

I'll see if I can find that tutorial online again that was really good...

EDIT: I can't find the really good one that I wanted, but this might help you as well:
http://www.mangarevolution.com/tutor...tutorial_id=11

They mention going to Adjustment >> Levels, and tweaking the lineart there, which probably would be better for you. I think what your doing is converting the picture to B/W and it's causing those problems right? Tweak the levels and you should be able to darken up the lines and wash out the rest of it to white without as much hassle then.

Last edited by JediNight; 2007-06-03 at 02:42.
Old 2007-06-03, 02:59   Link #897
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
EDIT: I can't find the really good one that I wanted, but this might help you as well:
http://www.mangarevolution.com/tutor...tutorial_id=11

They mention going to Adjustment >> Levels, and tweaking the lineart there, which probably would be better for you. I think what your doing is converting the picture to B/W and it's causing those problems right? Tweak the levels and you should be able to darken up the lines and wash out the rest of it to white without as much hassle then.
Thanks a lot. I'll give this a shot next time I try to ink.

Because I found the pic tonight... and I'm feeling a little goofy...
A couple people have mentioned that Kagami seems to always have something in her mouth, including Pocky. That's silly... everyone knows "Pocky" doesn't exist.
Old 2007-06-03, 05:43   Link #898
JediNight
キズランダム

Did up a quick sketch tonight of Kagami. (About 10-15mins) Only have it roughed in, so you'll have to wait for later on today for me to go over it with regular lead. First thing sketching in around a year, and only done maybe a dozen things in the last 10 years since I took a Drawing 101 class, so I need to really get back into the swing of things. =(

http://my.execpc.com/~jfox/kagami.jpg

Couple things:
Head could stand to be a little taller ... don't think theres enough room between the eyes and the top of the head. Need to adjust the waist and where the knees are for the final sketch as well I think. Didn't intend to have her hands behind her, but with how I put the arms it just sorta ended up that way for it not to look odd. May fix that for the final or just leave it.
Old 2007-06-03, 06:59   Link #899
gekko

jip, the forehead needs to be taller

for example http://img340.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ystar02qs1.jpg
See the difference
gekko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-03, 07:02   Link #900
JediNight
キズランダム

Yeah I mentioned that as I posted it. If nothing else, I can use the wonders of PS to just drag that section of the hair straight up another inch or whatever. This is kinda a warmup since I haven't drawn in a long time. Only problem is, the blue is nice for rough sketches, but it's much harder than regular lead to erase from a page as well.

Tags
images