AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-27, 21:20   Link #21
ASL

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darmill View Post
^ yep it's stated below 新副署長 = new vice warden

It could mean that there actually are two or more vice wardens...
There are just only one vice warden .Because the vice warden who sadi love is Magellan. See 665 Ministory Sadi's expression.

Last edited by ASL; 2012-04-28 at 09:33.
Old 2012-04-27, 22:00   Link #22
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
The new script is more legit. And more like outclass I would say Magellan, for shame, refused to continue doing his job as Warden due to feeling himself guilty for not stopping the greatest Impel Down outbreak.

So how is Smoker's functional despite Law took his heart out?
i am guessing smoker heart it still "connected" to smoker body. as long law do not crush or destroy it. i still functional properly.

just like buggy limb i guess

Old 2012-04-27, 22:16   Link #23
marvelB

Well, the available pics confirm the legitimacy of that first summary, so it stays as is. Still real disappointed about Magellan, but eh. It is what it is. I just hope that Oda will still set up a rematch between him and Luffy at some later point....

Anyways, now that the spoiler's confirmed, I can only guess that Oda somehow managed to convince the editors to let him step up his game for this storyline by having a mad scientist get little kids addicted to drugs (BTW, the term Chopper used is the same "kakuseizai" that Aohige mentioned earlier). Though, I have to wonder what Law thinks of those experiments since he's just letting CC do as he pleases with the kids. Is he really that cold-hearted as to just ignore their situation, seeing as he's a doctor himself, pirate though he may be? But then again, this could also have something to do with his earlier accusation to Smoker.....

Also, about those yeti guys, looking at the pics, they remind me more of the long-leg people (like Baron Tamago) rather than giants. Well, at least it looks like we're finally introduced to some stronger enemies (could use a few more, though).....
Old 2012-04-27, 23:14   Link #24
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Will the chapter be out soon??

I'm trying my best to stop myself from looking at the spoilers..
Old 2012-04-28, 00:58   Link #25
ChaosPaladin
Bringer of Order & Chaos

chinese translation is out. but wow, someone manage to knock out zorro, sanji and brooke. this cool brother duo is so huge as well.
Old 2012-04-28, 01:01   Link #26
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

The usage of the word 覚醒剤 is legit as well.

WSJ has some balls.
I just hope Oda doesn't get in trouble for this.
Old 2012-04-28, 02:54   Link #27
Kerimeos

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Well, the available pics confirm the legitimacy of that first summary, so it stays as is. Still real disappointed about Magellan, but eh. It is what it is. I just hope that Oda will still set up a rematch between him and Luffy at some later point....

Anyways, now that the spoiler's confirmed, I can only guess that Oda somehow managed to convince the editors to let him step up his game for this storyline by having a mad scientist get little kids addicted to drugs (BTW, the term Chopper used is the same "kakuseizai" that Aohige mentioned earlier). Though, I have to wonder what Law thinks of those experiments since he's just letting CC do as he pleases with the kids. Is he really that cold-hearted as to just ignore their situation, seeing as he's a doctor himself, pirate though he may be? But then again, this could also have something to do with his earlier accusation to Smoker.....

Also, about those yeti guys, looking at the pics, they remind me more of the long-leg people (like Baron Tamago) rather than giants. Well, at least it looks like we're finally introduced to some stronger enemies (could use a few more, though).....
I'm rather shocked myself. Didn't we have the Fishmen and their pill popping ways last arc, to say nothing of the utterly grimdark content of this revelation. I'm surprised another major use of drug use has come up so soon (besides Chopper's use of his own Rumble ball drugs - did he get off them and is able to use all his transformations without them, by the way?). Given children are the addicts, it makes it all the more horrifying. A good solid way to establish CC as an absolute monster (as if his other actions at PK weren't enough).

It's difficult to say what the 'end goal' is with them, aside from their artificially induced growth. If there is a government and/or military connection... I would suspect super soldiers, personally... the new Pacifista perhaps? Or rats to test out a new weapon CC's developing. Either way, it'll be interesting how Oda takes it from here.

The big question mark is Law. I am eager to see what that full conversation between CC and him entailed this chapter. Right now, I myself am getting a bit of mood whiplash with Law being angry and leaving the lab last chapter vs him offering up Smoker's heart as a gift now and not then. I'm curious what he was doing in that time - Den Den call of his own maybe? He's been dropping cryptic clues since the beginning: that comment about forged calls, the marines 'scheming' bit, and of course the 'we both have something to get back' line to Luffy. It could be that the revelations of Law's motivations for being present are the key to this arc (and perhaps a larger arc, like one poster suggested last chapter thread) and that's why we're still in the dark about them and his thoughts in general.

Either way, this all but guarantees CC and Smoker will be having a direct confrontation. Law's gift could very well turn out to be a curse. And perhaps Law knows that too.
Old 2012-04-28, 03:13   Link #28
Rahan

I assume it will turn out the drugs weren't that dangerous and that there was a good reason Law is supporting this ...
Old 2012-04-28, 04:25   Link #29
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Well, it defenitely made CC shoot past all the past villains in villainy.
Even Spandam and kill-em-all Akainu seems tame compared to this monster.

Only thing topping drugging children with narcotics would be a child molestation level of the twins in Black Lagoon.
Old 2012-04-28, 05:25   Link #30
ronin myael
lost ronin

chapter's out!

wow, looks like oda is upping his game, huh? using addictive stimulant drugs to control children? experimenting on them and turning them into monsters? ceasar clown is more twisted than i thought. well, this is the new world after all, i did expect the villains to become more radical and loathsome.

i love seeing chopper with franky's expression, it's so damn hilarious!
Old 2012-04-28, 06:11   Link #31
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Well, it defenitely made CC shoot past all the past villains in villainy.
Even Spandam and kill-em-all Akainu seems tame compared to this monster.

