AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-15, 11:48   Link #461
nagare
魔女狩り続行中

Just to make sure, is the fan mystery done?
If so, will anyone be interested if I post more speculation/things I noticed in EP 03?
I did write a lot... probably too much as I think I need to split it in 3+ posts b/c I seem to hit the limit how much a single post can take, multiple times ^^;;;;; I may take some more time and post it tomorrow to reduce the text.
Old 2008-09-15, 11:59   Link #462
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Fan mystery's over, I think we're more interested in the "real" one anyway (though the fan-made one was a neat distraction).
Old 2008-09-15, 17:36   Link #463
Nadeor
Asmodeus Saigo (>v<)/

Send a message via MSN to Nadeor
Ok, you guys go ahead and have some fun with EP3 speculations now, just don't forget the Spoiler tag

I'm going to post out a fan EP of umineko later on
This one was said to be extremly hard, so I expect everyone to try their best, get ready~
Old 2008-09-15, 17:56   Link #464
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
It better be something that makes sense! That one didn't really seem plausible from the character traits the characters possessed.

Credit To Risa-chan!
Old 2008-09-15, 18:00   Link #465
chronotrig

umineko=plausible
Old 2008-09-15, 18:07   Link #466
Nadeor
Asmodeus Saigo (>v<)/

Lol Umineko is never plausiable
However that one did seem to make sense, after all it did somewhat make connections, the fan EP is wayy better than that short detective game
Old 2008-09-15, 18:10   Link #467
nagare
魔女狩り続行中

Pasrt 2

First disclaimer:
1) I apologize for the ridiculous amount I wrote.
2) I'm sure I have many grammatical errors. I apologize for this.
3) I do have many contradicting theories. This because I was trying to keep open different possibilities even the unlikely ones. If you want a blunt answer:
Spoiler for In short what I believe:

Now for the long winded theory...
Spoiler:

Last edited by nagare; 2008-09-15 at 21:02.
Old 2008-09-15, 18:11   Link #468
nagare
魔女狩り続行中

Part 3

Spoiler:
Old 2008-09-15, 18:12   Link #469
nagare
魔女狩り続行中

Part 4

Spoiler:
Old 2008-09-15, 18:12   Link #470
Nadeor
Asmodeus Saigo (>v<)/

Holy my sweet lord, how long did you spend on these whole thing!? O_O|||
Old 2008-09-15, 18:13   Link #471
nagare
魔女狩り続行中

Part 5

Spoiler:
Old 2008-09-15, 18:17   Link #472
nagare
魔女狩り続行中

Fin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadeor View Post
Holy my sweet lord, how long did you spend on these whole thing!? O_O|||
Technically about 1 week since I posted part 1.
I had the ideas down but I had to write them out. I was lazy so I didn't finish part 4~5 until sometime last week. When I came back to this forum, I saw that there was a fan mystery going on, so I just waited. Not like I'm in a rush since the next episode is so many months away.
Old 2008-09-15, 19:10   Link #473
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

After thinking about it, I've come to the conclusion that...
Spoiler for :

Old 2008-09-15, 23:37   Link #474
nagare
魔女狩り続行中

Spoiler for 07151129:
Old 2008-09-16, 05:05   Link #475
Exilon
Philosopher of theories

this is kinda ... amazing O_o I would not be able to write so much text, but your theories are very well conceived...

Spoiler:

Also, as for the number, could it be a combination for some safe? Dunno, just trying to make it simple.
Old 2008-09-16, 09:05   Link #476
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Spoiler for 戴冠式:

More of my stupid thoughts ()

My guess is (a)+(b).

We are prone to take Rosa as stupid, after all, during the solving of the riddle she did not have much participation. But I guess she is just not that much

I guess she is just not so greedy (she just wants to solve her money problems) and is kind of frigging scared of her siblings, taking as basis the short flashback we had of her childhood in the tea party of episode 2.

I think she already knew about where the 'golden village' was and feared that she alone would not be able to secure her share of the gold and 'slipped' some hints to Eva to have an 'ally', as Eva is known to be very sly. With this setting she would have Eva as her ally or, in the worst case scenario, Krauss and Rudolf, if Eva tried anything funny. If she came up alone claiming: "I found the gold, I'm the next head and I'll have 62,5% of the gold", it could induce a conspiracy of the other 3 together against her (it's better to share among 3 than among 4), as she doesn't have the 'poisonous nature' of the other 3. The strategy is to split the other 3.

Part 12:
We are strongly suggested that while Eva-b was playing with Rosa (that is, the criminal was killing Rosa), Eva was having a nightmare about the very same scene. Well, with information we get later, it seems to be more likely that eva went nuts (2 personalities) and when she kills, she thinks it was not her but Eva-b, who is 'other person'. That is, if it was realy Eva who killed the two. In spite everything points to that...

