AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2015-08-18, 17:26   Link #1481
einhorn303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
It appears the image traces back at its furthest to this Twitter user, a few days ago, before even the 4Chan Thread. He doesn't seem to imply that it's a joke at all...

Of course if this doesn't work out, we can always have this.
I want to say this is obviously fake. But when I reverse image search it, I don't get any results older than 8-16-2015. So it might've actually been posted by that character designer. Even then, though, it probably wouldn't mean anything. Also, I don't any see activity about it on the Japanese Umineko twitter tag.
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-18, 17:38   Link #1482
MCAL

Yeah its definitely fake. For one why would Ufotable adapt Chiru when the question arcs need a do over.

But if for some reason its not, let me be hit by a flying ice cream truck...
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-19, 12:55   Link #1483
The Creator
Golden Emperor

It's fake.

First reported in Anime Maru a "Satirical Publication" site. Fret not, there's no anime coming.

Also, if you checked the official twitter there's no tweet no even remotely close to that one.
The Creator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-19, 14:24   Link #1484
Mr. Dent
A Rather Brillig Ember

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Creator View Post
It's fake.

First reported in Anime Maru a "Satirical Publication" site. Fret not, there's no anime coming.
I actually linked that article, which was posted shortly after the UFOtable picture was posted on this forum... They're not referring to the same thing.
Old 2015-08-27, 00:23   Link #1485
Tamashi
Most boring person

"Maddened by love. Maddened by gold. One who is not maddened by either is not human."- Beatrice That must mean I'm not human cuz i'm not maddened for any of those.
Tamashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-27, 01:18   Link #1486
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamashi View Post
"Maddened by love. Maddened by gold. One who is not maddened by either is not human."- Beatrice That must mean I'm not human cuz i'm not maddened for any of those.
Go back to the depths of hell that you came from, furniture.
Levani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-27, 18:10   Link #1487
Tamashi
Most boring person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
Go back to the depths of hell that you came from, furniture.
ok I went there what do you want me to do next?
Tamashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-12, 01:28   Link #1488
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

With the videos thread being closed, this is probably the correct place to post Umineko AMVs, right?

Well, back in 2012 in the videos post LyricalAura talked about how criminal the lack of Umineko vids set to Kill the Lights by The Birthday Massacre was. And upon hearing that, Wanderer went away and made an amazing video to that song using non-anime footage, and I also went away and started making a video to that song, based on the anime footage. It just, um, took me two and a bit years to finish my one. For reasons involving (a) my video program hating me and causing me to have to remake it and fix lots of problems, and (b) me actually completing it earlier this year and then stupidly thinking "...No, I'm going to redo this entire thing with better quality footage!".

Anyway, it's finally done, so here.

(Direct link to the Youtube video for if the embed doesn't display.)

I had decided a few months ago to go on hiatus from other Umineko stuff until I got this thing done, so now there are a lot of threads in this forum for me to catch up on reading. I'll be busy!

Last edited by GoldenLand; 2015-10-12 at 01:48.
GoldenLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-10, 11:37   Link #1489
FFTHEWINNER

thought i'd share my thought,though it has probably been said a trillion times already lol.

i love the VN. i reached episode 3 so far and i love it so much that i made a playthrough topic of it here:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=143689

thought i'd compare to the anime. i know VNs are always better,which is why i play them. i was just curious. so i watched the 1st anime episode...

by god was that BAD or what?!!it was atrocious. i felt like i was pressing the fast-forward button all the time,many scenes meanings got changed because IMPORTANT details got leftout (for instance,the anime makes Battler to be a pervert in the groping scene while it is clear in the VN that he not only was making a joke and wasnt serious,but was even fully accepting and expecting to get hit as punishment.

the characters became cardboard cutouts. the sarcastically evil and extremely smart Krauss was turned into nothing. they didnt even mention the relationships between all the characters.

in the"maria getting hit"scene in the VN i was truly sad for maria and angry at her mother. why?because 1:i got to understand/connect with her and 2:while in that scene she was somewhat annoying,she wasnt that annoying usually. in the anime they made the hit look fully justified by 1:not doing anything with maria beforehand like the VN did and 2:making her far more annoying in the scene than she was in the VN. also,the transition to that scene was EXTREMELY jarring.as in NO transition.one second they were at the beach and next second they were in the garden searching for the rose. they didnt even mention that this was the wrong group of roses. oh,and they didnt even say the f***ing epitaph,which is what this whole thing is based on lol. seiously,wtf??

i could go on forever. however,i would like to mention that the anime opening song/accompanying video is EPIC! it gave me false hopes for the rest

i have some experience with the KEY VNs anime adaptations,and while i vastly prefer the VN versions,i would gladly recommend the animes to people who dont play VNs. i would never ever recommend anyone touches this with a 10 meter pole lol.
FFTHEWINNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-02, 11:34   Link #1490
Y Ddraig Goch
Chasing Echoes

I originally wanted to ask this on the image thread or the Q&A, but since both have been closed, I'll ask here.

Does anyone still have the image of Beatrice and Battler with each other back to back and the latter's elbow (or arm) on the former's shoulder. Beato is holding her smoking pipe and the two have relaxed expressions like they're old friends. The art style of the picture uses the anime's art.

I recall the illustration was the cover picture of one of the more well-known tumblrs revolving on Umineko, but I can't quite put my finger on it.
Y Ddraig Goch is offline   Reply With Quote