AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-02-28, 20:06   Link #581
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
THE GHOST ERA WAS 7 YEARS LATER... We have to make Slashers arc and Pieta arc first Shieky. Unless your planning on making her younger later.

That actress is well in her late 30's if not 40's.
Alright Mr.Smartypants what's your idea?!
Old 2010-02-28, 20:10   Link #582
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Alright Mr.Smartypants what's your idea?!
I'll post it when I have a good idea... not a random one.
Old 2010-03-02, 10:26   Link #583
~ookami

Charlize Theron would make a nice claymore imo... don't know which she could play though. I guess all in all it would be amazing to see all roles played by motivated beautiful newcomers , who are not known so much...

Peter Jackson should be director of the Real Movie Damn... would love to see a real movie from this... sigh.
Old 2010-03-10, 15:59   Link #584
zato_1one

OK. I think that I've found a perfect Riful! She is super cute!

Spoiler for Warning: The site contains some NSFW pics.:

PS: She is actually 28.
Old 2010-03-10, 16:20   Link #585
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
OK. I think that I've found a perfect Riful! She is super cute!

Spoiler for Warning: The site contains some NSFW pics.:

PS: She is actually 28.
Besides the obvious fact that the whole island Claymore takes place on is Caucasian... I don't have much issue with her based on the pics but I need to know her height and voice, things pictures just don't tell. Since Riful is very young and therefore very short (even shorter than Priscilla) and likely young in voice. I personally hate older people trying to seem younger by acting cute and try to squeak their voice, which is what this actress would likely do playing a ~12 year old.

Plus we have the one other problem with finding a Riful... we have to see her next to her Dauf. They're just always together so separating them in the mind is tough.
Old 2010-03-10, 16:27   Link #586
zato_1one

I take this from some posters on that site.

Quote:
Nickname: Xia Da, April
Birthday: April 4th
Height: 158cm
Weight: 39kg
Old 2010-03-10, 17:10   Link #587
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Sorry but being 5'2" (158cm) makes her way too tall, IMHO... as sad as that sounds. She should be no more than 4'10" (147.32cm) and 4'8" (142.24cm) is better. After all... look at the height difference between Priscilla and Riful. According to the databook Priscilla is 5'5" (165cm) so clearly a 5'2" (158cm) actress playing Riful would be too tall... unless you plan on wasting lots of budget dollars making the actress look as tall as a hobbit (like in Lord of the Rings).

Spoiler for Priscilla vs Riful:
Old 2010-03-10, 17:39   Link #588
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

I personally don't like the idea of Riful being played by anyone but a Caucausian...that's just my personal preference; I always saw her as a typical American "Disney girl"(I remember thinking Michelle Tractenberg). Really in general, I don't think I would go crazy if any of the characters were played by anyone but Caucaisians.

I don't think I'd be upset if a character were, but if I can nitpick, I might as well. I also second what Ryus said about people that are just too old and/or too tall for their roles:

Most of the people I picked for example are just too old(with the exception of a few), most of the women. Part of that can't be helped, all the big actors and actresses I know are no longer spring chickens, but nevertheless, even though they can pull off playing a younger character if they wanted too...it just wouldn't be the same. It probably would just be too noticeable, especially once things like height get in the way.

The only people I remember I picked that are still young and should be good for their roles are Hayden Christensen for Older Raki, and Lina Leandersson for Priscilla.
Old 2010-03-11, 03:42   Link #589
zato_1one

I think that you can't find a perfect candidates who exactly match everything in manga. If it will ever become a true live action, many small details need to be modified.

