AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-07-24, 21:48   Link #281
fazri
blacksun king

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
@Reaper

On the contrary, if this is picked up by an English licence, then it'd be great instead. You will likely have steady translations and the possibility to buy a hard copy o the book. What's to hate?
let's talk the reality like spice wolf until now the translation of the novel really slow.
if english license take this series the no one can translate it in BT also we never know when translated novel will show up maybe in 3 or 5 year till it comes to book store!
Old 2012-07-24, 21:50   Link #282
KuroiHikari

Quote:
You're a life-saviour, KH. And would you know what 風雲 mean too? It's technically wind-clouds, though I think it has another meaning.
From JDIC:
風雲 【かざぐも; かぜくも】 (n) (1) clouds appearing before the wind starts to blow; (2) (esp. かぜくも) (See 風雲・ふううん .1) winds and clouds
風雲 【ふううん】 (n) (1) winds and clouds; nature; the elements; (2) situation; state of affairs; (P)

I have no idea actually without context.

Btw, is geographical knowledge of Japan require to read this smoothly? Or, anything a non-Japanese should take note of?
KuroiHikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 21:53   Link #283
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuroiHikari View Post
From JDIC:
風雲 【かざぐも; かぜくも】 (n) (1) clouds appearing before the wind starts to blow; (2) (esp. かぜくも) (See 風雲・ふううん .1) winds and clouds
風雲 【ふううん】 (n) (1) winds and clouds; nature; the elements; (2) situation; state of affairs; (P)

Btw, is geographical knowledge of Japan require to read this smoothly? Or, anything a non-Japanese should take note of?
It is really amazing you can read Kanji. I am guessing you will not translate this Light Novel, considering you are going inactive after vol 3 of Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 22:05   Link #284
KuroiHikari

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
It is really amazing you can read Kanji. I am guessing you will not translate this Light Novel, considering you are going inactive after vol 3 of Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance.
I think I encounter about a countable of unknown words(not necessarily kanji) per 2 pages at most, so far Blade Dance has improved a good amount of vocab for me (not sure if relevant vocab), but as this is vastly different in era and etc, I think I'll be using a dictionary often.
KuroiHikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 22:15   Link #285
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
I think I encounter about a countable of unknown words(not necessarily kanji) per 2 pages at most, so far Blade Dance has improved a good amount of vocab for me (not sure if relevant vocab), but as this is vastly different in era and etc, I think I'll be using a dictionary often.
Still you are much better than I who can only recognize some meaning of Japan words and cannot read them. It is a shame you are going inactive after Dance Blade, but reality and life requires much more attention. If this project becomes official on baka-tsuki (Really really hope so) than it may need more than one translator to do it. I am thinking of asking Eternal Dreamer and Akuma to translate this Novel since they are fond of translating High School DXD with Nom@n.
Old 2012-07-24, 23:15   Link #286
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Because there's a history of English licenced books being poorly translated and not actually getting everything down.
Yen Press is quite decent though, IMO. And Tokyopop used to be fine too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fazri View Post
let's talk the reality like spice wolf until now the translation of the novel really slow.
if english license take this series the no one can translate it in BT also we never know when translated novel will show up maybe in 3 or 5 year till it comes to book store!
To be honest, I can't really call it slow. First of all, there are marketing issues and rentability issues which is the reason why volumes aren't translated by 10 people at the same time and released one after the other ASAP.

The existence of Baka-Tsuki itself is to bring out novels that people cannot access to. If this series was to be licences by good branches such as YP, then there'd be no reason for fan-translations groups to pick this novel at all since you can simply buy it.

----

Enough talking about this, I finished volume 2. Damn, the MC is quite a smooth-talker when he's in some serious situation. And the dog's reaction with the fish was cute enough. Add to that the over-protectionist attitude of Katsuie (I think that's her name. You know, the big-breasted girl...) and etc.
Old 2012-07-25, 00:26   Link #287
killerprado18

I'm sorry If I bother with this question but where can I read the summaries (if existent) of this LN cause I love sengoku period of Japan and even more when some of my favorite warlords are turned into cute girls, but my japanese is restricted to just a little bit on the spoken side
killerprado18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 00:43   Link #288
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerprado18 View Post
I'm sorry If I bother with this question but where can I read the summaries (if existent) of this LN cause I love sengoku period of Japan and even more when some of my favorite warlords are turned into cute girls, but my japanese is restricted to just a little bit on the spoken side
Just read Mechatrill's summaries for the time being, search for his posts, or just scroll the pages, they only go back as far as 3 pages or so...
chad001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 01:45   Link #289
Undertaker

Quote:
^ Hmm? Picked up by who?
Sorry, I was talking about Chinese licenses.