Part 14:
If we are to believe all that talk about Asumu, jealousy and Rudolf+Kyrie's love story, even Kyrie can have a killer instinct inside her in this story. In my 'game impression' post, I said the criminal could be one or more people, but they could be different in each game because many, if not all, of them could have a killer instinct inside that just needed something to trigger it. And Beatrice would be the personification of this, as it seems the criminal(s) want to give the impression the Witch does exist.

About the calculations: To be honest, at the time I read it, I thought it to be a typo from Ryuukishi (the part of 168 and 188, it's just a 8 instead a 6)

But this part:
Quote:
…それはレヴィアタンの力と速度の、845倍を超える。
157680/168 = ~938.57 even if you do 157680/188 = ~838.72 neither is 845
It's not an exact calculation
It says: 'It is more than 845 times Leviathan's speed'
And 938 is more than 845. However, this calculation needs 168 to work, and not 188. That's why I thought it to be a typo... but, who knows...

And I do not remember if it's mentioned that Kyrie shot leviathan in the chest... I think... Just re-read it and did not find it... whatever...

Spoiler:

It's magic

Spoiler:

The stakes had to be used starting from 4th night. It might be to just take advantage of the 'ritual' and make it look more witch-like.

Strange is that there's not letter this time to indicate the 3rd night.

Spoiler:

I think it hints to Ria's suggestion about Nanjo's murder. Someone who was thought to be dead (Hideyoshi, anyone...?) was still alive and killed Nanjo, only
to die later and create Eva-b's trick to deceive Battler's with all those red texts.

Part 16
Spoiler:

It makes sense
But, it's interesting to note tha the 'corpses' of Rudolf, Kyrie and Hideyoshi are found on the same place later, in the hall. This is becoming quite a playacting

Spoiler:

Could it be for the sake of forcing the blame onto Eva? Like a revenge for something?

--------

腹と言うのは、何とも致死性に欠ける。
他の方法で無難に殺し、死体に杭を刺してもOKなのでは?

This Kyrie's TIP is indeed extremely suggesting.
This might be pointing Kyrie wrote those numbers. Could it be that her 'hatred' fro Battler had something to do with it, since Battler recognized his birthday date there? Well, quite unlikely

But it suggests Kyrie might have done something with her last strenght.

And in fact, it's hard for Hideyoshi to have killed Nanjo as well as Rudolf and Kyrie.
But Hideyoshi's TIP bugs me:

油断した。まだ生きていたなんて……。

If one of the dead is the criminal, he'd have to go back to the exact same place he/she died because of the scene where Beato is rummaging the corpses and finds Kyrie's stuff. It would be strange if they were not in the same place, (meta)Battler should notice it. Unless the 'living-dead', knowing he/she would die soon, for some reason, did not want anyone to know that they were alive and committed a crime and returned to the place of death.

It's hard, but not impossible. Can't be discarded.
Could it be that there are people taking Claymore's supressing pills around here?

Other point;
We do not know how Battler finds Eva is the killer in the real world. We just see him crying and Eva shooting him. This has to be related to Nanjo's killer. I'm sure about this.
Old 2008-09-17, 00:48   Link #477
Rias

Lots of intresting and very promising theories but peroyasha and ace, but alot of stuff to read...I'm just gonna comment/speculate/theorize on some of the points, but do excuse me if I've brought up points that you guys have brought up/solved already:

Spoiler for 07151129:

However, thinking on that route,

Spoiler for Real/Fake Battler?:

Spoiler for 6 "closed" room. Not "How?", but "Why?":
Old 2008-09-17, 04:28   Link #478
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
Spoiler for 6 "closed" room. Not "How?", but "Why?":
It is mentioned something like this when Beatrice and Eva-b are discussing how to put the humans to believe in Witches.

Spoiler:

That's why the 'not-so-cruel' murders look even more strange. Someone is not very interested in look like a Witch.
Old 2008-09-17, 07:43   Link #479
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
Spoiler for Real/Fake Battler?:
You know... if this is true wouldn't it make Meta-Battler actions weird? as Meta-Battler is EP 1's Battler.

EDIT: Though whoever EP2's "Beatrice" is she would have had to of known Battler to justify the last chapters

Last edited by Sterling01; 2008-09-17 at 08:00.
Old 2008-09-17, 13:05   Link #480
nagare
魔女狩り続行中

Spoiler for @Exilon:

Spoiler for @theacefrehley <- should use spoiler tags more often:

Spoiler for @Rias:
Closed Thread