AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-31, 23:04   Link #601
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

First post updated with volume 18's illustrations...
(´・ω・`) Not very good scans though...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-08-31, 23:40   Link #602
Used Can

Thanks mate

Anyway, one question: Why is Index looking shocked in this pic?

Edit: Wait, I've just realised the thing behind that guy is not a tree.
Anyhow, what was happening during that scene?
Old 2009-09-01, 11:54   Link #603
Lummie

^^ i've also somewhat the same question but about a other pic, what the hell is happening here?

Spoiler for Poor Touma:
Old 2009-09-01, 12:42   Link #604
Miraluka
Banned

@Used Can : More than shocked looks like the Johann's Pen mode, and that guy behind her is the leader of GRS using his Holy Right.

@Lummie: If those wings works using only magic, they're on a big trouble
Old 2009-09-01, 15:14   Link #605
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
@Used Can : More than shocked looks like the Johann's Pen mode, and that guy behind her is the leader of GRS using his Holy Right.
Didn't Tōma destroy it?

Anyway, Fiamma, being GRS' leader, doesn't look particularly scary (well, it isn't as if other characters - like Accelerator - look scary either).
Old 2009-09-01, 21:58   Link #606
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Didn't Tōma destroy it?
Yes, you're right, I supose that Fiamma is searching to create an external control to the JPM, an that pic is a...flashforward???

Quote:
Anyway, Fiamma, being GRS' leader, doesn't look particularly scary (well, it isn't as if other characters - like Accelerator - look scary either).
Well, a peaceful look for someone who is supposed to be more powerful than Aqua, he must be very scary.
Old 2009-09-02, 16:44   Link #607
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
^^ i've also somewhat the same question but about a other pic, what the hell is happening here?

Spoiler for Poor Touma:
Ah, that's the illustration I used to talk about regarding what I found for vol 18, dated back on this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
18 is out (well for my local Kinokuniya anyway), just checked it out... well, for almost any light novel I see on the shelf, I always check the illustrations first to let me get a gist of what's inside... looks like:

<moving on...>

- A character who... uh, as a later illustration shows as I browse through the pages - is yet another potential addition into Touma's harem? She's a blondie with some sort of wings appendage at her back (while wearing something I don't even know how to describe to begin with, looks like a cheerleader's uniform to me) [/SPOILER]

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2009-09-02, 23:45   Link #608
Miraluka
Banned

New translations of Baka-tsuki

To Aru Majutsu no Index:Volume12 Chapter2 Part 6

Between the lines 2...
Old 2009-09-04, 01:25   Link #609
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Poor Kanzaki

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2009-09-04, 20:19   Link #610
WildArms
Come on, become a legend

i have a question! o.o, i saw the ba ka page for the light novels but there isnt even 1 completed there is like the first chapter in like 4 volumes and they suddenly jumped to 12 lol (i think i know why) so i think is impossible to be checking the light novels in english as for now?
Old 2009-09-04, 23:19   Link #611
SoggySoyBean
Squishie

Yea I think the only one being translated right now is Volume 12, and progress is slow-it would seem to me.
Old 2009-09-05, 11:44   Link #612
BlueDo

Unfortunately, it is impossible.
Index is only a semi-popular series.

I would just wait on Season 2, and hope that covers vol 13
Old 2009-09-07, 16:48   Link #613
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
You know, I just skimmed-ish through volume 16, and I have to say, there's one thing that's really irk-ing me now:

Why the heck is Mikoto getting left out of all the action?!

Spoiler for Volume 16:

I feel like we're being massively and ridiculously cheated here. Mikoto is supposed to be one of the most powerful characters in the show/novel, and yet while Touma is half dying against his opponents, the most action she sees is the "fight" where Touma stopped her from going after Accelerator. >.> Even Index has seen better action against bad guys than her, and she isn't even a fighter by any stretch of the imagination.

Spoiler for Volume 16:
Old 2009-09-07, 21:58   Link #614
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Spoiler for Volume 16:
Baka yarou
I'll be waiting the translations for thath part.
Old 2009-09-10, 23:38   Link #615
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Well, regardless how popular Mikoto is with fans(I like her the most too in the series) the main heroine is still supposed to be Index so it is fair for Index to be getting more action than her. If you want more Mikoto action, I guess reading the To aru Kagaku Railgun novel will be more satisfying ^^
Old 2009-09-11, 00:20   Link #616
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

I'm under the impression that Biribiri is a main heroine, too. Perhaps not the main heroine, but she would be considered a main heroine no less.

Curious, though. I don't think she has partake in fights when the it comes to the magic side, has she? I know Accelerator has fought against them, mainly, against those from God's Right Seat, but what about Biribiri? This threads mentions some Imoutos were killed by Aqua, so... did Biribiri fought against him?
Old 2009-09-11, 01:26   Link #617
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Thanks mate

Anyway, one question: Why is Index looking shocked in this pic?

Edit: Wait, I've just realised the thing behind that guy is not a tree.
Anyhow, what was happening during that scene?
Spoiler:
Old 2009-09-11, 08:06   Link #618
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2009-09-11, 20:35   Link #619
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Well, regardless how popular Mikoto is with fans(I like her the most too in the series) the main heroine is still supposed to be Index so it is fair for Index to be getting more action than her. If you want more Mikoto action, I guess reading the To aru Kagaku Railgun novel will be more satisfying ^^
Mikoto is one of the two main heroines, and way stronger than Index in a fight, who only has defensive abilities. But being a heroine or not doesn't matter anyway; otherwise why are Kaori and other non-main characters getting more action than Index? Mikoto is one of the strongest fighters in the series, and she has the will to use her powers; it doesn't make sense that she's not joining in on the action, especially now that she has a personal stake in Touma's fights. At the very least,
Spoiler:

And there isn't a Railgun novel; just the manga. (which isn't horribly action-packed either)
Old 2009-09-12, 00:47   Link #620
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Spoiler:
It is just a translation thing.
If you translate it from the kanji 幻想殺し, it'll be Imagien Breaker.
Biut if you translate it from how it is reffered in kana イマジンブレイカー, it is imagine breaker.
People's abilities in this novel often have different name when reffered in kanjin and kana.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen