AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: What do you think of Itachi now?
I like Itachi even more! 97 36.74%
I still like Itachi but less than before 26 9.85%
I liked Itachi and I still like him exactly as before 45 17.05%
I don't like him anymore, he is just another psycho 36 13.64%
I didn't like Itachi before but he's growing on me now 18 6.82%
I never liked Itachi and it sure didn't change my poor opinion of him! 14 5.30%
Meh, I don't really care about him either way 28 10.61%
Voters: 264. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-02-03, 13:32   Link #61
ShadowAssasin
Banned

Whats wrong with you people; that wasn't really itachi acting irratic; it was his feelings and inner intentions being interpreted by sauske's sharingan. Didn't you read the part when Itachi said "I take it you saw my true self clearly"? What do you think he means by "my true self"? And, what do you think that big monsters face with sharingan eyes were? (behind itachi) You guys need to read it again. Maybe once more after that.

Don't you realize their surroundings are different from when Itachi was shown yelling? He was using his sharingan like he did when he spoke to the nine tails fox. Work on your reading comprehension people.

What the author wanted to show us is Itachi's true inner self. Before this we only seen him calm and collective even in the most critical moments; however tihs is how the author wants to show us what he's hiding beyond that "cool" exterior. This is true even in real life; those people around you that you think are "quiet", are the ones you should really keep your eye on because you dont know what they're hiding. Like my favorite idiomatic expression "tip of the iceberg"; the small piece of ice you see floating on the water may be enormous under water; meaning dont always take things for face value.

Last edited by Hunter; 2008-04-15 at 22:50.
ShadowAssasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 13:52   Link #62
shankss
CP10

Itachi might have never been of aware of mangekyou's blinding option,He might have just wanted power as every newbie youth clan member can..4-5 days after killing his friend he may have gone crazy with new sharingan's pain, somehow finding that there is a way to stop blinding like madara did, sparing sasuke in massacre just to let his sharingan grow?
Just a theory of mine -_- yet still a hope for me that Itachi is not just another mindless killing machine...yet

shankss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 14:06   Link #63
ShadowAssasin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankss View Post
yet still a hope for me that Itachi is not just another mindless killing machine...yet
He is far, far from a mindless killing machine. An example of a mindless killing machine is the four tailed kyubbi controling naruto. Itachi is a cold, calculating genius. Ever hear that phrase "crazy like a fox"?

He doesn't go around massacring people without reason or for his personal pleasure. I believe he had a practical (to him and madara apparently) reason as to why he wiped out the Uchiha clan. We've also seen him avoid fighting altogether because it was either "meaningless battle" to him ,or meant it would hinder him carrying out his mission efficiently.

Old 2008-02-03, 15:47   Link #64
shankss
CP10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAssasin View Post
He is far, far from a mindless killing machine. An example of a mindless killing machine is the four tailed kyubbi controling naruto. Itachi is a cold, calculating genius. Ever hear that phrase "crazy like a fox"?

He doesn't go around massacring people without reason or for his personal pleasure. I believe he had a practical (to him and madara apparently) reason as to why he wiped out the Uchiha clan. We've also seen him avoid fighting altogether because it was either "meaningless battle" to him ,or meant it would hinder him carrying out his mission efficiently.
the question is what will he do if he gains eternal ms.Go after kyuubi or be a secret-weapon servant of madara zombie If he rushes to go control kyuubi to destroy konoha and others with some random emotional reason then I'll %100 lose faith in Itachi (simple as destroy world stuff, since world in narutoverse is just a bunch of villages) but if he was just trying to prevent blinding all that time no matter what then this will make him one cold calculating genius and a much more deeper character.If he goes kyuubi-destroy-all he will be one confused mindless villain, if he goes Madara way he will be a servant/puppet (yet I doubt that since he sees Madara as an empty shell, we can even say that he pity him) or he can just go on his own way, now that he survived mangekyou blinding and sasuke...time will tell

Last edited by Hunter; 2008-04-15 at 22:51.
shankss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 16:21   Link #65
ShadowAssasin
Banned

Quote:
the question is what will he do if he gains eternal ms.Go after kyuubi or be a secret-weapon servant of madara zombie If he rushes to go control kyuubi to destroy konoha and others with some random emotional reason then I'll %100 lose faith in Itachi (simple as destroy world stuff, since world in narutoverse is just a bunch of villages) but if he was just trying to prevent blinding all that time no matter what then this will make him one cold calculating genius and a much more deeper character.If he goes kyuubi-destroy-all he will be one confused mindless villain, if he goes Madara way he will be a servant/puppet (yet I doubt that since he sees Madara as an empty shell, we can even say that he pity him) or he can just go on his own way, now that he survived mangekyou blinding and sasuke...time will tell
Well I'm pretty much certain he wont attain sauske's eyes, but if he did, I'd imagine he'd most likely try to gain control of akasuki and carry on their agenda with him as the head of the organization. Considering his disposition throughout the entire series up unil now, there is no reason to belive he would suddenly become the cliche crazed villian that simply wants to destroy the leaf village. (in fact I don't even think there is any indication that destroying the leaf village is even in his agenda? am i wrong?) I believe he wants to be how Madara *used* to be in his prime(assuming he really is a shell of his former self), and be head of a powerful ninja organization. So, if he *did* attain Sauske's eyes my guess is that he would likely kill Madara and take over, or somehow start his own ninja organization. I think its obvious why he wouldn't become a servant/apprentice of madara any longer... He said so in the manga.

He wont get Sauske's eyes anyway lol.
(btw, if destroying the leaf village *is* in his agenda I don't think its anything personal, like it would be to Orochimaru. It would likely be part of a larger goal)

Old 2008-02-03, 19:59   Link #66
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

I agree that Itachi is smart but i also think that he's a little crazed in his desperation to stop his eventual blindness

Endrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 00:15   Link #67
Salt
the cynic

Quote:
Itachi might have never been of aware of mangekyou's blinding option,He might have just wanted power as every newbie youth clan member can..4-5 days after killing his friend he may have gone crazy with new sharingan's pain, somehow finding that there is a way to stop blinding like madara did, sparing sasuke in massacre just to let his sharingan grow?
Just a theory of mine -_- yet still a hope for me that Itachi is not just another mindless killing machine...yet
That or Madara told him the whole story, and the whole kill your own clan but spare you brother for his eyes was planned out by them.

Salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 01:28   Link #68
Jechtsphere
The Black Swordsman

Send a message via MSN to Jechtsphere
I like him more, I didn't think he was Psychotic at first but now we know his head isn't right lol
Jechtsphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 21:04   Link #69
BlackDove
Unheard

So... since this is a manga thread, I assume you've read the latest.

A good guy. That's the twist I was waiting for. I somehow knew all along he'd be the good guy. Hope when Madara starts spilling everything it turns that way.
BlackDove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 21:21   Link #70
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

This thread needs an update in the opening post, or the version 2 of it needs to be posted in another thread while burying this one for good.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 21:22   Link #71
reloaded
skywalker

From the last chapter im now confused as to why he joined Akatsuki.
reloaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 21:27   Link #72
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Knowing Madara's intentions and Akatsuki's goals, Akatsuki might be the only place where he can keep Madara under control and protect Konoha by getting assigned for the Akatsuki's Konoha-related duties.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 22:33   Link #73
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
itachi, a hero.
Old 2008-04-11, 22:39   Link #74
malvado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendo View Post
itachi, a hero.
Yup. One of the greatest heros in the manga. And as we find out more he will become our new Yondaime. I mean , f*ck the Uchihas are all Hokage lvl now lol.

KONOHA Kuroi no Yarou
malvado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 22:41   Link #75
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by malvado View Post
Yup. One of the greatest heros in the manga. And as we find out more he will become our new Yondaime. I mean , f*ck the Uchihas are all Hokage lvl now lol.
Well obviously not all of them or they wouldn't have been reduced to police officers in a ninja village. Additionally, they would not all be dead now, if they were really all Hokage level.

edit:....oh wait, sorry, you were being sarcastic, my bad.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 01:55   Link #76
HikariYume

Ahh...Itachi. I really dont like him anymore. I mean...so many chapters of Sasuke abuse and I find out that it was all just to find out that Itachi wanted to protect the little s.o.b? 'the crap....
Old 2008-04-12, 03:24   Link #77
Schuyler

How the hell you kill your clan and parents to save the world and your brother BS.
Schuyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 05:49   Link #78
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schuyler View Post
How the hell you kill your clan and parents to save the world and your brother BS.
If you didn't notice: Uchiha are the strongest in mental techniques, they are the strongest in making you believe something that's not true. They are the masters of illusion. It's natural that their story should contain heavy amounts of illusions for us. Never trust what you have seen on the manga pages about Uchiha, it may turn out that the reality is the opposite
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 10:29   Link #79
Last of the Uchihas

lol Itachi punk everyone at the end.
Last of the Uchihas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 18:42   Link #80
ShadowAssasin
Banned

He's still a legend.