And I think that Riful looks more like an Asian to me.
Old 2010-03-11, 07:39   Link #590
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
I think that you can't find a perfect candidates who exactly match everything in manga. If it will ever become a true live action, many small details need to be modified.
True but you can have better candidates. Plus if you adapt it too much it would be Claymore anymore. After all the whole point of Riful and Dauf is that is appears to be so wrong due to Riful's apparent youth. I mean, can Dauf be Dauf without liking Loli? (see just cause Riful seems close enough it makes Dauf all the less for it (as if that was possible ))

Quote:
And I think that Riful looks more like an Asian to me.
Only in a few panels, IMHO (and mainly when she was first introduced... at the time of her death she's very clearly white with no Asian features. Her looks evolved, like Miria's and other cast members.)... beside those few panels she's very white.
Old 2010-03-11, 09:52   Link #591
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

I agree: I hate hate hate it when movie directors change and or feel forced to change things when it moves to the silver screen. This is especially big in comic book movies, where things have to become "realistic" because they have to appeal to the mass audience, and or worse, entire things are changed, altered, or added for reasons like political correctness.

While it's fun to look at how characters looked Pre-Timeskip and Post-Timeskip, I think we can take Post-Timeskip as how Yagi intended the characters to look like from the beginning, at least the ones that don't age like Riful.

Her height makes sense when you remember that Riful really isn't older then 11, or probably even 10.
Old 2010-03-11, 11:10   Link #592
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Only in a few panels, IMHO (and mainly when she was first introduced... at the time of her death she's very clearly white with no Asian features. Her looks evolved, like Miria's and other cast members.)... beside those few panels she's very white.
Huh? What are you talking about? The manga is not in full color. It's in black and white. That's why she looks very white.
Old 2010-03-11, 11:41   Link #593
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
I agree: I hate hate hate it when movie directors change and or feel forced to change things when it moves to the silver screen. This is especially big in comic book movies, where things have to become "realistic" because they have to appeal to the mass audience, and or worse, entire things are changed, altered, or added for reasons like political correctness.

While it's fun to look at how characters looked Pre-Timeskip and Post-Timeskip, I think we can take Post-Timeskip as how Yagi intended the characters to look like from the beginning, at least the ones that don't age like Riful.

Her height makes sense when you remember that Riful really isn't older then 11, or probably even 10.
I'm okay with changing some things for the big screen since it'll boost it's popularity. If the production company thinks it'll be popular, it'll get more money and all.

Example, for the Cowboy Bebop movie, Fay's clothes should be changed.
Old 2010-03-11, 14:15   Link #594
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Huh? What are you talking about? The manga is not in full color. It's in black and white. That's why she looks very white.
Look at her face, her eyes, shape of her jaw,....even in black and white, you can tell alot about a person's origins just by studying their face alot.
Old 2010-03-11, 21:18   Link #595
zato_1one

Quote:
Look at her face, her eyes, shape of her jaw,....even in black and white, you can tell alot about a person's origins just by studying their face alot.
You can look at her from those aspects. My point is that the manga is not in full color. That's why you can't mention about how white her skin is.
Old 2010-03-12, 00:40   Link #596
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
You can look at her from those aspects. My point is that the manga is not in full color. That's why you can't mention about how white her skin is.
I meant white as in Caucasian, not the exact tone of her skin (Caucasians don't all have the same skin tone ). I meant just what Shiek said... her facial structure is that of a Caucasian girl not an Asian girl. We all know the manga is B&W... which limits her to being Caucasian or Asian but her facial structure is Caucasian (especially after she was first introduced and after the 7 year time jump, I'll give you a few early panels where she looks Asian but Yagi choose for her not to be this by not repeating it when he drew her later).

Plus... ... She'd look really weird if she was that white. Then again, she did live in a dark castle for a hundred years. I wonder how pale her skin would be?
Old 2010-03-14, 08:15   Link #597
gxy1069

errrr.......wateva guys, but i am out of here coz i am one of those ppl who believe claymore
should stay as a manga/anime. flames will be used to burn witches
Old 2010-03-14, 16:23   Link #598
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by gxy1069 View Post
flames will be used to burn witches
Clearly you are unwise in the ways of science... You can't burn a Silver-Eyed Witch they're made of Yoma not wood... They won't burn.

Though Clare is pretty light... but she should weigh more than a duck!

Old 2010-04-07, 14:01   Link #599
warrior

Clare
Old 2010-04-07, 14:09   Link #600
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior View Post
Clare
, Roflmao, I don't think dressing up as the characters count.

I don't know if it was ever actually said, but I think it's celebrity-only.
Closed Thread