Quote:
From JDIC:

If it's Nonunaga related, he is also been refer to as 風雲兒/風雲児, it's a Chinese originated expression.
It means that the guy is as well known as winds and cloud, and highly regarded and talented in his/her field as if he/she can command the wind and clouds.

Basically, it's an expression used to show how famous and influential a person is in his/her field.

Last edited by Undertaker; 2012-07-25 at 03:42.
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 02:50   Link #290
fazri
blacksun king

Quote:
Yen Press is quite decent though, IMO. And Tokyopop used to be fine too.

To be honest, I can't really call it slow. First of all, there are marketing issues and rentability issues which is the reason why volumes aren't translated by 10 people at the same time and released one after the other ASAP.

The existence of Baka-Tsuki itself is to bring out novels that people cannot access to. If this series was to be licences by good branches such as YP, then there'd be no reason for fan-translations groups to pick this novel at all since you can simply buy it.

----

Enough talking about this, I finished volume 2. Damn, the MC is quite a smooth-talker when he's in some serious situation. And the dog's reaction with the fish was cute enough. Add to that the over-protectionist attitude of Katsuie (I think that's her name. You know, the big-breasted girl...) and etc.
maybe enough for you but the problem is in my country the possibility the novel that get english license really small to be selling inside my country.
i'm in indonesia.
Old 2012-07-25, 03:01   Link #291
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

Thanks for the summaries.
I am looking forward to more
Let's hope it gets translated and not licensed

Last edited by zgmf-x19a; 2012-07-25 at 03:43.
zgmf-x19a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 03:38   Link #292
fazri
blacksun king

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgmf-x19a View Post
Thanks for the summaries.
I am looking forward to more
Let's hope it get translated and not licensed
yes lets hope that.
if this novel get licensed then i would never can read this LN anymore.
Old 2012-07-25, 05:30   Link #293
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

I really want to know more about Saru holding off the pursuit army
Old 2012-07-25, 07:03   Link #294
Murakumo

wowie.. the anime hooked me and the LN even more I should say

Spoiler for volume 8/9?:

anyhoo, has anyone actually read up to volume 9?
Murakumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 08:47   Link #295
wagnerr
philosopher stone power

in history hideyoshi had 14 wives
wagnerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 08:57   Link #296
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murakumo View Post
wowie.. the anime hooked me and the LN even more I should say

Spoiler for volume 8/9?:

anyhoo, has anyone actually read up to volume 9?
OH MANS, so they've finally gotten to that event.. GWEH!
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 10:48   Link #297
Mikey-kun

So after having read through 15 pages of comments I decided to join the site, simply because I spotted the word english translation several times *drools*

Anyways! Uhm hi!
Old 2012-07-25, 10:54   Link #298
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey-kun View Post
So after having read through 15 pages of comments I decided to join the site, simply because I spotted the word english translation several times *drools*

Anyways! Uhm hi!
Welcome, to the thread. In here we talk about everything about Oda Nobuna no Yabou. You should read the summaries a couple of page back. Right now we are trying to convince people to vote on Baka-Tsuki in hope to get this translated.
Old 2012-07-25, 10:57   Link #299
Mikey-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Welcome, to the thread. In here we talk about everything about Oda Nobuna no Yabou. You should read the summaries a couple of page back. Right now we are trying to convince people to vote on Baka-Tsuki in hope to get this translated.
Yea I've already copied all the summaries over to word files so I have them at hand if needed, lol

Can anyone vote on that poll of yours because I wouldn't mind an english translation myself ?
Old 2012-07-25, 11:00   Link #300
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I think you can vote without an account or maybe you will need to register on Baka-Tsuki. You can make an account and it is free. Here is the link to the request page http://www.baka-tsuki.org/forums/vie...152690#p152690

Tags
action, alternate universe, ecchi, fake harem, fantasia bunko, ga bunko, harem, historical, romance, sengoku jidai, shounen, true harem