Only thing topping drugging children with narcotics would be a child molestation level of the twins in Black Lagoon.
Yep the first villain we meet in the NW seems to be a really big asshole .
Kill-em-all is the norm for some villains but getting the kids addicted to drugs so they don't run away in new low .
Old 2012-04-28, 06:12   Link #32
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Well, this is pretty messed up. Apparently the kids are given candy every day that contains an addictive substance which also makes them grow. So when they don't get any for too long they go berserk.

Can't help but wonder about Law's motivations, he doesn't seem all that pleased about the situation.
And then there's the matter of Zoro, Sanji-Nami & Brooke getting taken down. It seems they didn't actually fight, so I think they were probably ambushed. Still impressive that they're all knocked out like that, but perhaps they're not quite out of it yet.

On the lighter side, it was hilarious to see Robin tell off Franky for grinning and speaking while in Chopper's body, she seems genuinely pissed off by his perversion of cute lil Choppy.
Old 2012-04-28, 06:15   Link #33
Kallen4life

Will there be a chapter then this Wednesday ? Or we wait 9-th May now ?
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Old 2012-04-28, 06:54   Link #34
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Franky-Chopper faces are amazing...so, it turns out that the kids are on drugs and have been experimented on while being normal-sized, which upgrades CC from mad scientist to immoral mad scientist! Can't wait to see Chopper kick his ass...
Quote:
I assume it will turn out the drugs weren't that dangerous and that there was a good reason Law is supporting this ...
I assume Law is being blackmailed by CC or promised something he wants (One Piece, even) and that Luffy will save him in the process of saving everyone else too.
Old 2012-04-28, 07:41   Link #35
Darmill

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASL View Post
There are jus only one vice warden .Because the vice warden who sadi love is Magellan. See 665 Ministory Sadi's expression.
Wow maybe ur right after all, I guess she's fallen in love with his new scars (manly scars on the face = sex appeal)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Still real disappointed about Magellan, but eh. It is what it is. I just hope that Oda will still set up a rematch between him and Luffy at some later point....
I'm disappointed as well. I was on the same boat as many of you predicting Magellan being converted into a marine and VA respectively, but still, just love Oda being as unpredictable as usual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerimeos View Post
I'm rather shocked myself. Didn't we have the Fishmen and their pill popping ways last arc, to say nothing of the utterly grimdark content of this revelation. I'm surprised another major use of drug use has come up so soon
Yes Oda indeed is quite drug-heavy as far as the recent arcs are concerned. But he also made clear the abysmal subsequent damage of the forbidden stuff, so I think he did a pretty good job conveying that message to the younger generation.

Quote:
I myself am getting a bit of mood whiplash with Law being angry and leaving the lab last chapter vs him offering up Smoker's heart as a gift now and not then.
Same here. Law already met CC before but left the facility for a walk (or for whatever reason), then he returned from his promenade and handed CC Smokie's heart like he simply wanted to get rid of it.

By the way, that's really funny & a smart move by Nami to send Zoro accompanying Brook & Sanji so she doesn't have to keep an eye on her body because those two of the monster trio would never stop browling. Also love Franky's face expression using Chopper's body and Robin's reaction to it, simply hilarious!

I also noticed that Zoro didn't even have a chance to unsheathe his swords, but their bodies seem to be unharmed, so I guess they passed out (sleeping gas again?) without having a real chance to offer resistence.
Old 2012-04-28, 08:15   Link #36
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

Son of a b**ch! CC really got the kids addicted to drugs (using higher than normal dosages, just like meth in real life) so they wouldn't leave the lab. Wow, that's pretty intense for One Piece... I hope they can be rehabilitated and returned to their normal size...

Franky-Chopper looks kinda evil now, I get why Robin would want him to just shut up

And I can't believe Zoro's been knocked out - they must've ambushed them and used some gas, since he wouldn't go down without a fight (Brook seems to have at least drawn his sword before being knocked out)...
Old 2012-04-28, 08:18   Link #37
Homura7

This will end up being a great educational lesson for kids: "Drugs are bad for your health, remember."

I can't wait till Caesar Clown gets his sorry ass beaten to a pulp, the bastard is beyond anything we have seen so far in villainy terms. But of course, this mad fellow is already the responsible of why the island is the Tchernobyl of One Piece.
Old 2012-04-28, 08:26   Link #38
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

some points I got from this chapter :

Magellan become Vice Warden.... *sigh*

Zoro teams got owned easily??? by Yeti or by that eighty cool brothers???

Robin can't stand watching Franky in Chopper body... lol! first time I see annoyed Robin

and the mystery slowly revealed :
the kids are kidnapped.... given a narcotic drug everyday to keep them from escaping... treated by growth hormone to become a giant.... seems like this CC want to make Giant's army
Old 2012-04-28, 08:34   Link #39
Darmill

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlex View Post

And I can't believe Zoro's been knocked out - they must've ambushed them and used some gas, since he wouldn't go down without a fight (Brook seems to have at least drawn his sword before being knocked out)...
Indeed what a shame! Both he and the girly cook were too busy quarreling to notice two giants who normally can't be overlooked even without coO

Speaking of haki, Luffy could have easily tamed those kids with his coC
Old 2012-04-28, 08:50   Link #40
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

let me guess. those three are pretending to dead because they see a "bear"

Closed Thread